The Official Boxing Thread

Magic J

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

Sorry just seen this now' date=' im guessing you have read about it now?

Booth is still grooves manager and trainer, but frank is promoting him.[/quote']

That's ok up to date now!

Cleverly v belluw on now I personly think cleverly will destroy him winner to fight Hopkins possibly

That's ok up to date now!

Cleverly v belluw on now I personly think cleverly will destroy him winner to fight Hopkins possibly

Fancy Clev inside 6 rounds, just a much better fighter imo. Not sure the winner will fight b hop, just think he is looking at the bigger American names. Although someone like a Jean pascal or Cloud would be a good match up. Hopkins would have far too much for either clev or bellew for me ( although i think he will lose in his next fight to Dawson)

I think Bad chad will beat Hopkins too.

He's alot more of a technician than bhops last few opponents. Its amazing what bhop has done but I think a fighter like Dawson is the wrong matchup for him.

Cleverly should beat Bellew but Bellew has a punchers chance and weve not really seen clev in a war yet.

However you know aswell as me mousey, never write the old man off:p

Clev vs Bellew will be a decent domestic tear up imo, nice to see some good fights on normal sky! Seen as though they are no longer going to do ppv shows.

I heard that mayweather vs ortiz is on primetime, does anyone have any information on this? Id be disappointed as i would definitely have to buy it.

What a brilliant fight!!

Mcdonnell V Stewie Hall brilliant action, Mcdonnell fitness/work-rate the difference in the end, but that's what I call a proper fight. My missus was in danger of having a heart attack the way she was shouting Mcdonnell on :P

Great Battle but Mcdonnell by 4 for me

iye, if theres one thing ive learnt from watching boxing its never write off Bernard Hopkins.

Didnt get to watch the Macdonall fight, should get chance in the next few days.

Its going to be painful watching one of my favourite fighters in JMM get beat up by Pacquiao.

I personally thought he won their second fight but this fight imo is only going one way.

Its being fought at a higher weight which suits Pacmans frame but as we saw against Floyd, Jmm is painfully slow at this sort of weight.

He has gone down a level since their previous meeting where as Manny has elevated his game.

Having said that, i'll be watching to see if the old boy can pull off the upset.

OMG' date=' thats a really dangerous fight for Khan. :rolleyes:

Yeh i will be too.[/quote']

Only reason id want Floyd to win is in the vain hope of ever seeing Mayweather V Pacquaio although been saying that for 3years.

Anyway when people were talking of the big fight tonight I thought you were all talking about Tyson Fury ;):P

Im just a huge Floyd fan:p. Unfortunately wont be buying the fight tonight' date=' as i have work tomorrow, so i wont be staying up till 4! I will be watching the fury fight though ;)[/quote']

Yeah i will also be tuning into the Fury fight tonight, hopefully this bout is as entertaining as his last one against Chisora!

i sit through endless ammounts of ******** TV.

I sit with my girlfriend when GLee is on.

I have previously endured The only way is Essex but not tonight, tonight we have live boxing on normal TV.

Wait, no we havnt. Why? Because channel 5 are broadcasting it. :mad::mad::mad:

Ive been watching this blank screen for 5 minutes now and the action is terrible. :D

Absolute joke channel 5.

:). Me? Cynical of Khan? Never.

I may have posted it on here but ive been saying he'll pick a guy like Petersen to fight for a while now. B)

Its almost on the same level as that tomato can he first defended the belt against.

Peterson is a similar type of fighter to Kotelnyk, Malignaggi, Mccloskey, Salita in that none of them could crack an egg with their punches. :mad:

How long is Mathysse out for? I guess golden boy lost his number. :)

:). Me? Cynical of Khan? Never.

I may have posted it on here but ive been saying he'll pick a guy like Petersen to fight for a while now. B)

Its almost on the same level as that tomato can he first defended the belt against.

Peterson is a similar type of fighter to Kotelnyk' date=' Malignaggi, Mccloskey, Salita in that none of them could crack an egg with their punches. :mad:

How long is Mathysse out for? I guess golden boy lost his number. :)[/quote']

Erm Matthysse only had a viral infection so he should be available whenever:p.

Peterson is Khans mandatory for the IBF belt, not that this really matters though, considering Khan will be moving up in weight soon enough. I dont mind this matchup, Peterson drew with Ortitz despite being on the floor twice. His only defeat was too Timothey Bradley, in a competitive decision loss!

Who would you have liked to have seen Khan face Mousey? Matthyse?