Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

David Haye will take on Valuev on the 7th of November in Germany.

Haye isnt the most popular of men in Germany, and on top of recieving stick from the crowd, he will be fighting a living giant in Valuev, he is 7'2 :eek:, compared to Hayes taller than average 6'3 !

Obviously with his height comes size, and he is a massive 8 stone heavier than Haye !

Nikolay-Valuev-David-Haye.jpg

This really is a case of David VS Goliath.

Haye is a very technically gifted boxer, much quicker and more gifted than the giant that is Valuev, who has only ever lost once on points and i dont think he has ever been knocked out. Haye has won 22, 21 of which were knockout and has lost one pro fight. Its going to be epic, and i think if Haye utilises his speed well enough ! i think he COULD just about do it, but one blow from Valuev and you aint gonna be getting back up, fingers crossed haye lands a hayemaker :D

Re: David Haye VS Valuev

david haye would be lucky if he got a punch in......

im a fan of haye but this is guy is a monster

I think your being a tad unfair, No doubt Valuev is a absoloute monster, HOWEVER !

Haye is a very gifted, quick and talented fighter with alot of speed, Valuev is a big git, but he is very slow at times, like i said, if he fight in the right manner, he could do it. Will be a tough challenge but i really hope he does

Haye to win, simple fact that his is more agile,faster and better conditioned which will make him last throughout the latter rounds. Where as Valuev will be slow and sluggish, Valuev will have to punish Haye early on if he stands a chance of winning.

david haye would be lucky if he got a punch in......

im a fan of haye but this is guy is a monster

Valuev has to be the favourite because of his ridiculous height and weight advantage but it'd be folly to get carried away like this. Let's not forget that a 46 year-old, way past his best Evander Holyfield took Valuev all the way, and only lost on points marginally. Haye's a similar build to Holyfield but a lot quicker, if he can take a few shots from Valuev and keep him moving theres no reason why he shouldn't pinch the fight.

You know what they say - the bigger they are, the harder they fall! ;)

But I think this is quite an interesting match-up and it should give us a good indication of how ready Haye is to make the step-up. In all reality, his fight with Wladimir Klitschko would have come far too early for him in his career and he would have got pummelled, although, in a way, it was a shame it did fall through what with him having an excellent marketing ploy going (boy, was that t-shirt controversial?!). This should be a decent fight and I reckon Haye can beat him on his day. I just think that a win here will propel him to another proposed fight with Klitschko, which will still be too early for him, in my opinion.

Anyone see "Money" Mayweather at the weekend? Absolutely creamed Marquez. Will we get to see what everyone wants to see now - Mayweather v Pacquiao? Ouch, that's a tasty fight!

You know what they say - the bigger they are' date=' the harder they fall! ;)

But I think this is quite an interesting match-up and it should give us a good indication of how ready Haye is to make the step-up. In all reality, his fight with Wladimir Klitschko would have come far too early for him in his career and he would have got pummelled, although, in a way, it was a shame it did fall through what with him having an excellent marketing ploy going (boy, was that t-shirt controversial?!). This should be a decent fight and I reckon Haye can beat him on his day. I just think that a win here will propel him to another proposed fight with Klitschko, which will still be too early for him, in my opinion.

Anyone see "Money" Mayweather at the weekend? Absolutely creamed Marquez. Will we get to see what everyone wants to see now - Mayweather v Pacquiao? Ouch, that's a tasty fight![/quote']

Thats for another thread my friend :P i hope he does fight Pacquiao though instead of the bloke that challenged him after . . . . cant remember his name.

Im really looking forward to this fight, i think it could be epic if Haye wins, because for him to win, he will need to fight to a game plan that wil be so entertaining its untrue ! happy days

Anyone see "Money" Mayweather at the weekend? Absolutely creamed Marquez. Will we get to see what everyone wants to see now - Mayweather v Pacquiao? Ouch' date=' that's a tasty fight![/quote']

It was a mismatch wasn't it, Mayweather was just different class. A lot depends on what Pacman does against Cotto, obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayweather in the ring with Mosley first regardless, he's still only one fight into his come back, a fight against somebody who's happier at welterweight than Marquez was might serve as another tuner for taking on Manny.

Yes

So i think so.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As were being petty' date=' [b']do you honestly think Haye wont get one punch in one him[/b] ?

did u think i was being serious ?? B)

In 10/12 rounds DO U HONESTLY BELIEVE HAYE WONT GET A PUNCH IN??

????...........????????........... just think about stuff

Did you read my post, in response to your petty sarcastic post i responded i the same manner. So you think about stuff . . . . .

Will o' the wisp (Willie Pep) won a round without landing a single punch. Very funny story advised to read to fully appreciate. He even predicted some time before the bout that he would win the third round without landing a punch....

Haye all day long.

Valuev might be huge, but he is a sub-standard boxer. If you're worried about Hayes lack of height and weight in comparison, don't be. Valuev got beaten by Ruslan Chagaev who is 6'1'' and weighs about a stone less than Haye himself. Chagaev is a busy fighter who likes to put the pressure on, it was like a mosquito on a giant bear, the bear kept getting bit and couldn't swat the mosquito away (Chagaev recently got beaten by Wladimir Klitschko).

Haye has brilliant speed and feet for a man of his stature, and if you didn't see Maccarinelli fold under his shots then you should youtube that fight, because Haye devastated a big man who was solid in the Cruiserweight division. He whooped on Monte Barrett who is an experienced journeyman who's duked it out with some tough fighters himself, including Valuev, lasting til the 11th, losing by TKO.

If Haye doesn't win then I'll arrange a fight with Valuev and beat him myself.

Mr. Adamski this guy is being sarcastic LOOK :eek::eek:

You was being sarcastic to me in a belittling manner. What was i supposed to do, say thanks for making me look a mug ? er no.

Btw count this as a warning as iv asked for the thread to go back on topic

the heavyweight division isnt as exciting as the old times. now you dont have any truely exceptional fighters. all a bunch giant orthodox safety-first fighters. it s pretty much dominated by a bunch of hard nuts from the old soviet union, guys who win fights by being able to take a punch rather than deliver their own knockout punches .

i prefer to watch super middleweight fights tbh you get the best mix of speed and power. better spectacle imo

super 6 looks alright

the heavyweight division isnt as exciting as the old times. now you dont have any truely exceptional fighters. all a bunch giant orthodox safety-first fighters. it s pretty much dominated by a bunch of hard nuts from the old soviet union' date=' guys who win fights by being able to take a punch rather than deliver their own knockouts punches .

i prefer to watch super middleweight fights tbh you get the best mix of speed and power. better spectacle imo[/quote']

Hey your completely right, but i still want to watch it and i think it could be a good fight if Haye, uses his speed well

Im backing Haye gents he's a top fighter

Granted size is a massive difference 8 stone :eek:

Anyways the great Rocky Marciano was a middleweight fighting above his size and he is a legend

So roll on the 7th November

And lets hope we see the hayemaker reek havoc

Hey your completely right' date=' but i still want to watch it and i think it could be a good fight if Haye, uses his speed well[/quote']

of course, i m watching it too, it may not the best display of boxing, but it s still way better than all the other stuff on tv

for haye, maybe he should hit and move hit and move, and basically do what chagaev did. that could work. and when he gets the chance, go in there fast and cut up the guy from close quarters, dont let valuev use his reach advantage and dictate the fight from distance.