Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

Not that I know of' date=' streaming yet again.

No doubt he's answered some questions, most significantly that his punches still have some serious venom behind them, but there's a lot left to prove yet. Until he fights somebody who seriously tests out his defense then there'll be lingering doubts. Unfortunately I'm not convinced there's anybody out there worth the risk other than the Klits.[/quote']

I seriously think he should fight Eddie Chambers,sure he got beat up but he lasted 12 rounds with the Klitsckhos and not many people can say that,he is quick like Haye but Haye should have enough about him to beat Chambers,if not Adamek will be a good opponent too.

[/b]

Stupid statement to make. Its simply going to be a masacre.

As for Haye he answered all the lingering questions surrounding him' date=' top performance against a very tough durable Ruiz.[/quote]

Talk about a "stupid statement to make"...:rolleyes:

It was a top performance, he could have blown him out in the first round after the first knockdown and you could see Ruiz' legs gone, but instead of rushing in he took his time and made sure he got the job done properly.

As for you disagreeing with Ruiz being durable... Did you see some of the shots Haye landed? Some of those shots would have taken fighters clean out, and i mean completely dropped them in one.

I always said it would be easy for Haye as it was the perfect clash of styles. But don't let that sort of way Ruiz keeps coming forward like a drunken bum fool you, he can take a hell of a punch, and he hasn't been around for 18 years without being a decent operator.

Not that I know of' date=' streaming yet again.

[/quote']

Would have been pointless watching anyway.

No doubt he's answered some questions, most significantly that his punches still have some serious venom behind them, but there's a lot left to prove yet. Until he fights somebody who seriously tests out his defense then there'll be lingering doubts. Unfortunately I'm not convinced there's anybody out there worth the risk other than the Klits.

Whilst i agree, Stupid comments from Johnnyc IMO

Would have been pointless watching anyway.

Whilst i agree' date=' Stupid comments from Johnnyc IMO[/quote']

I gave up after 5. It's a bit disturbing watching two guys who used to be great when they probably should have packed up and gone home by now.

Jones never looked like winning me any money anyway, predictably 2nd best.

Edit: Although apparently he put Hopkins on one knee later in the fight. Might be selling him short.

I fell asleep but from what i gather, Roy hit Hopkins with a rabbit punch (a very soft one supposedly) and Hopkins started crying about it and went after Roy like a man possessed and supposedly after the round, security had to separate them as they were both brawling. Then after that point it was just rabbit punch after rabbit punch, low blows, elbows and everything. The crowd even started booing in Round 12.

Hopkins then went on to call Haye out.

Haha really? I heard murmurs about that before Haye fought Valuev.

I just don't get it, Haye would SLAUGHTER Hopkins with a capital S.

Does Hopkins quite understand how hard Haye hits and how quick he is for his size?

Hopkins has that rough and tumble inside game aswell but Haye's way stronger than Hopkins anyway.

Mind you, i'd actually love to see it, just to see Hopkins get battered, i cannot stand the guy.

Just curious...

Anyone here know Chris John? He's WBA feather weight champion from Indonesia. He already got title 'Super Champions' after defend his title more than 10 times, 1 of them against Juan Manuel Marquez. He isn't as famous as PacMan (yet), but he will.. Trust me

Just curious...

Anyone here know Chris John? He's WBA feather weight champion from Indonesia. He already got title 'Super Champions' after defend his title more than 10 times' date=' 1 of them against Juan Manuel Marquez. He isn't as famous as PacMan (yet), but he will.. Trust me[/quote']

Yeah i know who Chris John is. He's a great boxer but didn't look all that great to me in his last fight.

Yuri Gamboa will son be ranked higher than him.

Yeah i know who Chris John is. He's a great boxer but didn't look all that great to me in his last fight.

Yuri Gamboa will son be ranked higher than him.

I agree that Gamboa looks very dangerous, but he's still weak at his defence where Chris very strong at. Biggest Chris weakness is he doesn't have killing punch

Haha i saw this. It makes me laugh that Wlad and Vitali have kept quiet for ages and now all of a sudden when Haye is the big draw in the division they're calling him out.

I do genuinely think he'd beat both of them aswell.

Edwin Valero has reportedly killed himself himself whilst in prison ( being interviewed over the death of his wife). Shame really as he was such an exciting fighter, although it is unlikely we would have seen him fight again anyway.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6103628,00.html

Edwin Valero has reportedly killed himself himself whilst in prison ( being interviewed over the death of his wife). Shame really as he was such an exciting fighter' date=' although it is unlikely we would have seen him fight again anyway.

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6103628,00.html[/url]

Yes, I heard about this. Part of me wasn't really surprised because when he fought he kinda looked like a serious madman. Reportedly his wife, suffered injuries before this. Just really sad news for His and His wife's family.

Yes' date=' I heard about this. Part of me wasn't really surprised because when he fought he kinda looked like a serious madman. Reportedly his wife, suffered injuries before this. [b']Just really sad news for His and His wife's family.

[/b]

His wife was killed , supposedly by him :o. Hence why he was in prison.

If Froch could move and box he would easily win this fight' date='but as he can't/won't it should be great......[/quote']

I can see him taking Froch out in the 1st eight rounds, Froch already making excuses saying he's injured and the travel was bad.

I can see him taking Froch out in the 1st eight rounds' date=' Froch already making excuses saying he's injured and the travel was bad.[/quote']

I honestly don't know,the Kessler of old would knock him out within a round or two but he hasn't fought anyone competitve bar Ward in 2 years so I am really unsure on how good he is nowadays.....

I would love Froch to do it' date=' always good to see our British fighters do well. Im going for Kessler UD though.

Roll on next week¬[/quote']

Can't see a UD mate I think it will be a KO either way but which way I really don't know,hope Froch wins though and he really doesn't have the recognition he deserves compared to someone like Khan.