French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition) Lot of posts today Going to attempt to answer "en masse", let me know if I've missed anything out.

Re: French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition) France - Ligue 1 NAME--PREVIOUS MINUTES--CURRENT MINUTES--AGE--RATING. Max -3240 AUXERRE Alain Traore--837--1421--22--82 Willy Boly--540--20--NA * S

Re: French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition) Think a +1 this time around is more likely. Stated above why I don't think any Lille player' date=' aside from Rami who's been a fixture in Blanc's nation

Re: French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition)

Bet you're kicking yourself as he kept his 92 :P

Yeah that part was annoying but I used the cash to get some good players like Kaboul, Didac and some other ones :) Hopefully the rubbish player Vucinic drops next time round as he doesn't deserve that 92 IMO :D

Heinze. My bad. Had Higuain on the mind reading the Liverpool thread. Haha

Ha anyway suprised with that one aswell. He didnt deserve it, but you know the SM reviewers. They will rise players off hype and stuff and then just drop old players. Maybe he wasnt doing well but I dont know, didnt they play in the CL aswell? Seems like a harsh drop cause 90 isnt a really high rating at all.

Ha anyway suprised with that one aswell. He didnt deserve it' date=' but you know the SM reviewers. They will rise players off hype and stuff and then just drop old players. Maybe he wasnt doing well but I dont know, didnt they play in the CL aswell? Seems like a harsh drop cause 90 isnt a really high rating at all.[/quote']

Yeah, they made the round of 16, going out 2-1 on aggregate to United, all goals being at Old Trafford.

Heinze. My bad. Had Higuain on the mind reading the Liverpool thread. Haha

Seems to me like Cris and Heinze both got dropped on age. Cris had some injury issues this year, but Lyon were very good when he was fit, he always started when fit and played the full 90 on most occasions, and he still remains the captain of the team if im not mistaken.

Altogether I'm mostly satisfied with the rating changes tho.

Seems to me like Cris and Heinze both got dropped on age. Cris had some injury issues this year' date=' but Lyon were very good when he was fit, he always started when fit and played the full 90 on most occasions, and he still remains the captain of the team if im not mistaken.[/quote']

Cris' drop has nothing to do with his age. He's been terrible at times this season, especially towards the end of the season after the Real Madrid game away. Was dropped after that terrible game against Nice (and beating up a young AM in training - great captaincy skills) in favour of Toulalan and Lovren at the back, with apparently the equally bad Maxime Gonalons at DM being a "lesser evil" than Cris at CB. Only got his place back due to an injury to Toulalan and suspension to Lovren. Thoroughly deserved drop.

Gourcuff's drop wasn't really unexpected. He hasn't exactly lived up to expectations for Lyon, mainly down to being played in an unfamiliar position and not being allowed to use his dribbling skills which he became known for at Bordeaux. Stated a few times before that Lyon will never get a good game out of Gourcuff for as long as Puel is manager (which almost a week after the season has finished, he still is. If he's going to go, just get rid of him already). He has had injury troubles this season, at the end of November through to December and the past month now, but he has been on top form for the national team, 3 goals in 6 games with 1 assist, which is the best he's ever done for the national team. Along with Benzema, he's been the best player for France during Blanc's reign, so it is a bit strange to see him 2 lower than Benzema and Nasri, who Gourcuff has been outshining on international duty. It's worth noting that Lyon have looked even worse without him, and their 2 bad runs during the season have come before he signed, and now when he's been out injured, so to see him on par with Bastos, who hasn't exactly been great lately, and lower than Toulalan (who doesn't even get picked in the national team ahead of Blaise Matuidi) is a bit surprising.

Biggest surprise in these changes? No rise for Dejan Lovren. He's now the same rating as Maxime Gonalons, who's played 900 less minutes than him whilst playing a lot worse. Ok, they are different positions, but when you consider that Gonalons mainly plays when Toulalan is playing centre back, Lovren, who's been Lyon's best defender by far this season, lower than Cris, Reveillere and 2 lower than the dreadful Aly Cissokho of late is incredible. He's been Lyon's first choice CB and their best, would love to know why he apparently isn't worth 89.