Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Re: David Haye VS Valuev

Ahh i didn't realise there was much of a boxing following on here. Nice to know :D

Haye SHOULD walk it to be honest. Valuev is very slow and for a guy of his size, he's not a massive puncher. The one guy he's lost to (Chagaev) is a fairly small guy and actually smaller than Haye so don't let the size difference fool you.

Haye is one of the hardest punchers in world boxing and compared to Valuev he'll look like he's got the hand speed of Pacman aswell.

If Valuev goes down he won't get back up, the sheer size of the man and the force he'd hit the mat with would take any wind out of him. He's never really fought anyone of quality to be honest and Haye should take him out in a few rounds to be honest. Although Haye finishes things quick usually, don't let that fool you, he could still go the 12 rounds and will outlast Valuev if needed.

Don't expect it to go past 3 rounds to be honest.

Anyway unless Haye cleans up the heavyweight division, it's a very stale division because the Klitschko's won't fight each other.

I much prefer the Welters. Mayweather was fantastic at the weekend and i predicted it beforehand aswell saying it'd be similar to his fight with Gatti.

If he fights Mosley it'll be a similar result aswell. Bring on Floyd v Manny ... I cannot even begin to start predicting that to be honest. Floyds the best counter puncher in the world but how do you counter hands as quick as Manny?

EDIT: Klitshcko v Arreola this weekend aswell, should be a decent fight, Chris is a quality boxer aswell should be interesting.

Haye will win, and rather easily in my opinion. Valuev is nowhere near quick enough with his feet or his hands to land on Haye. Haye's also carried his genuine KO power up to the heavyweight division with him. Put that together with the sheer speed advantage that Haye will hold over Valuev then me thinks Valuev will get hit an awful lot and will probably end up a bloody loser, probably by mid-late round TKO.

guys im not sure it's as easy as you make it out to be for haye, certainly i dont think it will be a 3/4th round knockout.

fighters like valuev simply dont get knocked out that easily, even if haye is a tremendous puncher. valuev is different from most heavyweight boxers in that his head is disproportionately large. it might be easy targe to hit, but it's also extremely difficult to hurt the guy. given the size of his head, his cheek and jaw bones are probably twice as thick and twice as strong as that of a normal human being. i watched a few fights on youtube, he can pretty much absorbed everything

if haye does well, he might be able to outscore valuev, but i kind of doubt there will be a knockout, not from haye anyway. too many ppl are making out valuev as some kind of skilless bum who relies on sheer size to win. i had a look at his record, 50-1-1, this is definitely not a easy fight for haye,

guys im not sure it's as easy as you make it out to be for haye' date=' certainly i dont think it will be a 3/4th round knockout.

fighters like valuev simply dont get knocked out that easily, even if haye is a tremendous puncher. valuev is different from most heavyweight boxers in that his head is disproportionately large. it might be easy targe to hit, but it's also extremely difficult to hurt the guy. given the size of his head, his cheek and jaw bones are probably twice as thick and twice as strong as that of a normal human being. i watched a few fights on youtube, he can pretty much absorbed everything

if haye does well, he might be able to outscore valuev, but i kind of doubt there will be a knockout, not from haye anyway. too many ppl are making out valuev as some kind of skilless bum who relies on sheer size to win. i had a look at his record, 50-1-1, this is definitely not a easy fight for haye,[/quote']

I agree, he is a monster and can take a punch, im pretty sure he has never been knocked out, maybe even never knocked down to the canvas Infact im border line certain, please tell me if im wrong. I think it will probably be a points win, if it is a knock out and Haye dodges Valuevs mahoosive fists, i reckon it will be in the latter stages when his CV has given up, he is feeling tired, nauseas and is getting repeatedly hit with the hayemaker :D

I agree' date=' he is a monster and can take a punch, im pretty sure he has never been knocked out. Infact im border line certain, please tell me if im wrong. I think it will probably be a points win, if it is a knock out and Haye dodges Valuevs mahoosive fists, i reckon it will be in the latter stages when his CV has given up, he is feeling tired, nauseas and is getting repeatedly hit with the hayemaker :D[/quote']

You are right adamaki he has never been knocked out, only lost once to chagaev, so he is a pretty impressive specimen :P i think haye might just win this on a majority decision , however if valuev lands that could be the end!

I agree' date=' he is a monster and can take a punch, im pretty sure he has never been knocked out, maybe even never knocked down to the canvas Infact im border line certain, please tell me if im wrong. I think it will probably be a points win, if it is a knock out and Haye dodges [b']Valuevs mahoosive fists[/b], i reckon it will be in the latter stages when his CV has given up, he is feeling tired, nauseas and is getting repeatedly hit with the hayemaker :D

yeah given the size of his arm and fists, each of his jabs probably hurt as much as the average's middleweight's straight right..

valuev didnt look too clever against holyfield, but i certainly dont think it will be as easy for haye as some on here make it out to be... i havent seen much of haye tbh but i hear he is a big puncher... but valuev is something else, i think haye is in for quite an experience....

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

Valuev's never been knocked down but in all honesty he's never been up against anyone of real note. Holyfield was long past it and should have never took the fight but even Holyfield pushed him to a points win.

If you look at his record, alot of the people he's fought in recent years have quality records but i guarantee only a few boxing enthusiasts will have heard of most of them.

The way for Haye to take Valuev out is not to start reaching for his monsterous head and go head hunting but to land some massive shots to the body. The body shots will take a serious effect on a man of Valuevs size, he's not exactly ripped either.

Just to point out by the way i'm a boxing fan as opposed to being a Haye or Valuev fan so my opinion is impartial.

Valuev is fantastic at going the 12 rounds but starts to get tired. The way he goes 12 rounds alot makes you wonder about his punch power and for a man of his size, punch power is the one thing you need.

The one opponent they've shared is Monte Barrett who Valuev TKO'd in 11 and Haye KO'd in 5.

Valuevs best shot at beating Haye is if Haye (like previously said) starts head hunting and Valuev catches him with a few shots. But if Haye goes to the body alot and does it early, taking his wind out of him, i cannot see it lasting 12 rounds.

Oh and by the way, the ONLY way this will go 12 rounds is if Valuev wins. If Haye wins he certainly won't do it on points.

Valuev's never been knocked down but in all honesty he's never been up against anyone of real note. Holyfield was long past it and should have never took the fight but even Holyfield pushed him to a points win.

If you look at his record' date=' alot of the people he's fought in recent years have quality records but i guarantee only a few boxing enthusiasts will have heard of most of them.

The way for Haye to take Valuev out is not to start reaching for his monsterous head and go head hunting but to land some massive shots to the body. The body shots will take a serious effect on a man of Valuevs size, he's not exactly ripped either.

Just to point out by the way i'm a boxing fan as opposed to being a Haye or Valuev fan so my opinion is impartial.

Valuev is fantastic at going the 12 rounds but starts to get tired. The way he goes 12 rounds alot makes you wonder about his punch power and for a man of his size, punch power is the one thing you need.

The one opponent they've shared is Monte Barrett who Valuev TKO'd in 11 and Haye KO'd in 5.

Valuevs best shot at beating Haye is if Haye (like previously said) starts head hunting and Valuev catches him with a few shots. But if Haye goes to the body alot and does it early, taking his wind out of him, i cannot see it lasting 12 rounds.

Oh and by the way, the ONLY way this will go 12 rounds is if Valuev wins. If Haye wins he certainly won't do it on points.[/quote']

Your right with most of the things you have said there mate IMO , although valuev haunt beaten many of his previous opponents by knockout, he does in fact have 34 KO's to his name(all be it against lesser opponents!) ... i also don't think the fact that Haye knocked Barret out quicker than Valuev did proves anything .... It will be however a huge fight !

P.S dont forget about prizefighter lads !!!! Decent line up :)

Haye has the talent to knock this guy out with one of hus "super punches" but its easier said than done as Valuev is well over 7ft and over 21stone compared to Hayes 15stone. Im a massive Haye fan so i strongly believe he will win. I also agree with you guys saying that if Valuev was to win it would be by points. Valuev is good but hes no great and his height has been a major advantage over his opponants. N e ways the Hayemaker will win :)

Audley's not a top bloke at all, he's a deluded waster.

He spouted all that rubbish about Frank Warren and the BBC and when in fact the only person he's got to blame for his career flopping is himself.

He spouted all that rubbish about how Britain is constitutionally racist and doesn't mind seeing a black man do well in sport but doesn't like seeing a black man do well in business. Lennox Lewis promoted his own fights towards the end of his career and did it well to.

He's deluded and will never even be the best heavyweight in Britain nevermind a World Champion.

Audley's not a top bloke at all' date=' he's a deluded waster.

He spouted all that rubbish about Frank Warren and the BBC and when in fact the only person he's got to blame for his career flopping is himself.

He spouted all that rubbish about how Britain is constitutionally racist and doesn't mind seeing a black man do well in sport but doesn't like seeing a black man do well in business. Lennox Lewis promoted his own fights towards the end of his career and did it well to.

He's deluded and will never even be the best heavyweight in Britain nevermind a World Champion.[/quote']

completely agree.

his fighting style is so boring and pap its untrue, pap not being my ideal choice of word !

completely agree.

his fighting style is so boring and pap its untrue' date=' pap not being my ideal choice of word ![/quote']

He fights like Wlad Klitschko, Jab, Jab Jab, Jab, Jab.

Except he's nowhere near as good at it as Wlad. The fact he struggled against his opposition in that tournament says it all. The way he looks like he just dropped one in his pants everytime a guy comes towards him is laughable. He's so scared of getting hit it's embarrassing. It's even more embarrassing when you consider the size and physique of the guy aswell.

He fights like Wlad Klitschko' date=' Jab, Jab Jab, Jab, Jab.

Except he's nowhere near as good at it as Wlad. The fact he struggled against his opposition in that tournament says it all. The way he looks like he just dropped one in his pants everytime a guy comes towards him is laughable. He's so scared of getting hit it's embarrassing. It's even more embarrassing when you consider the size and physique of the guy aswell.[/quote']

YES i agree he is an awful boxer and is deluded , however his interview after the tournament showed real class, dedicating the trophy to Sprott and his family , now even though i dont rate him as a boxer, that was a nice gesture !

On another note , Khan confirms he will Fight Salita next

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_5613995,00.html

And i will be there:D:D:D

If you look at his record' date=' alot of the people he's fought in recent years have quality records but i guarantee only a few boxing enthusiasts will have heard of most of them.

Oh and by the way, the ONLY way this will go 12 rounds is if Valuev wins. If Haye wins he certainly won't do it on points.[/quote']

holyfield pushed him?? it was the biggest robbery ive ever seen holyfield won hands down

I've got a few bob on Haye. Is that right thats it on at 8pm over here? Bit of a snub from the US audience for a heavyweight title fight. Anyone paying for it? If not and somebody manages to find a working stream links would be appreciated. ;)

I've got a few bob on Haye. Is that right thats it on at 8pm over here? Bit of a snub from the US audience for a heavyweight title fight. Anyone paying for it? If not and somebody manages to find a working stream links would be appreciated. ;)

Coverage starts at 8 mate , Haye fight due to start at 9.45pm ( U.K)

Coverage starts at 8 mate ' date=' Haye fight due to start at 9.45pm ( U.K)[/quote']

Ta. Seems to be a lack of interest over the pond then. I know it's two Europeans but it's a heavyweight title fight. Goes to show how stale the division is right now I suppose.

I think the PPV starts at 8, with the fight kicking off at 9, but I could be mistaken. I think me and the lads might shell out for it, but it's a bit rubbish that you don't get an undercard (I imagine - can't see a fight and the pre-fight hype coming inside an hour). In a way, it's good because you get down to the nitty-gritty straight away, but, on the other hand, you not paying for much, are you? Especially if it's a quick knock-out.

I'm worried for Haye to be honest. I think he's got a good chance and he's good enough to beat Valuev, but I don't think Haye's chin will be able to take a lot from those booming paws of the giant Russian.

I think the PPV starts at 8' date=' with the fight kicking off at 9, but I could be mistaken. I think me and the lads might shell out for it, but it's a bit rubbish that you don't get an undercard (I imagine - can't see a fight and the pre-fight hype coming inside an hour). In a way, it's good because you get down to the nitty-gritty straight away, but, on the other hand, you not paying for much, are you? Especially if it's a quick knock-out.

I'm worried for Haye to be honest. I think he's got a good chance and he's good enough to beat Valuev, but I don't think Haye's chin will be able to take a lot from those booming paws of the giant Russian.[/quote']

Thats the big worry isn't it, he's not really been tested in that respect yet. You also question just how well he'll have to box to beat Valuev. I get the feeling that with it being in Germany he's really going to have to outclass him to get a points decision if he can't knock him out.