What tv series are you into?

Mya

Re: What tv series are you into?

Agreed.

I only liked the first season of Prison Break' date=' it really went downhill after that. Breaking Bad is on another level entirely. True Detective is not for everyone, I think. The plot is almost secondary, it's more of a study in character and quite slow paced.[/quote']

Just finished watching the 4th episode and I'm definitely hooked now. The energy in the last 15 minutes or so was incredible, genuinely one of the most intense scenes I've ever watched. I'm really starting to dig Matthew McConaughey's character now as well, he comes off with some great one liners.

I'm enjoying Dexter. Just started season 4. Curiously manages to be both incredibly dark and normal all at the same time. Not got the complexity and detail that Breaking Bad had though.

Season 4 is great' date=' as good as any of the breaking Bad seasons. Beyond that, it becomes repetitive and a mixture of bizarre and downright terrible. And that last season...good lord!

IMO of course.:o

Just finished watching the 4th episode and I'm definitely hooked now. The energy in the last 15 minutes or so was incredible, genuinely one of the most intense scenes I've ever watched. I'm really starting to dig Matthew McConaughey's character now as well, he comes off with some great one liners.

Yeah, his character in the show and acting is great. According to wiki, they are going to have new characters every season which I think is a good move. These detective shows have a tendency to drag on pointlessly and this might keep it fresh.

I'm enjoying Dexter. Just started season 4. Curiously manages to be both incredibly dark and normal all at the same time. Not got the complexity and detail that Breaking Bad had though.

Enjoy season 4 as much as you can, cause after that its a one way downhill route for Dexter...

Season 4 is great' date=' as good as any of the breaking Bad seasons. Beyond that, it becomes repetitive and a mixture of bizarre and downright terrible. And that last season...good lord!

IMO of course.:o

Yeah, his character in the show and acting is great. According to wiki, they are going to have new characters every season which I think is a good move. These detective shows have a tendency to drag on pointlessly and this might keep it fresh.[/quote']

Agreed with regards to season 4. Incredible. However I only thought season 8 was bad. I enjoyed season 7 and 6

the thing with dexter is that after the 4th season, it all gets quite cliche and you get the feeling you arleady saw that in previous seasons.

Season 6 is just awful, especially the main plot with the main 'villain', imo that was just stupid and full of contradictions.

Also season 7 and 8 should have been the seasons for a correct and great end for dexter, in season 7 stuff should have started to fall apart for dexter, with the last season being a manhunt.

But instead season 7 is just a regular season. And the final Season also feelt just like a regular season, with an absolutely worthless Series Finale, which felt just like a normal season finale*.

The writers of the show decided to drag on the story of dexter with recycled ideas after season 4, and 2 seasons sub par i would be fine with, but the last 2 seasons are what really bother me, they should have been focused on slowly collapsing Dexters world, but nothing of that sort happens. This show deserved a much better ending that what it got.

*Ps. Incase you dont know

Season finale= it implies that there is supposed to be a new season afterwards.

Series Finale = The finale of the story and of the show.

the thing with dexter is that after the 4th season' date=' it all gets quite cliche and you get the feeling you arleady saw that in previous seasons.

Season 6 is just awful, especially the main plot with the main 'villain', imo that was just stupid and full of contradictions.

Also season 7 and 8 should have been the seasons for a correct and great end for dexter, in season 7 stuff should have started to fall apart for dexter, with the last season being a manhunt.

But instead season 7 is just a regular season. And the final Season also feelt just like a regular season, with an absolutely worthless Series Finale, which felt just like a normal season finale*.

The writers of the show decided to drag on the story of dexter with recycled ideas after season 4, and 2 seasons sub par i would be fine with, but the last 2 seasons are what really bother me, they should have been focused on slowly collapsing Dexters world, but nothing of that sort happens. This show deserved a much better ending that what it got.

*Ps. Incase you dont know

Season finale= it implies that there is supposed to be a new season afterwards.

Series Finale = The finale of the story and of the show.[/quote']

SPOILERS

I actually really enjoyed season 6. I do agree that they should have done the whole spiralling out of control thing to end the show properly rather than just kinda recycling. Still, I found season 7 fun but season 8 should have been much different.

I was watching the first episode of True Detective yesterday' date=' but fell asleep after 10 minutes. It looks kinda, I don't know how to put it , dark ? Is it worth watching ?[/quote']

Got this on record for tomorrow. Like this kinda stuff with police (Silent Witness, Hannibal, Blacklist etc).

Looking forward to the return of Revolution (1st/2nd march) and Blacklist (28th feb)

Gang Related, new series starting in May.

Looks pretty good. Like The Shield, but it won't be as good I think, also the story line seems inspired a bit by The Departed (pretty good movie).

It features some familiar TV Series faces and written by the writers of The Fast and The Furious (dunno if that's positive .. lol :P )

aCz7j1ekE1U

The series follows members of the Los Angeles Police Department's elite Gang Task Force as they take on three of the area's most dangerous gangs, including one gang that a task member has ties to.

Out of interest' date=' on IMDb Highest Rated TV Series with minimum 5000 votes True Detective is 4th, with a rating of 9.5/10 with 31,461 user votes so far.

(1st - Breaking Bad, 2nd - Planet Earth, 3rd - Game of Thrones).[/quote']

Hasn't this only just started? Putting it in the same sentence as the like of Game Of Thrones and The Wire is a little premature for me.

Out of interest' date=' on IMDb Highest Rated TV Series with minimum 5000 votes True Detective is 4th, with a rating of 9.5/10 with 31,461 user votes so far.

Fun Fact: The 14th episode of the final season of BB has a perfect 10/10 score and that's with well over 40k votes:eek:

Hasn't this only just started? Putting it in the same sentence as the like of Game Of Thrones and The Wire is a little premature for me.

Exactly. Only 6 or so episodes have aired. Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Breaking bad or the wire just yet.

I havent seen it' date=' I'm guessing its been on a little longer in the US.

On their list it qualifies it if it has over 5000 votes so take it as you wish.

Fun Fact: The 14th episode of the final season of BB has a perfect 10/10 score and that's with well over 40k votes:eek:

I'd give it 10/10, amazing episode.

Exactly. Only 6 or so episodes have aired. Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Breaking bad or the wire just yet.

It must be pretty good to get a 9.5/10 average after over 31,000 votes.

Yeah' date=' his character in the show and acting is great. According to wiki, they are going to have new characters every season which I think is a good move. These detective shows have a tendency to drag on pointlessly and this might keep it fresh.[/quote']

Yeah I read that as well. I wonder if Bryan Cranston would be interested in doing a season?

I was watching the first episode of True Detective yesterday' date=' but fell asleep after 10 minutes. It looks kinda, I don't know how to put it , dark ? Is it worth watching ?[/quote']

I thought it was quite boring at the beginning as well. Try to watch the first four episodes if you can. It really starts to pick up all of a sudden. Also I think the look you're talking about is because it was done on film and not digital. I quite like it if I'm honest.