Re: Gold Championship 3!!!

l_650.gif

172_1203469115.gif

Too close for comfort at the top

272_front_small.gifValencia 2 - 0 Villarreal11_front_small.gif

S. ETO'O (18)

D. DE ROSSI (80)

2779_1209755861.jpg2576_1232642882.jpg

Valencia are fighting to stay at the top of La Liga and played well tonight against a Villarreal team also challenging this season. Cameroonian striker Sammy Eto'o gave Dai Winston's men the perfect start as he rose well above his marker to head the ball home from a corner, his 12th goal of the season. Valencia continued to boss the game and should have doubled their lead on a few occasions but failed.

It took until the 80th minute to finally seal the victory, when De Rossi managed to lose his marker and lash a fierce volley into the net from twelve yards. A great goal to cement the three points.

Valencia are hoping to create a bit of breathing space between themselves and Real Madrid at the top, as long as they keep winning then its in their own hands, but the team from the capital seem relentless and are pushing Winston's team all the way, every week.

tottenhambanner.jpg

80_1217330011.jpg

Tottenham End Bad Run

Tottenham ended there poor run of form on wednesday night when they beat Cardiff 1-0 at White Hart Lane after the game Thomas Ince said "I am delighted we have ended this bad spell this wain will go someway to restoring some confidence in the players"

Tottenham scored the only goal of the game on the 56th minute when Dimitar Berbatov rounded the keeper after recieving a through ball from the returning lennon.

The game was an even one with 54%-46% possesion in favour of Tottenham but with Cardiff having one more attempt at goal

137_1206412606.gif

Almeria have made huge changes in the past few days after appointing their new manager on Friday and the new era kicked off last night with a 3-0 win away at Castellon. A deal was quickly arranged with Zaragoza to secure the signing of Cesar Sanchez for £1 million and he will be first choice keeper until the club can find a younger replacement. A mixture of youth and experience was then added with another 13 players joining;

Ruud Knol - £5.1 million

Montoya Kike Mateo - £4.2 million

Jean-Jaques Pierre - £3.1 million

Chris Porter - £5.5 million

Luis Caicedo - £6 million

Paul Jones - £10k

Rocha Adi - £2.5 million

Jeppe Mehl - £250k

Kamil Vacek - £4.1 million

Bastian Schulz - £750k

Kai Hesse - £250k

Kees Kwakman - £3 million

Aurelian Chedjou - £1 million

(Paul Jones will be back up to Cesar Sanchez with Sander Westerveld expected to leave the club)

tottenhambanner.jpg

80_1217330011.jpg

Tottenham Beat Brimingham

Tottenham travelled away to Birmingham on saturday night and came away 3-1 winners in front of a 30,000 plus St Andrews stadium. After thr game Thomas Ince said " I am delighted with todays win as it moves us back up to the top of the table and this will delight our fans"

Tottenham took the lead on the 17th when Dimitar Berbatov volleyed into the net after the Birmingham defence failed the clear there lines after a corner.

Tottenham doubled there lead on the 32nd minute when Aaron Lennor ran past 3 defenders and slotted home from 10 yards out.

The lead bacame 3-0 when the most unlikely of scores Habib Beye headed home after a Aaron Lennon corner.

Birmingham got a consolation goal on the 88th munute when Mark Viduka placed the ball into the net

• 2 weeks later...

SkySportsLogo.jpg

107_1204588409.gif

Fiorentina, Appoints Vlad!!

This evening, Fiorentina chairman Dai Winston appointed Vlad as the clubs new manager, ''Well, This evening was a very exciting evening, As Dai accepted my Resume to be the new Fiorentina manager, I also pointed out in my resume that I have pride in my teams and for the Players'' said Vlad on Sky Sports news.

''Vlad has sent me a very promising Resume that almost every manager has to accept, He likes his teams and always hopes that he does well, Vlad is also a good friend of mine'' said Dai on Sky Sports.

9_front_small.gif107_1204588409.gif

Vlad announces Squad Captains!!!

107_1204588409.gif12_front_small.gif

2300_1234796077.jpg2285_1209755861.jpg

Martin Jorgensen (Above) has been Nominated by Vlad to be the new Squad captain, Jorgensen is a player who is very good at being the Leader, He also has pride in his teammates and never lets them down'' said Vlad on Sky Sports.

Alessandro Gamberini (Above - Right) has been nominated by Vlad to be Fiorentinas new Vice-Captain, ''Alex believes in him and his teammates that they can win, He is also a player who likes to be a leader, I guarantee you that Gamberini might never been sold unless a good deal comes in'' said Vlad on Sky Sports.

85_front_small.gif281_1226774528.jpg3_front_small.gif

Fairytale Still On!

Racing Clubs Fairytale League title is still on insists Kevin, Racing Club won the American League 2 Seasons ago under Kevin it was there highest league positioning beating Bottom position achieved in the first season, Kevin has turned this team around and announces's himself as the Racing Clubs God, Kevin insists he can win his second title with Racing after going 3 Points behind Leaders Sao Paulo, Racing Club are 2nd and 12 Points ahead of 3rd and are guranteed Europe next season with 4 Games to go, the goal differece isnt in Kevin's favour but Kevin said Sao Paulo can and will slip up like Independentie did 2 seasons ago for Racing to win the league.

tottenhambanner.jpg

80_1217330011.jpg

Tottenham made the short trip across London on Saturday night to take 11th place Chelsea even though Tottenham are sitting high and proud at the top of the table they didn’t need telling twice that tonight’s match would be a difficult game as all London derby’s are. So at 7.45pm the game kicked off with some surprise changes in the Tottenham line up with Niang, Defoe, Karagounis and Agger coming into the starting line up. It was one of those changes that opened the scoring when Niang seized on an error by the Chelsea defence and smashed the ball home to give Tottenham a deserved lead. The lead was doubled on the 32nd minute when Aaron Lennon one of Tottenham`s best performers of the season ran 30 yards up the wing the slt home from 18 yards out. It became 3-0 on the 38th minute when Zokora headed in from a Jermaine Jenas corner which the Chelsea defence failed to clear.

Chelsea were looking a lot better after the second half began and they got a deserved consolation goal in the 55th minute when Essien struck a wonder goal a 35 yard strike that shot like an arrow into the top corner.

Tottenham however were not finished with the game just yet as on the 89th minute Matudi slotted in after some great work by Lennon on the right hand side. After the game Thomas Ince said "I am delighted in the way we demolished Chelsea all game its always nice to get a win over your rivals especially so convincingly however we should not lose our focus as our next game is to 2nd place Liverpool and if we win this game we will extend our lead at the top to 5 points."

3907_1209755861.jpg

Excellent Man Of Match Peformance By Niang

DANDO TAKES OVER AT THE VALLEY

Hayden Dando was today announced as Charlton Athletic's new manager.Dando's appointment comes with Charlton just 3 points away from a european place, with 2 games remaining in the season.

Dando said "I'm delighted to take over at Charlton, we have a decent squad at the moment and in time i will add to it but for now i want to make sure we fight to the death to try to overtake Cardiff and get that european place for next season"

Dando's first game in charge is a visit to the Reebok stadium to take on 5th place Bolton Wanderers

• 2 weeks later...

tottenhambanner.jpg

80_1217330011.jpg

Tottenham End Of Season Review

Tottenham finished the season in second place behind a strong Liverpool team that snatched the title inside the last two games off the season it was a good season whatsoever for Spurs as there team continued there excellent style of play and where dominant until fatigue kicked in which in the end hampered there chance of succeeding on all fronts which was largely disappointing to the fans but they have already promised next season they will go full guns ahead and make sure they regain what they think is rightfully there’s.

Premiership Review

tottenham-table.gif

The season table ended mighty close with the top 3 being separated by only two point which meant any team could of won it but it was Liverpool who had luck on there side so they came out champions of the league even though they could consider themselves very lucky with there end of season defeat that Tottenham followed suit in that way. Derby made a strong end to the season but they were just too far behind at the start of there mighty run of wins.

English Shield And Cup Review

In the cup Tottenham were eliminated in the 2nd round in a shock defeat away to Blackburn which surprised and disappointed many of there fans which made them wonder what was happening to there mighty team.

In the Shield Tottenham did considerably better though as they advanced to the Quarter Finals until they were beaten 4-2 away at Derby which started Derby’s magnificent run of wins.

Smfa Cup Review

smfa-cup.gif

Tottenham were narrowly eliminated in the Major European competition of the season as they were drew in a tough group containing Spanish Giants Villarreal Barcelona and Italian team Torino. It went all they way to the final game of the season and it was a 90th minute goal in the El Madrigal which was enough to send Villarreal through and Tottenham out.

Manager News

There was shocking news 12 games into the starting campaign as manager Danny Boyo was sacked after an argument with the Spurs board and Replaced with Thomas Ince when asked about what he feels about this appointment Thomas Ince said "I am delighted with the opportunity to manager this fantastic club and will look forward to success and working together with the board fans to build a successful club and win trophies and continue the proud tradition of Tottenham Hotspurs football club."

Overall Transfers

7574_1209755861.jpg

Luis Jimenez signed from Villarreal for 14 million and Mido overall he made 17 appearances for the club and scored 3 goals asked about his first season at the club he said "I am happy with my first season obviously I was disappointed not to win the league but ill time will come"

7_1209755861.jpg

Emmanuel Eboue signed for an undisclosed fee from Borussia Dortmund which was very surprising for the Spurs fans as it was common knowledge that Eboue once played for rivals Arsenal asked about why he moved back to North London Eboue said "I am happy with my move back to North London I missed the English way of life and football and wish to get heavily involved with it again."

Overall

Overall Tottenham had a good season but not great one with finishing second in the league and appointing a new manager but the fans were relatively pleased with how it folded out and packed 36,000 in till White Hart Lane to show there appreciation for the teams effort over the season and hopefully the trophies will come in one by one next year."

Fair start to the season for zaragoza

After an amazing finish to last season which saw zaragoza finish 2nd they started this seasons campgain against the newley promoted almeria managed by nathans good friend george. After losing in the chairty shield final on penaltys to madrid zaragoza wanted to get that out of there heads and start thinking about winning the league. They got the perfict start and after 20 min valdo had givin zaragoza the lead with a header from a larsson cross.Almeria then pushed up and leveld the game when pierre volleyed home just after the half hour mark and they almost got another though loaney from zaragoza etherwon but he fired over. The second half started and 10 min in diaz headed home to give zaragoza the lead again but they were frustraited as they coudnt finish off the game and they were made to pay. Pierre scored again with a fine finish which made the game end 2-2.

The top 3 of last season none of them won real madrid lost 2-0 valencia 5-0 :eek: and zaragoza drew will this be a shock season.

Bowen Takes Over As Portsmouth Boss

262_front_small.gif62_1218812976.jpg261_front_small.gif

"The Club Needs Alot Of New Players"

This Morning After A Long Hard Discussion With Portsmouth Chairman Peter Storrie Manager Conor Bowen Has Accepted The Offer Put On The Table For Him, But Bowen Made One Thing Clear, "The Contracts Only For One Season Peter Wanted To Make A Quick Decission As The Team Needs Some Support And Needs Confidence After Previous Managers Wrecked The Team And The New Players Confidence Was Down! The Club Needs Alot Of New Players"

Bowen Has Also Said That Keeper David James Is For Sale, "This Club Needs More Players And If It Takes Me To Trade David For 2 New Players Im Happy To Do That"

james_david_pfc_profile_2007.jpg

Set To Say Goodbye To Fratton Park

Also Tonight Portsmouth Had The Task To Play Southampton In What Was Bowen's First Game, Antonio Caceres Opened The Scoring For Portsmouth, Soon After Angelos Charisteas Doubled There Lead, Before A Fightback From Southampton Saw Portsmouth Drop 2 Valuable Points.

pompey3.jpg

David James Tonight Showed Manager Bowen What He Will Miss With Some Vital Saves, James Was Awarded Man Of The Match, James Spoke To Sky Sports After The Game, "I No The Situation At The Club, The Manager Wants To Make Things Better, I Will Be Sad To Leave, That's If Anyone Makes A Bid (He Joked)"

Zaragoza destroy real betis

Zaragoza faced an apprently tough cup tie tonight after drawing all 3 of there league games real betis who have had a good start to the season were taken apart by zaragozas 2nd team.

The riot started on 4 min as oscer went clean though and finished past betis keeper. about 10 min later micoli then hammerd home the 2nd goal of the game.Zaragoza kept the pressure on but betis kept the score down till half time. But only a min into the 2nd half movilla headed home from a larsson cross to make it 3-0 then di natle scored from the spot to make it 4-0 on the hour mark. Betis got one back thanks to ALBRECHTSEN but then miniutes later bystrov scored from a free kick to make it 5-1 and then with miniutes to go miccoli got his 2nd from the spot again.

Final scored 6-1 :)

Play jacks elche next round of cup i apprenlty got him relegated should be an exiting game :D

62_1218812976.jpg

Portsmouth Update

After The 2-2 Draw With Southampton Portsmouth Have Played 4 Games 3 In The League And 1 In The Cup. Portsmouth Needed The Points So Bowen Brought In A Few Loans Cheers To Nathan Kirby.

League 2

Portsmouth 2-2 Barnsley

Portsmouth Took On Barnsley In Bowen's Second Game For The Club, New Spanish Midfielder Javier Matilla Opening The Scoring. In The Second Half Cesar Gonzalez Made It 1-1, But Soon After Marlon King Made It 2-1 Portsmouth. But Once Again Portsmouth Threw At 1 Goal Lead, Gabriel Obertan Scoring With 6 Minutes Left To Denie Portsmouth 3 Points. Man Of The Match Was Marlon King.

After Barnsley, Portsmouth Had a English Shield Game Against Manchester United, It Was Not Going To Be Easy But Portsmouth Would Give It A Go.

English Shield Round 2

Manchester United 1-2 Portsmouth

Portsmouth Came Into The Game With 1 Loss And 2 Draws In The League And Bowen Told His Players There Was Nothing To Lose. Mohamed Kallon Opening To Scoring For Portsmouth. With The Game Ticking Away Portsmouth Got There 2nd, Roberto Castro Smashing Into The Back Of Net What A Moment For The Young Lad. United Did Pull A Goal Back Though, Cristiano Lucarelli Cooly Slotting Home, The Game Was Set For a Nervy Finish But Portsmouth Held Out And What A Result!!!. Man Of The Match Was Outstanding Keeper David James

2 Days Later And Portsmouth Travelled To Watford For A All Important League Game.

League 2

Watford 0-1 Portsmouth

The First Half Was Quite But Both Teams Had Half Chances. 4 Minutes Into The Second Half And Spanish Midfielder Javier Matilla Smashing In To The Roof Of The Net To Give Portsmouth The 3 Points. Man Of The Match David James

Last Night Saw Portsmouth Take On Stoke City In League 2. Portsmouth Needed The Win To Push Them Up The Table.

League 2

Stoke City 1-2 Portsmouth

Portsmouth Took The Lead On The 19th Minute Through Angelos Charisteas But A Couple Of Minutes Later Bradley Wright Phillips Made It 1-1, But With 13 Minutes Left Fernandes Dady Won The Game For Portsmouth With A Well Taken Goal.

Portsmouth Now Sit 8th In The League, And Face Middlesborough In the Shield 3 Round.

david_james.jpg

Top Class Keeper David James

235_front_small.gif10_1199186160.gif12_front_small.gif

Bradford Announce New Boss.

Earlier This Evening Young Boss Ryan Was Offered To Take Over At 3rd Division Club Bradford City. After A Short Hour Of Thinking, Rookie Boss Ryan Took The Job and Signed a huge 4-Year Deal at The Valley Parade. Ryan Was Announced As New Manager At 8:00 and Was Presented To The Bradford Fans This Same Night.

3347992102_3a53e1103c.jpg

Thousands Of Bradford Fans Showed Up For The Presentation Of Ryan.

Ryan Has Started His New Life In Bradford By Signing Dean Windass For Another Four Years. He Has Also Asked For Managers Of Bigger Clubs To Help Him Out By Loaning 84+ Players.

DeanWindass.jpg

Dean Windass Signs Four Year Deal At Bradford.

• 2 weeks later...

l_650.gif

172_1203469115.gif

Valencia update

Following last seasons end of season blip that cost the team the league title Winston is determined to keep the players minds on the job at hand. All focus is on the league and the Welshman is hopeful of challenging again.

Winston had a break recently but the team didn't lose their way too much and kept in tough with the league leaders. The season is still relatively early so its still all to play for. La Liga is a very tough division with some top managers so it will be tough but Winston is confident.

Season results (so far):

GC3-UPDATE.jpg

Current league table:

GC3-TABLE-1.jpg

Top performers:

983_1209755861.jpg2779_1209755861.jpg17353_1212690124.jpg

Reina has been performing very well this season. Also, both first team strikers, Eto'o and Quagliarella have worked well together and are scoring goals. They are key to any success this season.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Football8

444_1236261503.jpg

32_front_small.gifVelez Sarsfield 1-2 Chivas de Guadalajara61_front_small.gif

Chivas moved up to 5th with a 2-1 victory over Velez Sarsfield. A match completely one sided, with Chivas having 63% of the possession !

It was 10 minutes until the first goal finally(sarcasm) arrived, Patricio Araujo was allowed to use his phenomenal pace to run into the box and lash in a shot which looked like it nearly blew the net off !

With nearly 25 minutes gone, Chivas doubled the lead through Raul Garcia who rifled a shot in off the post !

The home side got their goal with just 6 minutes left, after Adrian Pit dummied the goalie and slid the ball into the empty net !

Chivas held on to the lead to claim the 3 points.

Chivas currently sit 5th, 5 points off the top.

10032_1237998866.jpg6135_1231931681.jpg

The two scorers for Chivas tonight.

• 1 month later...

l_650.gif

172_1203469115.gif

Since the last report, Valencia have been in outstanding form. Losing just two out of the next 15 games and are currently on a 13 game unbeaten run. They sit three points clear at the top of La Liga also.

They disappointingly lost in the Final of the Spanish Shield to Mallorca and Winston wants to make up for it by securing the League title. He has every faith in his players ability but worries about them when it comes to crunch times. They effectively threw the SMFA Shield away last season aswel as the League title so Dai wants them to be strong this season and really show they have learned from thos mistakes.

Winston has been very inactive in the transfer market as he is quite satisfied with the squad he has. He is very happy with the defensive situation and believes the depth in that position is really good. He is slightly worried about not having on out and out defensive midfielder and might go hunting as soon as some competitions end as cup tied players are out of the question.

Cesc Fabregas has been told he can leave the club, but ONLY FOR THE RIGHT DEAL, which must include a defensive midfielder and maybe, an attacker.

19_1226589443.jpg

(Will he Cesc be leaving the Mestalla??)

More to follow soon...

l_650.gif

172_1203469115.gif

Fabregas staying put!

mbo2sl.jpg

Valencia have managed to solve their defensive midfielder problem without having to use Fabregas to lure offers in. Winston was determined to try and keep the young Spaniard but with no luck using other players to trade it was looking increasingly like the only way was to use Cesc.

In a good bit of business which kept Winston busy yesterday, he managed to sign not one, but two defensive midfielders. One just accepted and one actual signing. Fernando Gago has arrived at the Mestalla from West Ham with Stephen Ireland and Cristoph Metzelder moving to Upton Park. Quite a steep price but Winston feels Gago will add so much more to his team.

The other player, who should arrive tomorrow, is Lucas Leiva from Palermo. Jose Angel Crespo is used in a straight swap deal.

12802_1239369416.jpg3467_1240886710.jpg

(Gago and Lucas will be applying their trade at Valencia)

l_650.gif

172_1203469115.gif

Week review:

1st July: League

268_front_small.gifA. Madrid 0 - 1 Valencia270_front_small.gif

J. DAVID SILVA (4)

4th July: League

12_front_small.gifValencia 4 - 0 Valladolid9_front_small.gif

R. CANI (52), (81)

F. QUAGLIARELLA (65)

J. DAVID SILVA (75)

Valencia continue their outstanding form and have moved 5 ponts clear in La Liga following last weeks results. David Silva has returned after quite a lengthy injury layoff and made such an impact. His return has lifted every player.

Valencia outclassed Atletico on Wednesday and really should have made the scoreline show that more but a win is a win and Winston will take that. The result against Valladolid was a bit more of a statement as a poor first half was forgotten as the second half transformation by Valencia saw them easily take the three points.

Hey this is coming from one manager to another. I have received a job offer from stuttgart to manage them in this setup. At the moment i manage Feyenoord. I don't know if i should accept or not. Both teams are good. Sttutgart have a stronger starting 11 with more 90 rated player. However Feyenoord have more depth and more future stars. I don't know what to do! I haven't achieved as much i would like at Feyenoord so maybe i should stay. But then again I've managed them for quite some time maybe its time for someone else to give it ago. Also Sttutgart is in the German league a league I've never managed a team in so it would be new to me. But I might regret leaving Feyenoord if it doesn't go well there. Can someone give me some advice? (ASAP i have to make a decision)

Hey this is coming from one manager to another. I have received a job offer from stuttgart to manage them in this setup. At the moment i manage Feyenoord. I don't know if i should accept or not. Both teams are good. Sttutgart have a stronger starting 11 with more 90 rated player. However Feyenoord have more depth and more future stars. I don't know what to do! I haven't achieved as much i would like at Feyenoord so maybe i should stay. But then again I've managed them for quite some time maybe its time for someone else to give it ago. Also Sttutgart is in the German league a league I've never managed a team in so it would be new to me. But I might regret leaving Feyenoord if it doesn't go well there. Can someone give me some advice? (ASAP i have to make a decision)

Hi Mate, I'd stick with Feyenoord if I was you. I just looked at both teams and I think you have the better squad anyway, and you've got some good young players there aswell. Not saying this coz I want Stuttgart by the way - just incase you thought that was my reason. :)

Guest Football8

444_1236261503.jpg

10_front_small.gif12_front_small.gif

Toluca 0-3 Chivas de Guadalajara

Last night Chivas travelled to Nemesio Diez, the stadium of Toluca, where they were 3-0 winners.

It was 13 minutes into the game, when Endo burst into the box and struck a lethal shot to give Chivas the lead.

On 53 minutes, Niculae doubled the lead, tapping in after the ball fell to him after crashing off the bar.

He grabbed his 2nd with 4 minutes to go, after a good fired shot into the bottom corner of the net !

With Chivas having 66% of the possession, it was hard for Toluca to try and get a goal.

10393_1246096106.jpg5428_1216806090.jpg

The 2 goalscorers for Chivas de Guadalajara.