Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

P'd off now. I can't stand Haye, one of the most hateful people :mad:

Unlucky Valuev

Dvid Haye clearly won the fight IMO, he adopted the correct tactics, I am not sure what people expect him to do against a guy 7stones heavier and of that height, to get involved in a war would have been to adopt a fight he clearly could not win.

Hit and move, hit and move he done it well fair enough maybe not the number of shots you might have hoped but then he was making Valuev miss all the time and retort back with a couple of flash combnations then move away again. I was mightily impressed by his gameplan and the discipline he showed to execute that plan. All the questions aout Haye's durability, stamina and punchpower at heavyweight level have been answered if he can wobble Valuev he can knock any of the other heavyweights out.

The heavyweight scene is pretty poor and I really think Haye is the breath of fresh air needed to reignite the division, he has the moves, the power, the look,t talk everything eded to be a real world star and I think the Americans will love him and his attitude.

To all those slagging Haye i can tell you I have met the guy a couple of times and he is a top top guy very polite, articulate and found the time to chat to many of his fans, was a pleasure to share his company even if just for a small time and he is far from the big-time charlie many on this thread seem to wanna pin on him. What he does pre-fight is for one reason and one reason only and that is to sell tickets and he des it better than nearly everybody else, you have to differentiate between that and the real David Haye.

David Haye World Champion-well deserved and couldnt happen to a more genuine, nicer person...well done David everyone in Britain (well at least England) is proud of you.

Dvid Haye clearly won the fight IMO' date=' he adopted the correct tactics, I am not sure what people expect him to do against a guy 7stones heavier and of that height, to get involved in a war would have been to adopt a fight he clearly could not win.

Hit and move, hit and move he done it well fair enough maybe not the number of shots you might have hoped but then he was making Valuev miss all the time and retort back with a couple of flash combnations then move away again. I was mightily impressed by his gameplan and the discipline he showed to execute that plan. All the questions aout Haye's durability, stamina and punchpower at heavyweight level have been answered if he can wobble Valuev he can knock any of the other heavyweights out.

The heavyweight scene is pretty poor and I really think Haye is the breath of fresh air needed to reignite the division, he has the moves, the power, the look,t talk everything eded to be a real world star and I think the Americans will love him and his attitude.

To all those slagging Haye i can tell you I have met the guy a couple of times and he is a top top guy very polite, articulate and found the time to chat to many of his fans, was a pleasure to share his company even if just for a small time and he is far from the big-time charlie many on this thread seem to wanna pin on him. What he does pre-fight is for one reason and one reason only and that is to sell tickets and he des it better than nearly everybody else, you have to differentiate between that and the real David Haye.

David Haye World Champion-well deserved and couldnt happen to a more genuine, nicer person...well done David everyone in Britain (well at least England) is proud of you.[/quote']

Your spot on there my friend, everyone does it to sell tickets, its a FACT. hes a top bloke and a very good fighter, dont get me wrong though, there are bigger fights to come. Againts the klitchkso's ( if they ever happen)

I'm Welsh' date=' not British. Why do I care if Haye is the UK's only chance. He's arrogant and talks down to people... Typical Englishman... Hope he gets his face smashed in. :)[/quote']

Dai, I respect you as a forumer, but what you say here is very ignorant. I can fully understand why you might dislike or not not want to root for Haye due to his English roots and your intense rivalry being a Welshman, but I'd challenge you to you to talk of many boxers who aren't arrogant, at least in front of the media. That is what boxers are like. They talk themselves up. They put their opposition down. They overexaggerate and create drama to attract the public to their upcoming fight. It is all an act, and if you can't see that, then I can't argue with you.

As for the fight, I am shocked that Haye won. Pleasantly surprised, for sure, but shocked all the same. Personally, although I think that he executed an excellent and sensible gameplan, I didn't think that he did enough to win the fight. Particularly with the fight being in Germany, and more importantly, with Valuev being the champ, I thought the judges would have given Valuev more of the benefit of the doubt in the tight rounds, of which there were a lot. Having said that, Haye always looked the more pro-active fighter and the more likely to connect a good punch. Valuev looked slow and sluggish for the entirety of the 12 rounds and didn't really deserve to win the fight. The question remains, however, did he really deserve to lose? I'm not overly convinced, despite my joy at Haye winning.

Dai' date=' I respect you as a forumer, but what you say here is very ignorant. I can fully understand why you might dislike or not not want to root for Haye due to his English roots and your intense rivalry being a Welshman, but I'd challenge you to you to talk of many boxers who aren't arrogant, at least in front of the media. That is what boxers are like. They talk themselves up. They put their opposition down. They overexaggerate and create drama to attract the public to their upcoming fight. It is all an act, and if you can't see that, then I can't argue with you.

As for the fight, I am shocked that Haye won. Pleasantly surprised, for sure, but shocked all the same. Personally, although I think that he executed an excellent and sensible gameplan, I didn't think that he did enough to win the fight. Particularly with the fight being in Germany, and more importantly, with Valuev being the champ, I thought the judges would have given Valuev more of the benefit of the doubt in the tight rounds, of which there were a lot. Having said that, Haye always looked the more pro-active fighter and the more likely to connect a good punch. Valuev looked slow and sluggish for the entirety of the 12 rounds and didn't really deserve to win the fight. The question remains, however, did he really deserve to lose? I'm not overly convinced, despite my joy at Haye winning.[/quote']

Completely agree with your assesment of the fight AndyOwls, However the boxing event of the year is on tonight and it is Pacman vs Cotto,I am completely undecided as to how this fight will pan out and would not be suprised by any result,Cotto has the speed to deal with Manny and is not your straight out slugger like Hatton or De La Hoya and can box as well,However due to been a slugger and his speed he can compete in close with Manny so he cannot just simply get in and get out like he did against De La Hoya,Cotto can also trap him into the corners and relentlessy throw to the body and that left hook could easily crush Manny and can he take a punch at this level as that is one of the unknowns,Also unlike Hatton and De La Hoya he has fought a speedy guy and overcome him in the form of Shane Mosley and his speed and boxing ability is seriously underestimated by most.

However Manny has many numerous advantages as well as he is easily the quickest attacking boxer in the world and Cotto does not like relentless pressure as the Margarito fight showed and that is something Manny can apply,Also Cotto cuts easily and he may not have to knock Cotto out to get a win if he connects with several combinations then Cotto could easily cut and the fight is over,He also has the advantage of Cotto not been mentally what he was before the Margarito fight and seems to have several self doubts about himself,Cotto has lacked the fearless confidence he had before the Margarito fight and if he lost to Margarito(even though he cheated) then it begs the question does he really have the confidence to go ahead and beat Manny Pacqauio,Also Manny has the best trainer in boxing in Freddie Roach and has probably devised a gameplan for Cotto whereas Cotto who fell out with his Uncle now has a completely new and inexperienced corner.

So many questions and variables but i do not think Manny will win early and Roach knows that because he is not making these predictions like he did with Hatton,I think Cotto will win by TKO in round 10 or Pacman by decision,However if there is any other outcome i wont be suprised

Fight of the year : Pacman Vs Cotto

Im going to go for a pacman win by tko in either the first or 7th or 8th round.Having said that, Cotto is a fantastic fighter and should not be underestimated, he is a class, He is the biggest puncher pacquaio has ever faced, and that left hook of Cotto is one of the best in boxing, if Cotto lands, what will happen? Who knows.

But because cotto is traditionally a slow started, i wouldn't be surprised if pacman stopped him really early, alternatively if cotto stopped pacman i wouldnt be surprised neither. Basically its impossible to call:p, all i will say is, tune in guys!!

Fight of the year : Pacman Vs Cotto

Im going to go for a pacman win by tko in either the first or 7th or 8th round.Having said that' date=' Cotto is a fantastic fighter and should not be underestimated, he is a class, He is the biggest puncher pacquaio has ever faced, and that left hook of Cotto is one of the best in boxing, if Cotto lands, what will happen? Who knows.

But because cotto is traditionally a slow started, i wouldn't be surprised if pacman stopped him really early, alternatively if cotto stopped pacman i wouldnt be surprised neither. Basically its impossible to call:p, all i will say is, tune in guys!![/quote']

I think i will stay up for this one providing im allowed,I seriously look at the two opponents and i cannot see anything other than top class and a memorable fight to look back on,I seriously think this will be better than Morales vs Pacqauio and Morales vs Barrera and i cannot wait.