Streamlined Transfer Bidding

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Streamlined Transfer Bidding

dunno if this the right thread but since now theres only one value for a player

the chairmans

this problem is more noticeable.

prob is that when u sign a player his value suddenly drops from what the price u paid for the player or the least the other club would sell for

i just signed Ranieri SANDRO this is typical of what i am saying

just bought him for 11m from unmanaged club for min value they would sell

they bought him last season from roma for 6.1m and he played 5 games

now it says he worth £8,610,000 not the 11m i paid and was his value and if i had paid 8.65m for him bet he would be worth less as always when u sign any player when they move they worth alot less money than u had to pay for them!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno if this the right thread but since now theres only one value for a player

the chairmans

this problem is more noticeable.

prob is that when u sign a player his value suddenly drops from what the price u paid for the player or the least the other club would sell for

i just signed Ranieri SANDRO this is typical of what i am saying

just bought him for 11m from unmanaged club for min value they would sell

they bought him last season from roma for 6.1m and he played 5 games

now it says he worth £8' date='610,000 not the 11m i paid and was his value and if i had paid 8.65m for him bet he would be worth less as always when u sign any player when they move they worth alot less money than u had to pay for them![/quote']

So you bought a player that was a star for one team and less than average at your own team...so his value to your team is less than to his old team...doesn't that simply make the game a bit more realistic?

It's the same with 'swap' deals...If you are trying to 'fob' them off with a player below their average of course they will value him less...I like the new transfer system even though it's cost me about 100mill in risers :D

So you bought a player that was a star for one team and less than average at your own team...so his value to your team is less than to his old team...doesn't that simply make the game a bit more realistic?

It's the same with 'swap' deals...If you are trying to 'fob' them off with a player below their average of course they will value him less...I like the new transfer system even though it's cost me about 100mill in risers :D

not really no.... if real madrid pay 80 million for ronaldo then they value him at 80 million surely or when spurs signed pav and paid x for him they would not sell him for less than they paid for him so soon after signing him! only reason why he still there!

plus it was the chairman who allowed u to sign the player for the set amount and he should value the player at how much he paid for that player not a lesser amount

do get what u saying but realistic it is not what team values the worth of a player against players already in the squad not one that i know of!! is the market value that determines a value of a player!

not really no.... if real madrid pay 80 million for ronaldo then they value him at 80 million surely or when spurs signed pav and paid x for him they would not sell him for less than they paid for him so soon after signing him! only reason why he still there!

plus it was the chairman who allowed u to sign the player for the set amount and he should value the player at how much he paid for that player not a lesser amount

do get what u saying but realistic it is not what team values the worth of a player against players already in the squad not one that i know of!! is the market value that determines a value of a player!

But then buying a 'prospect' and selling him after three months is also highly unrealistic :D

But then buying a 'prospect' and selling him after three months is also highly unrealistic :D

i have no intention of selling him or any other player i buy so soon after buying them

if u trying to hint that is a reason for this reduction in value to stop ppl doing so all SM had to do was to increase the length of the transfer ban

i have no intention of selling him or any other player i buy so soon after buying them

if u trying to hint that is a reason for this reduction in value to stop ppl doing so all SM had to do was to increase the length of the transfer ban

Hi Rox,

The 'value' greatly affects players like me who buy lots of 'risers' - it means it's a lot harder for me to make money now...but i guess it does affect players like you as they value can drop by half...

I've seen Aaron Ramsay at Tranmere worth 11 million, but I know he's only worth 4 mill to my team as my average is 91

What I do in that scenario is buy from a club who have a higher rating....

Example - Rodriguez Pedro is worth 5mill to Barcelona - but to my team he is worth 6.4 million...so it kinda works both ways in that respect

Extending the TB isn't really a good option as each season (in most leagues) only lasts three months and it would mean players being TBed for more than a season

also i noticed i had a player that dropped in rating so thought i'd sell him.

the original club bid for him but as always i can get more for him in a swap deal.

infact i paying less than my Chairman Value £10,680,000 so when i sign him

be very intrested to see if he worth £8,560,000 what i paying for him or maybe even less

or the £10,680,000 or maybe more!

i know what u mean about the risers if u buy the players around when they arrive they worth less than u had to pay some by quite a difference and this should not be the case. never used to be like that

i had players that have risen and still not worth wot was originally paid for them!

another thing too when u sign a free agent for 75%

seems he now worth less than wot u paid for him also no business there now either. not that there ever really was, when u take into account the wages u pay him over a period.

does it really make u money unless he rises enough as well.

but it does make it harder to make money from risers

i buying them in the view to them becoming 1st team regulars really not for monetary means as in some setups is hard to sign high rated players unless u pay stupid money, which sometimes your chairman won't even let u pay now either!

is a way to make money from the situation and exploit it to i feel and i wonder if it is happening signing /selling then resigning / reselling a player back to the external club! if it a cash deal or swap deal no matter.as long as they value him at less than your team does.

trust me i just thought of this and the player i doing the swap deal i have swapped twice before but have sold him back twice for cash and can get more money from them for him! this is the 3rd time i have bought him in a swap deal and might sell him back a gain!

• 3 weeks later...

Another case for streamlined transfers

Has anyone else encountered managers who make unrealistic transfer bids and then cancels them?

Example:

You bid for Pique (barca unmanaged). They don't want you to have Pique. Manager B puts in a massive over bid for Pique. Barca accepts the larger of the two bids, in this case the one from manager B. Manager B then cancels the "accepted" deal for Pique. If I rebid for Pique then Manager B puts in another massive deal - even though they just canceled their accepted deal for him!

I have seen this happen a lot lately. Is there any way to stop or prevent it? I would suggest that managers be required to honor any deal once it reaches the "accepted" level.

Is there any way to stop this?

• 2 weeks later...

Another case for streamlined transfers

Has anyone else encountered managers who make unrealistic transfer bids and then cancels them?

Example:

You bid for Pique (barca unmanaged). They don't want you to have Pique. Manager B puts in a massive over bid for Pique. Barca accepts the larger of the two bids' date=' in this case the one from manager B. Manager B then cancels the "accepted" deal for Pique. If I rebid for Pique then Manager B puts in another massive deal - even though they just canceled their accepted deal for him!

I have seen this happen a lot lately. Is there any way to stop or prevent it? I would suggest that managers be required to honor any deal once it reaches the "accepted" level.

Is there any way to stop this?[/quote']

guess thers not, alot u can do.

although if the player keeps doing it i would send a complaint to sm about it, sure they would see it as unsporting and maybe warn the person or even reduce there rep / remove them from the club if they persisted. at least i hope they would. i have not come across this prob myself but thats what i would do!

• 4 months later...

Your Chairman will also inform you the maximum transfer fee that they are willing to pay.

Hi. I noticed a substantial change in the last few days in relation to the maxium transfer fee allowed by the chairman. The problem is that now in many cases the chairman doesn't allow you to offer enough money for a player. Example: the other team asks me 6.5 million for a transfer, but my chairman doesn't allow me to offer more than 6.3 million. How is this possible??? This is completely unrealistic and I think it needs to be fixed. Anyone else experienced the same problem? Best,

Stefano

Hi. I noticed a substantial change in the last few days in relation to the maxium transfer fee allowed by the chairman. The problem is that now in many cases the chairman doesn't allow you to offer enough money for a player. Example: the other team asks me 6.5 million for a transfer' date=' but my chairman doesn't allow me to offer more than 6.3 million. How is this possible??? This is completely unrealistic and I think it needs to be fixed. Anyone else experienced the same problem? Best,

Stefano[/quote']

Its either a bug or a way to stop player hogging

Guest drseanfitz

Hi. I noticed a substantial change in the last few days in relation to the maxium transfer fee allowed by the chairman. The problem is that now in many cases the chairman doesn't allow you to offer enough money for a player. Example: the other team asks me 6.5 million for a transfer' date=' but my chairman doesn't allow me to offer more than 6.3 million. How is this possible??? This is completely unrealistic and I think it needs to be fixed. Anyone else experienced the same problem? Best,

Stefano[/quote']

I found this, tried to sign an 84 and my chairman wouldn't allow me anywhere near the value.(2mil short)

Ive got a Man U team in a custom setup and just went to buy KOLAROV who is still at Lazio in this setup.........His chairman Values him at 7.95Million and mines at 4.28million, but will only allow me to spend upto 7.45million on him so I can't buy him, even though i need cover for that position..

anybody else had this problem

I've also noticed this. Last week i verbally agreed a deal to buy Fabio Coentrao from another manager for 15m.

I went to make my bid yesterday and saw that my chairman will only let me bid 8.1m for him.

8.1m for one of the worlds top young left back/left midfielders! What's going on?

I asked Ste about this and apparently a few minor changes have been made to the CPS which caused some issues; issues which are now rectified.

I expect these were the cause of the issues mentioned on this thread recently, so for those who had problems it might be worth trying again.

Of course, fundamentally the system never has (and still won't) let you make big offers (cash or otherwise) for players that are rated low - or more importantly low compared to your current crop of players - as it takes no account of potential.

• 2 weeks later...

one thing about the new system is if you are 10k short you used to be able to add a 10k player and it was fine, now if your 10k short, you try and add a 10k player but the value of the player you are buying goes up 2.5million

EDIT: another thing, if you swap players in a deal it is worth more to the other team than you just buying the player. So if your paying cash for a player and the other guy is swapping players his deal will always be better than yours.

so does this mean your better off swapping players than buying, as the chairman of the receiving club will always accept the bigger offer

The thing I have noticed is that you can swap lesser rated players directly for higher rated players ie. I swapped Mendes ELIAS (24, 88) for Claudio Marchisio (25, 90) and Elias was worth £12.5M and Marchisio was only worth £12M and Honorato NILMAR (26, 90) for £660k + Kevin MONNET-PAQUET (22, 86), same thing as above, Nilmar worth £10M, Monnet-Paquet worth £9.5M