Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

I think the PPV starts at 8' date=' with the fight kicking off at 9, but I could be mistaken. I think me and the lads might shell out for it, but it's a bit rubbish that you don't get an undercard (I imagine - can't see a fight and the pre-fight hype coming inside an hour). In a way, it's good because you get down to the nitty-gritty straight away, but, on the other hand, you not paying for much, are you? Especially if it's a quick knock-out.

I'm worried for Haye to be honest. I think he's got a good chance and he's good enough to beat Valuev, but I don't think Haye's chin will be able to take a lot from those booming paws of the giant Russian.[/quote']

I agree with most of the things you have said there , got to remember a 46 year old hollyfield gave valuev a real good go ( and in many people's eyes won), with regards to the undercard situation i dont think we will get to see any, unless they show a few after the Haye right, i for one prefer the build up to the fight over watching the undercards.

Thats the big worry isn't it' date=' he's not really been tested in that respect yet. You also question just how well he'll have to box to beat Valuev. I get the feeling that with it being in Germany he's really going to have to outclass him to get a points decision if he can't knock him out.[/quote']
I agree with most of the things you have said there ' date=' got to remember a 46 year old hollyfield gave valuev a real good go ( and in many people's eyes won), with regards to the undercard situation i dont think we will get to see any, unless they show a few after the Haye right, [b']i for one prefer the build up to the fight over watching the undercards.[/b]

True, but I quite like to see a couple of fights on the undercard to go alongside the build-up to the main event.

And the Holyfield factor is the thing that really confuses me over who I thinks going to win. If an old man such as Holyfield can push Valuev all the way, then surely the speed of Haye will be equally effective, if not more so. It's a really hard one to call, and I guess that's why I'm looking forward to it so much!

True' date=' but I quite like to see a couple of fights on the undercard to go alongside the build-up to the main event.

And the Holyfield factor is the thing that really confuses me over who I thinks going to win. If an old man such as Holyfield can push Valuev all the way, then surely the speed of Haye will be equally effective, if not more so. It's a really hard one to call, and I guess that's why I'm looking forward to it so much![/quote']

Indeed , i feel it is a very interesting match up .... just a taster for me though, looking forward to cotto vs pacman next week, now that is a superfight:D

will be watching both :D !

Im looking forward to this, i just hope Haye wins, as he hasnt only just done the usual talking, he has ripped him to shreds ! :eek:

Valuev is a freak of nature, have you seen the size of the guys head ? how do you knock him out :eek::eek: its just gonna have to be a flurry of quick strong punches, not a chance one punch can knock him out. surely ?

Guys any of you interested in UFC ? there is a thread on the forum . . so check it out, just thought id ask :o

Indeed ' date=' i feel it is a very interesting match up .... just a taster for me though, looking forward to cotto vs pacman next week, now that is a superfight:D[/quote']

**** right! Gotta go for Pacman with that one. I have too much respect for him after he killed Hatton earlier this year.

Speaking of which, for anyone who's interested, Hatton is to be the guest host of WWE Monday Night Raw next week when HHH and co. visit England, and, more specifically, Sheffield! Lol, should be interesting. Ricky's gotta get involved! :D

yer got to for pacman surely:p then hopefully pacman vs mayweather, and judging by my sig we no who i would be supporting ( manny has stated that a fight with floyd would not happen).. Also unfortunately adamski i cant stand UFC:)

Below is a cracking article by adam smith on the haye right, check it out ;)

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,13841_5676281,00.html

Haye will absoutely crush Valuev,Sure Valuev is big and Haye cant take a punch but to be honest Valuev cant really throw one if im honest,Holyfield who was Valuevs last fight outclassed him and he is 46 and has not really been a good fight for about 10 years now,Valuev could not deal with Holyfields lateral movement so how he will deal with Hayes is beyond me,Holyfield got completely robbed and even the pro german crowd were all booing the decision that he got and it was probably one of the biggest robberys ever,Valuev may have a good record but most of his fights are fixed for him and thats why he fights in Germany instead of Russia because they are usually fixed when they fight in Germany,I have a feeling it will be hard to knock Valuev out as he has got a good chin and because of the sheer size of him,So i am going to go with this one been stopped via cuts or a late KO stoppage to Haye.

If i could bet i would be betting on Haye as he will win unless it goes to a decision

Much as I would like to see Haye win, my £20 is on Valuev.

Anyone who thinks he will be knocking the big fella out needs to think again - a guy who can have 50 fights in the biggest division without even being knocked down isn't getting knocked out by a blown up cruiserweight. One of the reasons is simply the mechanics of puching upwards to that sort of height - it's difficult to get much angle on your punches, so rules out a KO from a right hook. You can only hit him hard with an uppercut (which will be extended beyond it's sweet-spot) or a straight right, which Valuev can usually block with his guard.

Haye does, though, have the speed to cause Valuev problems and if he can keep up a good pace for 12 rounds he could "win" the fight in the eyes of the observer, but the problem is that he will need to annihilate Valuev for at least 10 rounds to get a decision against the home fighter in Germany; it just doesn't happen.

The other problem is that haye, despite always looking cut and in good shape, has stamina problems. He can only keep up an output of 30-35 punches per round if he is to make the distance, and this probably won't be enough to get the decision on the scorecards.

Watching the weigh in just there I noticed that haye looked like he was ready to go there and then whereas valuev looked dosile, I cant help but to think that Haye is now looking stronger than ever and with his combined speed and weight (power) increase Valuev has to hope he lands a haymaker :P and knocks Haye out before Haye picks up some momentum and lands punch after punch.

All in all I think it is going to be a close fight but I think Haye will as he is going to be hard to hit!

They mis calculated Hayes weight, its 15 stone , 7 pounds. The gap is 7 stone, but whats another stone on top of 6 stone lol :eek:

Haye is ripped, and is a true athlete, Valuev is a freak of nature, and as horrible as it is to say, one of lifes anomolies. He isnt a athlete, he is one lucky man.

They mis calculated Hayes weight' date=' its 15 stone , 7 pounds. The gap is 7 stone, but whats another stone on top of 6 stone lol :eek:

Haye is ripped, and is a true athlete, Valuev is a freak of nature, and as horrible as it is to say, one of lifes anomolies. He isnt a athlete, he is one lucky man.[/quote']

i agree, he doesnt derserve to be world heavywieght champion if he wins:)

Yer bro' date=' between 9.30-10 its expected to start.[/quote']

So 9.30 our time is 10.30 on that site yeah?.

And dai you cant cheer on Valuev.David Haye is britains only hope of a Heavyweight Champion in at least the next 5 years there is no other world class heavys or any potential world class heavys in the uk right now.:(

So 9.30 our time is 10.30 on that site yeah?.

And dai you cant cheer on Valuev.David Haye is britains only hope of a Heavyweight Champion in at least the next 5 years there is no other world class heavys or any potential world class heavys in the uk right now.:(

I'm Welsh, not British. Why do I care if Haye is the UK's only chance. He's arrogant and talks down to people... Typical Englishman... Hope he gets his face smashed in. :)

I'm Welsh' date=' not British. Why do I care if Haye is the UK's only chance. He's arrogant and talks down to people... Typical Englishman... Hope he gets his face smashed in. :)[/quote']

Im welsh/british aswell dai.Hayes arrogance is whats good about him he has got a personality unlike the former Soviet Union robots that have been dominating the heavyweight division since Lennox Lewis retired he will bring much needed excitement back to the division.

Im welsh/british aswell dai.Hayes arrogance is whats good about him he has got a personality unlike the former Soviet Union robots that have been dominating the heavyweight division since Lennox Lewis retired he will bring much needed excitement back to the division.

Meh...

I prefer to support Soviets than English!;)

Dai Newcastle United are a english club so you support the english every day of your life.:P

Have you seen the state of the Welsh League's? WHo on earth would support them? I have to follow something English, its impossible not to.