Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

Mayweather v Mosley has just been officially confirmed for May 1st, MGM Grand in Vegas. Not on any official sites yet, give it a few hours, but it's definitely a go.

Yeah the Roy v Hopkins fight is silly. It's nearly as bad as Holyfield v Tyson. I love Roy and he's one of my top all-time fighters but i wish he'd just retire. Hopkins will kill him.

Mayweather v Mosley has just been officially confirmed for May 1st' date=' MGM Grand in Vegas. Not on any official sites yet, give it a few hours, but it's definitely a go.

Yeah the Roy v Hopkins fight is silly. It's nearly as bad as Holyfield v Tyson. I love Roy and he's one of my top all-time fighters but i wish he'd just retire. Hopkins will kill him.[/quote']

Chuffed about the mosley mayweather fight me mate, hope FMJ does a number on him and gets the recognition he deserves. Going to be a great fight !!

Anyone watching tonight ?

Might do but I'll probably try and get a stream for it. Not shelling out £15 or whatever it is for something that I don't expect to be too great of a contest. Haye should win this one comfortably in my opinion, so long as he's prepared for the fight appropriately.

Might do but I'll probably try and get a stream for it. Not shelling out £15 or whatever it is for something that I don't expect to be too great of a contest. Haye should win this one comfortably in my opinion' date=' so long as he's prepared for the fight appropriately.[/quote']

Links would be appreciated if anybody manages to grab a working one tonight. I'll pop one up here if I get my hands on one as well.

I've had a couple of bets on Haye winning either deep into the fight or on points. It'll be interesting to see what this supposedly new style the Ruiz camp have been working on though, I can't really picture him fighting any other way.

Haye's expected to start about 11 apparently. Myp2p looks promising for streams later on' date=' quite a few links anyway.

[url']http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=71260∂=sports[/url]

Myp2p if it has that many links will definitely work,Haye will win this fight easily as Ruiz is a poor fighter and hasnt weighted in competitvely for a while,should be a KO within 6 for Haye despite Ruiz having a good chin as he has only got knocked out to Tua who had one hell of a punch,Still an easy win for Haye who I suspect will go straight for the Klitskchos if he wins.

Ahhhh been a while since i've been in this thread. I'm ordered it on box office, but if i hadn't Myp2p would be my bet, they've got loads of streams for tonight.

I've got bets on Haye in rounds 5, 6, 7 or 8 but in the last few hours since the weigh-in i've been getting this sneaky feeling Haye might just blow him away in a round so i've stuck a bet on that aswell.

I just cannot see a way Ruiz can win tbh, should be comfortable for Haye whether its early or late regardless of how much these pundits want to talk up how tough Ruiz is.

I've got bets on Haye in rounds 5' date=' 6, 7 or 8[/b'] but in the last few hours since the weigh-in i've been getting this sneaky feeling Haye might just blow him away in a round so i've stuck a bet on that aswell.

I'm usually close lol.

Haye looked fantastic tonight. I think he could have finished him in the 1st to be honest but wanted to put on a show for the crowd. Surprised it lasted til the 9th but great performance, never in doubt really. How many knockdowns? 4?

I think tonight proved how good a boxer Haye really is, and thats hes not just a banger. You can see his brain ticking over in the ring just waiting for his opponent to make a mistake and BOOM! massive uppercut or big right hand.

Bring on the Bitchscko sisters :D

I'm usually close lol.

Haye looked fantastic tonight. I think he could have finished him in the 1st to be honest but wanted to put on a show for the crowd. Surprised it lasted til the 9th but great performance' date=' never in doubt really. How many knockdowns? 4?

I think tonight proved how good a boxer Haye really is, and thats hes not just a banger. You can see his brain ticking over in the ring just waiting for his opponent to make a mistake and BOOM! massive uppercut or big right hand.

Bring on the Bitchscko sisters :D

Uhhhh....No.

TBH, tonight is yet another fight by yet another new-ish champ that didn't prove anything, let alone a thing...

But I agree...bring on the Ukrainians...

Junior VS. The Executioner later tonight... hopefully that's more entertaining.

Thought Haye was decent tonight, but he still has work to do for me. Ruiz was slow, lumbering and there for the taking all night long. He stayed in there as long as he did through pure guts and that first-round knock-down had him rocking for the rest of the fight. Either Klitschko would show Haye up right now in my opinion and I think he'd be better off having a couple more fights at heavyweight against lesser opponents. Whe only question is, however, who's out there?

He was talking up Tomasz Adamek prior to the Ruiz fight, he's another guy who came up from Cruiserweight or possibly even lower, I think. Might not have the name value but it'd certainly be one of the better fights out there for him, both stylistically and in terms of beefing up his record before going after the Klits. Not sure who the WBA have in store for him mind, Chagaev is ringing a bell for some reason but I'm really not sure.

He was good tonight, but Ruiz is never going to be the classiest of opponents, though to be fair to him this is the best fight I can remember him having. He wasn't as keen to spoil as he usually is and while part of that is no doubt down to Haye's speed making it tougher to do, I'm prepared to buy into the spin that Ruiz changed his style for this fight. One thing I will say for Haye, his power is simply phenomenal for a guy who came up from Cruiser. There will obvious still be doubts about his defense but I think that way he rocked Valuev and now put Ruiz on the canvas dispels any worries he hasn't bought his power up with him.

Anybody bothering with Hopkins/Jones Jr later? Normally I wouldn't give a monkeys but RJJ is such a heavy underdog I got tempted into lumping a few notes on him.

Uhhhh....No.

TBH' date=' tonight is yet another fight by yet another new-ish champ that didn't prove anything, let alone a thing...

But I agree...bring on the Ukrainians...

[b']

Junior VS. The Executioner later tonight... hopefully that's more entertaining.

[/b]

Stupid statement to make. Its simply going to be a masacre.

As for Haye he answered all the lingering questions surrounding him, top performance against a very tough durable Ruiz.

[/b]

As for Haye he answered all the lingering questions surrounding him' date=' top performance against a very tough durable Ruiz.[/quote]

Talk about a "stupid statement to make"...:rolleyes:

[/b]

As for Haye he answered all the lingering questions surrounding him' date=' top performance against a very tough durable Ruiz.[/quote]

Talk about a "stupid statement to make"...:rolleyes:

Question about Haye's stamina? Gone.

Any questions about his power ? Gone.

Not many people beat Ruiz as easily as Haye did, and for that he deserves praise.

Is the RJJ v B-hopo fight even broadcast on british television? Will be very surprised if Bernard doesn't win very comfortably.

Not that I know of' date=' streaming yet again.

Question about Haye's stamina? Gone.

Any questions about his power ? Gone.

Not many people beat Ruiz as easily as Haye did, and for that he deserves praise.

No doubt he's answered some questions, most significantly that his punches still have some serious venom behind them, but there's a lot left to prove yet. Until he fights somebody who seriously tests out his defense then there'll be lingering doubts. Unfortunately I'm not convinced there's anybody out there worth the risk other than the Klits.