Straight swap - Fabio Aurelio for Vargas?

Re: Straight swap - Fabio Aurelio for Vargas?

Any recommendation aside from Vargas? 90 rated' date=' at least.[/quote']

personally id sell him and go for someone like, either andre santos who mat rise or Veira Marcelo who has a great future.

or even Emilliano Papa had the odd international for Argentina, may rise too. or Vermaelen who is obviously gona rise but can also play LB

I heard Aurelio is in for a drop' date=' plus he is currently 6 weeks injured in my team. I was thinking of swapping him for Vargas.Is this a good deal?[/quote']

Good deal. Rafa looks very satisfied with Insua performance and it'll be hard for Aurelio to get his starter place again. Vargas is safe 90 as he's regular for Fiorentina but he likely to change to LM/LB as he often to play at LM this season

personally id sell him and go for someone like' date=' either [b']andre santos who mat rise[/b] or Veira Marcelo who has a great future.

or even Emilliano Papa had the odd international for Argentina, may rise too. or Vermaelen who is obviously gona rise but can also play LB

He WILL rise, but will also switch position;)

I heard Aurelio is in for a drop' date=' plus he is currently 6 weeks injured in my team. I was thinking of swapping him for Vargas.Is this a good deal?[/quote']

No brainer. Good deal. Unless Aurelio turns in another good season, his 91 is unsafe. He has no NT football to help consolidate his current rating. Throw in his long-term injury and the impressive form of Insua and it gets all the more ominous for Aurelio. Definite dropper to 90 I feel.

Vargas has been a man reborn since playing further up front on the left channel for the Viola this season. Although Fiorentina have been a mixed bag this season so Vargas will probably remain a 90 for now. Safe rating though but will change to LM/LB.

Some other good LBs? Easy. Some safe 90s would include Fernando Navarro. He's an unspectacular player, but consistent. Marcelo would be worth a gamble after taking the LB spot at Real Madrid, he should remain a LB for now. Rising 89s would probably be your best punt. Riise has been one of Roma's best players this season and could sneak a rise to 90, although Roma's indifferent form might count against him. Schafer, Taiwo, Luís Kasmirski Felipe could be decent buys too. Alternatively you might to consider Benoît Assou-Ekotto, he's a rising player, although not a good one. of course Criscito should be the best buy, but he plays on the left-wing sometimes too so you got to consider that.

After reading all the comments here I've shortlisted all the players recommended and thought in the best possibilities of purchasing them. Here are my conclusions:

Marcelo was my favourite LB, but he is out of question as the manager was peremptorious in denying any approach for him.

Vargas was, like I suggested, my first option, being a safe 90 helps, but I want a clear LB, and not an adaptation. Otherwise I would buy someone like Fucile or Arbeloa.

Fernando Navarro could be an option, but I regard him as a bit... meh.

This rules out any 90+ rated LB I could consider having. Which means I will have to stick to a 89 who will rise to 90.

Taiwo is in Liverpool being their only LB I doubt the manager would consider any bids.

Riise is to old.

I already have Insua and Andre Santos, but those are too low rated, even after their rises (86/87 and 88 respectively). And I have Cissokho too, for the matter.

Schafer would then be the best option.

So would Navarro be a good player instead of Vargas or is Schafer worth the gamble instead?

After reading all the comments here I've shortlisted all the players recommended and thought in the best possibilities of purchasing them. Here are my conclusions:

Marcelo was my favourite LB' date=' but he is out of question as the manager was peremptorious in denying any approach for him.

Vargas was, like I suggested, my first option, being a safe 90 helps, but I want a clear LB, and not an adaptation. Otherwise I would buy someone like Fucile or Arbeloa.

This rules out any 90+ rated LB I could consider having. Which means I will have to stick to a 89 who will rise to 90.

Taiwo is in Liverpool being their only LB I doubt the manager would consider any bids.

Riise is to old.

I already have Insua and Andre Santos, but those are too low rated, even after their rises (86/87 and 88 respectively). And I have Cissokho too, for the matter.

So would Navarro be a good player instead of Vargas or is Schafer worth the gamble instead?[/quote']

I would get Schafer, he's on the lowest wages among the 3, in UEFACL, regular in both league and UEFACL. Add that to a couple of caps, with 4 assists in ALL competitions (Cup, League, UEFACL), you know what to do(Get him):)

(sorry for all the repetition)

Marcelo was my favourite LB' date=' but he is out of question as the manager was peremptorious in denying any approach for him.

Riise is to old.

So would Navarro be a good player instead of Vargas or is Schafer worth the gamble instead?[/quote']

Navarro will be safest option,his rating will safe at 90 but won't rise as he isn't in Spain NT. Also,he'll keep LB as his first position. Schafer 100% will rise,but tbh i'm not too sure he'll go to 90 directly. He likely to rise to 89 in next changes then Wolfsburg and his form this season will influence SM to decide whether he deserved 90 or not. Also, why you don't buy Alvaro Pereira. I don't need to tell you more about him,right? I think there's outside chance he can be 90 in the end of season

I would get Schafer' date=' he's on the lowest wages among the 3, in UEFACL, regular in both league and UEFACL. Add that to a couple of caps, with 4 assists in ALL competitions (Cup, League, UEFACL), you know what to do(Get him):)

(sorry for all the repetition)[/quote']

Yup, his stats look good. But not enough for a straight 90 I think. And I need a 90 or near future 90 player.

Navarro will be safest option' date='his rating will safe at 90 but won't rise as he isn't in Spain NT. Also,he'll keep LB as his first position. Schafer 100% will rise,but tbh i'm not too sure he'll go to 90 directly. He likely to rise to 89 in next changes then Wolfsburg and his form this season will influence SM to decide whether he deserved 90 or not. Also, why you don't buy Alvaro Pereira. I don't need to tell you more about him,right? I think there's outside chance he can be 90 in the end of season[/quote']

I think I will go for Navarro, yes. Alvaro Pereira was taken by a fellow friend of mine. He was looking for a LB and I recommended him Alvaro Pereira :o:p.

Insua has been called up to NT' date=' looking very good for a healthy rise.[/quote']

So I heard. But I already have Insua.

Well, thanks guys. I'm giving you all a little present :P.