Michael Dawson

Re: Michael Dawson

Dawson a great defender,yeah still young learning his trade.but awsesome.watched him play for a few years at forest before he moved to spurs.big lad.good head on his shoulders.reads the game well.without a doubt if not now in a year or 2.will be a england regular.mr consistancy.

• 1 month later...

i think michael dawson should go up to 90. this season for spurs he has played over 50 games and according to martin jol "he has been my player of the season", these are big words especially as spurs have had a very good season with berbatov and keane in red hot form, dawson has also been in every england squad since the summer of 2006 and although he has yet to make his debut im sure he will in friendly games coming up.

im sure you all will point to the fact that tottenham have shipped alot of goals this season, but for most of the season spurs have had ledley king injured, and also robinson has been under performing ;)

i think michael dawson should go up to 90. this season for spurs he has played over 50 games and according to martin jol "he has been my player of the season"' date=' these are big words especially as spurs have had a very good season with berbatov and keane in red hot form, dawson has also been in every england squad since the summer of 2006 and although he has yet to make his debut im sure he will in friendly games coming up.

im sure you all will point to the fact that tottenham have shipped alot of goals this season, but for most of the season spurs have had ledley king injured, and also robinson has been under performing ;)[/quote']

player of the season? is he forgetting Berbatov maybe? :confused: i agree he should go up to 90 but he hasnt been his best this season you gotta admit..

nah just an average defender for me 89 is about right he will never up root terry, ferdinand, carragher or woodgate so england is out of the question as he is miles behind them even miles behind his mate king. not a bad defender but one of those who would never go 90 or higher because not good enough even his bad backpass to robinson against blackburn shows he doesnt have the right composure but i wouldnt say lower then 89 because 89 is perfect for him

biased :rolleyes: ' date=' jealous of tottenham having a quality[u']english[/u] defender ;) , dawson has a huge future could be england CB for years, although behind terry, ferdinand, carra, king, woodgate lol

??? JELOUS of a english defender?? it doesnt bother me we dont need a english defender when we have toure and gallas. dawson doesnt have a huge future he is too old to have done nothing he should be challenging for england now but he can't and never will.

dawson has reached his potential and won't get any better now just stay the same

CB for years???? he might get about 5 appearances before he retires if he is lucky with injuries and that

Clichy doesnt have a huge future he is too old to have done nothing he should be challenging for France now but he can't and never will.

clichy has reached his potential and won't get any better now just stay the same

LB for years???? he might get about 5 appearances before he retires if he is lucky with injuries and that

oh yeah clichy has never been in the france squad and france only have abidal and evra LOL not world class Left backs are they mate?

players usually reach there potential between 25-29' date=' dawson isn't even 25 and defenders only get better with age mate ;)[/quote']

Dawson has been colossal at the back for Spurs this season. He can deal with pace and strength. At only 25, he's definitely going to improve, it's just a shame that his generation created so many quality English defenders so I can't see him making a mark in the England set-up :(

He showed his class when he kept Viduka quiet in the game near the end of the season - not even John Terry could manage that in two seasons.