Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

Think Kovalev will pick up another win tomorrow night. I dont see him in the same talent pool as a Golovkin who he is often compared too but he continues to win.

With the Frampton coverage, it was great to see it back on terrestrial tv. The sport reaches so many more people that way. I didnt like the disrespect shown towards the always classy Quigg at the end. Quigg is a world champion in his own right, yes Rigo owns the super belt but is it Quiggs fault that theres more world championships than you can shake a stick at.

If we want to get really into it and say who is and who isnt the champion of the division then there is only one, Rigondeaux. Wasnt too keen on the claims of Frampton being the best either. If you arent going to prove it by offering to fight Rigo...the only pound for pounder in the division then take his name out of your mouth.

Maybe im being picky, I just think a classy performance could have been met by a classier interview...Mcguigan included.

Jeez,

Boxing is more of a business now than it ever has been :(

That Danny Garcia win, was atrocious. I had Peterson by a couple of rounds.

Alarmingly, I was never in any doubt that Danny Garcia would get the win and that really is worrying.

Both Petersen and Garcia are Al Haymon fighters however, Garcia is the marketable one with the best chance of getting those big fight therefore, Garcia wins.

It stinks, and Boxing despite putting on great fights really has a fight on its hands to remain respected as a sport.

Has the official time been announced for the Mayweather-Pacquaio fight?

I have the lads coming round for a bbq/poker/boxing sesh but if is like 4am I think it will be more like bbq/poker.

Cheers..

EDIT: Finally got round to getting rid of the poll :).

I have the lads coming round for a bbq/poker/boxing sesh but if is like 4am I think it will be more like bbq/poker.

Cheers..

thanks for the invite :rolleyes:

2am I thought but not 100%

thanks for the invite :rolleyes:

2am I thought but not 100%

You are more than welcome if you wanna make the trip to Worcester. There is 12-15 of us so far.

I saw 2am on the showtime ppv website but not sure if this is the fight KO?

Jeez' date='

Boxing is more of a business now than it ever has been :(

That Danny Garcia win, was atrocious. I had Peterson by a couple of rounds.

Alarmingly, I was never in any doubt that Danny Garcia would get the win and that really is worrying.

Both Petersen and Garcia are Al Haymon fighters however, Garcia is the marketable one with the best chance of getting those big fight therefore, Garcia wins.

It stinks, and Boxing despite putting on great fights really has a fight on its hands to remain respected as a sport.[/quote']

Just got round to watching the Lee fight and the Garcia fight. Couldn't of put it better really, Al Haymon seems intent on buying up the whole of the boxing world and owning every top fighter in every weight division. The fact it was at a catch weight and not for all the titles is an even bigger joke.

Cheers..

Not sure if it has been announced but I would be shocked if it went on any earlier than 4am' date=' more likely to be 5am.

Carl Froch is on ITV's Sports stories right now.

Been a really good watch so far, I make no apology for saying of all the British Boxers I have watched Carl is the one I admire the most.

Remarkable fighter.

It was a good watch and I've got nothing but respect for him as a fighter and what he has achieved. I still can't bring myself to like him much though, I don't know if it's because I was a big fan of Calzaghe or something else.

A rematch between Billy Joe Saunders and Chris Eubank JR could well be on the cards...

Both fight on May 9th but the rivalry has fired up once again and insults thrown on twitter and I wouldn't be surprised to see these two go toe to toe again before the year is out.

Paul Smith fighting Andre Ward in Oakland in June.

I expect sadly to see Smith get totally schooled' date=' Andre Ward is more than a few levels above Smith's class.

A rematch between Billy Joe Saunders and Chris Eubank JR could well be on the cards...

Both fight on May 9th but the rivalry has fired up once again and insults thrown on twitter and I wouldn't be surprised to see these two go toe to toe again before the year is out.

Billy Joe is mandatory for Andy Lee's belt he aint gunna risk his spot for that, he already stepped aside to let Lee fight last week, Lee HAS to fight Billy next.

Man is anybody else getting excited about this fight, I am absolutely buzzing for next week!!

Literally can't wait I feel like I am seven years old again waiting to open the best Xmas present I have ever got my Commodore 64 back in my very early days :P

Sky doing a great job with the build up, I just hope it lives up to its billing.

Want Manny to smash him but my head says Mayweather on points.

Man is anybody else getting excited about this fight' date=' I am absolutely buzzing for next week!!

Literally can't wait I feel like I am seven years old again waiting to open the best Xmas present I have ever got my Commodore 64 back in my very early days :P

Sky doing a great job with the build up, I just hope it lives up to its billing.

Want Manny to smash him but my head says Mayweather on points.[/quote']

Yes I am, really can't wait to see it now! When it was announced I was certain that Mayweather was going to win, he wouldn't take a fight he didn't know he could and risk his 100% record.

I've started to get sucked into all the talk coming from Manny supporters now though and I. wondering if Manny could well win with a K.O.

Snap on the Commodore 64 as well, although mine was second hand from my cousin :P

I'm with you Ray & Jamie, buzzing for this now.

Got the lads coming over, 11 of us, FIFA in the day, BBQ and the WBA game, poker, beers, then the boxing - can't wait :).

Really want Manny to win, really really want him to but it's Mayweather in Vegas so I am not sure if I see it happening.

Commodore 64 was amazing, it was my brothers, and then I got an amiga and my life changed haha - lemmings, cannon fodder, monkey island, jimmy whites whirlwind snooker, sensible soccer, the settlers, formula one grand prix, worms, lotus turbo challenge 2, championship manager, PLAYER MANAGER! oh the memories! 'goes on ebay to look for amigas'

HBO showed some amazing insight documentarys this week surrounding their lives, and everything leading up to the fight, the arguements, the lawsuits, the failed negotiations, and eventually that famous night at an NBA game where they for the first time came face to face by accident. Many say if not for this miracle the fight would have never taken place, as the negotiations began that night in Mannys apartment.

I have to go with Floyd to win. Manny oozes confidence in every interview, looking so relaxed almost as if he knows the future, but you just can't bet against an undefeated champion.

I too am super excited for the fight, but haven't got no pay per view sadly and don't want to stream such an event, so will just wait for an HD download a few hours later and will just live in a cave until then :D

I'm with ya boys, it's incredible to see such an event which is going to bring boxing back to the mainstream. I'm having conversations, talking about boxing more than ever, with people I never thought would give 2 hoots about a left jab.

I'm going to my fathers for it with my bro, the guy got me into boxing from a young age so its fitting.

I loved the HBO thing with Sugar/Oscar/Foreman/Lennox/Hopkins.

They said this was the biggest fight since Frazier/Ali. I mean, it could well be depending on how the fight and the fallout shakes out. Personally i'll go a little more conservative and say its the biggest fight since sweet pea Pernell Whittaker vs Julio Cesar Chavez.

Predictions: Manny KO, round 3. (Yes my heart has tomb stoned by head into oblivion with this predicton)

I won't say much about the legal stuff, ticket issues, ppv price in America. Its all ridiculous. This fight should be accessible to everyone, not just the rich.

The atmosphere at the weigh in alone at the minute is electric!!

So pro PAC man in the crowd, good to see both looking calm, chiselled and ready....!!

Not seen the likes of this before, of course there have been massive fights before but nothing like this the world has gone fight crazy!!

Can't stand the way Pac promotes himself via god at every opportunity getting fans on his side through that. Seems to talk more about god and what a good guy he is than the actual fight. I hope money smashes him in tomorrow

Can't stand the way Pac promotes himself via god at every opportunity getting fans on his side through that. Seems to talk more about god and what a good guy he is than the actual fight. I hope money smashes him in tomorrow

What fight fans like god? Lol

The only God fight fans pray to is to win the round they have bet on.

Pac seems genuine ,hope he knocks out may weather who has pretty much picked and chosen his last 15 fights,bar one or two.

I see where you're coming from, but seriously. Look at how Mayweather presents himself. So disgustingly arrogant, I can't stand his pride. Pacquiao has won the fans over, due to positivity and the regular reference to God but there's no way such a fight would stand without a fans favorite. Oh, I hope Pacquiao does Maywwather good.

Just found this thread after going outside my safe zone (User CP). :P

I shared ray's and Jamie's sentiment; when the match is announced back then I think it is Mayweather's win. But now, I do hope Manny win this one and smash Mayweather's 100% record.

Been waiting for a blockbuster like this since forever. Totally buzzing.

What fight fans like god? Lol

The only God fight fans pray to is to win the round they have bet on.

Pac seems genuine ' date='hope he knocks out may weather who has pretty much picked and chosen his last 15 fights,bar one or two.[/quote']

Did you watch the weigh in? As soon as the shirt came out and the constant pointing at it the loudest cheers erupted in the arena. It's been the same in press conferences. Whenever god is mentioned all the praise goes to the 'good guy'. I wonder if theyre genuine fight fans or religious cult who rather got involved into boxing through Manny :rolleyes:

I see where you're coming from' date=' but seriously. Look at how Mayweather presents himself. So disgustingly arrogant, I can't stand his pride. Pacquiao has won the fans over, due to positivity and the regular reference to God but there's no way such a fight would stand without a fans favorite. Oh, I hope Pacquiao does Maywwather good.[/quote']

At 47-0 you're allowed to be. Plus I don't call it arrogance. I call it self belief and knowing that all the hard work you've put in your 20 years of boxing career has made you the best in the world at what you do. I think he's allowed to do so. I like it anyway. In boxing trash talk is part of the game. You actually saw some of it from Manny too with the death row reference and stuff. People see Manny as the good guy, the underdog, the David of the fight, but in this case I just cannot stand the underdog and the way he conducts himself rather than the favourite.

At 47-0 you're allowed to be. Plus I don't call it arrogance. I call it self belief and knowing that all the hard work you've put in your 20 years of boxing career has made you the best in the world at what you do. I think he's allowed to do so. I like it anyway. In boxing trash talk is part of the game. You actually saw some of it from Manny too with the death row reference and stuff. People see Manny as the good guy' date=' the underdog, the David of the fight, but in this case I just cannot stand the underdog and the way he conducts himself rather than the favourite.[/quote']

What a load of rubbish you talk, religious cults and all that my God (oh you should be happy I mentioned that word I must be playing to the galleries :rolleyes:)

You think he is playing some kinda game to get the fans on side or something?? Do you actually know what kinda guy he is, he is about as genuine as they come look at how much he does within the Philippines and given up a massive percentage of his winnings to charitable purposes both in his home country and abroad As for the God stuff he has said it all his career and in almost every fight, you see it with lots of boxers not just Manny.

Manny uses his status to try and get a better life for his fellow countrymen through both his status, wealth and by advancing things politically, he cares and I don't think he should have to be ashamed of that. fans accept him because he is genuine, he is humble and makes time for the fans all qualities which are to be admired not scorned upon.

He is the polar opposite to Mayweather's brashness, arrogance and delusions of self grandeur (I am bigger than Ali......:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

It was obvious the fight was made Mayweather will rightly be the favourite, but Pacquaio was always going to be the people's choice.

Just want the fight to live up to the hype....

Did you watch the weigh in? As soon as the shirt came out and the constant pointing at it the loudest cheers erupted in the arena. It's been the same in press conferences. Whenever god is mentioned all the praise goes to the 'good guy'. I wonder if theyre genuine fight fans or religious cult who rather got involved into boxing through Manny :rolleyes:

At 47-0 you're allowed to be. Plus I don't call it arrogance. I call it self belief and knowing that all the hard work you've put in your 20 years of boxing career has made you the best in the world at what you do. I think he's allowed to do so. I like it anyway. In boxing trash talk is part of the game. You actually saw some of it from Manny too with the death row reference and stuff. People see Manny as the good guy' date=' the underdog, the David of the fight, but in this case I just cannot stand the underdog and the way he conducts himself rather than the favourite.[/quote']

How he conducts himself?! So a serial woman beater is a better person than the guy who has a strongly held belief in his faith?

He has used his faith to turn his life around and be a better person, even though it isn't for me I can certainly respect him for doing so and not ridicule him for it.

You are not making any sense at all . you may as well just say I like mayweather and l will rather see him win over pacquiao simple instead of talking all these nonsense

You are not making any sense at all . you may as well just say I like mayweather and l will rather see him win over pacquiao simple instead of talking all these nonsense

No i am making total sense. Its god god god god god praise lord jesus every single interview. He can f right off with that. All his plastic fans love him for that only knowing f all about boxing