Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

If either guy ever needs money again, this is a potential re-match.

I actually thought it was fairly likely this was just a mutual money making machine with neither going close to being hurt.

I'd actually expect a second match to be a lot more properly contested if one ever comes to fruition.

Mayweather absolutely bossed that for me' date=' 118 -110 i have it as. Maybe an extra round for pac-man to make it 117-111 but he definitely lost it convincingly.

Lets see how the judges have it![/quote']

I had Mayweather by 5 rounds. You can't win rounds if you can't land punches. He needed to take more risks especially early on but Mayweather never allowed him to. Love him or loathe he is undeniably brilliant at what he does..

I totally disagree with Safir that they went in there just thinking of the money. Manny is not money orientated and this fight is proof that Mayweather is so elusive and controlled the fight from start to finish.

Just look at the rounds Manny won, Mayweather came out next round controlled the centre of the ring not allowing Manny to get close and keeping him at bay with point scoring jabs. Not a great fight but Mayweather did what he needed to do.

Manny would learn from this if there were a rematch and be more aggressive. You need to apply non stop pressure to trouble Mayweather and take risks, easier said than done.

Didnt live up to the hype, but i guess thats the way it was always going to be with Mayweathers style. loling @ twitter, "Give me my money back" all over the place. Pacman really offered nothing in the last half of the fight but maybe won the last round when he knew he needed a K.O.

Didnt live up to the hype' date=' but i guess thats the way it was always going to be with Mayweathers style. loling @ twitter, "Give me my money back" all over the place. Pacman really offered nothing in the last half of the fight but maybe won the last round when he knew he needed a K.O.[/quote']

More like nothing happened in that fight :D

I mean some technical stuff but the match is so short that it all seems a little frivolous.

I feel like to some extent nobody was ever anywhere close to a knock-out, which kind of takes the point of boxing away. If everyone really good defends so well that you can't knock them out, you need some objective to chase, like goals in football

Unfortunatley my instincts were right and Mayweather was going to win on points and TBH I don't see how anybody can see otherwise.

I had PAC winning three rounds but Mayweather is just so awkward and basically one the fight by being defensively elusive and single right hands finding the mark but nobody bar Oscar De La Hoya (who I think could well have beaten him and possibly did) has got close to working out the conundrum.

Totally unlikeable charachter but you can't help but admire his technical ability, best of his era most Definetley but he will never be remembered in my view amongst the absolute elite greats of the sport his style in both boxing terms and his personality will see to that.

As for PAC saying he thought he won the fight :o:o

Still we must all hate Floyd anyway his constant references and thanking God for the victory well were irritating :rolleyes::P

Lets all be honest in reality it nowhere near lived up to the Hype, not that Floyd should or will care about that.

As a fan though you wanted something else, you wanted excitement, you wanted them to engage but what we want and what's best for the fighters is totally different.

Should have stayed in Bed :P

On the bright side a fairly easy £25 quid made so not all bad.

Not really what I hope for after all the hype and the time required to finally materialized this fight.

Mayweather did what he needed to do, and his style and strategy suit the match more than Manny.

Maywather might still have his record intact, but Manny will always be people choice and champion.

Few of the tweet that went around ;

God ‏@TheTweetOfGod 16m16 minutes ago

Don't thank Me, Floyd. Thank Satan, your Lord and Savior, you fckin bstard.

Tristan Doden @Tristan_Doden · 30m 30 minutes ago

Mayweather has hugged Manny more times than my dad has hugged me my whole life.

Swengie @swansuico · 1h 1 hour ago

I need a boyfriend like Mayweather. Just hugs me when we fight.