Guest drseanfitz

Re: Gold Championship 73 |Official Thread|Match Reports|News|

FC Twente 5-0 Feyenoord

Half Time: (3 - 0)

K.PEREZ 10, 89

B.PARKER 35

O.HARGREAVES 44

C.PANIN 47

Twente opened the season in style with this convincing victory. Captain Owen Hargreaves led the side by example with a goal and an assist, showing why manager Sean was so grateful for the loan.

The win moves them to the top of the league and gives them confidence ahead of a run of 4 away games in 6 days.

P.S. Congrats on the win Rhys, and thanks again for the loans

blue-square-premier-logo.jpg

557_1202317621.gifAccrington Stanley 1-1 Cambridge United17_1250518723.jpg

C.PITT (67)

C.LINDFIELD (72)

D STOCKDALE (M.O.M)

450401980_84dfa2fa40.jpg?v=0

Honours Even At The Crown Ground AS Cambridge United Visit

It was the Opening of the Blue Square Premier League campaign and also new Accrington Stanley Boss Nick Justice's first game at the helm, and Cambridge United were the Visitors, and Accrington Stanley new duo David Stockdale and Liam Cooper made their Accrington debuts, oen to remember form English Keeper Stockdale as he kept Cambridge at bay and went on to earn himself the Man of the Match award and a Bottle of champagne.

It was a late kick-off at 20:00 and it was Cambridge United who won the coin toss to kick the game off. The referee blows his whistle and the game is well under way. Cambridge United loose the ball to Accrington Liam Cooper is pressign forward very well for Accrington and playing the ball throught to the strikers. Its very much an even game however Accrington Stnaley have been very much so dominate in front of goal as they are yet to hit the target. They are having shos well wide and easy grabbles for New Accrington Goalie David Stockdale who is looking VERY strong and will not easily lie down for his goal. Goalless at Half time and it doesnt look asthough there will be many goals within this game, as both Keeper are reluctant to conceed. Then With their first shot on target in the 67th minute Cambridge Winger Courtney Pitt struck home to put the away side ahead, unbelieveable I was more than Certain that Accrington if any would break the deadlock if Accrington End up losers it will nto eb deserved they atleast deserve a point, WHAT A STRIKE!, Craig Lindfield a great finish 1-1 which was the way in which it was to all end up! More News Later from Accrington

Chester City got hammered 4-0 away to Port Vale.

I don't mind the thrashing though as I expect to complete a few new signings over the next few days after only seeing one new face come in so far. Squad is very poor atm.

celtic_football_club.jpg

Celtic win 2-1

Celtic started the season with a 2 - 1 victory against Dundee United at Celtic Park. It was Vennegoor of Hessilink on his re-debut who scored after 5 minutes in the green and white shirt again. Then after 40 minutes, McGeady made it 2 - 0 to Celtic. Celtic went in at half time winning 2 - 0. Dundee United came out and scored in the 60th minute through Buaben. McGeady won Man Of The Match for Celtic. Other SPL scores -

Rangers 4 - 2 Hamilton

Hibernian 0 - 1 Kilmarnock

Hearts 1 - 2 Motherwell

St Johnstone 1 - 1 Aberdeen

Congratulations to all winning managers.

Next league fixture for Celtic is on Wednesday 28th October, but the focus of manager Tom Pearson is on Monday against FC Porto in the SMFA Cup.

SMFA Cup fixtures for Celtic -

Celtic Vs FC Porto

Atletico Madrid Vs Celtic

Celtic Vs Bayern

FC Porto Vs Celtic

Celtic Vs Atletico Madrid

Bayern Vs Celtic

With Celtic winning the first game, and Porto losing, Celtic have high hopes for the game.

Atletico Start Season With Late Win In Coruna!

deportivo.gifdeportivo.thumbnail.jpg2-3 Soccer_Jersey_09_10_New_Season_Atletico_Madrid_Home_jersey.summ.jpgatletico_madrid.jpg

Forlan 41'

Valeron 62'

Riki 65'

Simao 71'

Malouda 82'

Aranzubia

Tamas ---- Ze Castro ---- Lopo ---- Felipe

Vicente ---- Valeron ---- Van Der Vaart ---- Danny

Balotelli ---- Ivan Riki

Drogba ---- Forlan

Malouda ---- Santana ---- Garcia ---- Simao

Assuncao

Carvalho ---- Perea ---- Ujfalusi

Asenjo

Atletico Madrid fought back from 2-1 down last night to claim a narrow 3-2 win at Deportivo La Coruna. Atletico handed debuts to Ricardo Carvalho, Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda, the last of which grabbed the late winner. Transfer listed Simao gave a man of the match performance, proving to his manager that he is worth keeping at Estadio Vicente Calderon. Atletico's next two league games are both at their home ground, against Zaragoza and Osasuna.

Both Deportivo and Atletico made bright starts, providing end-to-end football. Sabrosa Simao had something to prove to his manager and almost scored after just two minutes, but his snapshot hit the side-netting. Deportivo's loan star Mario Balotelli then had his chance to get the opener but saw his effort curl wide of the mark. The new striker partnership of Diego Forlan and Didier Drogba was proving to have potential, and both strikers had opportunities to open their season tally. Diego Forlan will want to forget about his wild shot that hit Row Z, but Didier Drogba's header went much closer, though not close enough. Simao continued to impress and on 31 minutes, the Portuguese international smashed the crossbar from distance. With time running out at half time, Diego Forlan edged Atletico infront. The Uruguayan was put through on goal by Didier Drogba and he finished emphatically to put his side ahead. The half time score was Deportivo 0-1 Atletico Madrid.

Deportivo came out fighting in the second half as they searched for a way back into the game. Mario Balotelli saw his volley cleared off the line by Ricardo Carvalho, but just two minutes later they did find an equaliser. Juan Carlos Valeron was allowed too much space and he rifled a shot in off the post. 1-1. The home team now had the momentum and they quickly got a second. Sergio Asenjo did well to save from Rafael Van der Vaart, but Ivan Riki reacted quickly to poke home. With something to protect, Deportivo began to sit back and try to hold on to their lead, allowing Atletico to get forward at every opportunity. Florent Malouda's right-footed effort had Daniel Aranzubia scrambling, before Sabrosa Simao inexplicably missed the target with an open goal in front of him. Then it was Diego Forlan's chance to get his second of the game, and his glancing header whistled past the far post. It was Atletico's most dangerous man who did score the leveller, Simao. He dribbled in and out of Deportivo's defence and hit his shot low and hard into the near post, making amends for his previous miss. With eight minutes to go, new signing Florent Malouda endeared himself to his new supporters with the eventual winner, rasping home a screamer from the edge of the area after good work from Drogba. Atletico saw the game out comfortably kickstarting their season with three points.

557_1202317621.gif

5021EA3B-A8CE-6E34-F988A17E656B636B.jpg

Stanley Make A Trio Swoop, Bannan, McCarthy And Williams

Today Accrington Stanley Completed The Signings of Yeovil Duo of Welsh Forward Sam Williams and English Goalkeeper Alex McCarthy. Williams joins for 2 Unwanted players whilst McCarthy for a fee of £20,000. Also completing his shock move to Accrington Stanley was Aston Villa's Barry Bannan, Stanley splashed out £400,000 on the Scottish Under 21 star. Justice Said " I am Delighted to have managed to sign this trio some of which will make their Accrington Debuts Tommorow again a strong Queens Park Rangers in our first cup game, one we are underdogs in howver you cannot judge cup Games so who knows how it will turn out!"

Guest TOM_HEMY

Teddy Sheringham is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of Krylia Sovetov.:rolleyes:

He's always after a new challenge. lol

Really struggling to get a decent deal for Lisandro Lopez.

After a 90+ replacement (or a decent young 88+) and a defender in the deal.

Anyone at Chester interest you? :P

Anyway, Chester City have completed the signings of Umberto Eusepi and Gabriele Puccio.

Really struggling to get a decent deal for Lisandro Lopez.

After a 90+ replacement (or a decent young 88+) and a defender in the deal.

Given some of the deals I have seen for considerably worse players I am disappointed with the offers I've been getting!

I can offer kerzhakov and leandro fernandes +cash tommorow:D

49_1204432433.gif

Evans brings in youth

vrsaljko_sime.jpgTHUMBNAIL-Niek%20Vossebelt(1).jpgz_rsathlete_24_nemanja1.jpgtshibuabua_profil_germinal.jpg37877_1249638490.jpg67251_gerg_337_kovacs.jpg35075_1223305973.jpg

Sime VRSALJKO,Niek VOSSEBELT,Nemanja BILBIJA,Bavon TSHIBUABUA,Cornel RAPA,Gergo KOVACS,Bony WILFRIED

Manchester United manager Rhys Evans has brought in some very talented youngsters, im sure we will see the players in the carling cup.

Guest TOM_HEMY

56_1248789623.jpg

FREE SCORING MAGPIES EASE PAST GRIMSBY

Last night the season kicked off and for Notts County fans it was a good way to celebrate new owners and some brand exciting new signings like Robin Soder, Colin Doyle and more new faces within the squad. Before the game new Notts County boss Tom Hemy said that even with the new signings Grimsby would "be a tough game." Despite County being away from home they weren't short of support with the away end at Blundell Park sold out with eager Notts County fans.

The game kicked off with County immediately hitting the side netting but both sides had good chances in the first fifteen minutes when most sides should be finding their feet in that time these sides looked totally alive and after nineteen minutes a long ball down the middle is picked up nicely by Johnnie Jackson who takes it past two defenders and blasts it home with his weaker foot, one for the top draw! The Magpies continued to dominate but whenever Grimsby tried the counter attack Colin doyle looked solid in goal, County's domination paid off with two goals inside four minutes when on thirty four minutes new County signing Branislav Jovanovic heads home a Robin Soder cross then on thirty eight minutes another new Notts man Franck Deyvid Sacconi on loan from Palmeires finishes after having his first shot parried by Grimsby keeper Nick Colgan.

The second half started rather quietly compared to the first half but still an entertaining game but if you're a Grimsby fam you may of thought this was a training ground match with Notts County passing the ball through the defence but not being able to find that second goal and only Colin Doyle stopping County from conceding to give Grimsby a burst of confidence. On seventy seven minutes Deyvid Sacconi gets his second of the game as he races through and toe pokes it past the confused keeper. Mickael Buscher had a brilliant chance to puul one back for Grimsby missing from six yards out but then on eighty eight minutes County rounded off a fantastic afternoon with Johnnie Jackson completing his double for the game curls it into the top corner from the edge of the box.

49_1204432433.gif

Evans brings in youth

vrsaljko_sime.jpgTHUMBNAIL-Niek%20Vossebelt(1).jpgz_rsathlete_24_nemanja1.jpgtshibuabua_profil_germinal.jpg37877_1249638490.jpg67251_gerg_337_kovacs.jpg35075_1223305973.jpg

Sime VRSALJKO' date='Niek VOSSEBELT,Nemanja BILBIJA,Bavon TSHIBUABUA,Cornel RAPA,Gergo KOVACS,Bony WILFRIED[/font']

Manchester United manager Rhys Evans has brought in some very talented youngsters, im sure we will see the players in the carling cup.

I'm a bit annoyed how you said urreta wasn't available for loan then you went and loaned him to SM Caen:(

Darlington News:

With the new season approaching Darlington were looking for a manager to take the club forward and lead them to better times after years in the doldrums...however nobody could have been prepered for the shock announcemnet of ace manager Pauley to the hot-seat in a move which has shocked the footballing world.

"I am delighted to take on this position, I had offers from bigger clubs but this is where I wanna be, I see potential where others see a dearth of talent. This club needs to be run on a tight financial blueprint and with a squad dereft of talent we will be using the phrase "evolution not revolution" I will not be splashing the cash to secure promotion but will operate within the budgets of the club and see how far this can take us, i will be looking to buy Cheap players around the 70-75rtd and developing them"

Pauley wasted little time in the transfer market with 10 new arrivals all young, talented and likely to rise and within the clubs strict transfer policy

Dennis Diekmier- 1.3m 78rtd RB

Daminuta 175K 72Rtd CM

Ventura 200k 73Rtd GK

Moya 90K 72 Rtd W

De Geer 10k 70Rtd CM

De Maio 175k 72Rtd DEF

Sielva 650K 74Rtd CM

Bezgin 550k 76Rtd GK

Monti 20K 70Rtd LB

Pastorini 300k 74Rtd FWD

Out go Hoult, Star Defender Starosa, Knight and Gray bringing in 1.2m and with around 10-11 other players likely to go Pauley is likely to be operating with a 3m net profit on transfers barring any new signings of which Pauley is said to be looking for 2 more players.

League Matchday 1 Darlington 2 Rotherham 1

Darlington started the season lining up in a conventional 4-4-2 formation and started in style beating a strong Rotherham manged by Friend and Rival Gazza Thomas. Captaiin Fantastic Foster opened the scoring before striker Greg Blundell doubled Darlington's lead midway through the 2nd half. rotherham pulled one back 15mins from time but Darlington were able to hold on and start the season in fine fettle. Next up for darlington is an away trip to Aldershot which again will represent a decent test for a darlington side expected to blood a few of there new signings.

fr-stade-rennes.png

Rennes go in new direction

Rennes have chocked fans and media by hiring inexperienced Monsieur Sorensen as their new manager. The Rennes management are taking a huge risk gamling on a rookie manager and apparently not everyone is at ease with the appointment of Sorensen.

Monsieur Sorensen:

I am proud and excited. I would like to thank the management for giving me this chance. Rennes have a great history which I truly intend to honor.

I hope to add that je ne sais quoi to the team, so we can reach new heights together. I'm not going to change that much as the squad looks quite competitive already. I can't wait to get started!

Rennes have been one of the most stable sides in France over the last 10 years and time will tell if the new gaffer will be able to take the Breton side to new heights.

Other news...

1_017c4ab51ed3623b1d6e69d3e6079c6e_475.jpg

Rennes edge out Toulouse

In an exciting encounter at Route de Lorient, the home crowd saw Rennes grab the first W of the season and send Toulouse home crying.

Being behind twice, Rennes showed incredible determination to run out 3-2 winners. Jimmy Briand scored a brace and experienced Jerome Leroy grabbed the winner in the 76th minute.

Rennes will travel to Monaco for the next Ligue 1 game.

I'm a bit annoyed how you said urreta wasn't available for loan then you went and loaned him to SM Caen:(

At the time mate I needed him but then I signed Frei and was thinking I could loan him out

Then Ryan took over Caen and he PM me and asked for loans and one of them was Urreta.