GC19 discussion / rumours etc thread

sonofpluto

Re: GC19 discussion / rumours etc thread

Im pretty peeved that United look odds on to win the title now, wish it was one of us boys :o

Im after a little more quality so looking to bring in a W or F using the like of Affellay, Barnetta, Cardozo.

May also be interested in a CB 90+ and will use Reinartz as a direct replacement, plus someone else.

Hoping to sell Vertonghen to, sent a PM out hopefully that gets answered.

Dan, Stifler, who are your remaining fixtures?

Iv got Liverpool (H), then un-managed West Ham (A) and Portsmouth (H).

Manchester United have

Everton (A), un-managed Stockport (H) and then Chelsea (A) as well as two legs in the SMFA cup semi against Bayern.

He could drop points !

Realistically I need to win all my games as he has a GD of +7 better than mine

COME ON THE CHERRIES

Anyways, my GM was running out around a week ago got a months membership, but iv decided to renew it again, pretty much for this GC and this GC only.

Let my other accounts go a while ago now.

Napoli Update:

League:

Pretty much where we were as we stand three points behind AC Milan with two games to play. Both teams have been inconsistaent of late and whenever one side has slipped up so has the other side. Chances to level with Milan have not been taken and lead to frustration. AC Milan have two very easy games on paper left against unmanaged sides so already resigned myself to second place but all we can do is try to do our job against Bologna and Sampdoria and hope for a miracle.

Italian Cup

Napoli have progressed serenely through to the final where we will meet yep you guessed it AC Milan. A comfotable 3-0 win against unmanaged Cagliari in the semi-final seeing us through as we seek to complete a domestic cup double.

Choked well and proper.

4 defeats in my last 7 league games.

Still got a Cup Final to look forward to on Tuesday though, and can still finish 3rd. I'd take 4th now though as a defeat on the final day could see me slip out of the top 4.

Pretty gutted about the amount of players that will miss the final though, and the 35 goals they could of brought with them. Might have to make a last minute decision whether to give Yilmaz the whole responsibility at the head of the team or to pass it on to Schurrle with Huntelaar unable to play.

Napoli Update:

League:

Pretty much where we were as we stand three points behind AC Milan with two games to play. Both teams have been inconsistaent of late and whenever one side has slipped up so has the other side. Chances to level with Milan have not been taken and lead to frustration. AC Milan have two very easy games on paper left against unmanaged sides so already resigned myself to second place but all we can do is try to do our job against Bologna and Sampdoria and hope for a miracle.

Italian Cup

Napoli have progressed serenely through to the final where we will meet yep you guessed it AC Milan. A comfotable 3-0 win against unmanaged Cagliari in the semi-final seeing us through as we seek to complete a domestic cup double.

Been a good battle and really enjoyed this season. I did beat him a few weeks back but you lost as well

368.jpg

SEVILLA UPDATE

Have yet to post in this thread but I've been in charge of a stuttering Sevilla for just over a month now. The team had only won 3 of their last 16 games prior to my arrival and were lingering just above the relegation zone but 7 wins from our last 10 games has moved us to safety.

Daniel Sturridge has been the main reason behind the upturn in form, bagging 7 goals from those 10 games and I'll be looking for more from Bony next season following his +1 to 89.

I'm fairly happy with the mix of youth and experience in the team but am always open to dealing. Ideally, I'd like to shift Robinho (91) out in the summer for a defender so get in touch if you're interested in any sort of deal.

Choked well and proper.

4 defeats in my last 7 league games.

Still got a Cup Final to look forward to on Tuesday though' date=' and can still finish 3rd. I'd take 4th now though as a defeat on the final day could see me slip out of the top 4.

Pretty gutted about the amount of players that will miss the final though, and the 35 goals they could of brought with them. Might have to make a last minute decision whether to give Yilmaz the whole responsibility at the head of the team or to pass it on to Schurrle with Huntelaar unable to play.[/quote']

Update:

Beat Notts County 2-0 in the Final, Inui putting in yet another masterclass providing his 10th assist and 10th goal in what has only been a 14 game season for the Japanese international. Not too bad for £6m.

And then go and draw 1-1 with Reading to clinch 4th place by just a point. Delighted to pull off a top 4 finish but very disappointing at how i slipped up so drastically when it was all in my hands 9 games back.

NORWICH APPOINT NEW COACH

Earlier today, english outfit norwich city unveiled matthew horn as their new manager. Horn has had some previous experience in this league, after managing Iraklis last season. heres what he had to say in his first press conference:

"look, i know things didnt work out for me very well at Iraklis, although i over-acheived in the SMFA champions cup, i admit i did dissapoint in the league last season. i know a team like Iraklis should be challenging for silverwere every season, and a 3rd place finish in the league behind the other two greek giants, olympiacos and panathiankos just isnt good enough. last season there were 3 teams in it, and we finished 3rd best.

however, this is a fresh start, a new challenge and i have taken a break from this league, and come back stronger. i am delighted to become the manager of the place i was born and bred, so it means even more to me."

When asked about the previous manager, and the impact he had on the team, he said this:

"i am aware that Chris did come in, and change this team around. they were effectively dead and burried in the league, and then he came in, enforced some discipline, brought in fresh faces and started a new era for this team, and i am grateful to him for that, because he has left a great platform for me, so that makes my job here just that bit easier, but hopefully i will be able to make my own impressions on the team, when i am able to make some new signings, and all in all, carry on from where he left off."

Finished as runners up for the second consectutive season, strangely finishing on the same amount of points.

Only finished one point behind United in the end, but I am disappointed with the season overall.

Managed to bring in Muslera (90) which ends now ends my search for a top rated goal keeper and brought in Tonev as well, who I hope will move to villa in real life.

Ola John also got a +1 rise to 88 so my first team aint looking to bad in terms of quality and depth.

3 x 92

6 x 91

6 x 90

3 x 89

4 x 88

Hopefully ill bring in a few fresh faces before the season starts but i aint to fussed.

Well all in all been a poor season but very enjoyable trying to topple Ray's Napoli and AC Milan who ended up winning the league.

My league form since being here hasn't been the best and a 3rd place finish this season was deserved but if i could sort out the inconsistencies then a title is there.

Did some deals over the course of the season better players being Marcelo, Sandro, Yanga Mbwia, Matri & Monreal and gives me a good 1st team and 2nd team.

Only got to the 3rd round of the Italian Shield where i was defeated by Ray's Napoli and the quarter final of the Italian Cup where again i was defeated by Ray's Napoli. Although safe to say the league double over him cost him the league :D

Season however is not over as reached the SMFA Champions Cup Final where we play Manchester United. Will be my 200th game in charge and would be great to win it. Not overly confident but you never know.

Next season Inter will win the league (I Hope)

If you want to do any deals and fancy any of the my squad just get in touch.

Bayern+Muenchen+v+Inter+Milan+UEFA+Champions+qp0CQ46Ip2Zl.jpg

Internazionale Crowned SMFA Champions

Inter pull off a 2-1 win over Manchester United in the final of the SMFA Cup.

Every position except GK Man Utd were better equipped but Petr Cech proved the difference with a man of the match performance and was only fitting the captain was the difference maker

League title next season is the target

logo-M%C3%A1laga%20CF.png

Málaga CF are pleased to announce the appointment of Preppens.

The previous manager Max Chernin resigned after failing to make an impact to the club which opened up for Preppens to take on his first big job.

To Malagas official website Preppens told how exited he is over his new job and that he can't wait to get started. He then went on to say:

-I have seen the full squad and I am very pleased with the mixture of older established players and talented youngsters and even though I'm not looking to make any major changes to the first team it is my intention to trim down the squad.

It is rough times economically and I do not see the benefits of having a full squad of 67 players.

Have you already decided which ones will leave?

-With the new season around the corner all players who were loaned out will return to Malaga, and I will have a chat with each and one of them before determening where their future lies and that is all I can say for now.

What would you say is a realistic goal for next season?

-Malaga finished 8th last season and it is my goal to not only lead us to a better finsih, but to a top 4. A club of Malagas stature belongs in the SMFA Cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Everton

Division 1

Everton opened up the league season with a disappointing 2-0 loss against Southampton. Everton struggled to create scoring chances, and the few they did get were not finished. Keeper Brad Freidel struggled receiving an uncommon low rating and even allowing an own goal to put the nail in the coffin. Everton will be looking to bounce back in their upcoming fixture at home against QPR.

SMFA Shield

After barely making the competition, Everton marched on the victory against Martimo with a score of 3-2 in the first leg. Goals were provided by Alvaro, De Sciglio, and Eremenko with De Sciglio being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Transfer News

Big transfer news coming from Goodison Park as Everton have announced 2 big signings. Manager Dylan Krupilis has dipped into a massive war chest to sign the pairing of Lukas Podolski and Aaron Lennon from Bologna. The pair cost about 60 mil but will be well worth it if they perform to the manager's expectations.

2292.png

SEVILLA RESULTS

A mixed start to the season for Sevilla so far. Three wins from three in the league see us sitting at the top of Division 1 but we've been dumped out of the Shield in Round 1 by weaker, unmanaged opposition.

League Game #1: Valencia 0 - 1 Sevilla

(Wilfried Bony)

League Game #2: Sevilla 4 - 1 Real Zaragoza

(Wilfried Bony 2, Sebastian Kehl, Nemanja Matic)

League Game #3: Levante UD 2 - 4 Sevilla

(Wilfried Bony 2, Lucho Gonzalez, Juan Vargas)

Spanish Shield Round 1: Cordoba 4 - 2 Sevilla

(Sergio Garcia, Honorato Ederson)

-----------------------------------------------

SEVILLA TRANSFERS

It's been a busy start to the season in terms of transfers too. No major movers but a lot of re-shuffling to balance the books and freshen up the youth.

IN

Luke Murphy [78] £2.8m from Stockport County

Candido Ramirez [82] £4.0m from Atlas

Nicolas Castiloo [82] £3.5m from Universidad Catolica

Federico Pintos [80] £2.5m from Defensor Sporting

Petar Stojanovic [76] £820k from NK Maribor

OUT

Wilker Angel [£1.7m]

Zeni Husmani [£2.0m]

David Soto [£676k]

Jhojan Caicedo [£946k]

Michael Krohn-Dehli [£3.7m]

Giandomenico Mesto [£4.5m]

Charles N'Zogbia [£16.0m]

Maxime Bourgeois [£2.0m]

Jean Natal [£273k]

Hovhannes Hovhannisyan [£720k]

Enrico Di Cesare [£734K]

Always looking to do a deal here and there so get in touch if you're interested in anyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Napoli Update:

Last season saw us win the two domestic cups but finish 2nd in the League to AC Milan- Congratulations to Greg and to Nin on the other half of Milan for his Champions League win.

Season 13

League:

A ropey old start has been somewhat recovered through some decent recent form which sees us in second somewhat annoyingly to Greg and his AC Milan side yet again and we trail by five points with nearly a third of the season gone. Udinese and Roma lead the chasing pack behind us.

Champions League:

The draw saw us paired in a very competitive group with Bilbao, Manchester United and Hamburg. An opening day defeat to Bilbao poured the pressure on but we have picked up four points from our next two games to leave qualifaction in the balance. Manchester United and Bilbao in pole position as we have to produce probably two wins from our final three games to qualify.

Italian Shield:

Lazio, Mantova and AC Milan have been victims on our way to the semi-finals where we have been drawn against a nice Catania side. The other semi-final being a high quality affair as well promises for a tough route if we are to retain our Domestic Cup dominance in recent seasons.

Anyone wanna give me an update on Bournemouth' date=' major transfers, how they are doing in the league ?

Please :o[/quote']

No transfers in. Just sold off a few players for cash, no-one major though, just a few young 84-87 rated players. They're 6th atm, in the English Shield semi final and doing ok in the Champs Cup group.

• 2 weeks later...

Everton Update

So far, this season has had it's ups and downs for Everton.

Division 1

After a sluggish start to the season, Everton found a much needed three points this weekend with a 4-0 victory over West Ham. Goals were provided by Eremenko, Wanyama, Van Wolfswinkel, and Ashley Young. With the victory, Everton moves into 13th with 18 points. Hopefully this victory will prove as a turning point in the season as we look fight back up the table.

SMFA Shield

Everton has proven successful so far in the SMFA shield with a 8-1 aggregate victory over Saturn in Round 2. Next round will be played against our first actual competition in the form of Italian side Lazio.

Transfer News

Earlier in the season, Everton accepted a large 30m bid for Joleon Lescott which saw the Englishman leave for Martimo. The cash went into the signing of two young, promising players, Bertrand Traore and Sam Hendriks. More importantly, it led to the purchase of Dante for 28m.

Coming of Age

This season has been a key point in Everton's future with multiple rating increases for multiple young players. These players include Mattia De Sciglio, Inigo Martinez, and Victor Wanyama. These players will build the base for the future at Goodison Park.