Gold Championship 3!!!

pthame 3d

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Gold Championship 3!!!

398_1201607911.gif

FC Schalke 04 Update:

This season is currently going well with Schalke. Currently two points off first with 7 game to go. Currently in the Quater - Finals second leg after a 2-2 draw in Madrid. Already won the Charity Shield, knocked out of the German Shield and Knocked out of the German Cup. Rest of the season will hopefully go well. In this season I have signed in Fernando Torres for Wayne Rooney, Ireland for Rakitic and Hamit Altintop, David Luiz for 2m and Marcelinho, Mangala for 4m and Gekas and Craig Eastmond for cash.

398_1201607911.gif3_front_small.png 2-0 385_1205675990.gif10_front_small.png

Veltins Arena

Att: 61,673

FC Schalke 04 managed by: Barry Golden

1. FC Koln managed by: Unmanaged

Schalke moved into second last night, one point behind Hertha with six games to play. Their next game in the league is away to MSV Duisburg.

Dusiburg were up for this from the start and had the first good opportunity of the game when Garcia Calvo shot just wide, eleven minutes in. After that Schalke joined in and Fernando Torres had shot parried to Debutant Eljero Elia who finished the ball into the net. 1-0 Schalke sixteen minutes in. Elia continued to impress the fans and manager twisting and turning his way down the left flank all afternoon. No more opportunities to report of in a dismal first half. 1-0 Schalke at half time.

Todor Palankov missed a sitter for Koln and could have given the visitors something to cheer about had he met the cross which lay infront of him. Elia shot just wide on sixty minutes with a twenty five yard curler which had the fans off their feet. Mirel Radoi came forward for a corner and when the ball fell to his feet all he could do was blast the ball into row Z. Stick to defending chanted the fans. Ehret was brilliant for Koln in the second half. His shot from 25 yards had Amelia beating all ends up but bounced back off the angle and was cleared to safety. Ernst broke free of his marker and the ball fell to his feet from Elia's corner and his shot brought a great save out of Cuenca. Schalke put the game to bed in the eight fifth minute when Cassano placed his shot into the bottom corner with real strikers class to seal the points for Schalke. 2-0 final score.

ENG_-_Elia_248153a.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHK93koL4GAgCyQCJzXzAJyOsIUtQ

Elia's team mates surround him after his opener

cassano_celeb_inter.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFhl5KV5BbNo5mg76Fvsf3n-Wpylg

Cassano celebrates his late goal.

5_1241541577.jpg

Blackburn appoint KopStar on two week contract

Blackburn have appointed high profile Aussie gaffer KopStar on a two week contract to help keep the club out of relegation. KopStar, a manager known to win titles with his teams said this, "I am overwhelmed at the oppurtunity. it may be two weeks but it will be the best two managerial weeks of my life. I cant wait for the first game. The club have lost their last four games.

2773_1243060739.jpg

Giuly- FC Schalke target

FC Schalke were reported to have lodged a bid for French winger Giuly but manager KopStar said this, 'The bid of 13 million was a disgrace. I will not sell for straight cash.' Blackburn staff have confirmed that FC Schalke striker Cassano is a target- is a swap deal on the horizon?

P.S. Took over Scotland as well. Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?

398_1201607911.gif

Schalke 04 manager Barry Golden has spoken about the rumours involving Giuly and Cassano in a possible switch he said,

The rumours about us making a bid for Giuly are correct, he would have added experience to the squad but is not needed to be honest. Cassano moving to Blackburn in exchange for Giuly? This is the first I've heard and its complete tosh. Cassano will not be leaving especially for a deal of that standards.

flag-of-scotland.jpg

KopStar announces squad to face Russia

New Scottish manager KopStar has sprung a number of surprises as he announced his team for the clash against Russia. Scotland are in a tight position. If they win they qualify for the World Cup adn will leapfrog Russia into first place. If they draw and Jamaica beat Norway then they miss out. A loss could have two possible outcomes. A Jamaican loss or draw would see the Scottish progress and a Jamaican win would result in Scottish heart ache. Weir and Heartly were both omitted from the 30 man squad in favour of youngsters Dorrans and Arfield, much to surprise of many.

The final 15 man squad for the clash is:

Goalkeepers

McGregor

Gordon

Defenders

Hutton

Caldwell

McManus

Berra

Fox

Midifelders

Brown

Fletcher

Ferguson

McFadden

Robson

Maloney

Forwards

Boyd

Fletcher

McCormack

Ajax wrap up the league title with 6 games to go' date=' having accumulated a 21 point lead :P.

Good luck in the Cup Quarters, I don't seem to do well in them :o[/quote']

Man, I don't know how you do it! You keep winning the league so comfortably :mad: Its like two divisions in the table; theres your Ajax team and theres the rest. It seems as though my Feyenoord side is 2nd best. I'm waiting for you to quit Ajax so I'm in with a shout of winning it soon! I just can't seem to win anything with them. I've finished runners up for all three domestic competitions in the past. I keep deciding to stay with them because I've had so many job offers like Stuttgart, but I have built an impressive side although yours is crazy for a dutch team. Anway well done on winning the league again.:)

Man' date=' I don't know how you do it! You keep winning the league so comfortably :mad: Its like two divisions in the table; theres your Ajax team and theres the rest. It seems as though my Feyenoord side is 2nd best. I'm waiting for you to quit Ajax so I'm in with a shout of winning it soon! I just can't seem to win anything with them. I've finished runners up for all three domestic competitions in the past. I keep deciding to stay with them because I've had so many job offers like Stuttgart, but I have built an impressive side although yours is crazy for a dutch team. Anway well done on winning the league again.:)[/quote']

Most of (if not all) of the hard work to build this squad was done by the managers before tbh. I bought in a few players (Ferdinand, Lloris, Chyg, Gamberini come to mind), but couldn't have done it without the managers before (think Perry81 was the first manager that made them so good, so thanks to him).

Most of (if not all) of the hard work to build this squad was done by the managers before tbh. I bought in a few players (Ferdinand' date=' Lloris, Chyg, Gamberini come to mind), but couldn't have done it without the managers before (think Perry81 was the first manager that made them so good, so thanks to him).[/quote']

Most of the hard work in my team has been done by me, thats why I'm finding it difficult to leave. I've received an offer from Borussia Dortmund it was a lot more tempting then the Flamengo one. I rejected it although they have a good squad but its still not as good as Feyenoord imo. Btw Maldonado is for sale so cash offers are accepted!!!

398_1201607911.gif3_front_small.png 1-1 163_1254930197.jpg264_front_small.png

Agg: 3-3

FC Schalke 04 progress to the SMFA Champion Cup Semi Finals on away goals rule.

Veltins Arena

Att: 61,673

Real Madrid managed by: Patrick Byrne

stephen_ireland_999949c.jpg&usg=AFQjCNH9sCxOO911l8fftyLM3AQWwl98tg

FC Schalke 04 have progressed to the Semi Finals of the SMFA Champions Cup, setting up a tie with AS Roma. They play Eintracht Frankfurt at home in the league tommorow, as they continue their push for SMFA and domestic league glory, a point of Hertha BSC with five games to go.

David Luiz shot inches over for FC Schalke 04 after three minutes with an ambitious shot from thirty yards. Kravets shot over for Real soon after, after being put in a decent posistion by Cavani. It was the hosts that hit the front, Stephen Ireland glancing Eljero Elia's cross into the bottom corner past a motionless Iker Casillas. With this lead, Schalke new Real needed to score two goals to knock out Schalke. Real panicked after that and didn't create any clear openings and the best of the remainder of the half fell to Cassano who shot into the side netting. Half time 1-0 Schalke.

Schalke almost put themselves two nil up with Cassano heading woafully wide from six yards after connecting with Eljero Elia's cross. Kravets brought a stunning save out of the ever brilliant Amelia after fifty nine minutes. Crowther almost scored for Real five minutes later when he blazed over from only five yards out. Real's manager couldn't believe it. Amelia again saved from Cavani after the striker shot from thirty yards, seventy minutes gone. Marveux missed another wonderful chance for Real, the left winger running in at the back post to meet a cross which Amelia missed a he headed wide with an open goal infront of him. Schalke so close to the Semi's now. Real pulled a goal back with Cavani scoring, beating two defenders before lashing home in a way that said, that's how we do it. Real's midfielders and forwards could not break down Schalke's resistance and they held on two progress to the Semi Finals of the SMFA Champions Cup for the second year in a row.

I've sold Giancarlo Maldonado for £14million. The deal was agreed with Fiorentina to sign the striker. For Feyenoord in the league he played 148 games, scoring 77 goals and 59 assists. His record internationally for Venezuela was 12 goals and 8 assists in 24 games. Although his strike rates are impressive, I've predicted his rating may decrease from 88 to 86/87. He's not doing too well for the worst club in the la liga :o. But he was a good player for me, scored some crucial goals.

maldonado09.jpg

On his way to Florence...

On a positive note, I'm on the verge of signing, not one but two strikers. One of them being Craig Bellamy for £12.4million. The 89 rated striker would be a direct replacement for Maldonado. I'm buying him from French team Sochaux and I wasn't the only one after him, there was Manchester United who made an offer as well. He'll be a starter in my 4-3-2-1 formation, playing as one of the two just behind Cavenaghi :).

1F5533B6-B82E-6F36-D93357FAD5B02C9F.jpg

An established player...

The other striker isn't as well known as Bellamy, but I hope to complete a deal for Alessandro Matri for a fee just over £7million. He's 25 years old and I'm buying the 86 rated striker from Italian club Rimini. Although his rating isn't good enough to play for me yet, but I'm anticipating a boost to 87/88 due to him doing so well in Serie'A for Cagliari. Depending on his rating change he may go out on loan or could stay.

13015_200x250.jpg

Future star???

• 2 weeks later...

champions_league_logo.jpg

123_1192673039.gif240_front_small.png 1-2 398_1201607911.gif12_front_small.png

SMFA Champions Cup Semi Final first leg

Stadio Olimpico

Att: 82,922

Ref: Roger East flags_of_England.gif

Roma managed by: Luciano Tana

_46407195_torres466.jpg

Schalke gained a massive step in their quest to regain the Champions League last night, getting two away goals in the 2-1 win at Roma. Schalke play 1. FC Kaiserslautern at home in the final league game of the season after finishing second last Saturday, before the second leg of the Semi Final at home.

Schalke started determined to win, Hamit Altintop hitting the crossbar with a brilliant chip from outside the box. Doni was nervous and that was shown early on. Altintop played a low ball into the box moments later, for Ernst who missed the ball when a touch was needed to make it 1-0. Pizarro sent in a corner in the eleventh minute for Roma, which was met by Taddei who produced a memorable bicycle kick which went inches over Amelia’s crossbar. Guinazu nearly made it 1-0 to Roma, seven minutes later, slipping as he shot, the ball trickled inches wide past the despairing dive of Amelia. Lionel Messi met Taddei’s cross with a volley which went inches wide also. Hamit Altintop nearly made it 1-0 to Schalke near the end of the half, his shot producing a sensational save from Doni, after he beat two defenders. In stoppage time, Roma captain Totti chipped Amelia when clean through but it was kept out by the captain Bordon and the half finished 0-0.

AS Roma started brightly in the second half, Simone Perrotta shooting inches wide from twenty yards. Balzaretti headed agonisingly wide in the fifty first minute as Roma pressured. Francesco Totti curled a shot from twenty yards wide of Amelia’s goal in the fifty seventh minute before Schalke opened the scoring against the run of play. Cassano was released down the left hand side and he produced a stunning twenty five yard strike which curled in off the post for 1-0, sixty one minutes in. Schalke’s fans were ecstatic and the players confidence grew incredibly high. Two minutes later Fernando Torres burst past Ferrari in the Roma defence and lashed a ferocious shot across Doni into the top corner from eighteen yards. Sensational stuff from Schalke. Torres nearly made it three, five minutes later, shooting inches wide from inside the box. Eljero Elia shot into the arms of Doni when eight yards out, and Torres again shot inches over from outside the box with Doni motionless. Balzaretti nearly scored for Roma in the seventy fifth minute glancing Taddei’s cross just wide. Torres really started to come to life for Schalke and he produced another spectacular shot which Doni just got to. Roma broke from the resulting corner and Lionel Messi chipped Amelia from 30 yards to give Roma some hope in the second leg. In stoppage time, Eljero Elia shot from twenty five yards, hitting the crossbar as Schalke ran out 2-1 winners, but they could have got even more if they had taken their chances.

Norwich.pngnorwich_100x100.pngNorwichaway.png

Norwich Win Division 3 On Last Day Of The Season

delia-smith.jpg

Delia Smith celebrates with her very own rendition of "We Are The Champions" On The Tannoy System

Norwich City have pipped Aston Villa to the Division 3 title after destroying 3rd place Millwall 8-2 last night. Norwich, who lead for much of the season, had slipped in 2nd in recent weeks after a sloppy run of draws and defeats. but last week they regained top spot with their win and Villa's draw. They needed a win last night to guarantee the championship, although promotion had already been assured weeks ago. They ran out 8-2 winners at The New Den, with Pablo Garcia (3), Tekke (2), Medina (2) & Diekemeier grabbing the goals. The Canaries will now be playing their football in Division 2 next season against the likes of Wigan, Birmingham and Sunderland.

ReadyCrest.jpg

Win The Cup or Sacked

After 9 trophies including 2 trebles in 4 season the Glasgow Rangers board have acted angrily at losing the league title to Celtic by telling manager Colin Barker he must win the Scottish Cup or he will be removed as the manager of the club.

glasgow-rangers.jpg

Can Rangers do this again to save Barker's job

Nah' date=' cheers though.

And congratulations on winning the league.

When I took over Bayern they were in the relegation zone, since when we've won 22 out of 27 - so I hope to give you a run for your money next season![/quote']

Look at FC Porto.