About International Mangement

Re: About International Mangement

I sent a ticket in the Suggestions bit earlier' date=' asking for options to turn off job offers and international offers. Doubt anything will happen though.:o[/quote']

What was the ticket number?? I will add one supporting it.....

I'm a Gold Member but havent got the time for international management for all 14 clubs...

I just wish they would fix the bugs b4 bringing in the new stuff.....

Guest Football8

today' date=' 45 new club messages about players on international duties. Do I really want to know?[/quote']

Exactly, SM need to get rid of these silly mini errors before they start to pile on with more features being introduced.

International management is a drag for me. Every member of my first squad is away on duty. This'll do wonders for fitness. :rolleyes::(

It does not affect fitness or who is available for your domestic games though..?

Which is actually a shame' date=' I think.

Exactly, SM need to get rid of these silly mini errors before they start to pile on with more features being introduced.
What was the ticket number?? I will add one supporting it.....

I'm a Gold Member but havent got the time for international management for all 14 clubs...

I just wish they would fix the bugs b4 bringing in the new stuff.....

This silly error you refer to has only occured as a result of a new feature though. Errors are bound to occur when adding new features.

Presumably you are referring to other errors - I am sure if they are easily fixed and you report them they will be dealt with.

I don't know of any major bugs being ignored.

I suppose you might be thinking about things which could be "better" but then we all have our ideas on what should be a priority.

today' date=' 45 new club messages about players on international duties. Do I really want to know?[/quote']
Just wait until you guys start getting all the individual player reports. Then you'll be even more furious. :D

I think this is a bug and it is something I have reported to SM. I can't see this being an issue for long. Anything else odd like this; best thing to do is send a ticket.

I sent a ticket in the Suggestions bit earlier' date=' asking for options to turn off job offers and international offers. Doubt anything will happen though.:o[/quote']

Mmm, I think this is quite a popular suggestion so the option would not surprise me.

In the meantime though I am surprised people are bothered by getting job offers. It is mildly irritating at best. You can either reject or ignore it after all.

I am confused then - what are you saying is your preferred scenario?

I think in the future SM will integrate Internationals so that it does affect fitness, injury, etc. However, I think for it to work their are areas that need to be tweaked (like the rate of players recover and schedules) so it might not be for a while.

Posted this on the other International thread, thought i'd add it here too n' see what people think :)

--------------------------

Here's a thought; what about if in GC's "international weeks" were built into the calendar, where 2 World Cup Qualifiers were played?

My idea would see Qualifiers 1 & 2 played before the 1st league game of the season, Qualifiers 3 & 4 after week 5 (turn 10), Qualifiers 5 & 6 after week 10 (turn 20), and Qualifiers 7 & 8 after week 15 (turn 30)

The advantages being:

* more time for International players to recover before next league game

* would ensure no small international teams are left unmanaged (as managers don't want to go a week with no games to play)

* would allow more time for pre-season transfers/ friendlies at the start of the season

* an international break would benefit non-international players as they would have a chance to regain fitness (which helps smaller clubs as they usually have smaller squads and fewer international players)

* non-international managers benefit from the break for the above reason too, as will bigger clubs who compete in more competitions (assuming their squad isn't all International players)

* still 8 league games left after Qualifiers 7 & 8 so even if a player picked up a knock on International duty they should still recover for the league run-ins (most of the time! :P)

* from a Forum perspective would allow more time for International matches to have previews/ reviews/ general build-up & banter etc

For me all the above is perfectly workable, the only problem left would be the issue of abuse e.g the Spain manager is also the Barcelona manager so doesn't pick any Barcelona players for Internationals but picks as many Real Madrid players as possible and runs them into the ground by playing fast tempo aggressive tackling.

While this could happen, under my idea they would get away with it for those 2 fixtures only as any manager fielding an obviously weaker International team (as Spain would be without the Barca lads) without good cause would get sacked by the SMFA, with appropriate punishment to boot.

P.S - i would only really like to see International matches affect players in GCs, it's fine the way it is for Standard Worlds and for Customs it could be an option whether you want it or not (but just my opinion, i'm sure many will disagree....)

I think in the future SM will integrate Internationals so that it does affect fitness' date=' injury, etc. However, I think for it to work their are areas that need to be tweaked (like the rate of players recover and schedules) so it might not be for a while.[/quote']

I certainly hope so. If it operated in anything similar to the previous format it would be game over for me, which would suck because I enjoy the game very much. The only reason I tolerated it last time was because it was so obviously unfair and lacking member support that I was sure it'd be scrapped soon. When it was, I was happy to continue spending money on SM.

They need to be super careful with this international fitness issue. Looking at the numbers in many GCs, apart from the very top nations, few seem to care about IM. Why would this change just because fitness is introduced? Did it increase IM numbers last time? Not that I noticed. Were people quitting club teams in frustration from being forced to deal with international managers that made stupid decisions and lacked any basic common sense? Yep. Me included. The big risk is negatively impacting most members to benefit a tiny minority who crave the 'reality' of IM fitness.

I honestly have no idea why some members would look forward to having their cash/time investment that they may have built over years sabotaged by a revolving list of random moron international managers (not all...but a lot) who couldn't give a **** about your players club fitness or schedule (unlike IM in reality). :confused:

This is the one and only issue with SM that truly grates my cheese.