International management for all free members!

International management for all free members!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

SM has added international management to standard game worlds. And it is only available to Gold Members! What's the point? The motto of SM is to 'Make the world's best soccer manager game and let the world play it for free'. What has happened to the second part? SM should take into account the risks of entering card numbers into websites, and the inconvenience of posting cheques in sterling for foreign members just to gain more privileges which last for less than a year.If this results in only one or two international managers in a standard game world, I would rather SM remove this feature from these game worlds. Taking into account the slowness of rating changes on SM, the website errors that have always been present every now and then, the poor navigation of the site even after 'improvement', I think it is reasonable to ask for international management to be made available to all free members.

Re: International management for all free members!

I would like to inform everyone about another ridiculous thing SM has done. It says:

Every member who purchases either a Standard or Custom Game World via the SM Shop will from now on be able to choose a starting International Team to manage alongside their chosen club side during the creation of their Game World.

However, only Gold Members can manage International Teams. Therefore you will lose your International Team after you have created your Game World unless you become a Gold Member.

This is absolutely ridiculous and cruel to those managers who have their international teams stripped from their control. Please, everyone, join me to protest for International management for all free members!!

I would like to inform everyone about another ridiculous thing SM has done. It says:

Every member who purchases either a Standard or Custom Game World via the SM Shop will from now on be able to choose a starting International Team to manage alongside their chosen club side during the creation of their Game World.

However' date=' only Gold Members can manage International Teams. Therefore you will lose your International Team after you have created your Game World unless you become a Gold Member.

This is absolutely ridiculous and cruel to those managers who have their international teams stripped from their control. Please, everyone, join me to protest for International management for all free members!![/quote']

That is ridculous, but I dont agree with international teams for everyone. The gold members pay, they should have some extras in all game worlds.

I agree with you Tom. GM paid,i understand that. But,they are already get benefit from their exclusive GOLD CHAMPIONSHIP and their extra club slot. I and Tom,as free member also want to feel a little excitement to control national team because this feature already introduced before

Sorry, don't agree.

International management was THE reason i, and a few others, took out GM.

Look, it's a FREE game.

Moaning about how you don't feel you get enough for NOTHING doesn't really give you a leg to stand on.

Just my tuppence worth.

Everyone can play it for free. It's a fact. That doesn't mean everyone who plays for free is entitled to all the Gold features just because they exist. IM in standards is another benefit for the people who support the game by purchasing a membership.

I say tough luck for the freeloaders. They should save their lunch money and buy a membership if they want IM. Otherwise, keep playing the basic game for free and stop whining. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why it was even added to standard gameworlds in the first place. It seems a strange move to make especially when SM haven't released the feature to all members.

I was offered Argentina with my Boca Juniors (that would have been a great combination :P) but that account isn't my GM one. :(

Sorry' date=' don't agree.

International management was THE reason i, and a few others, took out GM.

Look, it's a FREE game.

Moaning about how you don't feel you get enough for NOTHING doesn't really give you a leg to stand on.

Just my tuppence worth.[/quote']

Gold members have their privileges, but this is a pivotal area of football. SM has said in its own motto that it would make the world's best soccer manager game and let the world play it for free. If the most important areas of football aren't made available to free members, it would make it feel like a demo, and there would be no difference from downloading the demos of Football Manager and FIFA Manager. I really want SM to be as fantastic an experience for its members as possible, and like the motto states SM wants people to enjoy it for free.

Gold members have their privileges' date=' but this is a pivotal area of football. SM has said in its own motto that it would make the world's best soccer manager game and let the world play it for free. If the most important areas of football aren't made available to free members, it would make it feel like a demo, and there would be no difference from downloading the demos of Football Manager and FIFA Manager. I really want SM to be as fantastic an experience for its members as possible, and like the motto states SM wants people to enjoy it for free.[/quote']

i agree on some ideas with you, it feels like SM are getting a bit too business and less game especially with the reserve club thingy. now it's nearly inposible to get a good team in a new set-up for free but atleast i hope to continue better the game with the money they're making, i mean till now they already made about 450 euros with GC 70 only, and it's not created already

i agree on some ideas with you' date=' it feels like SM are getting a bit too business and less game especially with the reserve club thingy. now it's nearly inposible to get a good team in a new set-up for free but atleast i hope to continue better the game with the money they're making, i mean till now they already made about 450 euros with GC 70 only, and it's not created already[/quote']

I agree with your point but these are just small issues with the clubs. Issues like national management are big areas of SM and they should be made available to all.

Buying a GM is hardly breaking the bank, is it?

If your moan became reality, how many people would ask for their money back?

Like i said before, your argument holds no water (and repeating yourself constantly doesn't make your point any stronger).

GM's may effectively be paying for the freebies (just like in real life with taxes).

I suggest you buy a GM, and support this fantastic game.

Buying a GM is hardly breaking the bank' date=' is it?

If your moan became reality, how many people would ask for their money back?

Like i said before, your argument holds no water (and repeating yourself constantly doesn't make your point any stronger).

GM's may effectively be paying for the freebies (just like in real life with taxes).

I suggest you buy a GM, and support this fantastic game.[/quote']

You can say anything you want, but know this: football is a game for everyone. This is just a point I'm trying to get across to SM, that what it's doing is against its motto. I just feel that paying for a game which is not on par with ones like Football Manager just to enjoy benefits which only last for 12 months isn't a sensible thing to do. Enough said, I'm stepping out the house to play some real football. Beats a game which defeats its own purpose.

You can say anything you want' date=' but know this: football is a game for everyone.[/quote']

Football is for everyone in real life if you play in the streets or in the parks for fun with your friends. Otherwise, it's also a business. Players, teams, agents, tv channels, medias, websites, are in the BUSINESS of playing, showing or selling football. That's also a fact of life. I've been playing SM for free for almost 2 years before I «gave in» recently and become a gold member for some reasons, one of which was international management. I could have stayed an regular member because I thought -and still think- that SM is the best... but I made a move that I thought was worthed! You probably play SM 5, 10 or 15 hours a week and you like it, what more do you need ? Wanting everything for free just because it exists or other people have it is sort of childish to say the least.

We Pay £15.You Register and thats all.No money from you goes to SoccerManager.Its hardly ridiculous.We pay for a better game.You Don't pay but get a basic game.Simplez.All Though thbere could One Setup now and then with International management for all.

Sm offer you Internation Jobs to make you Become a GM.I Would become a GM.Worth it.

GROW UP GUYS. Football is for everyone in real life if you play in the streets or in the parks for fun with your friends. Otherwise' date=' it's also a business. Players, teams, agents, tv channels, medias, websites, are in the BUSINESS of playing, showing or selling football. That's also a fact of life. I've been playing SM for free for almost 2 years before I «gave in» recently and become a gold member for some reasons, one of which was international management. I could have stayed an regular member because I thought -and still think- that SM is the best... but I made a move that I thought was worthed! You probably play SM 5, 10 or 15 hours a week and you like it, what more do you need ? Wanting everything for free just because it exists or other people have it is childish to say the least. You're probably the kind of guys who hasn't bought a single song or record in his life. GET RID OF YOUR FEEDING BOTTLE ![/quote']

well said,

if everyone here adopted the attitude that SM should free up all the features for the non-paying members too, then noone would bother upgrading to gold, and the game will simply stop existing. people need to realise that maintaining sites like this takes a lot of money. the non-paying members should appreciate being able to play the game at all. if you are not satisfied with what you get with the standard membership, hey, dont play it. easy as that, but dont complain.