Magic J

The Official Boxing Thread

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

To be honest ray ortiz does not deserve a crack at a world title he was knocked out by maidana for the interim wba title and has his first fight since that defeat on saturday against antonio diaz if he comes through that i think he needs to beat another quality contender before he deserves a world title fight.

It was a great fight Ortiz was in and he has got a name for himself and like I say it is a very winnable fight for Khan, will get him some more atention and should be a routine win IMO. I just dont want Amir to rush it he has all the time in the world and I firmly believe he should have another 1-2 fights against fighters like this then take that step to a massive name such as Marquez who as i stated before I think he could beat.

I agree with whoever it was who suggested Marquez beat Pacquaio in one of there fights I thought Marquez just edged it but Pacquaio is a different animal these days and much like Khan ever since he has worked with Freddie has elevated themselves to a whole new level. Whatever happens with Freddie Roach in your corner you know you havethe best trainer in world boxing and that is a massive advantage.

Cant wait for Pacquaio V Mayweather its the fight I and the world has been waiting for it could be as big even bigger than Ali V Foreman which I believe is the single biggest fight in Boxing history for a whole variety of factors which i just dont have time to discuss now. It went beyond just a boxing match

It was a great fight Ortiz was in and he has got a name for himself and like I say it is a very winnable fight for Khan' date=' will get him some more atention and should be a routine win IMO. I just dont want Amir to rush it he has all the time in the world and I firmly believe he should have another 1-2 fights against fighters like this then take that step to a massive name such as Marquez who as i stated before I think he could beat.

I agree with whoever it was who suggested Marquez beat Pacquaio in one of there fights I thought Marquez just edged it but Pacquaio is a different animal these days and much like Khan ever since he has worked with Freddie has elevated themselves to a whole new level. Whatever happens with Freddie Roach in your corner you know you havethe best trainer in world boxing and that is a massive advantage.

Cant wait for Pacquaio V Mayweather its the fight I and the world has been waiting for it could be as big even bigger than Ali V Foreman which I believe is the single biggest fight in Boxing history for a whole variety of factors which i just dont have time to discuss now. It went beyond just a boxing match[/quote']

Mayweather v Pacquaio lets not, go into that ill start foaming over my pc:p Rumours of march 13th circulating, with Amir Khan as the pacman's chief sparring partner so i expect khan to either be fighting on the undercard ( not something i wouldt want) or fighting a few weeks after this fight in say april time.

I Would go for mayweather via unaminous decision or a very late stoppage, who would you guys be backing:)

It was a great fight Ortiz was in and he has got a name for himself and like I say it is a very winnable fight for Khan' date=' will get him some more atention and should be a routine win IMO. I just dont want Amir to rush it he has all the time in the world and I firmly believe he should have another 1-2 fights against fighters like this then take that step to a massive name such as Marquez who as i stated before I think he could beat.

Cant wait for Pacquaio V Mayweather its the fight I and the world has been waiting for it could be as big even bigger than Ali V Foreman which I believe is the single biggest fight in Boxing history for a whole variety of factors which i just dont have time to discuss now. It went beyond just a boxing match[/quote']

Marquez just edged the 2nd fight but the judges didnt see it that way but if you think marquez was hard done by remember the first fight the draw when marquez was down 3 times in the first round so he should have a first round knockout loss on his record but he got away with it because the 3 knockdown rule was not in place for that fight like it is in 99% of fights so he escaped with a draw so i guess things have a way of evening themselves out.

Mayweather v Pacquaio lets not' date=' go into that ill start foaming over my pc:p Rumours of march 13th circulating, with Amir Khan as the pacman's chief sparring partner so i expect khan to either be fighting on the undercard ( not something i wouldt want) or fighting a few weeks after this fight in say april time.

I Would go for mayweather via unaminous decision or a very late stoppage, who would you guys be backing:)[/quote']

Hnestly at this stage I couldnt pick it, the physical advantages should favour mayweather and I think i would be leaning towards the Money man but he has never fought anybody in Pacquaios league and he has fought a lot of good/great fighters but not with the speed and the angles that Pacquaio can provide that is what makes it so fascinating Ive been really surprised how Pac man has carried the power and he appears to be getting even stronger as he moves up the weght division.

The best attacking boxer in the business against the best defence bar none in world Boxing I cant pick it its a real 50/50 fight I wont be having my usual bet on a big fight just gunna sit back and enjoy I just hope it lives up to the hype which Im pretty sure it will

Marquez just edged the 2nd fight but the judges didnt see it that way but if you think marquez was hard done by remember the first fight the draw when marquez was down 3 times in the first round so he should have a first round knockout loss on his record but he got away with it because the 3 knockdown rule was not in place for that fight like it is in 99% of fights so he escaped with a draw so i guess things have a way of evening themselves out.

Well not really , not this fault the rules wasn't implemented in that fight, i don't agree with that rule anyway tbh. I agree though he got a bit lucky in that fight as one of the judges admitted that they had scored round 1 wrong, the judge had scored it 10-7 instead of the standard 10-6 for a round when a fighter had been knocked down 3 times.

Hnestly at this stage I couldnt pick it' date=' the physical advantages should favour mayweather and I think i would be leaning towards the Money man but he has never fought anybody in Pacquaios league and he has fought a lot of good/great fighters but not with the speed and the angles that Pacquaio can provide that is what makes it so fascinating Ive been really surprised how Pac man has carried the power and he appears to be getting even stronger as he moves up the weght division.

The best attacking boxer in the business against the best defence bar none in world Boxing I cant pick it its a real 50/50 fight I wont be having my usual bet on a big fight just gunna sit back and enjoy I just hope it lives up to the hype which Im pretty sure it will[/quote']

I understand what your saying about FMJ not fighting anyone in pacman's class, even though he has defeated a lot of top quality fighters. What make's it so interesting is neither of these guys have fought anyway as good as they will be fighting on the night ( if you get what i mean):P. Personally i just think mayweather will be too skillfull for the pacman, although i can see manny having some success early on , as we all no FMJ keeps his hands too low (usually has the reactions to avoid these shots though)... Both fighters no, whoever wins this, will go down as a true great in the sport.

The only thing that is certain is that this will be the fight of the year, possibly decade!

I understand what your saying about FMJ not fighting anyone in pacman's class' date=' even though he has defeated a lot of top quality fighters. What make's it so interesting is neither of these guys have fought anyway as good as they will be fighting on the night ( if you get what i mean):P. Personally i just think mayweather will be too skillfull for the pacman, although i can see manny having some success early on , as we all no FMJ keeps his hands too low (usually has the reactions to avoid these shots though)... Both fighters no, whoever wins this, will go down as a true great in the sport.

The only thing that is certain is that this will be the fight of the year, possibly decade![/quote']

It has the makings of being a classic but also could end up being a damp squid. The ultimate attacking boxer in pacman, loves to hunt down and has the speed and power Vs the ultimate defender fights on the back foot is incredabily quick and difficult to hit. Mayweather could win this fight at a canter hes good enough to stay out of Pacmans way and in that sence could be a dull fight.

If however Pacman gets in his face catches him a with a fe wpunches and claims a couple of the early rounds then Mayweather will have to find his target more and we will geniunley see how good he really is.

I actually fancy Pacman if he can get in front of mayweather and close the ring down.

It has the makings of being a classic but also could end up being a damp squid. The ultimate attacking boxer in pacman' date=' loves to hunt down and has the speed and power Vs the ultimate defender fights on the back foot is incredabily quick and difficult to hit. Mayweather could win this fight at a canter hes good enough to stay out of Pacmans way and in that sence could be a dull fight.

If however Pacman gets in his face catches him a with a fe wpunches and claims a couple of the early rounds then Mayweather will have to find his target more and we will geniunley see how good he really is.

[b']I actually fancy Pacman if he can get in front of mayweather and close the ring down[/b].

Many have tried and many have failed. We have also seen mayweather go after fighters in the latter rounds and therefore i don't think we should really question his abililty to "find his target".

Im not to bothered about the spectacle as long as FMJ is successful, i am though a huge admirer of pacman, but ultimately FMJ is my favourite fighter of all time.

Going to be the biggest fight in recent memory IMO and with the amount of money that wil be generated, this fight simply must happen

Many have tried and many have failed.

Very true however non have been as good as quick or as powerfull as pacman

We have also seen mayweather go after fighters in the latter rounds and therefore i don't think we should really question his abililty to "find his target".

Also true but given this situation it will open the fight up and pacman will ultimately have more success. Im not really questioning his ability but if forced to come forward against an opponant of the calibre of pacman then it will be a very interetsing fight.

Im not to bothered about the spectacle as long as FMJ is successful' date=' i am though a huge admirer of pacman, but ultimately FMJ is my favourite fighter of all time.

Going to be the biggest fight in recent memory IMO and with the amount of money that wil be generated, this fight simply must happen[/quote']

Id prefer the spectacle it promises to be, im not overly fussed who wins, pacman is my favourite of the 2 but I would rather it be a classic and the betetr fighter will win through whoever it might be.

Mayweather will beat Pacqauio and here i will explain why

First off Pacqauio is not actually a very good attacking boxer which may sound stupid,He is on a par with Mayweather on been the best counter punching boxer in the world,Pacman did not KO or knock down De La Hoya when he could only attack and all his knock downs of Cotto and Hatton have been due to counter punches,How can Pacqauio or anyone for that matter get past the Mayweather defence?? its not the fact his never lost or been knocked out that would worry me its the fact that he has never been hurt and has never showed any signs of weakness,Roach is a master at gameplans and Pacqauio can adapt to any gameplan he creates but i dont see how he could find out how to hurt mayweather never mind knock him out,Also manny cant use his speed to simply get in and out as mayweathers reflexes are too good for that and if Manny throws 6 punches he may land 1 or 2 at most which is 1/3 of his punches landd which is not that high and he will easily get fatigued,It will be a tight nervy affair and Mayweather will knick the rounds and later on Manny will chase him and become frustrated,The key to the fight is Mayweathers height difference and he can jab Manny whenever he comes in.

Win for Mayweather IMO and its not because Manny is bad far from it but how can you beat him??

I disagree with your statement that pacman is a good counter puncher mate, yes he countered hatton successfully and cotto to a certain extent, but everyone knows hes a much better offensive fighter than he is defensive, and usually hes not the hardest hit.

As with roach, IMO the best trainer on the planet, hence why the pacman calls him his "master". If anyone can work out a gameplan it is him, after all he did come so close to beating mayweather in the DLH fight.

Personally, i think FMJ will just be too good and will beat the pacman via a unaminous decision or a late knockout. For sure, the fight of 2010.

I disagree with your statement that pacman is a good counter puncher mate' date=' yes he countered hatton successfully and cotto to a certain extent, but everyone knows hes a much better offensive fighter than he is defensive, and usually hes not the hardest hit.

As with roach, IMO the best trainer on the planet, hence why the pacman calls him his "master". If anyone can work out a gameplan it is him, after all he did come so close to beating mayweather in the DLH fight.

Personally, i think FMJ will just be too good and will beat the pacman via a unaminous decision or a late knockout. For sure, the fight of 2010.[/quote']

That was not the point i was trying to make mate,Just because his a good counter puncher doesnt neccesairly mean his defensive look at Marquez for example,definitely one of the best counter punchers out there yet a very offensive agressive fighter i would say manny falls under that category too,manny fights best when the opponent attacks and he can use his speed and power to counter punch and knock them out,he struggled against marquez when he had to attack and it took him 11 rounds to KO Barrera and 8 to TKO De La Hoya when the onus was on him and not the opponent,so going off this what will he be like when he fights a completely defensive fighter for the first time in his career,there is only one floyd mayweather and he cannot spar with anyone of a similar calibre as Pernell Whitaker is to useless to even spar with someone and the only recent fighter that fought like floyd,

Whilst Pernell Whitaker is in my head i remember his fight vs Chavez and he lost by decision but he clearly won in everyone elses opinion,Chavez was widely considered the best there was back then as Manny is now but got outclassed and outshone by Whitaker who rather than fighting toe to toe fought on the outside and defended and stole rounds,i mention this because it makes me think this fight can be similar to that one, whilst i appreciate manny and chavez are different fighters the hype and hysteria surronding them and there own support in there own country is similar which is why im comparing and floyd and pernell are also similar but floyd is better.

I agree taht floyd will win imo, the best fighter of his generation. After this win he will get the recognition he deserves and craves. I just think this is a step too far for the pacman, on March 13th we will find out who is the best p4p out there, I just have a feeling Floyd might knock him out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB9dD6cfi0s

That was not the point i was trying to make mate' date='Just because his a good counter puncher doesnt neccesairly mean his defensive look at Marquez for example,definitely one of the best counter punchers out there yet a very offensive agressive fighter i would say manny falls under that category too,manny fights best when the opponent attacks and he can use his speed and power to counter punch and knock them out,he struggled against marquez when he had to attack and it took him 11 rounds to KO Barrera and 8 to TKO De La Hoya when the onus was on him and not the opponent,so going off this what will he be like when he fights a completely defensive fighter for the first time in his career,there is only one floyd mayweather and he cannot spar with anyone of a similar calibre as Pernell Whitaker is to useless to even spar with someone and the only recent fighter that fought like floyd,

Whilst Pernell Whitaker is in my head i remember his fight vs Chavez and he lost by decision but he clearly won in everyone elses opinion,Chavez was widely considered the best there was back then as Manny is now but got outclassed and outshone by Whitaker who rather than fighting toe to toe fought on the outside and defended and stole rounds,i mention this because it makes me think this fight can be similar to that one, whilst i appreciate manny and chavez are different fighters the hype and hysteria surronding them and there own support in there own country is similar which is why im comparing and floyd and pernell are also similar but floyd is better.[/quote']

Dude Chavez v Whitaker was a draw.The fight sweet pea won clearly but lost on points was against Jose Luis Ramirez.

Floyd won't need to run, he's a counter puncher. He thrives on opponents coming to him and no-one will please him more than Pacman. Floyd will win easily on points, trust me. We saw how many times Pacman got caught against Cotto and Cotto's not even close to being as accurate as Floyd.

I also am of the opinion Floyd will win easily Guerilla,By the way i was bored and found a video showing the WHOLE interview on Mayweather vs Pacqauio and statistics to back up what Floyd was saying and there respective PPV records.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0IH5XZzAqs&feature=related

Click on the name Flintstone 84 on the right hand side,to get part 2 and 3

Yer toonforlife i have seen the full interview as well the 25 minute one, people who say Floyd is scared, or ducks fighters, is ridiculous. Long live the king!!!!

My favourite line is "there's nothing cool about taking punishment"

p.s i think Floyd will win a unanimous decision, or a late knockout.

Yer toonforlife i have seen the full interview as well the 25 minute one' date=' people who say Floyd is scared, or ducks fighters, is ridiculous. Long live the king!!!!

My favourite line is "there's nothing cool about taking punishment"

p.s i think Floyd will win a unanimous decision, or a late knockout.[/quote']

It is not the fact it was 25 minutes that bothered me it was that he had all the stats alongside it,Floyd outsold Manny against Hatton,De La Hoya and Marquez so Manny is not the bigger PPV attraction,I also agree with him that they are trying to build up a fighter to beat him as they did with Hatton,and lets face it Ricky was never in the same class as Floyd and i dont think Pacman is either,Is pacman more exciting? Yes he is but that does not mean he will beat Floyd,sure he has quicker KOs than Mayweather but Floyd is like surgeon and takes longer than Manny because of this.

I really cannot wait to see the hype machine Pacqauio lose as im sure he will,the best thing about that video was Roachs comments about all of Mannys fighters ie Cotto,Hatton and De La Hoya and he fought them because he knew they were all shot,Hatton was way better undefeated and never got over the fact he lost and neither did Cotto,who left the arena after the Margarito fight a different one than he came in,De La Hoya well really what did he do in the past 5 years before he fought Manny or Floyd to be fair,he was good in the late 90s but that was about it and was way overhyped.

It is not the fact it was 25 minutes that bothered me it was that he had all the stats alongside it' date='Floyd outsold Manny against Hatton,De La Hoya and Marquez so Manny is not the bigger PPV attraction,I also agree with him that they are trying to build up a fighter to beat him as they did with Hatton,and lets face it Ricky was never in the same class as Floyd and i dont think Pacman is either,Is pacman more exciting? Yes he is but that does not mean he will beat Floyd,sure he has quicker KOs than Mayweather but Floyd is like surgeon and takes longer than Manny because of this.

I really cannot wait to see the hype machine Pacqauio lose as im sure he will,the best thing about that video was Roachs comments about all of Mannys fighters ie Cotto,Hatton and De La Hoya and he fought them because he knew they were all shot,Hatton was way better undefeated and never got over the fact he lost and neither did Cotto,who left the arena after the Margarito fight a different one than he came in,De La Hoya well really what did he do in the past 5 years before he fought Manny or Floyd to be fair,he was good in the late 90s but that was about it and was way overhyped.[/quote']

ye i no the 25 minutes has nothing to do with it, was just stating ive see it. With regards to manny, yes his last 3 fights, he has fought "shot" fighters, we mustn't take anything away from him though, he went in there and got the job done and fair play to him for that.

Like i said, i am a huge fan off FMJ, infact he is my idle, so i am hoping he wins. I am also considering going to this fight if i can get the tickets:D

ye i no the 25 minutes has nothing to do with it' date=' was just stating ive see it. With regards to manny, yes his last 3 fights, he has fought "shot" fighters, we mustn't take anything away from him though, he went in there and got the job done and fair play to him for that.

Like i said, i am a huge fan off FMJ, infact he is my idle, so i am hoping he wins. I am also considering going to this fight [b']if i can get the tickets[/b]:D

Unless you've got a spare 30 grand lying round for tickets off the black market you haven't got a chance mate. They'll be sold out in 30 minutes can guarantee it. I'm over in America next summer for the whole summer and was hoping it would take place then so i could nab myself a ticket in Vegas but i haven't got a hope now haha.

But yeah on the subject of the fight itself, i've been saying this for years and people who have fought Floyd actually agree with me. The only way to beat Floyd is to wait for him to come to you, he's a counter puncher and if you go looking for him, he'll pick you off all night long. To beat him you have to produce the dullest fight the worlds ever seen because you have to wait for him and he's not going to come after you, simple as, and well... to be quite frank, he'd beat 90% of the fighters out there even if he did go on the offensive. The only thing that separates Floyd and a place in the top 10 of all-time is that killer instinct to go for the knockout. He'll happily win on points, he won't risk danger to put on a show.

Unless you've got a spare 30 grand lying round for tickets off the black market you haven't got a chance mate. They'll be sold out in 30 minutes can guarantee it. I'm over in America next summer for the whole summer and was hoping it would take place then so i could nab myself a ticket in Vegas but i haven't got a hope now haha.

But yeah on the subject of the fight itself' date=' i've been saying this for years and people who have fought Floyd actually agree with me. The only way to beat Floyd is to wait for him to come to you, he's a counter puncher and if you go looking for him, he'll pick you off all night long. To beat him you have to produce the dullest fight the worlds ever seen because you have to wait for him and he's not going to come after you, simple as, and well... to be quite frank, he'd beat 90% of the fighters out there even if he did go on the offensive. The only thing that separates Floyd and a place in the top 10 of all-time is that killer instinct to go for the knockout. He'll happily win on points, he won't risk danger to put on a show.[/quote']

Who do you know who fought him?,my mate knows Frankie Gavin and i may watch one of his next fights and he seems like a decent bloke when i saw him.

Oh sorry, didn't mean in person. Just interviews i've heard and seen with different people who have fought him.

Talking about in-person though, i went to the Khan fight and met Haye, Khan, Naz and some rapper from LA called Mr Capone-E haha he's a proper cartoon character that Capone-E like.

Haye is a beast in person aswell! was in Sea nightclub up here in Newcastle in the VIP with Haye on the saturday night, he's quality haha.