Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

What a dreadful fight that was! Do i blame Harrison though? Of course not!

Harrison's an old man in boxing terms, and i doubt he would have had another fight ever if that hadn't of happened. It sucks he didn't put up more of a fight but he's effectively got a stupid amount of money just to get punched a few times. I doubt Harrison cared too much about the title, that sorta cash for someone with little fight left in him is massive!

Hayemaker productions never should have let this fight take place, if it was an attempt to scare the Klitschko's it won't have worked, otherwise he's stalling to fight them or is just wanting the money.

Does Haye want to fight me? I'd happily get punched in the head for a million quid! :D

The only thing good about watching this boxing PPV' date=' was seeing the Assassins Creed: Brotherhood advert. :rolleyes:[/quote']

True dat!

Exactly at the bit in bold..... And the pac fight should be good' date=' that one will be a proper fight.[/quote']

Don't agree. If Harrison had come out flailing, he would have lost even sooner. He just couldn't react when the going got tough.

What a dreadful fight that was! Do i blame Harrison though? Of course not!

Harrison's an old man in boxing terms' date=' and i doubt he would have had another fight ever if that hadn't of happened. It sucks he didn't put up more of a fight but he's effectively got a stupid amount of money just to get punched a few times. I doubt Harrison cared too much about the title, that sorta cash for someone with little fight left in him is massive!

Hayemaker productions never should have let this fight take place, if it was an attempt to scare the Klitschko's it won't have worked, otherwise he's stalling to fight them or is just wanting the money.

Does Haye want to fight me? I'd happily get punched in the head for a million quid! :D[/quote']

Again, don't agree. This was a good fight for Haye. It got him HUGE media attention and another notch to his ringpost (see what I did there?). He needs to build his reputation and prove that he is a worthy world champion before taking on the Russians, and he helped that tonight.

Harrison you big great lump you owe me 20 quid.....:P' date='

Anyway ill stay up for the pacquiao fight, hopefully it makes up for the drab contest ive just witnessd.[/quote']

You bet on Harrison? Fool.

Oh well, glad I didn't pay for it...

Don't agree. If Harrison had come out flailing' date=' he would have lost even sooner. He just couldn't react when the going got tough.[/quote']

It was always going to be 3 rounds though, wasn't it? ;) As Haye said he and his family bet a lot of money that it would be and he didn't want to disappoint lol Of course Harrison was always going to get outclassed in this fight, but I feel many people feel he could have gave it a better shot.... 1 punch in 2 and a half rounds is never going to get you anywhere, its inevitable you'll get beat. I can see what Harrisons plan was, (try to tire Haye and then hit him with that left hook in the dying rounds) but it was never the right strategy. Anyway, I'm sure Harrison will soon get over it when hes rolling around in his millions tomorrow....

Stayed up for the pacman fight but its just taking wayyyy too long and I'm wrecked so I'll just record it and watch it tomorrow. Should be good.

Noticed that nobody has posted on this thread for a long while, so thought i would see if it could be revived!

Would like to give full respect to Matthew Hatton for his brave performance on Sun morning against Saul Alvarez. From the minute the fight was announced, he was fighting against the odds. He had to fight at a higher weight class than he ever has before and go to America to fight in a hostile atmosphere. Also throw into the mix the fact that Alvarez didnt make the weight agreed (Hatton agreed to allow the fight to go on anyway), means he was giving away even more of a weight difference on the night.

I thought he aquitted himself very well and stepped up a couple of levels from what i have seen from him at any point in his career to date. While it was clear he was never going to win the fight, he was also never out of the contest, giving almost as good as he got and catching Alvarez with some very good combinations and showing bravery, guts and defiance. He just didnt have the power to trouble or discourage Alvarez from coming forward.

With that performance, i am sure his stock will have risen in over here and in America and he will hopefully get some more high profile fights back in the welterweight division.

Also glad to see that Haye v Klitschko finally seems to be on. Well done to Haye for being big enough to concede some ground to make the fight happen. He obviously fancies his chances of knocking out the younger brother (who has been ko'd several times before), hopefully his speed and movement will be enough to get him past Klitschko's Jab and physical advantages to enable him to utilise the power he has and land some bombs. Guessing he thinks Vladimir is the more winnable fight, as Vitali does not get stopped very easily (Lennox Lewis could only stop him on cuts) but hopefully age will catch up with Vitali (who has a tough-ish fight against unbeaten Cuban Solis in a few weeks time) and that fight will happen later in the year if he beats Vladimir.

Vitali Klitschko retained his WBC heavyweight title by knocking out former Olympic champion Odlanier Solis in the first round.

Hey the real showdown is Pacman vs Mayweather-well it seems that won't happen..

Anyway Vitali and his bro is gonna dominate for a bit..

Tough one really' date=' his left leg totally went but still very dodgy[/quote']

I know the temple is the worst place to get hit but it wasn't really a hard punch,he stood up for two seconds seemed fine and then went down afterwards,seems dodgy to me I have to say.

Disapointing, Solis had it in him to give Vitali kittens tonight.

Whats your call for Degale vs Groves?

Im going for Groves. Hits harder, throws faster with punches in bunches. Degale imo, looks very ordinary with an extra-ordinary mouth

Anybody watch the Khan vs. McCloskey fight last night? Tbh bit of a joke, stopped in the 6th round due to a cut above McCloskeys eye after an accidental clash of heads... It wasn't even that bad at all. Khan won 60-54 which was right at the time, but at the same time he looked liked he was starting to tire and really got no great shots on McCloskey and won the rounds because he was doing more..... There was definitely more to come in that fight for sure.

Afterwards, there was a lot of tention between the 2 camps and you can understand why so! Truly there should be a rematch but there won't be. Used to have time for Khan but hes well up himself now and think McCloskey summed him up well saying he was good, but not that good. Really hope Bradley does him over in a few months!!

Which is why he doesn't want a rematch eh? He knows McCloskey is a threat, lets face it Khan only won the rounds because he was doing more. Can't remember any really decent punch that he landed. Its still a farce, hopefully the WBA serve justice.

Which is why he doesn't want a rematch eh? He knows McCloskey is a threat' date=' lets face it Khan only won the rounds because he was doing more. Can't remember any really decent punch that he landed. Its still a farce, hopefully the WBA serve justice.[/quote']

Why would he want to fight McCloskey again ? He isnt a box office fighter, he won all the rounds, although nothing spectacular. He wont fight again in the UK for a while due to the fallout with sky and Khan V McCloskey wouldnt be big in the US.... ON the other hand, Bradley V Khan is a super fight.

After that he will probably move up to 147 , and face Victor Ortitz imo ( a golden boy fighter )

Why would he want to fight McCloskey again ? He isnt a box office fighter' date=' he won all the rounds, although nothing spectacular. He wont fight again in the UK for a while due to the fallout with sky and Khan V McCloskey wouldnt be big in the US.... ON the other hand, Bradley V Khan is a super fight.

After that he will probably move up to 147 , and face Victor Ortitz imo ( a golden boy fighter )[/quote']

Couldnt agree with this more, why on Earth would Khan want to fight Mccloskey again??

A threat?? Do me a favour, I am not a Khan fan (just never took to him) but he was winning the fight at a canter. Mccloskey barely landed a blow, Khan was far from his best but he is in a different League to Mccloskey.

Mccloskey is a name that means nothing in the US, Khan has served his apprenticeship and is on a different level. The fight with Bradley is almost a shoo-in and that will be a tough nights work as Bradley is a seriously underrated fighter and does not get the recognition he deserves.

Win or lose Khan will be moving up afterwards and there are some potentially superb fights at 147lb