Rip vdb

Guest Abdel Zizi

Guest Abdel Zizi

Just 3 hours ago, Frank Vandenbroucke, or VDB, passed away due to a

pulmonary embolism (looked up that word obviously)

I wanted to let everyone now this because people might not know him.

He was only 34 years old, but 10 years ago he was the best cycler of his time.

I know alot of Armstrong-Ullrich fans don't like hearing it, but VDB truly was the most gifted of his generation.

He won L-B-L in 1999, after the most heroic 1-day race of all time, beating Boogerd and Bartali in a way only Merckx could.

His fragile mental condition was the one and only problem which stood in the way of several world titles and classic wins.

Look up his 1999 exploits in Luik-Bastenaken-Luik or the Vuelta win in Avila in the same year.

I'm a big fan of the likes of Cancellara and Contador, but honestly, they will never be(at) VDB..

Re: Rip vdb

Just 3 hours ago' date=' Frank Vandenbroucke, or VDB, passed away due to a

pulmonary embolism (looked up that word obviously)

I wanted to let everyone now this because people might not know him.

He was only 34 years old, but 10 years ago he was the best cycler of his time.

I know alot of Armstrong-Ullrich fans don't like hearing it, but VDB truly was the most gifted of his generation.

He won L-B-L in 1999, after the most heroic 1-day race of all time, beating Boogerd and Bartali in a way only Merckx could.

His fragile mental condition was the one and only problem which stood in the way of several world titles and classic wins.

Look up his 1999 exploits in Luik-Bastenaken-Luik or the Vuelta win in Avila in the same year.

I'm a big fan of the likes of Cancellara and Contador, but honestly, they will never be(at) VDB..[/quote']

That is very sad to hear :(