results

27-03-2009 UEFA Under 21 D Luxembourg U21 0 - 0 Wales U21

31-03-2009 UEFA Under 21 W Wales U21 5 - 1 Luxembourg U21

12-08-2009 UEFA Under 21 W Wales U21 4 - 1 Hungary U21

04-09-2009 UEFA Under 21 W Wales U21 2 - 1 Italy U21

Next Match - V Bosnia-Herzogovina - Today - Kick off 12:45

Re: Official Wales-U21's thread

Wales-U21 team to play Bosnia-Herzogovina

Wales U21: Maxwell (Wrexham), Morris (Cardiff), Neil Taylor (Wrexham), King (Leicester), Blake (Cardiff (on loan at Plymouth)), Ribeiro (Bristol. C), Richards (Swansea), Craig (Everton), Williams (Everton), Evans (Sheff. U), MacDonald (Swansea).

Subs: Cornell (Swansea), Alfei (Swansea), Thomas (Swansea), Wilson (Brentford), Bodin (Swindon0, Jake Taylor (Reading), Chamberlain (Leicester City).

Wales 2 - 0 Bosnia-Herzegovina

56, Ched Evans

90, Ched Evans

Wales took a 6 point lead on the top of group 3 in the Euro Championship Qualifiers after a convincing 2-0 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina. Bosnia played very well but Ched Evans managed to give Wales the lead after 56 minutes and secured the win with his second in stoppage time.

SwanseaJack's Man of the Match

3f8b457f-ba1a-4dfc-90d4-614509dda13d.jpg

Andy King

Played very well throughout the match and held on to the ball well with Jazz Richards. Struggled at times after Jazz was subbed off but had a very good game and deserves to be my Man of the Match.

• 3 weeks later...

Wales Under-21 squad to face Bosnia-Herzegovina in Sarajevo on Wednesday 18 November, 2009:

GK - David Cornell (Swansea City - N.O.D.B), Chris Maxwell (Wrexham - 63)

DEF- Darcy Blake (Cardiff City, on loan at Plymouth Argyle - 76), Neal Eardley (Blackpool - 79) ,Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur - 87), Chris Gunter (Nottingham Forest - 84), Adam Matthews (Cardiff City - 75), Aaron Morris (Cardiff City - 70), Lewin Nyatanga (Bristol City - 82), Christian Ribeiro (Bristol City - 70), Ashley Richards (Swansea City - 74), Neil Taylor (Wrexham - 67), James Wilson (Bristol City, on loan at Brentford - 73),

MID- Joe Allen (Swansea City - 80), Billy Bodin (Swindon Town - N.O.D.B), Mark Bradley (Walsall - 77), Jack Collison (West Ham United - 85), Andy King (Leicester City - 80), Shaun MacDonald (Swansea City, on loan at Yeovil Town - 76), Joe Partington (Bournemouth - 68 ), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal - 84), Elliott Chamberlain (Leicester City - N.O.D.B),

FWD- Simon Church (Reading - 75), Ched Evans (Sheffield United - 84), Casey Thomas (Swansea City - N.O.D.B), Sam Vokes (Wolverhampton Wanderers, on loan at Leeds Utd - 80), Marc Williams (Wrexham - 70)

N.O.D.B - Not on Database

Likely Line Up

Maxwell

Gunter Blake Ribeiro Bale

Macdonald© Allen Ramsey Collison

Church Vokes

Subs- Cornell, Taylor, Eardley, King, Bradley, Evans, Williams

Wow' date=' the future looks good for the Welsh NT. :) Perhaps in a few years we'll get into a major competition for the first time in half a century. :P[/quote']

yeah hoping so, only been to the world cup once, when we got to the quarters in 1958 and never been to any of the European chamionships

• 2 weeks later...

First loss of the qualifing capmpaign with a 2-1 loss away to Bosnia,

not happy that we didn't take the most of our chances and through away our early lead

Joe Allen got a goal after 5 minutes, and he was by far the best player on the pitch, the strikers need to be more active and get more touches on the ball aswell as dropping deep at times

hopefully can do better in 2 remaining qualifing matches, away to Hungary and Italy

Billy Bodin seems to be another top talent. Year above mine, went to a nearby secondary school to mine, and although I don't know him personally, I have tonnes of mates who went to school with him, played alongside him and have hung out with him.

Only 17, already a member of the Wales U21 squad.

17 year old goalkeeper Ryan Jones is also making irregular appearances on the Leeds bench. Must have some potential.

Jon Williams of Crystal Palace is also another big prospect.

Billy Bodin seems to be another top talent. Year above mine' date=' went to a nearby secondary school to mine, and although I don't know him personally, I have tonnes of mates who went to school with him, played alongside him and have hung out with him.

Only 17, already a member of the Wales U21 squad.

17 year old goalkeeper Ryan Jones is also making irregular appearances on the Leeds bench. Must have some potential.

Jon Williams of Crystal Palace is also another big prospect.[/quote']

Billy Bodin is looking like he will play a part in the next generation of U21 players, out of the side by a long way and made the appearance against Bosnia with a lot of players that didn't usually play. Big prospect at 17, and looks like he might get the odd appearance at the moment, but will get more and more games as he improves and gains experience.

First time i've heard of Ryan Jones, but dont think he has much of a chance i.m.o, Maxwell has claimed the no.1 shirt as the Wrexham no. 1 but has showed he can play at a higher level and has done very well with the U21's.

Cornell has secured the 2nd choice keeper aswell, yet to make an appearance but has been on the bench all season really, has featured once for Swansea this season and was called up to the Wales squad as the third choice keeper V Scotland.

Haven't heard much about Jon Williams but he could well feature in the years to come for the U21's.

Billy Bodin is looking like he will play a part in the next generation of U21 players' date=' out of the side by a long way and made the appearance against Bosnia with a lot of players that didn't usually play. Big prospect at 17, and looks like he might get the odd appearance at the moment, but will get more and more games as he improves and gains experience.

First time i've heard of Ryan Jones, but dont think he has much of a chance i.m.o, Maxwell has claimed the no.1 shirt as the Wrexham no. 1 but has showed he can play at a higher level and has done very well with the U21's.

Cornell has secured the 2nd choice keeper aswell, yet to make an appearance but has been on the bench all season really, has featured once for Swansea this season and was called up to the Wales squad as the third choice keeper V Scotland.

Haven't heard much about Jon Williams but he could well feature in the years to come for the U21's.[/quote']

Just found out that Ryan Jones doesn't actually qualify to play for Wales. Some sites claim he is Welsh (probably due to sharing the name of a Welsh rugby player), but according to Leeds he is English. It's a shame, because he definitely would be in that squad.

Jon Williams is still in school, which is probably why you haven't heard of him. ;) Has been a regular for the U16s since he was 14 (made his debut when he was 13!) and is a regular in the U17 squad, along with another promise in Jordan Prosser. 1 goal in 9 caps for the U17s, only recently turned 16.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Adam Matthews as well, I'm sure you'll know of him. ;) Getting good game time at Cardiff and started against Bosnia, guessing he's the first choice RB for the U21s? Only 17 too, very big future. Lets just hope he doesn't go the same way as Chris Gunter.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Adam Matthews as well' date=' I'm sure you'll know of him. ;) Getting good game time at Cardiff and started against Bosnia, guessing he's the first choice RB for the U21s? Only 17 too, very big future. Lets just hope he doesn't go the same way as Chris Gunter.[/quote']

He had to come off at half time V Bosnia, and was replaced by Jazz Richards

He's a regular at Cardiff, but will probably miss saturdasy's game V Barnsley because of that injury

Definatly a massive prospect, and was Cardiff's best player in the 3-2 loss to the Super Swans.

He's the second choice right back for the U21's behind Chris Gunter, but Gunter only plays for the important matches so he'll usually play, but Bosnia was only his first cap so they'll build up his playing time for the U21's.

Jazz Richards performed much better than him on Wednesday, and has played superb for the U21's, if he can get more game time at Swansea then he'll probably start for the U21's.

Just found out that Ryan Jones doesn't actually qualify to play for Wales. Some sites claim he is Welsh (probably due to sharing the name of a Welsh rugby player)' date=' but according to Leeds he is English. It's a shame, because he definitely would be in that squad.

Jon Williams is still in school, which is probably why you haven't heard of him. ;) Has been a regular for the U16s since he was 14 (made his debut when he was 13!) and is a regular in the U17 squad, along with another promise in Jordan Prosser. 1 goal in 9 caps for the U17s, only recently turned 16.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Adam Matthews as well, I'm sure you'll know of him. ;) Getting good game time at Cardiff and started against Bosnia, guessing he's the first choice RB for the U21s? Only 17 too, very big future. [b']Lets just hope he doesn't go the same way as Chris Gunter[/b].

Sadly he might. Apparently (though I missed the Newspapers on Sunday) he could be off to Arsenal in January.

Sadly he might. Apparently (though I missed the Newspapers on Sunday) he could be off to Arsenal in January.

I've heard that Arsenal will loan him back out to Cardiff for the rest of the season if they sign him for a reported fee of £3 million

Cardiff do need the money and quickly, they're in massive debt and season tickets for next season are already on sale and they're main offers are ending on christmas.

• 6 months later...

Just thought i might aswell let anyone know when our final two fixtures are scheduled for.

3rd September - Hungary V Wales

6th September - Italy V Wales

A win against Hungary should be enough to win the group with a better goal difference then Italy, unless they can gain goal difference significantly,

• 3 months later...

3rd September - Hungary 0 V 1 Wales

Line-Up: Maxwell, Matthews (Richards 16), Neil Taylor, Doble, Stephens, Morris, Allen, Bradley, Robson-Kanu, Marc Williams (Partington 60), MacDonald.

Subs Not-Used: Cornell, Bender, Bodin, Jake Taylor, Chamberlain, Jonathan Williams.

A Hal Robson-Kanu goal gives what was a weak Wales U-21 squad a win in Hungary and sets them up for a massive game against Italy on Monday. They need to avoid defeat to go through to the Euro's, if not and there in the play-offs where last time they met England and narrowly lost.

Jazz Richards looked key according to the BBC, setting up the first goal. Robson-Kanu also missed a penalty.