Sports Injuries.

Greener-09

Re: Sports Injuries.

It's always my right knee that goes. I've done my ACL a couple of times but, as daft as it sounds, it didn't really hurt that much when I did it either time, just heard a pop and my knee went. The worst I've had for immediate pain was when I dislocated my knee cap, it's not the best feeling in the world when you look down and see the thing sticking out the right hand side of the knee instead of where it should be in the middle.

i have wrecked my knee twice in 10 months

first time playing sunday league the second playing cricket 4 weeks ago :(

aww :( jeez i know how u feel a little bit :( Knee injuries are terrible. Was out for 2 months this summer :/ something with the tendons and nerves on the front of my kneecap.. they were been put under strain by my kneecap as the muscles in my knee and around my knee were growing faster than my bones and putting pressure on the bones!! I was able to play but was warned not to for a while or some tendons could tear with the pressure of running and i could be out for months! tis terrible when ur injured :/..... anyhow everyone get well soon!! :D

jeez!! how old r u???? not a personal question LOL!"! Jus wanna know how long u been playing for!! thats a lot of inuries!! :/

I'm only 15 mate, 16 in October. :o

I broke my ankle twice, when I was in year 5 and then year 6 so I think 9/10 & 11 years old.

And I have weak joints, and when I was younger my shoulder use to pop out of the socket very frequently, when I was like 3/4 it was like the 5th time I dislocated my shoulder I was on BBC News, my nan has the video of me and my mum somewhere. lol

But yeah, I'm pretty injury prone, not so bad now as I use to be, but get a lot of niggles. :(

I'm only 15 mate' date=' 16 in October. :o

I broke my ankle twice, when I was in year 5 and then year 6 so I think 9/10 & 11 years old.

And I have weak joints, and when I was younger my shoulder use to pop out of the socket very frequently, when I was like 3/4 it was like the 5th time I dislocated my shoulder I was on BBC News, my nan has the video of me and my mum somewhere. lol

But yeah, I'm pretty injury prone, not so bad now as I use to be, but get a lot of niggles. :([/quote']

:( ****!! yeah Hate iNJURIES!!!! always used to get ankle problems when i was 11/12/13/14 but they have cleared up (touch wood) recently its been my knee now :/ but its getting better have played 5 matches since i got back and everything is holding up fine :D Drink some milk ;) lol

:( ****!! yeah Hate iNJURIES!!!! always used to get ankle problems when i was 11/12/13/14 but they have cleared up (touch wood) recently its been my knee now :/ but its getting better have played 5 matches since i got back and everything is holding up fine :DDrink some milk ;) lol

I havent got brittle bones, I dont normally have bone breaks, more muscle pulls, niggles and use to as I said have problems with my joints. :o

Very luckily no major injuries playing football.

Cricket - same two ribs broken twice by the same bowler (never could get that hook shot right) & a handful of broken fingers

But thanks to Fencing the most painful (longest running) injury was tearing the ligaments in my hip & groin so badly i was unable to walk properly for over six months. Still a problem on a cold day now :(

I have to tell you of the worst injury i witnessed though. Competing in a tournament in Paris, my team-mate, Matt, was fencing a German guy. The German's blade broke in the course of making a hit & the broken blade went through Matt's protective clothing & through his scrotum :eek: (luckily missing both nads :o) turning his white breeches almost instantly blood red.

Ah we did laugh!

I suffer from what's known as "Osgood Schlatters Disease" - link

Not half as bad as it used to be mind you, but when they diagnosed me at 13, they said it would go when I stopped growing, I'm 24 now and still affects me (although not to the same extent) Have some terrible aches after games and training, but it's one of those things that you learn to live with :(

I suffer from what's known as "Osgood Schlatters Disease" - link

Not half as bad as it used to be mind you' date=' but when they diagnosed me at 13, they said it would go when I stopped growing, I'm 24 now and still affects me (although not to the same extent) Have some terrible aches after games and training, but it's one of those things that you learn to live with :([/quote']

Had this in my left knee, particulary horrific during winter, from the age of 12 onwards, and the most painful was a broken rib, couldnt breathe properly for ages.

Saying that the Schlatters got alot better, and didnt effect me so much.

These were all footall related, only other sport i competed alot in was Swimming and so injuries dont come by that often :D