French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition) Lot of posts today Going to attempt to answer "en masse", let me know if I've missed anything out.

Re: French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition) France - Ligue 1 NAME--PREVIOUS MINUTES--CURRENT MINUTES--AGE--RATING. Max -3240 AUXERRE Alain Traore--837--1421--22--82 Willy Boly--540--20--NA * S

Re: French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition) Think a +1 this time around is more likely. Stated above why I don't think any Lille player' date=' aside from Rami who's been a fixture in Blanc's nation

Re: French Ligue 1 & 2 (Risers Edition)

Cris' drop has nothing to do with his age. He's been terrible at times this season' date=' especially towards the end of the season after the Real Madrid game away. Was dropped after that terrible game against Nice (and beating up a young AM in training - great captaincy skills) in favour of Toulalan and Lovren at the back, with apparently the equally bad Maxime Gonalons at DM being a "lesser evil" than Cris at CB. Only got his place back due to an injury to Toulalan and suspension to Lovren. Thoroughly deserved drop.

Gourcuff's drop wasn't really unexpected. He hasn't exactly lived up to expectations for Lyon, mainly down to being played in an unfamiliar position and not being allowed to use his dribbling skills which he became known for at Bordeaux. Stated a few times before that Lyon will never get a good game out of Gourcuff for as long as Puel is manager (which almost a week after the season has finished, he still is. If he's going to go, just get rid of him already). He has had injury troubles this season, at the end of November through to December and the past month now, but he has been on top form for the national team, 3 goals in 6 games with 1 assist, which is the best he's ever done for the national team. Along with Benzema, he's been the best player for France during Blanc's reign, so it is a bit strange to see him 2 lower than Benzema and Nasri, who Gourcuff has been outshining on international duty. It's worth noting that Lyon have looked even worse without him, and their 2 bad runs during the season have come before he signed, and now when he's been out injured, so to see him on par with Bastos, who hasn't exactly been great lately, and lower than Toulalan (who doesn't even get picked in the national team ahead of Blaise Matuidi) is a bit surprising.

Biggest surprise in these changes? No rise for Dejan Lovren. He's now the same rating as Maxime Gonalons, who's played 900 less minutes than him whilst playing a lot worse. Ok, they are different positions, but when you consider that Gonalons mainly plays when Toulalan is playing centre back, Lovren, who's been Lyon's best defender by far this season, lower than Cris, Reveillere and 2 lower than the dreadful Aly Cissokho of late is incredible. He's been Lyon's first choice CB and their best, would love to know why he apparently isn't worth 89.[/quote']

might put a ticket in regarding lovren

Also don't get the Lucho Gonzales drop. 36 appearances' date=' 8 goals and he got the 93 in Portugal, which is technically rated as a lesser league. Again, got CL footy this season, came in 2nd in the league. Gotta say another poor decision. Also led the team in assists with Cheyrou.[/quote']

I reckon it was just a case of bringing the rating cap down, clearly SM feel that Ligue 1 is not 93 standard, and i cant say i fully agree with them, but who am i to question.

Always knew it was a long shot, but I'm disappointed that Remy didn't go to 91. Same with Modeste - I was hoping for a +1. At least I got rises for Chantome and Chedjou.

Now focusing on the Spain and England where I need surprise rises for Mathieu and De Jong!

Hazard rose to 91.

Lucho and Gourcuff dropped.

im abit surprised about the 91 to hazard i kind of feel he isnt 91 quality yet, i feel hes like 90 and a half for now, and so i think the 91 isnt wrong.

I agree on dropping Gourcuff, but less abou Gonzalez, hes been great as always for Marseille with 3000 mins played in the league, scored 8 and made 5assists in the league, and got ome CL football too, Marseille didnt win teh league, but i dont think it warranted a drop, unless SM just wants to cap France to 92.

Also don't get the Lucho Gonzales drop. 36 appearances' date=' 8 goals and he got the 93 in Portugal, which is technically rated as a lesser league. Again, got CL footy this season, came in 2nd in the league. Gotta say another poor decision. Also led the team in assists with Cheyrou.[/quote']

Totally agree with that.

Could someone tell me something about Gueida Fofana and Francis Coquelin, are they worth keeping or won't it be any harm to cash in on them now?

Pleasantly surprised that SM dropped Gourcuff and gave Sow a well deserved +2.

I think Hazard's POTY award had a lot to do with his rise, and Lucho's drop is understandable for me, given Ligue Un's Coefficient Ranking and SM's history of only awarding Ligue Un's best player (Ribery, Benzema...) 93, to sit at 93 when you're neither the League's bets player nor playing for the League Winners isn't right in SM's eyes. Not that I totally agree with the drop, but it's fairly straightforward to see why SM did.

Not a bad job overall IMO, Lille have four new 90s and a 91 now. o_0 :D

I really hope Rami rises in Spanish Changes' date=' as he is now listed as a Valencia player. He totally deserves it. Regular for France NT and best defender of [b']champion Rennes[/b]. And i cant understand too why Taiwo and Lovren didnt rise :s

Eh? ..........

Why Santander rose 2 in the last ratings' date=' when he just played 260 minutes out of 990 minutes? o.O

I am also surprised that wasn't even this time that Taiwo rose.. -.-[/quote']

Because SM want to make all the french teams ratings closer, so they gave more risers than drops in these changes. Actually, im not sure :P

Debuchy didn't rise either when everyone expected him to, actually i knew he wouldn't rise because Abate didn't rise either, yet Palermo's both fullbacks attained a 90.

Because SM want to make all the french teams ratings closer' date=' so they gave more risers than drops in these changes. Actually, im not sure :P

Debuchy didn't rise either when everyone expected him to, actually i knew he wouldn't rise because Abate didn't rise either, yet Palermo's both fullbacks attained a 90.[/quote']

And why not drop all their ratings? ;)

I was expecting Taiwo to rise, because his performances were better than Cissokho ( 5,04 vs 4, 86, stats from L'Equipe) and imo he has been on the borderline to rise since a few seasons ago.. the move to Milan could have helped his jump.. :P

I never thought Debuchy had much chances to rise, since (apparently) SM have been conservative nowadays and Fanni was one of the bests( or the best) RB in the last years in France and never went to 90..

And why not drop all their ratings? ;)

I was expecting Taiwo to rise' date=' because his performances were better than Cissokho ( 5,04 vs 4, 86, stats from [i']L'Equipe[/i]) and imo he has been on the borderline to rise since a few seasons ago.. the move to Milan could have helped his jump.. :P

I never thought Debuchy had much chances to rise, since (apparently) SM have been conservative nowadays and Fanni was one of the bests( or the best) RB in the last years in France and never went to 90..

Because they haven't dropped in the coefficients :P

He had a pretty decent world cup aswell did Taiwo, one of the best, so you could argue he should've got 90 in the first changes of the season. Maybe SM want to see how well he gets on at Milan, and could end up getting a +2 to 91!

Still Lille have gone on to win the league, and he's had a contract extension, so he must be doing something right!

Pleasantly surprised that SM dropped Gourcuff and gave Sow a well deserved +2.

I think Hazard's POTY award had a lot to do with his rise' date=' and Lucho's drop is understandable for me, given Ligue Un's Coefficient Ranking and SM's history of only awarding Ligue Un's best player (Ribery, Benzema...) 93, to sit at 93 when you're neither the League's bets player nor playing for the League Winners isn't right in SM's eyes. Not that I totally agree with the drop, but it's fairly straightforward to see why SM did.

[/b']

Not a bad job overall IMO, Lille have four new 90s and a 91 now. o_0 :D

*Cough Toulalan cough*

No, but seriously. Lucho's not been so great as of recently. Ever since the march-changes of Ligue 1, Lucho's not been the Lucho as we know it. This may have been influenced by his personal problems (his family got robbed in march/april) and in my opinion, it seems like he hasn't got his focus on l'OM at the front. With the fact that he wants to leave l'OM and France (he's already stated that - so it's official - and it seems like he is off to Costa del sol, Malaga) and the fact that he's been suffering mentally from the robbery, it's not quite suprising why he hasn't been the same Lucho as before. Now even Valbuena, who is an in-and-out winger, has been taking Lucho's place (every now and then though) in the centre-midfield and as the playmaker - that would sound insane if somebody would have told me that a few months ago or so - you could almost compare this as if Messi would take Xavi's playmaker role in the central-midfield at Barca!

Though I must admit: 6-8 games of inconsistency shouldn't give you a drop. Otherwise we'd see these Berbatov's (previous seasons) or Gallas' (Arsenal time) dropping for fun!

Guys is ludovic Sane worth keeping? i've just put an offer in to the externals M.SOW (£0k + González ADRIÁN(spanish kid) + Ludovic SANE) should i perhaps consider changing it before it goes through? I'm asking here because i thought you guys would now about Sanes future.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: i also have younes belhanda i could spare (got plenty of wingers...)