The Official Birmingham City Thread!

bcfc12345

Re: Discuss Birmingham Citys 'New Era'

First of all, the draw against Bolton was a disgrace. Winning two nill and letting it slip away to 2-2. They also had 10 men. If we had to chose one player for them to get sent off it would be there keeper jaskelien (sp), yet, even when he was sent off we still couldnt cataplsise.

But i wanted to say, today is the end of the transfer market, yet we are still looking to bring in more players. we have made an offer for Hleb of Barcelona, Beausejour of Club America, Alan Huttton of Tottenham, Walker of Tottenham. These are all from reliable sources (if you call Goal.com and 'TheSun' reliable sources).

Opinions?

EDIT: Forgot about Armand Traore of Arsenal and Martin Jiranek of Spartak Moscow (Goal.com and Wikipiedia says he already joined us?)

Well im going to list the players and se which ones we get. Knowing Birmingham none of them will come.

X= Not coming

O= Most likely Coming

Armand Traore - X (Juventus season long loan) :(

Hleb - O (Skysports, Wiki and Goal.com say season long loan is agreed) :)

Hutton -

Walker -

Jiranek - O (Skysports say his in St Andrews now) :)

Beausejour - O (4million) :)

Marcus Bent gone to Wolves - THANKYOU WOLVES. Haha.

Sorry Wolves (scum) fans. Have him HAHAHAH

Delighted with the signings of Hleb & Beausejour, Hleb is a experienced player and knows his stuff, he also has good Premier League EXP, never seen Beausejour play at club level but he looked good at the WC.

Jiranek has most likely just been signed as back up, he shouldn't get into the starting line-up over Johnson and Dann, not to mention he is 31 and only signed a one year deal.

Hopefully the signings of Beausejour and Hleb will sort out our RM/LM problems.

Hopefully they both play against Liverpool :)

Well im back. First of all, Great start to the season! for once we are scoring goals :D for so long we've had the title of a defensive team but now i beleive we have a nice balance.

Great day for us Bluenoses. With 3 top players.

Hleb will add that spark our team has lacked for a long time. Very skill full player.

Beausejour is a genuine winger which again we've lacked. We have Mcfadden but i think we get the most out of him behind the front man.

Jiranek well 6ft 3 sums it up. Terific at the back. Expect him to earn his place in the side quoickly.

Foster

Carr-Johnson-Jiranek-Ridgewell

Ferguson

Larrson(Injured?)/Gardner-Bowyer-Beausejour

Mcfadden

Zigic???/Derbyshire???/Jerome???

The one disappointment is not bringing in a full back. Ridgewell, give him his due, is turning into a pretty handy Lb but Traore wouldve been a much better option. His attacking presence wouldve work brilliantly considering we have Ferguson in DM (think Chelsea with Essien and Ashley Cole). And we could've also thought about a replacement for Carr yes he's fit but getting on a bit now isnt he:o

Any way, KRO guys B)

Wheres Hleb in your side?

I'd personally stick with a basic 4-4-2

Foster

Carr-Johnson-Dann-Ridgewell

Hleb-Ferguson-Gardner-Beausejour

Zigic-Derbyshire

Sorry he was meant to be next to Mcfadden :o

Hleb' date=' ill give you that, great signing ;)

*goes to rid him of all SM teams*[/quote']

He's a good signing for us.

Yeah i'd do that if i was you :P

You had him in the first place? :confused::P

Just for the one team' date=' Barcelona GC102 ! which i quit :D Purely on the basi that Hleb returned from Loan :eek:

As you lot were the first to point out Oneill leaving, you reckon there is anything in this ?

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_6353414,00.html[/url]

Just for the one team' date=' Barcelona GC102 ! which i quit :D Purely on the basi that Hleb returned from Loan :eek:

As you lot were the first to point out Oneill leaving, you reckon there is anything in this ?

Board need to understand that we won't get a better manager than McLeish, he probably is asking for a bit of money, but it's worth it considdering where we finished under him last season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_6354099,00.html

Fail to see this? :P

Wheres Hleb in your side?

I'd personally stick with a basic 4-4-2

Foster

Zigic-Derbyshire

Eh? he's pap!!!:mad: just 6 ft 8" that's the only thing he has' date=' height! he's one Lazy begger.

[center']Foster

Jerome-Derbyshire[/center]

Although Jerome is also terrible... Atleast he puts in the effort and gets the odd goal.

Totally stupid comment the guys hardly had a chance and you write that!!!

Makes me wonder about some blue noses any body who goes regular to St Andrews is more likely to say Jerome' date='s a lazy so and so but has potential to improve.

Give Zig a chance he may not be world beater but[b'] the guy has only had 1 shot so far this season[/b]!

exactly B):rolleyes:

Finally back for my holidays :) thanks to Sean im fully up to date on blues' transfer activity :) Hleb and BEAUSÉJOUR i said all along to attacking wingers/forwards and finally we get :) fingers crossed that adds attacking power and goal's to the team

JIRANEK for me it will be interesting roger and scott had a amazing thing going on for them last season with hart behind them, i wonder if McLeish will go for his trusted 2 or Jiranek who has Champions league games under his belt ect ect.... I dont think Jiranek will be put into the starting XI for the next few games, With Seb out Beausejour will get into the team IMO and Hleb i think is a 110% certain to start wonder if McFadden will go to celtic or middlesbrough ? :P

Guest JackWWFC

He's played about two games' date=' you can't say he's pap after two games..[/quote']

If he looks out of his depth then you can tell right away.

Guest JackWWFC

Shouldn't you be focusing on new signing Marcus Bent?. and he's never played in the Prem before' date=' so give him a few games to settle in..[/quote']

He's 4th choice Striker :confused: If you want to be @rsey with me ill serve you..sit down. NEXT. He is an awful player, but it's a loan for 4th choice :L Nice!

You're a morngy one. Pick up your toys from around your pram and don't throw them out again.

He's 4th choice Striker :confused: If you want to be @rsey with me ill serve you..sit down. NEXT. He is an awful player' date=' but it's a loan for 4th choice :L Nice!

You're a morngy one. Pick up your toys from around your pram and don't throw them out again.[/quote']That wasn't much of a serving, why would you loan him as a 4th choice striker, when theres so many better you could sign on loan, you can have him perm when his deal is up. :)

Apart from when he was at Everton yea?

On about Zigic.