Sign in to follow this  
Beckham23

LB and CB Needed!!

Looking for a LB to replace Moretti and a CB to replace Marchena..

LB options: Currently thinking about Taiwo or Felipe

CB options: ??

Who would you guys suggest?

Any help would be appreciated cheers!!

* Also selling Vicente, thoughts on who i can replace him with?

Re: LB and CB Needed!!

Vermaelen would be a good choice for cb if he's available. Currently rated at 88 so you may be able to get him fairly cheaply and has a good chance of rising to 90 if he continues his current form. He's also been made captain of Belgium.

Gamberini would also be a decent alternative for cb. Played 6 out of 7 games in a quality Fiorentina defence that has conceded the least goals so far in serie a with 5 clean sheets. Currently rated 91 but could possible rise to 92.

:)

Vermaelen would be a good choice for cb if he's available. Currently rated at 88 so you may be able to get him fairly cheaply and has a good chance of rising to 90 if he continues his current form. He's also been made captain of Belgium.

Gamberini would also be a decent alternative for cb. Played 6 out of 7 games in a quality Fiorentina defence that has conceded the least goals so far in serie a with 5 clean sheets. Currently rated 91 but could possible rise to 92.

:)

Thanks for the help but neither are available :(

Rep given

Thanks for the help but neither are available :(

Rep given

The easiest thing would be for you to list the guys that are available, and we can help you further. Otherwise I could be lobbing names at you all night. If you are in a competitive setup, than most names will already be gone.

The easiest thing would be for you to list the guys that are available' date=' and we can help you further. Otherwise I could be lobbing names at you all night. If you are in a competitive setup, than most names will already be gone.[/quote']

Available:

LB: Filipe, Taiwo, Schafer

CB: Hangeland, Van der Wiel, Ivanovic

Other: Eduardo da silva, Bent, Grafite

*any other Suggestions?

Available:

LB: Filipe' date=' Taiwo, Schafer

CB: Hangeland, Van der Wiel, Ivanovic

Other: Eduardo da silva, Bent, Grafite

*any other Suggestions?[/quote']

Well, Aly Cissokho could be a good choice as he was impressing for Porto before and he's playing quite a bit at Lyon as well. Deportivo's Filipe is quite a player as well.

As for a CB, why not try Kjaer or Marcano? Or are you looking for older ones with higher ratings?

Well' date=' Aly Cissokho could be a good choice as he was impressing for Porto before and he's playing quite a bit at Lyon as well. Deportivo's Filipe is quite a player as well.

As for a CB, why not try Kjaer or Marcano? Or are you looking for older ones with higher ratings?[/quote']

I already have Kjaer =], I was looking for a player to replace Marchena as he will probably drop (wont rise anyway), so a player around 89 rising into the 90's would be great.

I already have Kjaer =]' date=' I was looking for a player to replace Marchena as he will probably drop (wont rise anyway), so a player around 89 rising into the 90's would be great.[/quote']

While if you'd look around forum you'd find some, I will recommend some players ;)

Tasci, Pique (if possible buy now), Chryginski, Zapata (he probably won't rise now, but he's a great defender and well-worth having), Thiago Silva, Agger, Vermaelen, J. Evans are all talented and all worth a buy. If possible, Pique would be the pick of the bunch, followed by Vermaelen and Thiago Silva.