Gold Championship 72 Official Thread

Barry MUFC

Re: Gold Championship 72 Official Thread

MilanBanner.png

Milankit.jpgSerieA.jpgMilanawaykit.png

Milan opened the new campaign with a 1-1 draw in the league at home against Sampdoria followed by another 1-1 draw at Cruzeiro before finally getting that important first victory with a 2-1 win over Parma in the Serie A...

In transfer news, Klaas-Jan HUNTELAAR leaves Milan for Lazio in a deal which sees Mauro ZARATE and Christian Daniel LEDESMA come the other way.

140_1204773136.gif

1ae_17azul.JPG

Messi will be paramount towards the Catalan's victory

Barcelona Prepare to Vanquish Valencia

Pre Match

140_1204773136.gif____v____172_1245420019.jpg

Barcelona have told the media that Valencia Boss Ben Reado will not able to handle the pressure cauldron which is the Camp Nou. Andres Iniesta simply smiled when he was asked what Valencia's chances are against reigning champions Barca "I believe tomorrow's match will be our catalyst to grab early season form which is vitally important in this league, Valencia have good players but not great one's like us".

K/O: Saturday 24th October 2009 (20:00)

218_1195475278.gif

New looking Benfica have a shocking start to the league season

denilson_992011c.jpg

(Brazilian youngster Denilson has joined Benfica from the London outfit Arsenal.)

After having their worst possible start to the league season under new Englishmen Jake A things are now looking up again as the English man has signed a 3 year extension to his Benfica contract as he is in the middle of building a young squad with talents from all over the world. Big names are still being linked with Benfica such as Marcus Berg of Hamburger, Sanchez Watt of Arsenal witch a fee has been agreed but a bid is yet to be made and even Liverpool's Ryan Babel could be a possible target for Jake. Benfica go into their game tommorow at home to Martimo full of confidence as Jake has had the squad in extra training and a new formation has already been set.

fc_porto_logo_8932.gif

Manager Nin Chatha has enjoyed a nice start in Portugal since taking over Porto.

Boasting a 100% record at the moment, Tomorrow sees his team entertain Sporting de Braga at home in which should be an entertaining game.

Whilst rivals Benfica remould their squad into something Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon would have been proud of, Nin Chatha has only added a couple of new faces to the squad to try and compete this season. Still early days but should be a good battle for the title.

plastic_surgeon_250x251.jpg

Jake & his coaches goto work on Benfica :D

Match of the Weekend!

DERBY COUNTY

vs.

LEEDS UNITED

After Guus, Derby's manager, was asked about the match in the press-conference this morning. He said that there are 3 reasons for Derby to win the three points: the fans, home stands, the beautiful play.

The squad line-up for Leeds is still to be announced, while Derby will play their 4-2-3-1 formation. Starting XI:

---Bywater---

------Birindelli---Schildenfeld--Muri---Daf------

------------Salifou---------Leacock------------

------Fagan------Barnes------Pit------

------------Thompson------------

0,,10270~3183479,00.jpg

Kick-off 20:00 GT.

MilanBanner.png

Veteran Giuseppe FAVALI moved to Lazio this morning along with £2million for the younger LB Aleksandar KOLORAV in a deal Daniel Walmsley is delighted with.

In bigger news Javier MASCHERANO arrives in Milan with Andrea PIRLO and Ignazio ABATE going to England with Liverpool. Although the deal was a little expensive, Walmsley admitted Pirlo hitting 30 had severly hit his market vaule and it was important to move him on for a much younger player of similar quality!

My beloved Arsenal aren't doing to bad tbh, are the only 'Top Four Team' in the 'Top Four', which pleases me, despite all the other top four being relegation favourites in RL. Beat Manchester United 3-0 last wednesday which is pleasing. Arsenal lead their SMFA Group level on points with Inter, Beat Torquay 5-2 with a full strengh team which i forgot to change, :o:)

MilanBanner.png

In a surprising move, veteran winger Pedro MUNITIS completed a move to Italy this morning in a £7million deal. Milan fans were left a little shocked by the deal considering the age of the Spainiard as Daniel Walmsley has been looking for youth so far in his transfer policy. However, a spokesperson for the supporters said 'In Dan Walmsley we trust and i'm sure there is a valid reason for bringing in such a player and we will welcome Pedro with welcome arms.'

Parma appoint new manager

Parma2.gif

18th place Parma have decided upon a new manager and there choice is the young and upcoming English manager Ross Evans. Evans is said to be delighted to be given such a great opportunity at such an illustrous club.

Theres no time to settle in at his new club though as his first match is tonight away at 19th place Napoli, it should be a mouth watering match.

Evans won't be able to bring in any new players before tonights game but hopes to secure some new signings in the coming days. He also put pressure on the current players by say he is ready to offload any player at the right price to bring in his own style of players.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MilanBanner.png

Things haven't exactly gone to plan for Daniel Walmsley's Milan with the team pre-maturely exiting the Italian Shield in the Second Round. With the Italian Cup not yet underway the club continues to focus on cutting down Inter's sizeable lead at the top of the table (11 points) and progressing further in SMFA Shield with a trip to France against Rennes coming up shortly...

In transfer news, the club has been fairly busy over the last few weeks:

Roy BEERENS - £8 million

Juan Sebastian VERON - £13 million

Enzo PEREZ - £8.7 million

Aleksandr KERZHAKOV - £9.5 million

Yoann GOURCUFF - £2 million + Clarena Seedorf + Daniele Bonera

Dimitar BERBATOV - Generro Gattuso + Marco Borriello

Finally, here is the current Milan squad:

MilanSquad.jpg

Davide De Gennaro is also out on loan.

Arsenal seem to have hit a bad patch after a streak of losses and are just hovering over the relagation drop with Livepool. Looking good for the SMFA cup though, in second place in the group, 3 points ahead of Boca with one game left. Full Report to come later.

Genoa star Salvatore Bocchetti and Tolouse defender Mohamed Fofana look set to be joining Arsenal with Emmanuel Eboue, Fran Merida, Carlos Vela and Vito Mannone all leaving. Vela is the biggest lost there but i have bags of Talented forwards who can replace him. I have managed to string a couple of good wins together, winning 2-1 against Tottenham with a dangerously understrengh team. (: and beating Bolton 3-1 last week. Managed to push up into 13th, where i hope to push up the table even further :)

MilanBanner.png

Milan sit in 5th place in the league and have an upcoming SMFA Shield Round 3 Leg 2 tie against Rennes to look forward to after the two teams drew 1-1 in France.

Aguero.jpg

Star Signing...

Christmas came early for Milan fans as their team completed the signing of Argentinian star Sergio AGUERO from Spainish side Atletico Madrid for a fee of £11 million + Marko Jankulovski + Gianluca Zambrotta! A deal manager Daniel Walmsley was delighted with. In other news Fillipo INZAGHI and David DI GENNARO left the club for a combined fee of £14million.

RomaBanner.jpg

Roma Qualify For Knockout Stage!

After a disastrous start to their SMFA Cup campaign, Roma have defeated the odds and qualified for the knockout stages of the competition. Roma began their group with two heavy defeats and a draw, but they turned things round in the latter stages with 3 wins to scrape their way into the next round.

19th October

Olympiacos 3-1 Roma

Liverpool 3-1 Shakhtar

30th October

Roma 0-5 Liverpool

Shakhtar 1-1 Olympiacos

16th November

Roma 2-2 Shakhtar

Liverpool 1-3 Olympiacos

30th November

Roma 1-0 Olympiacos

Shakhtar 3-1 Liverpool

14th December

Liverpool 0-2 Roma

Olympiacos 0-0 Shakhtar

28th December

Shakhtar 2-3 Roma

Olympiacos 3-0 Liverpool

roma-1.jpg

1st Knockout Round Fixtures

FC Porto vs Villarreal

Chivas de Guadalajara vs Sao Paulo

Chelsea vs Real Madrid

Olympiacos vs Arsenal

Man United vs Roma

PSV vs Bayern Munich

Inter Milan vs Santos

FC Schalke vs Werder Bremen

Manchester-United-Logo.gifmanchester-united_home.png3-6 kb-50941.jpgAS%20Roma%20Logo.gif

J. Baptista 8, 63 & 75'

Borriello 32'

Ledesma 43'

Ferdinand 48'

Vucinic 50'

Rooney 70'

Cicinho 83'

Van Der Sar

Brown ---- Vidic -- Ferdinand ---- Evra

Obertan ---- Fletcher ---- Scholes ---- Giggs

Rooney

Borriello

Baptista ---- Totti

Menez ---- Perrotta ---- Ledesma ---- Cicinho

Landrin

Riise ---- Dinsdag ---- Motta

Doni

AS Roma claimed a famous win at Old Trafford last night as they beat Manchester United 6-3. The two sides met in Manchester for the first leg of the SMFA Cup 1st round. The home side were quickest out the traps and the first shot of the game came from veteran midfielder Paul Scholes whose stinging effort had Alexander Doni scrabmling across his goalmouth. Roma fought back though and Jeremy Menez gave a sign of things to come on 7 minutes as he hit the post. Just a minute later, Roma took the lead courtesy of a Julio Baptista strike. The Brazilian was put through by a long ball from Marco Motta and he chipped Van Der Sar with ease. United then came close to conceding a second, Simone Perotta's long range shot crashed back off the bar and into the arms of Van Der Sar. The home side's woodwork came to the rescue for the 3rd time on 16 minutes, although Mirko Vucinic will be disappointed he didn't score. Roma seemed happy to rest on their 1-0 lead but United had other ideas. Nemanja Vidic dragged his shot wide before Marco Borriello got an equaliser for the hosts. His tame effort took a wicked deflection off Cicinho and crept inside Doni's post. On the stroke of half time, Roma regained their lead with a cleverly worked goal. Jeremy Menez linked up well with Perotta, and when the Frenchman got the byline he picked out an unmarked Pablo Ledesma who struck the ball cleanly into the bottom corner. 2-1 to the visitors at the break with an upset on the cards.

However, that upset looked again unlikely early in the second half. Rio Ferdinand was surprisingly the man who met Ryan Giggs' through ball, and the England international finished like a striker. The game was becoming more and more stretched, the two sides taking it in turns to attack. Just two minutes after the equaliser, Mirko Vucinic gave Roma the lead for the third time. Vucinic ran at the heart of United's defence and struck home a low shot from 15 yards. Roma doubled their lead just after the hour mark, and it was that Brazilian again Julio Baptista, who turned Wes Brown before firing into the far post. There didn't seem to be a way back for the Red Devils at 4-2 down, and Roma manager Harvey was signalling for his side to just keep the ball. On 70 minutes though, they lost the ball, and went on to lose a goal. Alexander Doni wont want to see this again as he somehow fumbles the ball straight into Wayne Rooney's path who had the easiest of chances to pull one back for his side. 4-3. Julio Baptista was certainly pushing for a place in the first team as he completed his hat trick on 75 minutes with a tap in from two yards out, and Roma's sixth came 8th minutes later courtesy of an early contender for goal of the competition. Joao Cicinho's strike from fully 35 yards out stunned Van Der Sar and the Old Trafford crowd. It finished 6-3 to the away team and Roma now have something to protect in the return leg.

_44531754_vucinic_getty.jpg

Mirko Vucinic's low effort beats Van Der Sar at his far post.

20080402---sp_07.jpg

Wayne Rooney takes advantage of Doni's error to equalise for United.

0.jpg

Julio Baptista celebrates his hat trick with the travelling fans.

15sa7pu.jpg

Cicinho struggles to believe the quality of his late strike.

MilanBanner.png

Milan have closed the gap at the top of the table to just 3 points with City rivals Inter losing to Udinese and Juventus. With 13 games remaining there are 5 teams who can realistically take the league title with Inter, Fiorentina, Roma, Milan and Palermo seperated by just 4 points from 1st to 5th.

Adler.jpg

In transfer news, Rene ADLER has ended the clubs desperate search for a top young keeper with the 24 year old German keeper joining in a deal which saw Abbiati and Olic going the other way...

• 1 month later...

1_1253802049.jpg

Arsenal; Season Review

Arsenal have been sitting in mid table for about half of the season, they currently sit in 9th position, 2 points behind an 8th place spot where they are aiming to finish in this dissapointing season. Arsenal have made some stunning signings while Ryan has been managing this team. The main one was Real Madrid star Kaka but he has now moved on to Bayern Munich where Arjen Robben and Danielle De Rossi joined the English Club in exchange. Another big transfer was where Star Man Cesc Fabregas moved to Spanish Giants Real Madrid in exchange for Gonzalo Higuain and Rafael Van der Vaart. There are only three players who 'survived' the revolution, Bakary Sagna, Thomas Vermaelen and Manuel Almunia.

' Some people may oppose my choice of completely changing around the team in general, but I still do not regret any decision that i have made while I have been at this football club. I think that I have brought some 'world class' footballers to Arsenal and I will not stop doing that. I do admit that this was a bad season for us but we can still register for the SMFA Shield which is still a very prestigious competition and i am hoping that we qualify'. Ryan stated.

1_1253802049.jpg

39E0B48C-C852-A4D0-87F5FF941BF44EFC.jpg

Arsenal express interest in Chelsea winger Joe Cole

English Giants Arsenal have expressed their interest in winger Joe Cole. Cole, who plays for Arsenal's rivals Chelsea has been out of football for 4 months due to an injury but has just got back into training and Ryan is keen to bring him to the Emirates. Cole will cost the Gunners around £14million, but Ryan plans to involve Rafael Van der Vaart in the deal for the Star.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the most important game on SM the SMFA cup final and yet again the match engine stiffs me.

After dominating with 55% possesion and way more shots lose 1-0 on pens,sometimes wonder why bother with tactics after getting it 100% right and get results like that:confused::eek::mad:

Well the most important game on SM the SMFA cup final and yet again the match engine stiffs me.

After dominating with 55% possesion and way more shots lose 1-0 on pens' date='sometimes wonder why bother with tactics after getting it 100% right and get results like that:confused::eek::mad:[/quote']

And with that Roma win the SMFA Cup :D:P I can understand why you're mad with the ME as you did have more possession etc, but it can be much worse than that. I've had games recently where I've had 65% possession and 30 odd shots and not won, its just the way it goes.

And with that Roma win the SMFA Cup :D:P I can understand why you're mad with the ME as you did have more possession etc' date=' but it can be much worse than that. I've had games recently where I've had 65% possession and 30 odd shots and not won, its just the way it goes.[/quote']

but not in the FINAL!!!!