Round The World Challenge - Report Thread

MarkSwift2

Re: Round The World Challenge - Report Thread

Liverpool make 4 signings!

Yoann Gourcuff, Sandro Ranieri, Hieko Westermann and André-Pierre Gignac were the signings made by manager Luke Tudor this morning.

"Im a huge fan of Gourcuff and he should be a solid 92 and most likely a 93 by the next changes. Sandro Ranieri is also a Brazilian International with huge potential and Hieko Westermann a top class defender. I realise that people may be thinking we are taking a risk signing Gignac but in my opinion he should hit 91 by the next changes and definetly be a solid 90.

Valletta Announce 23 new Players

Today the Maltese side had announced the signing of 23 new players, most of them youth-teamers. These include the likes of Dobias, Pehlivan and Verratti.

They also announced the loan-signings of De Ceglie and Iaquinta, both from Juventus (I take the opportunity to thank the manager:)). Also they are waiting for responce regarding the loan bid for Gago of Real Madrid.

123_1192673039.gif

Roma Transfer Update

Roma have signed 10 new players and sold 2. This is excluding Part-Exchange deals. Here is all the deatails. Alot of youth players joined Roma to start with, usually on the cheap. Kyle Walker and Jordan Henderson joined from Sheffield United and Sunderland respectivly. Walker for a fee of 700k and Henderson for 1.8m. 2 French players joined, but two very differant players. Allasane N'Diaye is a youngster from Crystal Palace he only cost 600k unlike the other French man, experianced David Trezeguet came from Juventus for 6.5m plus Mirko Vucinic. Welsh superstar Adam Matthews joined for 800k. 16 year old Jan Oblak came for 1.4m, Miroslav Stoch joined from FC Twente and Matic Crnic from NK Maribor. Spanish Wonderkid Iker Muiain flew over too Italy from Athletic Club and Swedish sensation Marcus Berg cost 12.5m and Mauro Esposito. In the out catagory, Julio Sergio left too Bresica for 1.5m and Daniele De Rossi left for 15m plus Roque Santa Cruz and Stephen Ireland.

2_4430_roque-santa-cruz.jpg

(Roque Santa Cruz arrives at the Stadio Olympico)

stephenireland1.jpg

(Ireland is superman will be sung out-loud by the Roma fans)

0+daniele+de+rossi+roma+barcelona+as.bmp

(Santa and Superman join as De Rossi says goodbye)

Mertens and Stanislas Arrive

In two fairly low key deals Junior Stanislas of west ham and Driees Mertens of AGOVV signed for a combined fee of 2.170 million pounds, clifford was happy about the signature of the youngsters saying

" there two youngsters with big reputations at there previous clubs and to get them here is brilliant they wont feature in the first team side of things but there great backup and can play as wingers and attacking midfeilders so offer us great cover and will prove vital squad players throughout the season"

JuniorStanislas_633715899014123750.jpg

20090116141924-AGOVV_Dries_Mertens_18_8_08.jpg

12_front_small.png1.gif117_front_small.png

England Appoint Swift As Manager

Fabio Cappelo has today told the press that he lost his temper with the FA and walked out of the England team speaking Italian. They had to look quickly for a replacement, Stuart Pearce was the obvious choice but he rejected the job offer becuase he feels he needs to win something with the U21's. Mark Swift, a new, unkown manager was given the chance of a life time and this is what he said in an earlier press conferance.
Well, what do I say. This is the best week of my life, Roma wanted me, then England. This just doesn't happen. When I woke up a week ago, I was managing my local pub team and still at college. Now I'm the manager of England and everyone is watching me. What do you say? Thank You? I'm trying too work out if someone is fxing this for me, I can't see who would but in this life time you never know.

3016_1227090298.jpg13512_1251293266.jpg2283_1253027588.jpg

The new signings (left to right): Senna, Hamsik and Frey

Three new faces at Valencia

Valencia have began the strengthening process adding three new big name faces to the line-up. First to sign was Spanish international Marcos Senna for a fee of 7.5million and Ever Banega. He is set to replace Albelda in the starting ine-up after the latter was sold to Napoli, along with Miku and 3.5million for promising Slovakian Marek Hamsik. The final big name signing was Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastian Frey, who signed for 7.7 million, Cesar Sanchez and Bruno Saltor.

Manager Jared said this about the transfers, ' I am thrilled with all these signings. They will make us a much stronger outfit.'

Also to sign were a trio of players playing in Australia. Kofi Danning, touted as a future Socceroos star was signed for 200k. Other promising youngsters Adama Traore and Isaka Cernak were signed for 10k and 80k.

l93278510437_3365.jpg

Sky News

Reports from manchester suggest Man united brazilian defender Fabio has joined rivals Arsenal this comes as a shock to Man united fans as they didn't expect Fabio to be sold to Arsenal. This is what Arsenal gafa had to say about his 4th signing " “Fabio is a great signing for Arsenal Football Club, and we are all delighted that he is joining us. Fabio is a solid performer with good experience. Fabio is primarily a left-footed Left back, but he’s multi-functional and can also play at Left Mid. He is strong technically with a positive winner’s attitude and I have no doubt his arrival will strengthen our team. Fabio will be a huge asset to Arsenal.”

After completing his move to the Gunners, Fabio said: “Firstly, I have to say that I’m sad to be leaving Manchester United and I would just like to thank everyone for their help and friendship towards me.I’m just so happy to be joining Arsenal. This is a great Club with a world class manager, high quality players and a fantastic stadium. Everything is set up for Arsenal to be very successful for years to come and I joined this Club because I know Arsenal will be challenging for trophies.

I haven't had a good taste of Smfa Cup and shield during my time with Manchester United and this is something I am looking forward to experiencing with Arsenal. Also, I just want to assure the Arsenal fans that I will give everything for this Club and I hope we can enjoy winning some trophies together this season.”

fcporto.jpg

British Times

Fc Porto has appoint manager Manveer sidhu as their new manager after week and week of waiting and after many jobs interviews the Dragões have finally found the man for the job and this is what he had to say " Manveer Sidhu has come out and said " I am very plased that the board has appointed me as the manager of this great club and i am keen to deliver and give the fans something to cheer about".

40799_1250333316.jpg

Valencia steal Moritz

Valencia have confirmed the capture of promising German Christoph Moritz from FC Schalke for 800k. Valencia were late to bid after it look liked the midfielder was going to Italy to join either Inter or Genoa. Moritz's move is now subject to a medical. Manager Jared said this about the deal, 'We are very happy with this deal. I know he become a big name player than that is why we were prepared to fork out that sum for him. After he completes his deal, subject to a medical, he will be availible for loan.

LAHM AT EASTLANDS

Philipp Lahm has today been seen arriving at Eastlands, amid widespread speculation that the German international will be joining Manchester City.

Lahm arrived just hours ago at Manchester airport, on a private plane flown straight from Munich. City manager Tom Rodwell refused to comment on any potential deal for the German, instead simply saying that he was 'busy'.

City fans seem to be delighted with the prospect of bringing in Lahm, after Daniele De Rossi signed just days ago. The Citizens seem to still be targeting top players of all nationalities, as the Abu Dhabi owners continue to plough money into the football club.

Could Lahm be a Manchester City player soon? Watch this space.

Philipp_Lahm_smile.jpg

Lahm- headed for Eastlands?

Tom Tamburro Confident For Next Game

Tom Tamburro has stated he is confident that he will win the next game against Shanghai Shenhua.

Tom said "All my players are fit, The only worry is that my formation might not work, if it does, then beware, but if it doesnt, its back to the black board"

Rumours are that Spurs Are looking for a DM.

Anyone?

Tom Tamburro Confident For Next Game

Tom Tamburro has stated he is confident that he will win the next game against Shanghai Shenhua.

Tom said "All my players are fit' date=' The only worry is that my formation might not work, if it does, then beware, but if it doesnt, its back to the black board"

Rumours are that Spurs Are looking for a DM.

Anyone?[/center']

if gozzy doesnt wont to loan poulsen you can have him for transfer but not on loan as i broke an agreement with gozzy so i will only consider loaning to him