International management for all free members!

International management for all free members!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: International management for all free members!

SM has added international management to standard game worlds. And it is only available to Gold Members! What's the point? The motto of SM is to 'Make the world's best soccer manager game and let the world play it for free'. What has happened to the second part? SM should take into account the risks of entering card numbers into websites' date=' and the inconvenience of posting cheques in sterling for foreign members just to gain more privileges which last for less than a year.If this results in only one or two international managers in a standard game world, I would rather SM remove this feature from these game worlds. Taking into account the slowness of rating changes on SM, the website errors that have always been present every now and then, the poor navigation of the site even after 'improvement', I think it is reasonable to ask for international management to be made available to all free members.[/quote']
I'm not moaning. You're the one who's moaning about free members.

Righht

:)

At least I'm worth more than the 15 pounds u wasted.

Well that 15 pounds we 'wasted' is to give us Gold Members little benefits that standard members don't get.

If you're complaining about something that you pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for then I think that you should play another game. The amount of time and effort the SM staff put into this site is simply amazing and these new features to increase profits will only make the site even better.

So either enjoy the site that you don't pay for and get many great features for, or JOG ON.

Well that 15 pounds we 'wasted' is to give us Gold Members little benefits that standard members don't get.

If you're complaining about something that you pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for then I think that you should play another game. The amount of time and effort the SM staff put into this site is simply amazing and these new features to increase profits will only make the site even better.

So either enjoy the site that you don't pay for and get many great features for' date=' or JOG ON.[/quote']

Just coz you can't afford to become a GM then why you taking it out on us Forumers????

With Ya Both.I got Fm for £15 Mate/

So either enjoy the site that you don't pay for and get many great features for' date=' or JOG ON.[/quote']

SM's principle: We strive to make SoccerManager.com a place of free fun and enjoyment for people of all ages, races , religions and backgrounds. Everybody is welcome.

Say what you want. I won't be jogging with you, you keep going.

SM's principle: We strive to make SoccerManager.com a place of free fun and enjoyment for people of all ages' date=' races , religions and backgrounds. Everybody is welcome.

Say what you want. I won't be jogging with you, you keep going.[/quote']

Geez mate the game is fun enough without a gold membership so I think they are good to their word.

SM's principle: We strive to make SoccerManager.com a place of free fun and enjoyment for people of all ages' date=' races , religions and backgrounds. Everybody is welcome.

Say what you want. I won't be jogging with you, you keep going.[/quote']

Okay SM make everything to do with GM's allowed to be used by Standard. Members.No One Would renew and SM would shut down.Heard FIFA 02's down to £14.99.Can you afford it?

how can u say sm have not achieved their motto when you have been and still are playing the game for free? its very simple if you think FM is better then run along and play it dont start ridiculous posts, and for the record i would say £15 for a GM is much better value than FM which costs £30 which is also a yearly payment if you buy the game every year.

how can u say sm have not achieved their motto when you have been and still are playing the game for free? its very simple if you think FM is better then run along and play it dont start ridiculous posts' date=' and for the record i would say £15 for a GM is much better value than FM which costs £30 which is also a yearly payment if you buy the game every year.[/quote']

Football's not for girls. It's never been.

Tom, you said eariler in this topic about how others are spoiling your thread. From what I can see, you are spoiling it. Flaming everybody is not going to help your case against SM. SM need to make money to better the game. If im honest, I would pay £30 for the full game at the moment. These improvements are coming from the money made. SM is on the up, and the only way it can continue to be on the up is to charge people for features.

Ok I would suggest that the childish behaviour ends on this thread very quickly. The forum is here as a means of conducting adult debates on issues, but this is obviously beyond some people. Any further personal insults or off-topic spam WILL result in infractions being issued. :ma

Some sensible people here. I just want to reiterate my point. As long as SM put their motto in the website, they should, by any means work towards it. Their motto states "Make the world's best soccer manager game then let the world play it for free!"

Yes, i do agree that they allow normal members to play for free. However, there are gold members who paid and that defies the motto. Yes, these gold members paid willingly. However, if SM did not add this "gold member", then, it would really be a free game. It is such temptations of the advantages gold members that made these people purchase it. Thus, I would consider this a business trick made by sm. I am not saying what they did is wrong, but rather, not what i had thought of them.

What i would recommend is SM reward members that has been playing for a long time. Maybe those with reputation of 150 and more, with these international management. That would really be a great reward to these members. They didnt get it by doing nothing. They played for a long time, contributed to SM and now, they should deserve such credits and thus, receive international management.

No matter what others say, I will stand firmly on my stand and these are just my ideas. Even if u do not agree, I will still stand by my point.

Some sensible people here. I just want to reiterate my point. As long as SM put their motto in the website' date=' they should, by any means work towards it. Their motto states "Make the world's best soccer manager game then let the world play it for free!"

Yes, i do agree that they allow normal members to play for free. However, there are gold members who paid and that defies the motto. Yes, these gold members paid willingly. However, if SM did not add this "gold member", then, it would really be a free game. It is such temptations of the advantages gold members that made these people purchase it. Thus, I would consider this a business trick made by sm. I am not saying what they did is wrong, but rather, not what i had thought of them.

What i would recommend is SM reward members that has been playing for a long time. [b']Maybe those with reputation of 150 and more, with these international management[/b]. That would really be a great reward to these members. They didnt get it by doing nothing. They played for a long time, contributed to SM and now, they should deserve such credits and thus, receive international management.

No matter what others say, I will stand firmly on my stand and these are just my ideas. Even if u do not agree, I will still stand by my point.

now that's a good and fair idea

Why bother tidying it just close it its the worst thread ive ever seen.
'Worst' is a bit too much (if you're not involved in the fight) otherwise it's funny looking at others insulting each other:p
Ok maybe its not the worst but its not far off.
yeah lol' date=' these type of 'fights' are being quite frequent these days[/quote']

Further to my previous post, can I just point out that this is the kind of pointless "spam" that I was referring to. The Moderation Team are quite capable of knowing when a thread can be tidied up, and when it needs deleting without your input thank you. The initial thread actually started as a reasonable debate, and as long as the last 10 pages of spam and insults are deleted, there may be life in it yet as it raises some interesting points, with room for reasonable debate from both sides.

Now please can everyone play nicely, not resort to personal insults, and stop spamming up the thread before further infractions are issued? :)

Some sensible people here. I just want to reiterate my point. As long as SM put their motto in the website' date=' they should, by any means work towards it. Their motto states "Make the world's best soccer manager game then let the world play it for free!"

What i would recommend is SM reward members that has been playing for a long time. Maybe those with reputation of 150 and more, with these international management. That would really be a great reward to these members. They didnt get it by doing nothing. They played for a long time, contributed to SM and now, they should deserve such credits and thus, receive international management.

No matter what others say, I will stand firmly on my stand and these are just my ideas. Even if u do not agree, I will still stand by my point.[/quote']

You just don't get it...

They want to make the world's best online football management game. That's the first part of their statement. How exactly should they improve the game with hardly any income, which basically just covers the very, very basic maintenance costs maybe. Of course, I don't know the exact amounts of expenditure and income for SM, but maintaining alone such a huge website is something that requires a LOT of money and work, which you obviously don't understand.

A lot of the extra income from GM, GW purchases etc. (after taking away the money that goes into server costs, paying the people working for them, domain costs,...) is put into development, even in the 1 1/2 years or so I've only been here, there have been several improvements where both GMs and Standard Members benefited from (faster calculating of results, more different Game Worlds to name only a few that I could instantly think of).

I want to become gold but the problem is that my mum doesn't trust buying from the internet as the last time she bought on the internet she got bumped £40.

I want to know if you can send the money somewhere and become gold

I think its just credit card or paypal.

I want to become gold but the problem is that my mum doesn't trust buying from the internet as the last time she bought on the internet she got bumped £40.

I want to know if you can send the money somewhere and become gold

You can send it via the post, using a cheque or postal order, its what i did. :)

I still believe people if people want extra features, such as International management, you gotta pay.To be fair, it's not really much to ask.

Personally, after the fun ive had with it, i'd pay for the free version.:eek:

Oh, and i want post 34 as a sig. Man, how i lmfao..:)

Clarkey is my hero.