Gold Championship 3!!!

pthame 3d

Re: Gold Championship 3!!!

141.gif

Celta Vigo

Celta Vigo lost 3-2 away to Athletic Bilbao. Orbaiz put home-side Bibao up on the 40th minute. Celta went in at the interval trailing, but Bellamy's quick goal on the 47th minute and a 55th minute strike from Luiz Washington put Celta Vigo ahead. Two late goals won the game for Bilbao as Llorente and Robert scored. Celta Vigo are still in the running for a SMFA Champions Cup spot, but trail 4th place Racing Santander by 5 points, although a win in the next game will ensure a SMFA Shield spot, as they are 7th with 4 games to go.

141.gif

Celta Vigo!

Celta Vigo beat Getafe 5-0 at the week-end. The party started with Bellamy on the 2nd minute as he put Celta 1-0 up. Wagner doubled the lead a minute later on the 3rd minute, then doubled his tally on the 28th. The score was 3-0 at half time. Ten minutes into the second half and Luiz Washington made it 4-0. Jonathan got the 5th and final goal on the 82nd minute, and got Man of the Match. Despite the win, Celta stay 7th, in the SMFA Shield spots, but only 3 points off 3rd placed Racing Santander.

84.gif

LEAGUE division two

West Brom 3 - 1 Burnley

West Brom survived an early scare as Burnley went one up after four minutes to climb to the top of the table. Eight straight wins puts the baggies in the perfect spot for promotion with three games left.

Goals from Derlei, Diomansy Kamara and a second half strike from John Hartson wrapped things up which now leaves West Brom needing two points to confirm they are going up.

CHARLTON 4-0 BLACKBURN

Another fine win for the men from the valley but with games running out i fear missing out on the lucrative UEFA spot.

A Jimmy floyd hat trick and another from Marcus bent proved enough as Blackburn were put to the sword and we now need to win our last two games to clinch a euro spot.

Lazio 2 - 1 Atlanta

Lazio kept there hunt for playing SMFA shield football next season alive after a hard fought win against Atlanta. A rather uneventful game only came to life in the last 10 minutes when Atlanta took the lead in the 81st minute when Migliaccio scored a scrappy goal. The points seemed to be going to the away team when in the 84th minute Makinwa was sent off for the home team. Two late goals from Mudingayi and Juanito gave Lazio the three points and now sit 8th in the table only 1 point behind the SMFA shield places with one game to go in the season.

84.gif

LEAGUE division two

Coventry City 0 - 1 West Brom

A 13th minute goal from defender Jacques Faty was the only difference between these sides as West Brom took a step closer to being champions. His diving header at the back post the only excitement in a less than spectacular match.

LEAGUE division two

West Brom 2 - 2 Stoke City

The champagne will have to remain on ice as we go to the last game of the season to see if West Brom will win the title. Already promoted a win against Stoke would of handed the championship to the baggies. The party poopers took the lead on 12minutes thanks to a goal from Matteo Paro and so stayed the scoreline untill the second half. Jonathon Greenings cleverly taken goal on 55 levelled the game. Stoke retook the lead as the game entered the last ten minutes but the baggies kept plugging away and were rewarded with a goal from the resurgent John Hartson who cant stop scoring of late.

Top of the league the title will be decided in the final game with West Brom two points ahead of Birmingham. Both sides are away from home with WBA going to Cardiff and the blues to Stoke.

Palermo 1-1 Lazio

The last game of the season saw Lazio travel to Palermo to see who would get the last place for SMFA shield football next season. A draw means that Palermo get the last spot. Things were going great for Lazio and were winning through a piece of pure genius from Goran Pandev who showed great composure to finish after flat footing the defence. Everything was looking great for Lazio until 8 minutes from time when Roberto Guana converted a fantastic cross with a well placed header. Lazio manager Bryan Adamson was said to be "very disappointed" that his side won't qualify for the competition next season.

84.gif

LEAGUE division two

Cardiff City 0 - 1 West Bromwich Albion

The seasons final game and what a cliff hanger for the midlands sides competing for top spot. West Brom away at Cardiff and Birmingham away at Stoke. Anything less than a win for the baggies and a win for the blues would of seen Birmingham D2 champions.

West Brom left it late but on 84minutes the goal every fan wanted came thanks to a John Hartson strike luckily deflected into the net. With news of Birmingham leading Stoke by five goals to three it was important to keep things tight at the back, apart from a Michael Chopra header that grazed the bar West Brom picked up the win and are confirmed chamions of D2.

In the twelve games LS managed the baggies he has taken them from mid table obscurity to the top position winning ten and losing once.

Division one awaits and survival is the most important thing.

14th, Low Position But Feels Proud for a first season as blades boss!

Sheff Utd Boss Tom Greenfield, who managed Black Burn Rovers for only 2 matches then took over at struggling 20th sheffield utd, Now guided them through a rocky season, now finishes 6 posistions higher than started off. " Im delighted to have completed almosta full season with a such amazing, ambitious club in the yorkshire," " One thing you never, ever do int he top level of football is to conceed focus and grip of your tasks and i thinkw e played the season with tremendous passion, even when were losin 5 or 6 nill!,"

Tom's Team finsihed an amazing season with an enteratinment for the amazing bramall lane supports with a 3-1 win over Everton. One man who has enteratined Tom over the season is 19 year old Karim benzema who he jopes could seal a full move or another season with the sheffield club during the pre-season this week. " Karim is an excellent man, huge prospect for the future of football, Karim is simply amazing and i do really like him,"

Tom also is looking forward to hsi team giving a real go at the new boys coming the the Barclys Premiership. Leminston steve's West Bromwich is prooven to be a test Tom belives " They have had some quite remarkable results suring Divsion 2 ( Cahmpionship ), they strengthen and make tough tests for our side,"

Below Pictured is Karim benzema scoring sheffield's 3rd of the evening and his second.

13352ben.jpg

84.gif

On the eve of the opening game of the season LS knows this season is going to be a long and winding road in which survival is the key. Not looking at a glamourous season West Broms manager stated that 17th is what we are aiming for and anything more would be a bonus. We dont want to go back down especially as we are now pitting ourselves against the english divisions elite. We open our campaign against Arsenal who feature Steven Gerrard before two home games at the Hawthorns with the visitors being Tottenham and Liverpool who boast players like Christiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry and Gianluigi Buffon to name a few. We know we have hit the big time and need to find some talent to help us survive. The funds from the chairman and winning the league total just over £20million so i'm looking at some experienced hands to help us stay up.

Good luck to all in division one on this new upcoming season.

84.gif

Having just sorted my team out for tonights game, i have come to the realisation that i am going to get my butt whopped this season unless i can do some quick patching up. My average rating for my side is 86 and thats not good for a division one side.

I am appealing to any GC3 manager out there who can loan me any player rated 90 or over that isnt needed in there squad. Even if its a one match at a time loan i am desperate. Also any 87 or higher rated players for sale i need to build my little squad before its too late and i go down quicker than the titanic.

I await your help.

Steve.

Lazio 0-4 Inter Milan

Bad start to the season for Lazio manager Bryan Adamson who saw his side loose 4 goals. It only took 4 minutes before Lazio player Siviglia was sent off. Manager Bryan Adamson was furious with him and chased him down the tunnel to the dressing room shouting abuse at him. He was still in the tunnel when his side went one nil down when Paul Scholes scored for Inter. Further goals from Crespo, Pirlo and Adriano sealed the win for Inter. Lazio manager Bryan Adamson said that it was the first game of the season so there is plenty of time to improve.

84.gif

LEAGUE division one

Arsenal 1 - 1 West Bromwich Albion

This was it West Brom had hit the big time and played there first league game in division one against a Arsenal side that finished 5th last season. Despite not having much of the ball Arsenal took the lead on 31minutes with Denilson finding the net with a curler. West Brom plugged away and had few chances to level. When on 72minutes a corner whipped in was met by the head of Jonathon Greening the Emirates stadium fell silent bar the small contingent of baggies fans that went wild. A good game all round and a satisfying result for baggies boss LS who if asked before the game if he would of taken a point he would of said yes.

GO GO MAGRAO!!!

After the fantastic result againt the gunners, West Brom were delighted to announce the signing of Dinamo Moskva midfielder Magrao. The Brazilian becomes West Broms record signing joining for £10million. Rated 89 LS managed him at Moskva and he becomes the second player to join from Moskva after the success of Derlei.

Wikpedia describes him as:

Márcio Rodrigues, nicknamed Magrão, sometimes spelled Magrao (born December 20, 1978 in São Paulo, São Paulo state) is a Brazilian football player. He is a defensive midfielder. His nickname Magrão means skinny, and is due to the fact that when he was a kid there was not much food available in his home.

He is better know as a Palmeiras' player, scoring 29 goals in 232 matches for the club.

Hopefully he will provide the know how in the centre of the park to try and supply Derlei with the goals to keep West Brom up and will make his debut against Tottenham on wednesday.

84.gif

LEAGUE division one

West Bromwich Albion 1 - 5 Tottenham Hotspur

Ouch!!! The baggies came back to earth with a bump heavily beaten at home to Tottenham. Having earned a draw away at the Emirates last saturday the home side were upbeat for this one but were rolled over with ease. Lee, Berbatov and Keane fired spurs into a three nil lead at the break. That was increased to four when Berbatov hit his second of the game. Derlei gave the home fans something to cheer on 77 as he finished a move with a lob over Robinson. The final nail in the coffin came from Aaron Lennon on 85 but not many fans were left in the Hawthorns to see it.

Only two games played the baggies are 18th with one point.

A couple more signings are on the brink to strengthen the side but i plead again if anyone can loan me players rated around 90 to help boost my rating it would be very appriciated.

Udinese 0-1 Lazio

To be honest this was a very uneventful game filled with half chances to both teams which they never really looked like scoring, The only goal came from Cristian Ledesma who smashed his chance into the roof of the net. Lazio defended well and never gave Udinese many chances to get back into the game. Lazio now sit 13th in the league table but only two games have been played of the new season, fans will be hoping for an increase in performance for future games.

German club TSV Munchen 1860 announce Paul Thame as their new manager. The 17 year old has been given a huge 66.7 million warchest to make a few new signings

strange, i could have sworn you were named the manaager of young boys in march, just 2 months ago in this setup....

spent all their money and moving onto a new one then... ;)

Empoli 2-1 Lazio

homeshirt.jpg

Only 1 win in the first 3 games of the season has left the Lazio fans asking questions. Lazio were 2-0 down before the 25 minute mark after Davide Matteini and Eder scored for Empoli. Lazio got one back when Stefano Mauri got one back for the away side but it was too little to late. Lazio are now 16th in the league but manager Bryan Adamson has stated that he still wants to win the league but it will be a hard job and that his players will need to start performing to their ability.

84.gifWBA 0 - 1 Liverpool44.gif

LEAGUE division one

A new record attendance at the Hawthorns saw a much better performance from the home side following the Spurs disaster. 27,703 saw Liverpool come to town.

A closely contested first half saw many chances but nothing clear cut. Liverpools stars had not got out of first gear and the baggies were feeling comfortable going into the break. Jacques Faty picked up a nasty knock that later confirmed him missing half of the season, not good news considering the state of things.

In the second period both keepers were called upon early on to keep the scores level. The breakthrough came on 50minutes when Chris Birchall fired into the top corner for the games only goal. The game continued to flow back and forth but nothing was getting past Buffon today.

One point from the first nine available sees the baggies in 19th. Still early days the loss of Faty may prove the nail that knocks WBA into the ground. Still many games to go so not worrying just yet.

Two more new signings arrived before the Liverpool game with LS again raiding former club Moskva for Igor Semshov and from Kyiv Ruslan Rotan.

Dunfermline Athletic announced today they have a new manager Ross Philp. The club hve started their second season, managerless so they are now hoping Philp will bring a bit of stability to The Pars. He insisted earlier today that he is hoping for a good cup run and at least, a top six finish.

Reading have announced their new manager as the legnadary Adam Johnson. the royals are sitting at the top of division one and throughly expect to go back up. Johnsons squad is intact thankfully with stars such as lita, doyle, sidwell and hunt all there with new stars like ashley young there. Johnson has a tidy budget and is expected to vuy squad players making sure reading are capable of achieving promotion