Valencia Player Analysis

As some forumers will know Valencia are my favorite team in Spain and I've been following theit progress for a few seasons now. I wouldn't say I support them (I just enjoy watching them play) and will try to give an honest account of how I think each individual is playing, and how they may fair come the Spanish rating changes.

Domínguez CESAR SANCHEZ started the season as second choice keeper behind Moya despite his amazing form last season. However after some brilliant performences in the Europa League he's managed to push Moya out of the way to regain hi starting position. Since then he has done a very good job, saving Valenica on many occasions.88 -> 89

Miguel Ángel MOYA was signed from Mollorca for a fee of €6.000.000. Straight away he became first team goalkeeper ahead of inform Cesar and Renan. Although he made a solid start in goal, the great form of Cesar has meant he's now the number 2. He still plays in the Europa and Copa Del Rey so should keep his rating, but he won't rise for now. 87 -> 87

Jérémy MATHIEU was signed as a free transfer, yet the fans of Valencia had big expectations for him. He started very slowly, and defensively he still needs to learn a lot especially with regard to his positioning. Lately he has improved and is now competing with Brunu for the starting left back spot. Will stay for now. 88 -> 89

Asier DEL HORNO hasn't played games of any relevance. It's crazy to think he was worth £12 million to Chelsea 4 years back. 87 -> 86

Luis MIGUEL's lost a lot of pace and isn't the player he was a couple of years back. He doesn't look the same defensively or going forward. He's also turned up late to training on a number of occasions and isn't in the coach's 'best books'. Although he started the season as a starter, it seems he is slowly being forced out the team. 91 -> 90

Grau BRUNO SALTOR has been Mr. Versatile this season fitting in at left back or right back when needed. He hasn't necessarily stood out, but he hasn't made any mistakes of note either. Consistent defender, small rise is on the cards. 88 -> 89 RB -> RB/LB

Carlos MARCHENA he started off the season playing regularly, but playing to a poor standard. He then got injured, but is now trying to work his way back into the first team. He did start against Osasuna yesterday (22nd November) and infact did very well (best I've seen all season from him). If he plays like that every game then he'll stay at 91, but based on his performences prior to that a drop is likely. I still think when Fernandez is fit he'll take the starting place. 91 -> 90 CB/DM -> DM/CB

Pedrós DAVID NAVARRO has managed to "win" a position in the starting 11 ahead of Alexis and has formed a very good center back partnership with Dealbert. Since he's started playing regularly Valencia's defensive record has been much better, and this has not happened by chance. 88 -> 89

Ángel DEALBERT has been a revolutionary signing for Valencia his season. Signed from Castellon (2nd division) on a free transfer many weren't expecting him to have a huge role. To their surprise he has been a regular at the back and one of the most reliable defenders as well. Infact that's an understatement, he has been Valencia's best defender this season - and better than Albiol was last season. 85 -> 88

Ruano ALEXIS started the season as a starter but has played less and less of a part lately. This is mainly due to the form of the other two center backs. He's had some very good games when he has played, but has also looked shaky and made mistakes in games as well. Certainly won't rise but should JUST about keep his rating. I wouldn't rule out a drop though. 89 -> 89 Def -> CB/LB

Rodríguez VICENTE hasn't yet played this season. He's been unfortunate in his career with injuries and now fallen out with the gaffer. If he'd stayed fit throughout all those years he'd probably he rate 92/93 by now. He's a really quality player, just very unlucky. Still, if he was to drop he'd be MASSIVELY underrated, and therefore should stay. 88 -> 88

Ramos JORDI ALBA showed he had a lot of talent a couple of years back for the Spanish Under 19's setup. He spent last year on loan at Gimnastic where he did exceedingly well. This year he's got the hard task of trying to get games when the likes of Silva, Mata and Vincente are competing for the same sort of positions. When he was given a chance against Valladolid, he sadly missed a sitter from a couple of yards out. More minutes lately mean he may be in for a small rise. 80 -> 83

Sánchez JOAQUIN is a very useful player and fantastic coming off the bench and livening Valencia's attack towards the end of the game. He'd be starting for just about any other team in Spain, but unluckily has some of the best competition around. There's still no doubt he's quality and he should keep his rating, although a drop can't be totally ruled out. 90 -> 90

Dominguez PABLO HERNANDEZ is my favorite Valencia player, probably the most underrated player on SM and one of the most talented, tricky wingers in the world. Fact. He's immense and the sole reason quality players such as Joaquin have to settle for a place on the bench. He runs at players, gets past them, has a brilliant cross, great shot and tremendous technique. The complete winger. He was voted no. 2 in Valencia's fans player of the year last season, and this campaign may easily get to number 1. He's got 6 goals and 6 assists this season in 16 games, which looks very good on paper. You've just gotta love him. Finally now he's getting a look in for Spain, and scored in a game against Österreich coming off the bench at half time. 88 -> 90/91

Henriques MANUEL FERNANDES The sooner he's back the better. He's better than the likes of Arbelda, Baraja and Marchena. For now though he should stay. 89 -> 89

Rubén BARAJA is very rarely used as a sub in the league despite all Valenica's injuries. May drop 1, maybe 2. 89 -> 88/87

Éver BANEGA has been the surprise of this season. In a good way. I've watched him in the past years and not been too impressed, but this season is different. His passing has been second to none this season, and he's shown great creativity. He's won over the Valencia fans, and atm I can't see anyone his age, in his position doing better than him. 88 -> 89

Ignacio GONZALEZ. Who? I hear you shout. I'm asking myself the same question now...

Ángel MICHEL is very versatile in midfield and is getting more and more game time. I don't think he's the right partner for Banega in CM though. A more defensive minded player is needed. However I think Michel will start to feature more and more over the coming season. 80 -> 83

David ALBELDA was once quality in the defensive midfield role. Sadly he isn't anywhere near that standard anymore. Despite some decent(ish) form of late, i think 91 is too high. 91 -> 90/91

Hedwiges MADURO is a decent defender/DM. He should be playing more often, but can't get past the formidable 2 center back's. He shoudl still stay though. 88 -> 88

Josué DAVID SILVA. We all know about him and what he is capable of. This season he's playing even better than last. Every game he plays his market price goes up and up. If Liverpool want him in January we'll probably be told to pay £30. 50/50 whether or not he rises. 93 -> 93/94

Castro IAGO IGLESIAS. See Ignacio GONZALEZ.

Juan Manuel MATA is again well known about on SM. Some games he looks totally dead in, yet in other's he's immense. I think Pablo, Silva and Villa are more important though. I'm stuck between whether he'll rise or stay. I'm sure you all have your own opinion. 91 -> 91.

Vicente JOAQUÍN CALDERON. I haven't yet seen the youngster play. 77 -> 77

Sánchez DAVID VILLA. He's playing as well as ever even if his critics may suggest otherwise. 23 goals (in all competitions) already this season tells it's own stroy. 96 -> 96

Nicolás MIKU. He scored a hattrck on his European debut. He seems a decent player and a useful goalscorer the Venezuela international. 84 -> 86

Nikola ZIGIC. The beast can score goal but hasn't been given much of a chance yet this season. Valencia only start 1 up front, and that forward's gonna be Villa every day of the week (providing he's fit). Still, his international will mean he keeps his rating. 89 -> 89

Loaned OUT

Brito RENAN. 3rd choice keeper at Valencia which is the reason he's out on loan. Deportivo Xerez (the club he's at) sit one off the bottom, with the worst goal difference and only 7 points. 88 -> 86

Vicente GUAITA, as 4th choice keeper, was also allowed to go out on loan. He's broken into the team at Recreativo Huelva playing the last 6 games. 3 yellow cards in that time though... tut, tut, tut. 78 -> 81

Emiliano MORETTI was wanted out by Valencia and is now at Genoa on loan. Not a brilliant defender. Should drop. 91 -> 90

Thiago CARLETO started very well on loan at FC Elche scoring goals in both his first 2 games. Has since not played as much, but should still see a small rise. Also I THINK (not 100%) he's been playing in a more advanced winger role. 75 -> 78 LB -> LB/LM (not 100%)

Stephen SUNNY is not getting a look in for Valencia so was sent on loan to Real Betis in the Segunda División. Well Betis are having a poor season and sadly Sunny hasn't been able to light up their world so far. 85 -> 83

Hugo VIANA again wasn't getting a look in for Valenica so crosed the border to play for Sporting de Braga. Braga are having a very good season and Viana is definitely one of their top attacking players. He's played every game and scored roughly 1 goal every 2 games. 85 -> 87 CM/LM -> AM/LM

Esclapez AARON NIGUEZ started well but has recieved a bad injury (Torn Knee Ligament) keeping him ot until March '10. 80 -> 80

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As some forumers will know Valencia are my favorite team in Spain and I've been following theit progress for a few seasons now. I wouldn't say I support them (I just enjoy watching them play) and will

Re: Valencia Player Analysis Thread completely updated! Every single player re-reviewed, with new predictions and new comments. Also finished the players on loan section. Sorry I diddn't answer ear

Re: Valencia Player Analysis (Just Updated...) I got everything spot on except: Marchena - Stayed 91 and his position stayed CB/DM. Can someone explain this to me? When he's played he hasn't been gr

Re: Valencia Player Analysis

As some forumers will know Valencia are my favorite team in Spain and I've been following theit progress for a few seasons now. I wouldn't say I support them (I just enjoy watching them play) and will try to give an honest account of how I think each individual is playing' date=' and how they may fair come the Spanish rating changes.

[b']Domínguez CESAR SANCHEZ[/b] is very solid when called upon and did a fantastic job last season to boost fans confidence after the "iffy" performences last season from other keepers. Sadly the arrival of Moya means Cesar is no longer starting and this could result in his rating dropping to 87 once again. 88 -> 87

Miguel Ángel MOYA was signed from Mollorca for a fee of €6.000.000. Straight away he became first team goalkeeper ahead of in form Cesar and Renan. So far he's doen a good job in goal and should see a rise on SM. 87 -> 88

Jérémy MATHIEU. The talented left wing back hasn't yet liven up to his expectations, and his played quite poorly when called upon. Defensively, he still needs to learn a lot and his positioning could be better. He'll need to improve to keep his rating. 88 -> 88

Asier DEL HORNO hasn't been given a chance yet this season despite the poor form of the rest of the Valencia defense. It's crazy to think he was worth £10 million to Chelsea 4 years back. 87 -> 86

Luis MIGUEL's lost a lot of pace and isn't the player he was a couple of years back. He doesn't look the same defensively or going forward. He's slowly being eased out of the first team with Bruno taking his place. 91 -> 90

Grau BRUNO SALTOR is getting a good amount of time on the pitch and is doing alright in defense. However, he isn't standing out, and doesn't deserve a rise. 88 -> 88.

Carlos MARCHENA is playing regularly, although is the weak link of the midfield imho. He was once a good player, but like others in the Valencia team is going down hill. He's starting ahead of Arbelda and Baraja, but as soon as Fernandez is back from injury he'll surely be made to sit on the bench. 91 -> 90

Pedrós DAVID NAVARRO isn't getting much game time and will struggle to keep his rating if he doesn't get more. Not much to comment on really. 88 -> 87

Ángel DEALBERT is one of the few positives coming out of a poor Valencia defense atm. Signed from Castellon (2nd division) on a free transfer many weren't expecting him to have a huge role. To their surprise he has been a regular at the back and one of the most reliable defenders as well. 85 -> 88

Ruano ALEXIS has been played at left back and center back this season depending on where he's needed most. He's had some very good games, but has also looked shaky and made mistakes in games as well. 89 -> 89

Rodríguez VICENTE hasn't yet played this season. He's been unfortunate in his career with injuries. If he'd stayed fit throughout all those years he'd probably he rate 92/93 by now. He's a really quality player, just very unlucky. 88 -> 88

Ramos JORDI ALBA showed he had a lot of talent a couple of years back for the Spanish Under 19's setup. He spent last year on loan at Gimnastic where he did exceedingly well. This year he's got the hard task of trying to get games when the likes of Silva, Mata and Vincente are competing for the same sort of positions. When he was given a chance against Valladolid, he sadly missed a sitter from a couple of yards out. 80 -> 80

Sánchez JOAQUIN is a very useful player and fantastic coming off the bench and livening Valencia's attack towards the end of the game. He'd be starting for just about any other team in Spain, but unluckily has some of the best competition around. There's still no doubt he's quality and he should keep his rating. 90 -> 90

Dominguez PABLO HERNANDEZ is my favorite Valencia player, probably the most underrated player on SM and one of the most talented, tricky wingers in the world. Fact. He's immense and the sole reason quality players such as Joaquin have to settle for a place on the bench. He runs at players, gets past them, has a brilliant cross, great shot and tremendous technique. The complete winger. He was voted no. 2 in Valencia's fans player of the year last season, and this campaign may easily get to number 1. Already got MoM 3 times out of 5 league games. He's scored goals and got assists as well. You've just gotta love him. Finally now he's getting a look in for Spain. 88 -> 90/91

Henriques MANUEL FERNANDES The sooner he's back the better. Players like Arbelda, Baraja and Marchena just aren't good enough. For now though he'll stay. 89 -> 89

Rubén BARAJA is not even getting a look in any more. 89 -> 87

Éver BANEGA has been the surprise of this season. In a good way. I've watched him in the past years and not been too impressed, but this season is different. His passing has been second to none this season, and he's shown great creativity. He's won over the Valencia fans, and atm I can't see anyone his age, in his position doing better than him. 88 -> 90

Ignacio GONZALEZ. Who? I hear you shout. I'm asking myself the same question now...

Ángel MICHEL is very versatile in midfield and is getting more and more game time. I don't think he's the right partner for Banega in CM though. A more defensive minded player is needed. However I think Michel will start to feature more and more over the coming season. 80 -> 83

David ALBELDA was once quality in the defensive midfield role. Sadly he isn't any more. Valencia need to move forward. 91 -> 89

Hedwiges MADURO is a decent defender. Should be fighting to start. 88 -> 88

Josué DAVID SILVA. We all know about him and what he is capable of. This season he's playing even better than last. Every game he plays his market price goes up and up. If Liverpool wasnt him in January we'll probably be told to pay £30. No rise though yet. 93 -> 93

Castro IAGO IGLESIAS. See Ignacio GONZALEZ.

Juan Manuel MATA is again well known about on SM. I have to admint I think he was slightly better last season (he's doing well this season as well, just maybe not quite as sharp). I'm stuck between whether he'll rise or stay. I'm sure you all have your own opinion. 91 -> 91/92.

Vicente JOAQUÍN CALDERON. I haven't yet seen the youngster play. 77 -> 77

Sánchez DAVID VILLA. He's playing as well as ever even if his critics may suggest otherwise. 7 games, 7 goals this season tells it's own stroy. 95 -> 95

Nicolás MIKU. He hasn't yet features in the league. But he did score a hattrck on his European debut. He seems a decent player and a useful goalscorer the Venezuela international. 84 -> 86

Nikola ZIGIC. The beast can score goal but hasn't been given much of a chance yet this season. Valencia only start 1 up front, and 19 times out of 20 that forward's gonna be Villa. 89 -> 88

Loaned OUT

Brito RENAN. 3rd choice keeper at Valencia which is the reason he's out on loan. Deportivo Xerez (the club he's at) sit bottom, with the worst goal difference and not a single point yet. 88 -> 86

Vicente GUITA, as 4th choice keeper, was also allowed to go out on loan. He was signed up by Recreativo Huelva, but hasn't yet done anything other than watch from the bench. 78 -> 78

more loanies to be added later...

Do you think that Pablo Hernandez will get to 90?...i want to get senderos for him?

David Villa is 96' date=' so I'm guessing mis-typed 96 -> 96? Anyway good predictions. ;)[/quote']

Yeah, just a typo. I've edited the first post.

Do you think that Pablo Hernandez will get to 90?...i want to get senderos for him?

Yeah' date=' he definitely deserves it. Pablo > Senderos. Pablo is one of the best wingers around, whilst Senderos hasn't managed an EPL start this season, and only made 7 Serie A starts last season. No brainer imo.

Henriques MANUEL FERNANDES The sooner he's back the better. Players like Arbelda' date=' Baraja and Marchena just aren't good enough. For now though he'll stay. 89 -> 89

Hi Ben

Just how injured is Manuel Fernandes? Will he be out for long? I'm thinking of cashing in on him (leaving myself with an option to buy him back at a later date of course :))

Hi Ben

Just how injured is Manuel Fernandes? Will he be out for long? I'm thinking of cashing in on him (leaving myself with an option to buy him back at a later date of course :))

According to my sources he's back from his calf injury in an estimated 6 days. Whether that's when he's back to training, or ready to get game time again I'm not sure. Also with the type of injury it is, if he's rushed back he could be sidelined once again. Unless you're desperate for the cash, I'd keep hold of him for now, because if he recovers as soon as is expected, he's a very useful player to have.

• 3 weeks later...

Miguel Moya 87 - 88/89

Ruano Alexis 89 - 89/90

Ángel Dealbert Ibáñez 85 - 86/87

Asier Del Horno 87 - 86/87

Hedwiges Maduro 88 - 88

Carlos Marchena91 - 91

Jérémy Mathieu 88 - 89/88

Luis Miguel 91 - 91/90

David Navarro 88 - 88/89

Bruno Saltor 88 - 88/89

David Albelda 91 - 91/90

Ever Banega 88 - 89/90

Rubén Baraja 89 - 88

Manuel Fernandes 89 - 88

Pablo Hernandez 88 - 89/90

David Silva 93 - 94

Juan Manuel Mata 91 - 92/93

David Villa 96 - 96

Nikola Zigic 89 - 89/90

here are my ratings mate. why should Mata get a 92/93 and why shouldnt Silva get a 94?

Some positive news for Valencia is Manuel Fernandes is now fit again and played the full 90 minutes for Portugal on Wednesday. With Marchena injured, Fernandez looks set to partner Banega in the center of Midfield (Something I've been looking forward to for a while).

I've also changed my predicition slightly on the goalkeepers, as Cesar looks like he has won back the number 1 shirt.

Hi Ben' date=' how sure are you that Banega will get 90? If it's a dead cert then i'm going to sell Matteo Brighi to afford him[/quote']

He deserves it, but it isn't a certainty. Based on stats, he deserves 89. Based on performances and stats together he deserves 90. It'll come down to how often the researchers have seen Valencia play.

DAvid Navarro has started playing a bit more now hasnt he? do you still think he'll drop?

I still think he'd edge a drop if the ratings were done today. If he can play more' date=' and at a decent standard, he may just hold on.

Miguel Moya 87 - 88/89

Ruano Alexis 89 - 89/90

Ángel Dealbert Ibáñez 85 - 86/87

Asier Del Horno 87 - 86/87

Hedwiges Maduro 88 - 88

Carlos Marchena91 - 91

Jérémy Mathieu 88 - 89/88

Luis Miguel 91 - 91/90

David Navarro 88 - 88/89

Bruno Saltor 88 - 88/89

David Albelda 91 - 91/90

Ever Banega 88 - 89/90

Rubén Baraja 89 - 88

Manuel Fernandes 89 - 88

Pablo Hernandez 88 - 89/90

David Silva 93 - 94

Juan Manuel Mata 91 - 92/93

David Villa 96 - 96

Nikola Zigic 89 - 89/90

here are my ratings mate. why should Mata get a 92/93 and why shouldnt Silva get a 94?

I disagree with a lot of this tbh. Manuel is now fit and won't drop. Albelda is a certain dropper. Why would Navarro rise? Why shouldn't Marchena drop? He's been awful. And why should Alexis rise?

As for Mata, he could rise to 92, but 93 is too steep. His league form is no better (even possibly slightly worse) than last season. The only thing that could possible give him a rise is his international goals.

Silva, like Mata, has had some great international form, but his league form means he probably won't rise this time round.

Hi Ben what you think about Thiago CARLETO?

He's definitely a promising talent and as Valencia haven't got a stand out left back atm, he could make the position his in a few seasons time. This season on loan at Elche will be a big one for him. If he can hold a regular place in their team and keep up his good performences he may get a chance at Valencia next season. So far he's done well scoring 2 goals in 4 games, and hopefully this form will continue. The only thing that concerns me is the vast amount of cautions he's picking up.

@Vlad - I will review the ratings again after the Barcelona game. I think you have a point with Zigic (especially as Villa will miss a couple of games through injury), but I still think Maduro will get more games and can hold on to 88.

He's definitely a promising talent and as Valencia haven't got a stand out left back atm' date=' he could make the position his in a few seasons time. This season on loan at Elche will be a big one for him. If he can hold a regular place in their team and keep up his good performences he may get a chance at Valencia next season. So far he's done well scoring 2 goals in 4 games, and hopefully this form will continue. The only thing that concerns me is the vast amount of cautions he's picking up.

[/quote']

Thanks, that is great!:D

Very nice predictions Ben!

By the way, do you think Cesar Sanchez may have a chance to keep Moya on the bench if he can carry on his good form now?

I watched the match Valencia Vs Barca. Albelda seemed to be good enough at 91 level. Are you sure he's a certain dropper to 90? I have him as my 1st choice DM in my Hamburger, and can't get any other good DM now. I hope he may still have some chances to stay. Is it possible if Valencia can continue the current form? Thanks!

Very nice predictions Ben!

By the way' date=' do you think Cesar Sanchez may have a chance to keep Moya on the bench if he can carry on his good form now?

I watched the match Valencia Vs Barca. Albelda seemed to be good enough at 91 level. Are you sure he's a certain dropper to 90? I have him as my 1st choice DM in my Hamburger, and can't get any other good DM now. I hope he may still have some chances to stay. Is it possible if Valencia can continue the current form? Thanks![/quote']

I must admit I was extremely shocked with the 0-0 result. Probably the 2 most attacking teams in Spain and no goals :eek:.

I thought Bruno did an excellent job at left back keeping Messi totally out of the game. Miguel did well to keep Pedro in his pocket, and Dealbert and Navarro were also solid and commanding. Just a shame for Valencia Barcelona's defense was equally as good (and of course they didn't have Villa playing).

I think Cesar, even at 38, is better than Moya. Don't get me wrong, Moya's a good keeper, you just feel safer with Cesar behind the defense. He did make a mistake with Yaya's shot at the end of the game, but overall I think the gaffa has to go with him now. Then next season Moya and Renan can once again try and fight for the no.1 shirt.

Albelda wasn't bad against Barcelona, however he has to drop to 90. The Barcelona game was his first league start of the season and although at times he did well starting off play and trying to create attacks once again his tackling was often late and he was lucky he didn't pick up a yellow card much earlier in the game. Personally, I think Manuel Fernandez and Banega will own that position for years to come.

I must admit I was extremely shocked with the 0-0 result. Probably the 2 most attacking teams in Spain and no goals :eek:.

I thought Bruno did an excellent job at left back keeping Messi totally out of the game. Miguel did well to keep Pedro in his pocket' date=' and Dealbert and [b']Navarro were also solid and commanding[/b]. Just a shame for Valencia Barcelona's defense was equally as good (and of course they didn't have Villa playing)

good good, i just spent 9m on him in a gold championship :D

Hi guys' date=' I've got the chance to swap my denilson for pablo hernandez+ some money. Should I do this?

I know he will rise next changes but is he likely to be a 91 soon?[/quote']

IMO Denilson Pereira Neves is gonna stay the same and Pablo Hernandez is gonna rise to 89/90 i think u should do it! B)

Hi guys' date=' I've got the chance to swap my denilson for pablo hernandez+ some money. Should I do this?

I know he will rise next changes but is he likely to be a 91 soon?[/quote']

Yeah, do it. Although I've got Pablo down as 90/91, knowing SM the upper of his prediction won't happen. 90 is pretty much assured though.Like I said in the first post he's future 93/94 anyway so do it.

Denilson is likely to stay for now.