Gold Championship 3!!!

Re: Gold Championship 3!!!

Lazio 0-2 Udinese

Rome wasn't built in a day.....

will be the message that the Lazio manager would have gave his players after this game, he watched his side dominate the game only to be defeated by two goals.

The first of those goals came in the 33rd minute of the game when Udinese player Michele Pazienza pounced on the rebounded ball to put the away side 0-1 up going into half time.

The second goal came in the 52nd minute of the game, Michele Pazienza managed to get his shot away and beat the keeper and claim his second of the game.

After 21 games in the Serie A, Lazio currently sit in 6th place but have lost ground on league leaders Palermo who extend the gap back to 12 points

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 3!!! Schalke Demolish Hannover (FC Schalke 7-0 Hannover 96) Schalke have gone and demolished Hannover 96 tonight by 7 goals to 0 which Nick Gilardino has said was the

Re: Gold Championship 3!!! 4-2 Kiessling 2 | Tonetto 3 Altintop 8 | Cisse 9 Ireland 34 Torres 50 SMFA Champions Cup Final Maracanã Att: 92,000 Ref: Robert Schorgenhofer FC Schalke 0

Re: Gold Championship 3!!! Valencia on fire! Mallorca 1 - 6 Valencia S. IRELAND (5) S. ETO'O (9) J. DAVID SILVA (18) F. QUAGLIARELLA (46) C. FABREGAS (53) T. RAUL ALBIOL (86

Royal Reading !

Reading stormed to the top of Division 2 for the first time since manager Adam Johnson took over many a game ago.

Reading have recently developed into a great teaming knocking out Premiership competition in both cups, including Arsenal and Middlesborough. Unfortunately in the shield Manchester United proved to good and won 1-0. However that single defeat did not deter reading from continuing there pursuit of Division 1 Football.

In all competitions Redaing have only lost 1 in the last 16 and after the disappointing result against United Johnsons men won to league games back to back.

Reading 4 - 1 Coventary

Bobby Convey scored a delightful Hattrick only for Torbinsky to come in and finish the rout. Reading once again out played the opposition and throughly deserved the win. This victory kepy reading in third place.

Reading 1 - 0 Wolves

A fantastic win against a fellow forum manager, reading had to pull out all the stops in what was to turn out as a relatively easy game for them. Having more shots , more possession and More men on the field after Clapham was dismissed in the 14th minute. A single goal from Club captain Sidwell got the three points which moved the royals into 1st place.

Johnson would also like to congratulate his team for reaching the semi finals of the english cup after knocking out Everton on penalties.

Also for anyone interested , Everton who are third in division 2, still with some 90 rated players are available to manage :)

Lazio 2-2 Empoli

The Lazio fans are slightly disappointed with this result from a couple of nights ago. They felt that their side dominated the game and that the players should have done more and got the win.

Vittorio Tosto gave Empoli the lead in the 28th minute of the game, his well timed header was unstoppable and ended up in the back of the net to make it 0-1

Lazio fans had to wait until 9 minutes after half time before their side drew level in the form of a goal from 25 yard scorcher from fans favorite Tommaso Rocchi.

r67630_187191.jpg

Empoli took the lead again through a Davide Matteini volley to make it 1-2 but with only 6 minutes to go until full time, Jose Sosa's shot squirmed under the Empoli goalkeeper to salvage a point from the game.

Only getting the point means that Lazio slipped down into 7th place in Serie A and are now back to 12 points behind league leaders Palermo.

Lazio News: Late edition.

Torino 2-1 Lazio

Another poor result for Lazio a couple of nights ago and they have yet to stop the rot of 3 games without a win.

Cristiano Doni put the home side in front only 8 minutes into the game when he left the keeper with no chance with his well timed shot.

Mancini drew Lazio level ten minutes later though when his shot from an acute angle was deflected into the back of the net.

wall_mancini.jpg

But it was the home side that got the winning goal, Fernando Varela pounced on the shot that came back off the crossbar.

The loss leaves Lazio 8th in Serie A and they are now a massive 15 points behind league leaders Palermo with only 15 games to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading 2 -1 Stoke

Readingfc%20copy2.jpg

Reading after loosing out to the final of the english cup to a semi final defeat against Portsmouth, then loosing to Sheffield Wednesday beat Stoke at home to please there fans.

A goal from Bobby Convey and a late Torbinsky striker saw the Royals take all three points and stay top of the pile. Reading are four points infront of second and 9 infront of fourth. The fans, players and manager alike hope they can stay there.

1 READING 27 18 5 4 66 26 40 59

2 Everton 27 17 4 6 56 24 32 55

3 Wigan Athletic 27 16 4 7 64 34 30 52

4 Preston North End 27 15 6 6 49 33 16 51

Lazio manager LEAVES!!!!!

Lazio manager Bryan sensationally left the Italian club yesterday, ironically to be replaced with the young managers father :rolleyes:

BUT the now-ex Lazio manager has found a new job:

arsenal.jpg

Yes, Arsenal have appointed the young manager as the new manager of the club.

Arsenal, who are currently 19th in the English top division :eek: snapped up the young manager just moments after he left the Italian club.

On his appointment the young Scot had this to say:

"It was a tough decision that I had to make, I had been with Lazio for over a season and accomplished so much with them, mainly getting to the SMFA shield semi-final".

He went on to say:

" The lure of a big club like Arsenal was hard to turn down, although they are not in the greatest way at the moment, it will be a tough job trying to keep them in the top flight."

"The board have given me an ample amount of funds to stamp my authority on the side, in fact they have almost given me £300 million :eek: "

"we already have some star players in the squad, Marcelo, Nemanja Vidic, Aleksandr Hleb, Steven Gerrard, Fernando Gago and Robin Van Persie, that is more than enough for me to work with."

"I want to stay in this league, if not for the players and fans then for me, I would really enjoy facing West Brom's legendary manager Leamington Steve".

JUVENTUS ANNOUCEMNT

manager opinion

Hello i the new to the forum and my GG3 team is juve when i took the over they had very smalll sqaud of 18 players and players like Pavel nedved to villareal £4mill juventus legend Alessandro Del piero £10 mill to FC porto and G.Buffon to liverpool in a swap deal for Jose reina and jamie carrahger plus a few million , this meant juventus had a good finicinal backing of £211 mill to spend on new players.

With three of the squads most vital players gone this has weakened the juventus side and weakened 'the old lady' fans resolve in the club ,but over the coming weeks i planned changes in the side to bolster the squad and make juve formidable oppenents and make Stad de la apli a fortress again.

Seriea_Nedved.jpg

Czech playmaker went to ply his trade in spain with villareal.

f_Del%20Piero17880da634e94-ad74-4a59-aaa3-178cfff20bc.jpg

Juve legend goess to porto to take a new challenge.

buffon2.jpg

G.Buffon make the switch to anfield

My first job as juventus manager was to remake a established squad worhty to wearing the black and white shirts of juventus , so i picked my targets and then see how they could improvve my squad and if i could get them for a price i thought that was reasonable.

The first major signing i made when luca toni from fiorentina i put in a bid of £8 mill plus david trezeguet when i compared the goalscoring record of each striker , luca toni ratio was much higher and i believe an all round better striker than David trezeguet. the aera when i thought needed improving was the strikers so i went out and bought Jan koller from monaco and luigi pierioni from auxurre.

Florence hitman take the chance of joining juve hoping for future sucess with juve .

toni_wideweb__470x364,2.jpg

the toweing czech forward joins the juventus revoultion.

_40320819_koller300_ap.jpg

the signings i made will improve the squad quality and will show juventus can match teams for it teams outstanding players and i hope with these signings it can restore hope for the fans of juvents.

the other major signings i made when Tomas ujfalusi from fiornetina when the manager of the florence side is reasonable when it comes to transfers he made an offer of £6 mill plus ufujalsi and manuel blasi , as i had a small squad and they were good players i accpeted the deal and gained two quality with the loss of one.

midfield general mauel blasi goes to turin to start his juventus career.

czech said he was happy to be at juventus and thought something special was begining to happen at juve under the new manager Sir Matt Busby.

Tomas ujfalusi had spoken to Pavel nedevd about joining juventus as they were czech team mates and ujfalusi is happy to be a juventus and believed his choice will further his career.

A051113_BER_TOMAS_UJFALUSI_V.JPG

LOYAL MUFC SUPPORTER

• 2 weeks later...

QPR 0-2 Reading

nooge.jpg

Nugent facing a lay off after putting in a great display

After Last weeks surprise loss against Nottingham Forrest Reading bagged a win against Queens Park Rangers to stay top of the league, slightly infront of the on Form Everton who have been knocking on Readings door for a few games now.

This game went smoothly for Manager Johnson with his tactics and players ensuring the away fans would watch there team Dominate. Reading Kept the ball well and played some great attacking football, in the 4th minute Reading showed there Intent to win the game when Nugent curled a beauty round a unsighted keeper.

The game was only to improve and reading pressed further more for a bigger lead, the break came well into the second half in the 72nd monute to be precise. A poor clearance left Bobby Convey able to tab the ball home for the game.

David Nugent finished the game with Man of the Match but it wasnt all smiles for the english Hitman as he has sustained a long injury which will see him out for around 8 weeks. Although the injury to such a striker would be a blow for any club, Reading are lucky enough to have another prolific striker on the books, Lita who will no jump into the first team replacing Nugent.

Reading are top with 7 games left to play in the season. They have a small cushion over 4th place which hopefully they wont need to fall back on. Only time will tell if The Reading boss and players can sustain such form and win the league gaining promotion to the top flight.

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts

1 READING 31 21 5 5 74 30 44 68

2 Everton 31 21 4 6 71 32 39 67

3 Wigan Athletic 31 19 5 7 73 36 37 62

4 Preston North End 31 17 7 7 55 38 17 58

5 Sheffield Weds. 31 17 5 9 49 29 20 56

AEK ATHENS REVEAL NEW MANAGER

AEK-Athens.png

Earlier Today 4th Placed AEK Athens Revealed their New Manager Sir Mike Giggs. I Had offers from Barcelona, Liverpool and Partizan Beograd but AEK and Manchester United are the only teams I would go to, being Half Greek half English AEK is my Second most Beloved Team after Manchester United.

My Top Targets are Lionel Messi of Valencia, Cristiano Ronaldo of Liverpool and David Ospina of Milan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading Promoted !

promotion_gallery_10_450x300.jpg

Reading Finish second !

A slip up in form a few games from the end of the season cost reading the title but was enough to secure second place and promotion to Division 1. Since taking control of the relegated division 1 team four games into the second season Johnson set about adding a little quality to his team.

Signings of the season !

Torbinsky - picked up on a free for 3 million, played a vital part of readings promotion, now worth nearly double that. Played 24 times and scored 6 goals.

Frey - Bought for well over 10 million the french keeper was well worth it keeping Readings defense in order and having a hatful of clean sheets

Nugent - The england international was picked up for 8 million and a player in part ex, played most games until injury struck.

Ederson - The brazilian was bought in for 8 million, was a squad player but towards the end of the season he cemented his place.

Adler - Offered to reading for 3 million. Johnson soon snapped him up, his rating later went upto 87 :D :D

Best Average rating !

Kevin Doyle - 8.38 closely followed by Nugent 8.26

Top Goalscorer !

Kevin Doyle 23 goals in 35 games. followed by Nugent 12 in 22 games.

Most assists !

Kevin Doyle - 17 , followed by Sidewell 15.

Fans player of the year !

Kevin Doyle, without him Reading FC would pf really struggled to gain promotion.

Kevin-Doyle-celebrates-his-goal-against-Leicester-City_203028.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Spartak Moskva Gold Championship 3 news

Last years Eastern European league winners Spartak Moskva currently sit in 10th place after 2 games, a win and a loss.

We have been drawn with Internazionale, Sao Paulo and FC Kobenhavn in the Champs cup with the first game being away to Inter on the 26th October.

Players bought in this season have been:-

Julio César DOMÍNGUEZ for £12.0M from Auxerre

Maarten MARTENS for £18.0M from Watford

Pinto THIAGO for £20k from Esbjerg

Player out was:-

Michalis KONSTANTINOU for £10.0M to Panathinaikos

• 1 month later...

Dutch champions Ajax are reported to be on the look out for a world class defender to replace Jaap Stam at the end of the season.

"Its a great shame that Jaap has retired. He's going to be so difficult to replace and will probably involve some wheeling and dealing in the market. If there is a player of Stam's ability or potential available I'd love to hear from their manager!"

Despite winning back to back titles and currently sitting safely at the top of the league this time round, Perry81 feels that his team can become stronger.

"We're a young squad so I feel were going to get better as time goes by. Players like Sneijder, Rise, Kuijt, Heitinga and Cahill give us a great spine to work round. Hopefully the likes of Nani, Babel, Guardado and Huntelaar can fulfil their promise and take us to the next level. Defensively we do need to strengthen though."

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome To Birmingham Gazza

Gazza Thomas joined Birmingham city 3 games ago and with every1 NMF for the first match against chelsea gazza had to put a cb upfront!! here is how his first three matches went on

Birmingham City 1-0 Chelsea

The only goal came from birminghams Chris JANSSENS when he picked up a short corner and bent it round the unsighted keeper.

A Great result in Gazzas first match incharge and it is exsacly wt he wanted next up fulham, playing the same players and same formation ect..

Birmingham City 1-1 Fulham

Birmingham opened the scoring 5 minutes into the 2nd half when Nafti nodded home an inch perfect cross,But fulham equilized in the 80th minute when Luis Boa Morte chiped the keeper

So Gazza picks up 4 points out of a possible 6 in his first 2 matches in charge

Birmingham City 2-0 Watford

..on the 29h minute Gabriel CABALLERO finished neatly outside the box, they dubbled the lead 1 minute into the 2nd half when centre back come striker climbed over the defence and headed into the top corner.

So Gazza Picks up 7 Points out of 9 in his first 3 games incharge.. good things could happen with gazza in charge :D Gaza also annouced he is after 3 loan signings (87+ rated) and is looking to sign 1 or 2 players on perminent deals if any1 cn help me p.m me thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Newly Promoted Reading Take Premier League By Storm

reading_180.jpg

After one season in charge Johnson got Reading promoted to the Premiership. His main goal for his first season with the big boys was survival. More than half way into the campaign Johnsons aims have changed, however ambitious they sound. Johnsons men have been playing some brilliant football and there home form is outstanding. Some pundits believe that Reading are playing with 12 men due to there superb support

108.jpg

A typical reading home game, packed to the rafters

23 games in, Reading find themselves in 4th spot. A cool 5 points infront of chelsea and 7 infront of Manchester United respectively. The top four are not the most likely, they consist of West Brom, Aston Vila, Tottenham and Reading, surely proving that this league has some of the best managers in the game.

1 West Bromwich Albion 23 14 4 5 48 31 17 46

2 Aston Villa 23 13 6 4 51 27 24 45

3 Tottenham Hotspur 23 13 3 7 49 28 21 42

4 READING 23 11 9 3 48 32 16 42

5 West Ham United 23 11 9 3 36 23 13 42

This season Johnson has seen his men beat the likes of Arsenal in the cup, beating Man Utd in the league and beating opposition who have been top division teams for years. Johnsons men are going from strength to strength, Reading still have a fair bit of money available and will only spend it wisely.

in a statement Johnson said : "Im delighted with the boys and equally as delighted win the fans. We have aims of European qualification, its a big step up but will hopefully secure the future of out beloved football club."

• 2 weeks later...

Reading Slip up !

reading_180.jpg

Since the last update on Readings debut season in the premiership under Johnson the Royals have slipped up in the last two games. Firstly against West Ham there fellow European challengers. The most recent against Blackburn.

Reading as usual played a very attacking formation and were always likely to score goals. there opponents played defensive and held a whopping 67% possession however created 4 x less then Reading. Reading had 20 + shots but that wasnt enough to win the game.

Regardless of the Royals pressure Reading went 1-0 down in the 15th minute after Peter shows some pure class and finished with ease. Reading continued to dominate with chances but never capitalised on any of the chances created.

Half time approached and Johnson sent his team out like troops, pumped up and ready for action, from the 56th minute it only took a brace from Convey in 5 minutes to turn the game upside down. A trademark bullet shot and a toe poke on the second attempt gave reading the lead and gave false hope of all three points.

Brett Emerton is not known to crash partys but he did crash Johnson after a superb strike sealed the draw and a point for each team. Johnson isnt down after these last two results but remains adamant that a win is a must in the next game against Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium.

1 West Bromwich Albion 26 17 4 5 52 31 21 55

2 Tottenham Hotspur 26 16 3 7 59 31 28 51

3 Aston Villa 26 14 6 6 54 33 21 48

4 West Ham United 26 13 9 4 43 26 17 48

5 READING 26 12 10 4 55 38 17 46

Just picked up Fiorentina, alot of cash, in division 2, rubbish players and looking on the transfers out the manager has made SH*T deals, tevez,trezeguet,carrigher, mutu and others have gone to teams for ridiculas prices, 3 have gone to sao paulo aswell, suspicious?? i think so, shame SM wont reverse the transfers :( so i dont sewe the point in asking them

DIVISION ONE MATCHDAY 27

Birmingham City, Manchester United, Bolton Wanderers, Everton, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa(hereward), Manchester City(leigh), Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea are all victorious this turn.

West Brom remain top despite losing to second placed Tottenham. Villa are third with West Ham fourth.

4011467.jpg

Keano struck twice for Tottenham as they close the gap on the leaders.

TOP FIVE

WEST BROMWICH ALBION

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

ASTON VILLA

WEST HAM UNITED

READING

BOTTOM FIVE

PORSTMOUTH

WATFORD

CHARLTON ATHLETIC

SHEFFIELD UNITED

EVERTON

Just picked up Fiorentina' date=' alot of cash, in division 2, rubbish players and looking on the transfers out the manager has made SH*T deals, tevez,trezeguet,carrigher, mutu and others have gone to teams for ridiculas prices, 3 have gone to sao paulo aswell, suspicious?? i think so, shame SM wont reverse the transfers :( so i dont sewe the point in asking them[/size']

If you dont ask, you dont get.

Reading are looking to sell experienced and talented goal keeper Sebastian Frey (91) for part exchange.

Johnson decided to sell him as they have the young Rene Adler on the bench,a player who is rated at 89.

Reading would need a center back of at least 88 and a central midfielder of at least 88, possibly 89 for both players.

Please bid if your interested