Sign in to follow this  
MiscMan

Going to Uni

I am now in the gruelling and horrible process of writing my personal statement. I've decided on a Computer Science course, maybe Leeds, Southampton or Cardiff.

The hard bit is the PS been racking my brain for weeks. Just when I think I've got it then:eek:.

Re: Going to Uni

I am now in the gruelling and horrible process of writing my personal statement. I've decided on a Computer Science course' date=' maybe Leeds, Southampton or Cardiff.

The hard bit is the PS been racking my brain for weeks. Just when I think I've got it then:eek:.[/quote']

doin the same thing mate, on the ucas website all the time it seems, filling things in.

Got loads of improvements i need to make to my PS

Im hopefully going to Leeds Met, or Sheff Hallam etc.

PS,

its easy brain storm if first or bullet point it.

What you have done to date, academically etc

What you aim to do why, and how

Hobbies

achievements / sports / academic / whatever

Just big yaself up ! twas what i, and everyone else before you did, btw go to leeds !

Guest 1CapWonder

Desperate to go to Lougborough if I don't end up playing football!!! It just looks such a cracking place and I'm working my balls off in school atm to get there. Anyone confirm it? Anyone go there?

Other choices is obviously America... Anyone from there in? Went over to see a couple this year. Standard of football is good anyway.

I wanted to go to exeter, that and Loughborough probably the two bet sport Unis, but didnt think id get in so didnt put it down as my first choice, good job i did as i was 20 points short lol !

Elliot if you can get into Loughborough, go for it mate.

Top facilties, top academic qualities, do it pal ! a scholarship there mght be worth a shot pal, would lower the grades for you to get in aswel

I was going to apply to Oxbridge, but my AS grades were awful (3 Ds too much time chasing football career:p) so thats over with:o. I'm doing similar to you software engineering was thinking Essex, Kent, Leeds or Leicester and maybe Loughborough for sport.

I was going to apply to Oxbridge' date=' but my AS grades were awful (3 Ds too much time chasing football career:p) so thats over with:o. I'm doing similar to you software engineering was thinking Essex, Kent, Leeds or Leicester and maybe Loughborough for sport.[/quote']

You need like 3 A's or a 2 A's and a B for Loughborough sport, could you turn your current grades around to get that ?

I do know what I want to write, I've brain stormed and kind of built on it. I'll have to ask my Computing teacher for feedback. Main problem is space allocation, only 47 lines or 4000 characters with spaces.

You need like 3 A's or a 2 A's and a B for Loughborough sport' date=' could you turn your current grades around to get that ?[/quote']

I mean't to play sport. I'd do a computing based course and you need 280-320 points for that which is like 3Bs.

I mean't to play sport. I'd do a computing based course and you need 280-320 points for that which is like 3Bs.

Ahhh i see, would of been a miraciously turn around :D

Leeds Met has a gd rep for sport, do they do a degree you would be interested in ?

Ahhh i see' date=' would of been a miraciously turn around :D

Leeds Met has a gd rep for sport, do they do a degree you would be interested in ?[/quote']

you know what, I think I've found my insurance:cool:. They want 160 points for Computing and based on my AS I've already got more than half that.

Having started soething like a month ago I've finally sent off my application to Study Computer Science/Software Engineering with hopefully a bit of football. Quite happy with my statement also, that GCSE in English came in handy after all:). I chose Loughborough, Northumbria, Leicester, Essex and Newcastle. I would have put in Brunel for Newcastle as an extra insurance but I'm quite happy with my choices.

Now the wait.

Having started soething like a month ago I've finally sent off my application to Study Computer Science/Software Engineering with hopefully a bit of football. Quite happy with my statement also' date=' that GCSE in English came in handy after all:). I chose Loughborough, Northumbria, Leicester, Essex and Newcastle. I would have put in Brunel for Newcastle as an extra insurance but I'm quite happy with my choices.

Now the wait.[/quote']

should have come and joined me in stirling in bonny scotland.:D

best sport facilities in the country and andy murray and chris hoy both use the facilities here plus the falkirk football team train here aswell:eek:

should have come and joined me in stirling in bonny scotland.:D

best sport facilities in the country and andy murray and chris hoy both use the facilities here plus the falkirk football team train here aswell:eek:

I actually looked at a few Scottish unis (including Stirling:)) although rather late on in my search so I already had my mind set on those four. I could fly instead of driving but I don't fancy the cold much:o.

I actually looked at a few Scottish unis (including Stirling:)) although rather late on in my search so I already had my mind set on those four. I could fly instead of driving but I don't fancy the cold much:o.

lol I won't deny that its cold up here but good luck with your application and hope you get into first choice:)

How many UCAS points do you need for Leeds?

Would love to go to Uni there, would finally get the chance to see the team regularly. What's the standard like? I'm doing three A-levels and one AS level, aiming for As and Bs in all. Wonder if I could do better.

Haven't even considered Uni yet, but love the idea of spending a few years in Leeds.

Seft, although my Uni is bournemouth, me missus, and best mate are up in Leeds, fantastic city for a student mate !

Leeds Uni is very good academically, and im guessing you would need 300 at least for the more prestigous courses.

Leds Met is also a good Uni, especially for Sport and other vocational type courses :-)

Yeah Baby! Conditional from Loughborough:D. I need an A in Maths and 280 points. Beautiful:D.

Declined from Leicester and 240 for Hull(Newcastle's was too high in the end so I went Hull). Still awaiting replies from Essex and Northumbria; Essex invited me for an interview.

I've applied to do Criminolgy and Sociology at UWE, Brighton, Kent, Leciester and Sheffield.

I've got Conditional offers from all of them apart from Sheffield which I'm waiting for, I'm a London boy, so moving out is going to be hard, just thinking about it now:(

Desperate to go to Lougborough if I don't end up playing football!!! It just looks such a cracking place and I'm working my balls off in school atm to get there. Anyone confirm it? Anyone go there?

its meant to be good for sports science and business studies/marketing stuff

Other choices is obviously America... Anyone from there in? Went over to see a couple this year. Standard of football is good anyway.

on a ncaa sports scholarship? mate of mine went to texas i think on a golf scholarship and loved it, sports scholarships in the states mean far more over there than here ;)