The Daily Debate

pthame 3d

I feel like making a topic for people to talk about different topics in the world of football' date=' so here it is!

The first topic, to finish on Monday:

Is a penalty enough when a goalkeeper fouls a player in the box, or should they get carded as well?[/quote']

good idea here.

i think it is enough unless they injure the player.so if the player gets no injury it's a penalty with no card,if they get a minor injury a yellow card as well and if they seriously injure the player they get a red.i am sure this idea would work well.

good idea here.

i think it is enough unless they injure the player.so if the player gets no injury it's a penalty with no card' date='if they get a minor injury a yellow card as well and if they seriously injure the player they get a red.i am sure this idea would work well.[/quote']

I think all that would happen from that idea geroge, is a lot more players rolling around on the floor faking injury in the hope of the keeper getting a red card. As the rule stands if i'm right the keeper should go if they are deemed to have halted the forwards approach on goal and it is a goalscoring oppertunity. If the player is heading away from goal then a yellow is fine and a penalty awarded. The game would not benefit from more players having excuses to dive and cheat in the hope of getting a penalty. In fact a player who is blatently caught diving should result in a penalty at the other end but that can be another debate. Great idea paul hope to see more on monday.

I think all that would happen from that idea geroge' date=' is a lot more players rolling around on the floor faking injury in the hope of the keeper getting a red card. As the rule stands if i'm right the keeper should go if they are deemed to have halted the forwards approach on goal and it is a goalscoring oppertunity. If the player is heading away from goal then a yellow is fine and a penalty awarded. The game would not benefit from more players having excuses to dive and cheat in the hope of getting a penalty. In fact a player who is blatently caught diving should result in a penalty at the other end but that can be another debate. Great idea paul hope to see more on monday.[/quote']

yeah but there would be no decision until the physio has been brought on.or if the strecher came on,they would jump up then :D

everyone has a go at mourinho for not starting in a 4-3-3 with 2 wingers. yet when he brings them on their freshness and pace invariably carve open defences almost at will.

would they be so proficient at creating chances if they started the full 90 minutes?

yes maybe, personally i feel he plays because there are so many options that can be changed. if he has they players (he certainly does) then why not.

ie. 4-3-3 3 forwards with pace good for counter attacks, theres back up from the midfield in the variation from lampard and ballack (still say they cant play with eack other). goal scoring oppertunities are written all over this.

they get an early lead wingers can sit back make a 5 man midfield. to try and get foot hold on the game and to control it...

or they lose an early goal and they to attacting minded mids push up and leave the Dm to cover. more like going to 4-1-2-3.

for me moriniho's 4-3-3 says to me is control, which is what hes all about...

The reason why he reverts to the 4-3-3 system late on in the game is that the opposing players are tired, and the diamond system has worn them down.

Robben and W Phillips then come on and exploit the oppositions fatigue.

Also if you are playing the same way against Chelsea for 70 mins, you would get used to covering the same players, and the same areas.

As soon as these are changed, it causes confusion and indecision.

If it was'nt for Steven Gerrard, Pardew would still be at W/Ham.

As an FA Cup winner, there would have been no way they could dismiss him.

The problem W/Ham have is that too many players are resting on their laurels.

It is difficult to stay in the Prem once promoted, but even harder the season after.

With their disappointment against Palermo, then in the Carling Cup, the situation just snowballed from there.

If you mean the english football league i would say it is good,more money,better players etc.

If you mean the english football team,i would have to say no,as alot of the upcoming young talent will find it increasingly difficult to break into regular top flight football because of increased foreign competition.

• 8 months later...

Re: The Daily Debate

Thought i would bring to life this thread started by Paul with a slight change.A daily football happening which will get us all debating on the forum again.

First up.

Tues 11th Sept 2007

Russia target Robinson!!

Russia have identified goalkeeper Paul Robinson as England's weakest link ahead of the Euro 2008 qualifier on Wednesday

And Guus Hiddink's side will target the Tottenham shotstopper during the crucial clash at Wembley.

Taken from Yahoo Sport-Euro Sport.

Thoughts please

Personally i think Robinson has being getting some unfair targeting,particullary from the English press who seem to have made up their mind that they want him out(just like they did with Beckham).I don't think there is a replacement for Robinson just at this time,James is past his best and would not be a Keeper for the future.

The Russians seem to have picked up on this media fall out and have tried to exploit this situation to their advantage.

Just my thoughts over to you!!!:)

Carson has really impressed me for villa this season, we needed someone like him in goal and its showing.

He is a great talent, even Petr Cech said he has the ability to challenge for number 1 england goal keeper. But for now, i have to agree with Shlebourne, a few more friendlies. Cant throw him in the deep end, especially with how much pressure england is under atm.

I reckon give him a season or two and he will be there.

Kev, i to reckon Robinson has got some injust stick, but it wouldn't over ever occurred imo if people didnt over rate him.

Yes i think Carson or Foster are the future for Englands Goalkeeping,but let us not forget Robinson is only 27 and probably has not reached his peak as this is relativly young in goalkeeping terms.

Only other contenders would be Kirkland,Green and maybe Nicky Weaver,other point i was trying to make is that the some of the English press seem to have targeted Robinson and want him out but i cannot see who they want to replace him with?

Great to see a bit of debating started in the forum again:)

Yes i think Carson or Foster are the future for Englands Goalkeeping' date='but let us not forget Robinson is only 27 and probably has not reached his peak as this is relativly young in goalkeeping terms.

Only other contenders would be Kirkland,Green and maybe Nicky Weaver,other point i was trying to make is that the some of the English press seem to have targeted Robinson and want him out but i cannot see who they want to replace him with?

Great to see a bit of debating started in the forum again:)[/quote']

Iv personally never rated Robinson that much ! i know he is a good keeper i just feel he has had lucky breaks in his career.

IMO he should be England keeper for now.

The press in england jump on anyone who makes a mistake, but Robinson this season has not only made mistakes but just hasnt been performing well in the league and at International. i think thats one reason why the media jump on his back, regardless of how just it is