• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Yes' date=' because Kolarov's really good at defending... And you obviously haven't watched City play recently to claim Yaya is a DM.

Yay :)[/quote']

I know Yaya doesn't play as a DM at City, but playing as an AM, he's much deeper then any actual AM.

Kolarov is a poor defender, but what does he really have? A great Left Foot... A hard shot, that's about it. He also plays as a defender. :rolleyes:

I know Yaya doesn't play as a DM at City' date=' but playing as an AM, he's much deeper then any actual AM.

Kolarov is a poor defender, but what does he really have? A great Left Foot... A hard shot, that's about it. He also plays as a defender. :rolleyes:[/quote']

A deep-lying AM is not a DM :)

Kolarov would make an awesome winger. Great cross and great shot though perhaps a little selfish. City should do what Redknapp did with Bale, which we are doing as Zaba will be the LB behind Koalrov...

Anyway, 2-0 and absolutely superb :D Other than Balo's hair...

A deep-lying AM is not a DM :)

Kolarov would make an awesome winger. Great cross and great shot though perhaps a little selfish. City should do what Redknapp did with Bale' date=' which we are doing as Zaba will be the LB behind Koalrov...

Anyway, 2-0 and absolutely superb :D Other than Balo's hair...[/quote']

Your goign out in the next round anyway :P

This is a shame :o

Great finish form Balotelli only one team in birmingham going to Europe :D

Trouble is thou they'l let you back afterwards :P

Is that Herd fella from Villa on the database yet through playing a friendly in the summer or some other SM anomaly, or is it a mad rush in the next couple of days?

Trouble is thou they'l let you back afterwards :P

Is that Herd fella from Villa on the database yet through playing a friendly in the summer or some other SM anomaly' date=' or is it a mad rush in the next couple of days?[/quote']

He's already on it, been on loan at Port Vale, Wycombe and Lincoln :P

I feel sorry for Delph. How's he meant to make a claim on the first-team if he's being played completely out of position? He's never played left-back in his career. I can understand if there's an injury crisis and I assume he's been practising there in training at least a little bit - but how is he meant to make an impact and do the stuff that earnt him the move if he's playing in defence?

I feel sorry for Delph. How's he meant to make a claim on the first-team if he's being played completely out of position? He's never played left-back in his career. I can understand if there's an injury crisis and I assume he's been practising there in training at least a little bit - but how is he meant to make an impact and do the stuff that earnt him the move if he's playing in defence?

Didn't he play a bit of left back for leeds?

Guest 1CapWonder

183965_10150105435307669_705187668_6509883_3171750_n.jpg

Oh well, I got on tv at least! Left hand side of the post, Villa shirt, not looking happy.

I don't want to say too much about the game. Disappointed with the team selection and the performance but at the end of the day, I'm behind Houllier and I'm gonna give him a lot more time than this.

On a much more sour note, the night ended badly. Having suffered abuse way beyond banter on the train back from a load of Villa fans. 15 and 16 year old kids, a group of about 7 or 8 singing about Munich for no reason whatsoever. I'm not even a United fan, but they were sick and they don't even understand what it means.

The rest of them walked off and it was 2 lads with their dad waiting to get picked up by the mum outside the station. The abuse we suffered continued and I had kept my head down for long enough. I told the dad he was pathetic and I was embarrassed for him and his kids. He squared up to me and my mate got hit by this 16 year old kid. I hit him, and then the dad got involved and it all broke out. It was outside a pub and the police got called in and the family drove off spitting at us from the car. I now have had to deal with the police, give a full report and spend my night talking them through a quite pathetic situation.

There are some people I just feel sorry for, and this minority of City fans on the train have really put the club to shame. There were around 20-25 fans who sat and watched and laughed as these little kids were racist, vile and disgusting. It takes a lot to get me riled but I was fuming and now I've got to deal with this. Quote of the night came from the dad, who claimed that I "wasn't a real football fan, because I don't know what it means." I said "why, because I don't sing about death?" and he said "exactly, your a part-timer, you don't have a clue" When I questioned the mum about the way she brought up her kids she said "grow up, everyone does it"

Pathetic.

On the up side, aren't Villa fans just brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...

Big game today boys !

Fingers crossed the dingles are put in there place.

Should be a good game, i reckon villa 3-1 or 2-1.

Anything else than a Villa win and im not going home...

EDIT: Completely wrong.

After coming round to him some what, or at least giving him a chance.

I have had enough this great club is being pulled down into the levels of our second rate neighbours.

Joke. had enough.

no chance he'll resign

Wish he would. It feels like iv done the rounds this season on GH.

Initially i was unsure of the choice but respected his CV. Started to dislike him, but then tried to look objectively at it, i mean he did have a ridiculous amount of injuries and previous issues to deal with.

And as much as i agree with his stance towards players who are disrespecting him ( different topic, they play for the club and should show some respect regardless if they dislike the manager ), but apart from that, he seems to want to change our philosophy but refuses to address our defensive frailties until the summer ! his words !!

He has lost the dressing room, usually the final nail in the coffin, no one wanted to play for him. Fans have turned whether how they show it is the correct way to go about things or not.

Ridiculously we have an ok run in but far from easy before 2 tough games t end the season on ( Liverpool and Arsenal)

Next few games are Everton (A), Newcastle (H), West Ham (A), Stoke (H), West Brom (A) Wigan (H).

If the players would show the fight and determination for the club, and GH shows some tactical nous we could easy get the points we need. but we probably wont....... back to fearing for survival.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

And as much as i agree with his stance towards players who are disrespecting him ( different topic' date=' they play for the club and should show some respect regardless if they dislike the manager ), but apart from that, he seems to want to change our philosophy but refuses to address our defensive frailties until the summer ! his words !! [/quote']

is houiller basically playing to his favourites? when he was at liverpool he would literally bend over backwards for the likes of owen and gerrard, yet he effectively sacked litmanen for basically saying in a newspaper interview that he wish he was playing more often - if he is still like that (and i slightly suspect that he is with playing young in the middle where he wants to play) and i can see that grating other members of the team, esp as two of them have bad memories of him from their time with him at liverpool (warnock and friedel)

and you mentioned his CV, one thing that peeved me off bigtime last summer was an interview he did (think it was with an evening standard) where he basically slagged off a load of former liverpool managers (saying roy evans 'was no more than a number 2') and bigging himself up (doing his usual taking credit for the CL win, saying 'he left behind a CL winning squad' when in reality he left behind a pretty poor squad that went on to win the CL), and i think i read the other week that he bemoaned the fact that this isnt his squad, hence why its doing so bad - houiller does have a tendancy to cover his own backside at all costs (his 'liverpool are the most attacking team in the league because we have the most shots on goal' was one in his last year) - i think you may well see this soon

Guest JackWWFC

Was sat in the Doug Ellis lower today.. Have to say your fans were quite bad.

Was a decent enough game but I think we were probably the better side. Darren Bent's dive and Ashley Young's failed attempt of a dive summed the day up.

Still think both of us will stay up, but we and you are not safe yet.