Gold Championship 73 |Official Thread|Match Reports|News|

Barry MUFC

Re: Gold Championship 73 |Official Thread|Match Reports|News|

Darlington Update:

Matchday 7- Darlington 0 Luton 3

Darlington suffered there first defeat in the league this season with a thumping 3-0 loss at home to an inspired Luton side, Darlington conceded an early goal and never recovered and were soundly beaten.

Matchday 8- Grimsby 1 Darlington 2

Darlington regained winning ways with a narrow victory away at Grimsby. The damage was done in the first half with an early brace from Pastorini proving the difference.

Matchday 9- Darlington 0 Barnet 0

Nothing much to report here in a game dominated by defences few chances were created and both teams had to settle for what was probably a fair result in a poor match.

Matchday 10- Histon 0 Darlington 3

Darlington romped to a convincing victory in a display which left manager Pauley Purring at the potential of his team as they showed a glimpse of what darlington fans can expect after a heavy recent transfer activity. The goals coming from Butin, Bacca and the last original remaining squad member David Poole.

These sets of results leave darlington top of the table amassing an impressive 23 points, 3 points clear of Altrincham with teams such as Forum members Notts County, Chester and Accrington Stanley close behind as the table starts to take shape, Darlington will be aiming to push on and that starts with the game against Accrington Stanley at the weekend.

Darlington have been increasingly busy in the transfer market bringing in Villa,Juarez,Aja,Butin, Nogueira, Cabezaz, papazoglou and possibly the most exciting is the capture of young Argentine Starlet Pablo Rodriguez from Independiente, darlington have a real talent on there hands here and Pauley is sure the fans will be excited to see such a talent at the Darlington arena.

Many players have departed but a special mention for veteren striker Dean Windass who has been a great servent and darlington wish him all the best in the future at his new club.

Darlington Update:

Darlington surge clear at top of the table

League matchday 11- Darlington 3 Accrington Stanley 0

Darlington brushed aside the opposition leaving the home fans saying "Accrington Stanley- Who are they?!?!" Darlington came out the blocks firing with a goal in the opening minute from French Striker Butin, this was quickly followed by debut goals for Argentine Hitman Emmanuel Villa and Carlo Monti in his first full start for Darlington. It was a comfotable win on the back of a very good peformance.

League Matchday 12- Chester 1 Darlington 3

Darlington notched up another impressive victory at Daragh's Chester. In a tough first half Chester were the better side and deservedly took the lead whilst darlington Struggled, Pauley was delighted to get them in at half time and whatever he said seemed to do the trick as Darlington ran riot in the 2nd halfwith an exhillarating display which Chester could not cope with goals from Argentine sensation Rodriguez, Butin and on loan Bargfrede securing the points in this top of the table clash.

Victory leaves Darlington 6 points clear at the top of Div 5 a lead they richly deserve off the back of some outstanding displays, the new look squad have gelled together nicely and Pauley is predicting good times ahead with a wealth of Rating Changes to come in the next 2months which will only strengthen Darlington furthr. The nearest challengers at this point is Tom Hemy's Notts County.

In transfer news darlington have again been busy with the exciting signings of young LB Van Aanholt from Coventry for £400,000 and exciting Spanish prospect Ander herrera from Zaragoza for £600,000 both of whom should improve rating wise quite considerably and will have big futures at the club, darlington also recouped £150,000 through the sale of winger David Poole.

Darlington Maintain top position:

League Matchday 13- darlington 1 Cambridge 1

If Darlington fans were getting ahead of themselves and thinking they would waltz away with this division they were giveen a timely reminder that in this division you have to fight for everything as Darlington struggled against a well drilled Cambridge outfit. The game was a non event with Darlington frustrated by Cambridge who took a deserved lead in the 77th minute only for Ian Miller to equalise for the quakers just 2 mins later that was the end of the goalscoring and a disappointing performance which Pauley was just delighted to take a draw from in the end after a terrible display.

League Matchday 14- Stevenage 0 Darlington 3

After the disappointment of the Cambridge match Darlington rediscovered the vim and vigour which has been a major part of the season with another comprehensive away victory. The goals coming from Rodriguez, Pastorini and Emmanuel Villa who has made a great start to his Darlington career.

These results leave Darlington on 33 points from 14 games which pushes them 5points ahead of port Vale in 2nd with Notts County back in 3rd only a point behind. Darlington also announced the capture of Ouattura from Naval in a deal worth 50k and hopefully he can raise some money for darlington in the near future and Darlington were also boosted today by a +6 rating change to LB Van AArholt who rises to 80 and is now worth 3m, a tidy 2.6m profit if Darlington decide to sell. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Darlingon Update:

League Mtachday 15- Darlington 3 AFC Bournemouth 2

Darlington struggled to overcome a spirited Bournemouth who were more than a match for the Quakers, things appeared to be going to plan when Rodriguez fired Darlington ahead only for Bournemouth to hit back to lead 2-1, with the 2nd half beginning and Darlington struggling for inspiration the game turbned when Bournemouth had C Pitman Red Carded for a dangerous tackl after 58mins. This gave Darlington he impetus to push forward and they made the numbers game count as goals from Van AArholt and Papazoglou secured the points.

League Matchday 16- Notts County 1 Darlington 0

Darlingon travelled to nearest challengers an big spending County looking to maintain a 6point gap but were unable to do so as Notts County won the game with a late goal from m travelled striker Ade Akinbiyi and that proved the difference in a tight contest as County closed the gap at the top.

League Matchday 17- Darlington 2 Oxford 0

Darlington eased to a comfotable victory with a very good 2nd half display putting pay to Oxford's resillience. 2goals in the space of 4mins at the start of the 2nd half from Butin and Villa getting Darlington back to winning ways.

Darlington remain 3 points clear at the top from County whilst Port Vale are only a isngle point further back as these 3 teams stretch away at the top of the division, in what promises to be a tight run all the way to the last kick of the season

GC73 Turkish Shield Final

Fenerbahçe SK 1 - 0 Bursaspor

Half Time: (1 - 0)

P.BROZEK 4

Fenerbahce win the Turkish Shield in a one sided match, the only surprising thing was that it finished 1-0, 65% possession, 34 shots with 14 on target.

Fenerbahce are now looking to progress in the SMFA Shield, facing Aston Villa at home in the SMFA Shield Round 3 Leg 2, the first leg was an entertaining affair, finishing 3-3 as Villa Park.

Fenerbahce are also sitting 2 points off top spot in the league afer some good recent form under the new boss.

GC73 Turkish Shield Final

Fenerbahçe SK 1 - 0 Bursaspor

Half Time: (1 - 0)

P.BROZEK 4

Fenerbahce win the Turkish Shield in a one sided match' date=' the only surprising thing was that it finished 1-0, 65% possession, 34 shots with 14 on target.

Fenerbahce are now looking to progress in the SMFA Shield, facing Aston Villa at home in the SMFA Shield Round 3 Leg 2, the first leg was an entertaining affair, finishing 3-3 as Villa Park.

Fenerbahce are also sitting 2 points off top spot in the league afer some good recent form under the new boss.[/quote']

I love Brozek! Since I signed him for my Fenerbahce in GC46, he's scored like 15 in 21 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Atletico Madrid Update

Soccer_Jersey_09_10_New_Season_Atletico_Madrid_Home_jersey.summ.jpgatletico_madrid.jpgkb-57041.jpg

League

la_liga_logo.jpg

leaguetableatletico-1.jpg

Position: 3rd

Played: 21

Won: 13

Drew: 4

Lost: 4

Win Percentage: 61.9%

Last Result: Zaragoza 0-0 Atletico Madrid

Next Fixture: Osasuna vs Atletico Madrid

Star Player: Didier Drogba

It's been an up and down season for Atletico in the Spanish division. At one point leading the way, they now lie in 3rd following two disappointing draws. They are still only 3 points behind city rivals Real Madrid and have a chance of winning the league this season if they embark on a good run of results.

SMFA Champions Cup

brand.gif

atleticomadridsmfa-1.jpg

Position: 1st

Played: 6

Won: 3

Drew: 2

Lost: 1

Win Percentage: 50%

Last Fixture: FC Porto 1-1 Atletico Madrid

Next Fixture: Atletico Madrid vs Galatasaray

Star Player: Jose Antonio Reyes

26th October

Bayern Munich 4-3 Atletico Madrid

Celtic 2-1 FC Porto

6th November

Atletico Madrid 2-0 Celtic

FC Porto 1-1 Bayern Munich

23rd November

Atletico Madrid 0-0 FC Porto

Celtic 0-3 Bayern Munich

7th December

Atletico Madrid 2-1 Bayern Munich

FC Porto 3-2 Celtic

21st December

Celtic 0-5 Atletico Madrid

Bayern Munich 1-2 FC Porto

4th January

FC Porto 1-1 Atletico Madrid

Bayern Munich 3-0 Celtic

Harvey has used his second string side in every SMFA Cup game so far and they have delivered above expectation, topping Group F after 6 games. That meant they went into the draw for the knockout stages where they were drawn against Galatasaray:

River Plate vs. PSV Eindhoven

Lyon vs. Fiorentina

Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich

Inter Milan vs. Arsenal

Marseille vs. Olympiacos

ATLETICO MADRID vs. Galatasaray

Barcelona vs. Juventus

Liverpool vs. Bordeaux

Guest Daragh

Atletico Madrid Update

Soccer_Jersey_09_10_New_Season_Atletico_Madrid_Home_jersey.summ.jpgatletico_madrid.jpgkb-57041.jpg

League

la_liga_logo.jpg

leaguetableatletico-1.jpg

Position: 3rd

Played: 21

Won: 13

Drew: 4

Lost: 4

Win Percentage: 61.9%

Last Result: Zaragoza 0-0 Atletico Madrid

Next Fixture: Osasuna vs Atletico Madrid

Star Player: Didier Drogba

It's been an up and down season for Atletico in the Spanish division. At one point leading the way' date=' they now lie in 3rd following two disappointing draws. They are still only 3 points behind city rivals Real Madrid and have a chance of winning the league this season if they embark on a good run of results.[/color']

SMFA Champions Cup

brand.gif

atleticomadridsmfa-1.jpg

Position: 1st

Played: 6

Won: 3

Drew: 2

Lost: 1

Win Percentage: 50%

Last Fixture: FC Porto 1-1 Atletico Madrid

Next Fixture: Atletico Madrid vs Galatasaray

Star Player: Jose Antonio Reyes

26th October

Bayern Munich 4-3 Atletico Madrid

Celtic 2-1 FC Porto

6th November

Atletico Madrid 2-0 Celtic

FC Porto 1-1 Bayern Munich

23rd November

Atletico Madrid 0-0 FC Porto

Celtic 0-3 Bayern Munich

7th December

Atletico Madrid 2-1 Bayern Munich

FC Porto 3-2 Celtic

21st December

Celtic 0-5 Atletico Madrid

Bayern Munich 1-2 FC Porto

4th January

FC Porto 1-1 Atletico Madrid

Bayern Munich 3-0 Celtic

Harvey has used his second string side in every SMFA Cup game so far and they have delivered above expectation, topping Group F after 6 games. That meant they went into the draw for the knockout stages where they were drawn against Galatasaray:

River Plate vs. PSV Eindhoven

Lyon vs. Fiorentina

Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich

Inter Milan vs. Arsenal

Marseille vs. Olympiacos

ATLETICO MADRID vs. Galatasaray

Barcelona vs. Juventus

Liverpool vs. Bordeaux

Don't suppose you have anyone you could loan to Chester?

Don't suppose you have anyone you could loan to Chester?

Not really mate sorry. I barely have enough to make two good teams myself. Got some players in my youth team you may or may not want, theyre not very highly rated but might be good for Chester. Got an 82 rated keeper if you want him?

Guest Daragh

Not really mate sorry. I barely have enough to make two good teams myself. Got some players in my youth team you may or may not want' date=' theyre not very highly rated but might be good for Chester. Got an 82 rated keeper if you want him?[/quote']

I could really use Cabrera who is set at unavailable but if you can't loan him out then it's fine :)

I could really use Cabrera who is set at unavailable but if you can't loan him out then it's fine :)

Yeah I can loan him out, I mustve just set him to unavailable at the start of the GC to stop early loan bids, dont like it when they clog up my inbox when Im trying to do deals. I'll set him to available now.:)

Guest Daragh

Yeah I can loan him out' date=' I mustve just set him to unavailable at the start of the GC to stop early loan bids, dont like it when they clog up my inbox when Im trying to do deals. I'll set him to available now.:)[/quote']

Thanks mate, much appreciated :)

Fenerbahçe SK 3 - 0 Aston Villa

Half Time: (3 - 0)

--------------

D.LUGANO 13

M.TOPUZ 18

B.CRISTIAN 42

After a 3-3 draw in the first leg Fenerbahce made light work of Aston Villa, coming out 3-0 winners.

Vital Stats:

Posession: 62%

Shots: 14

On Target: 12

Next up a quarter final tie against Manchester City, this will be a difficult tie, first leg is away so if I can get another draw, or even a one goal defeat then we would fancy our chances as no-one likes a visit to the Sukru Saracoglu stadium with 60,000 sometimes over zealous fans in attendance.

Yeah I can loan him out' date=' I mustve just set him to unavailable at the start of the GC to stop early loan bids, dont like it when they clog up my inbox when Im trying to do deals. I'll set him to available now.:)[/quote']

Oi you dont go helping out my opposition :P

I mean really cabrera at Chester you gotta feel for the poor boy :P;):P;)

NEW MAN IN AT MOLINUEX

Wolves today announced that replacing the departed Mick McCarthy will be Hayden Dando.

Dando, born and raised in nearby Tipton will take control of the club with immediate effect and he said "Managing a local club was important to me and with Wolves i really think we have a sleeping giant, staying in the Premiership is the first target but we would also like to think we can build on what is a good squad and see where we go from there.

Guest Daragh

Oi you dont go helping out my opposition :P

I mean really cabrera at Chester you gotta feel for the poor boy :P;):P;)

Why? Do you fear Chester? Admit it mate' date=' you do! Ok ok we may not be setting Division 5 alight atm but you still fear me :P

And don't worry Harvey, the facilities are great down in Chester, so you don't have to worry about Cabrera's development. Don't listen to what Ray says, he's just jealous and well, you can't blam him tbh, I mean just look at his so called "state of the art" training ground ;):P

[img']http://www.commanster.eu/commanster/Habitat/bog.jpg[/img]

Darlington Update:

Darlington maintain position at the summit.

League Matchday 18- Altrincham 0 Darlington 0

Nothing to report here in what could be the most dull game ever with only 1 shot on target in the entire match, both sides worse than abject.

League Matchday 19- Darlington 3 Morecombe 2

Goals from Rodriguez, Botia and star striker Villa fire Darlinton to 3 points in an entertaining match against an adventourous Morecombe.

League Matchday 20- Rotherham 0 Darlington 3

Darlington travelled to a very strong looking Rotherham side expecting a tough match but it provided nothing of the sort as Darlington Romped home with a fantastic display which never saw Rotherham get into the game, Goals from Ander Herrera, bargfrede and Villa sealing a well earnt and merited victory

League Matchday 21- darlington 0 Aldershot 2

Darlington slipped to a shock home defeat as Aldershot came and had a real go at Darlington and were rewarded by 2 second half goals to put a dent in the qualjers title ambitions.

English Cup Round 1- Doncaster 0 Darlington 0 (Pens 4-5)

Darlington secured a famous victory via the lottery of penalties as they knocked out a team 2divisions above them in the pecking order. To be fair Darlington were on the back foot for the majority of the game but produced a fantastic never say die defensive display to frustrate Doncaster and earn a penalty shoot out which they duly won with keeper Bezgin the hero with his penalty save. Darlington earn a glamour tie at home to Man City in round 2

League Matchday 22- port Vale 0 Darlington 2

Darlington travelled to the potteries to face a Port Vale side in 3rd place and challenging in the league but showed little sign of any Christams cheer as they comprehensively outplayed Poert vale through a brace from french Striker Butin. These results leave Darlington 3 points clear at the top of Div 5 with Notts County the nearest challengers

In transfer news Darlington have sold Star Player Diekmeier back to Germany raising a healthy 7m for the club of which they have invested a club record 3m on Brazilian U-21 International CB Xandao from Braurei and are rumoured to be close to the signing of a young forward.

• 3 weeks later...

SMFA Shield Quarter Final Leg 2

Fenerbahçe SK 7 - 1 Manchester City

Half Time: (2 - 0)

-----------------------

M.KALYNYCHENKO 21

P.BROZEK 25, 78

C.KAZIM KAZIM 60

D.GUIZA 64

N.DE JONG 81 (own goal)

S.ALEX 89

-----------------------

K.NÉMETH 69

Vital Stats:

Posession: 53%

Shots: 17

On Target: 11

After a 3-1 defeat away to Man City in the 1st leg Fenerbahçe faced an uphill task to qualify for the semi final, but qualify they did, in some style! The Man City players just couldn't handle the atmosphere of the Sukru Saracoglu stadium, a crowd of 49,816 raving lunatics were in attendance, making noise 4 hours before kick off.

1st goal after 21 minutes, with Kalynychenko following up to tap in after the keeper parried. Only 4 minutes later Brozek finished off a good passing move. 2-0, 3-3 on aggregate, but with the advantage of the away goal Fenerbahçe became cautious, ensuring that they did not concede, a dangerous game to play but after 60 minutes Kazim Kazim used his pace and power to force his way into the box and lash home. After 64 minutes following a mix up in midfield, Guiza runs through and confidently slams a low shot past the advancing keeper, 5-3 on aggregate and the fans come alive. On 69 minutes, potential disaster, a terrible back pass and substitute Nemeth scores, 5-4 on aggregate, but now Man City have a crucial away goal, can they get another to turn the tie on its head? Answer... No, on 78 minutes the impressive Brozek rises above the defender and glances a header inside the far post, surely Fenerbahçe are through now? 81 minutes, disaster for City, De Jong heads the ball into the back of his own net, laughter from the crowd as the stadium speakers blast out the Benny Hill theme tune. 89 minutes, another goal, A long ball over the defence is superbly controlled by Alex who volleys past the motionless keeper.

The game ends 7-1 with Fenerbahçe going through to the semi final, where they meet French team OCG Nice.

New man at Milan!!! After Nin Chatna leaving Aaron Hartnett has taken over. This is what was said in a press confrence earlier;

What are your ambitions for the rest of the season?

"I have taken Milan over and there left in 4th place and by the end of the season I hope to finish 2nd. Next season if all goes well we'll be aiming for the Champions League title."

Do you have any transfers on your mind at the moment?

Ive been left with a great squad and a lot of depth. But I will be keeping an eye out on the transfer market and look for a defender. The players on the team I have decided to transfer list are:

Gattuso

Nesta

Zambrotta

Jankolovski

Seedorf."

Darlington Update:

Darlington March on and enjoying a cup run.

League Matchday 23- Darlington 2 Lincoln 1

Darlington welcomed one of the strongest squads in Div 5 Lincoln and put in a stunning performance to claim the points, full of energy and vigour this was epitomised by young French striker Butin who grabbed the 2goals.

League Matchday 24- Wrexham 2 Darlington 1

Darlington slipped to a disapointing defeat against the Welsh outfit after a distrastrous first half dispaly things were always gunna be an uphill struggle to get back in the game Bargfrede got a late consolation but Darlington did not have enough to earn a point.

League Matchday 25- Darlington 3 Macclesfied 1

Darlington sent the fans home happy by resuming winning ways with a good performance to see off Macclesfield. The goals were shared around as goals continue to come from all areas this time in the shape of Villa, Bargfrede and Escudero.

English Cup Round 2- Darlington 1 Man City 0

Darlington provided there fans with one of the greatest nights in the clubs history as big spending Man City were sent packing by a courageous and determined display from the quakers. New Boy Oscar De Marcos announcing himself to the Darlington fans in the best possible way.

League Matchday 26- Luton 1 Darlingon 4

Darlington travelled to kenilworth road off the back of an ecstatic victory over City and this showed with another convincing display as Luton were brushed aside with ease. Villa (2) Bargfrede and Botia with the goals.

League Matchday 27- Darlington 5 Grimsby 1

The Mariners were swept aside as darlingon continued in a free scoring vein goals from Nogueira (2), Bacca, Moya and an OG securing darlington another comfotable 3 points.

English Cup Round 3- Darlington 5 Cambridge 1

Darlington progressed into the last 16 and a date away at Brighton with another thumping way over there Div 5 rivals. Diminuta, Papazoglou, Bargfrede (2) and Rodriguez.

League Matchday 28- Barnet 2 Darlington 2

Darlington left Underhill disappointed and Pauley was said to be furious after throwing away a 2goal lead to unfancied Barnet. Butin and Nogueira looked to have put the Quakers in firm control but Darlington were stunned by the Barnet fightback and left pauley disappointed in his sides inability to see the game out.

These results see Darlington sitting pretty with a 9point gap between them and 2nd placed Notts County with 10games to go. 5wins should be enough for promotion but Pauley wants the title and to give Darlington there dirst bit of silverware in years.

"I am delighted with how we are progressing the team is working extremely hard, playing well and the cup run is just great for the city you can see what it means to the fans they are as passionate about this club as I am and the club is in a great condition currently and the feel good factor has returned, lets hope we maintain it for the rest of the season"

There has been a flood of coming and goings since we last wrote with the types of Panic, julio Sergio, Maykon, Sciarrone, hasebe, Poredski, Oier, Nijholt and Volyvuk joing the club whilst Miller, bezgin, ventura and Douglao have left the club.

Darlington have also been boosted by many player rises in the past few weks they include:

Maykon 75-80

Botia 78-85

Oscar De Marcos 77-83

Ander Herrera 76-84

Ventura 73-80 (Sold)

Bezgin 76-80 (sold)

Oier 80-83

Seilva 74-77

The squad is getting stronger by the day and good times look possible for the qualkers.

atletico_madrid.jpgSoccer_Jersey_09_10_New_Season_Atletico_Madrid_Home_jersey.summ.jpg4-2 espanyol.thumbnail.jpgespanyol.gif

Angel Martinez 2'

Drogba 6'

Reyes 11'

Moises 15'

Drogba 48'

Drogba 50'

Asenjo

Ujfalusi ---- Perea ---- Juanito

Assuncao

Simao ---- Garcia ---- Hosny ---- Reyes

Drogba ---- Forlan

Coro ---- Tamudo

Verdu ---- H. Moises ---- De la Pena ---- Martinez

Garcia ---- Munoz ---- Pareja ---- Chica

Kameni

Atletico Madrid kept the pressure on the top two last night as they saw off Espanyol 4-2 at Vicente Calderon. A hat trick from Didier Drogba helped Atletico on their way, alongside a Jose Antonio Reyes header. The win for Atletico keeps them in 3rd place but just three points behind league leaders Barcelona, and level on points with 2nd place Real Madrid. With just ten games remaining, Saturday's encounter with Barcelona at the Camp Nou promises to be crucial in the race for the La Liga title. The big games are coming thick and fast for At. Madrid as they travel to Argentina straight after the Barca game to take on River Plate in the first leg of the SMFA Champions Cup Quarter Finals.

Atletico may have taken the three points, but it was the visitors who started the brighter of the two teams and they took an early lead. Angel Martinez wasn't closed down quick enough by Atletico's defence who stood off the winger, and he made them pay when his right footed strike flew past Sergio Asenjo and into the bottom corner. Espanyol's surprise lead was cut short just four minutes later. Didier Drogba, having already missed an open goal, compensated for his earlier miss, hammering home from 10 yards after some poor defending from the away side. It was a fantastic spectacle in Madrid and, no sooner had they equalised, the hosts took the lead. Simao did well on the right hand side and his cross found the incoming Jose Antonio Reyes who powered his header past Carlos Kameni. An unpredictable game took another turn on 15 minutes. Espanyol weren't deterred by their failure to keep the lead and they equalised through Hurtado Moises, although replays have shown he was marginally offside. A frantic opening quarter of an hour began to fade and both teams seemed content to let the game slow down a little. Carlos Kameni made two impressive saves to keep the scores level, first from Raul Garcia and then tipping Diego Forlan's header over the bar on 30 minutes. The final chance of the first half fell to goalscorer Jose Antonio Reyes but his long range drive whistled wide of the post. 2-2 at the break.

The second half started similarly to how the first half did, and again there was an early goal. Kameni made a fantastic double save but his second parry fell perfectly for Drogba who, left-footed, poked the ball over the line. Raul Garca almost got in on the act a minute later when his well-struck volley smashed against the near post. Drogba completed his hat trick on 50 minutes, when Antiono Reyes picked out the unmarked Ivorian who rose high to nod his side two goals in front. A perfect hat-trick for the former Chelsea man. Despite holding a two goal lead, Atletico started to look shaky while Espanyol piled on the pressure. Sergio Asenjo had to be at his best to deny Raul Tamudo a goal, before Ivan de la Pena somehow missed the target with an open goal in front of him. Joan Verdu was next to waste an opportunity for the travellers although he certainly came closer, dipping an effort that came back off the bar. With time running out, Ferran Coro had Asenjo scrambling across the goalmouth but his shot crept wide of the mark, just. Los Colchoneros hung on for the win and earned the best possible warm-up for their massive game at the weekend at the Camp Nou.

• 2 weeks later...

Darlington Update:

League Matchday 29- Darlington 7 Histon 1

Darlington romped to another 3points as the part-timers from Histon were put to the sword. Goals from Moya, Rodriguez, Oscar De Marcos (2) and a hat-trick from Papazoglou (whose reward was to be sold LOL :P)

League Matchday 30- Accrington Stanley 0 Darlington 0

In a rather uneventful game chances were few and far between as Darlington failed to make the breakthrough at a decent Stanley team. Both defences were well on top and the game petered out into a dull draw.

League Matchday 31- Darlington 1 Chester 0

Darlington ground out a hard-fought victory over a determined Chester side who came with a defensive formation designed to frustrate the quakers. The plan appeared to be working to perfection before a late strike from new Dutch midfielder Nijholt broke Chester resistance and sent Darlington fans crazy with joy.

English Cup Last 16- Brighton 1 Darlington 2

Darlington's amazing cup run continues with another higher division scalp added to the list. This time in the form of div 4 Brighton the teams were very evenly mhed however goals from Ander Herrera and on loan roatian defender Loveren kept the Quakers dreams alive and a tie away at premier Leagu Portsmouth in the last 8.

"I am extremely satisfied with the players efforts we are keeping up the momentum and have kep the 8point gap at the top of the league as we edge closer to promotion. is now 10games unbeaten in all competitions and we are in form at the right time and within touching distance of our objectives but theplayers will remain fully focused as the title is there for the taking"

• 2 weeks later...

Darlington Update:

Promotion secured and Cup adventure goes on

league Matchday 32- Cmbridge 1 darlington 5

a fired up and motivated Darlington repeated the cup rout of Cambridge by agin beating there opposition by the same scoreline which was richly deserved after another feast of attacking football. The goals were spread around which pauley was delighted to seeas everybody i chipping in with goals this time from Moya, Rodriguez, Aan, orozco and escudero.

League Matchday 33- Darlington 4 stevenage 0

Another thumping win almost gave darlington promotion with Moya, Orozco and Escudero on the scoresheet again here with Oier getting his first goal for the club.

League Matchday 34- Bournemouth 2 Darlington 1

Darlington slipped to a sck defeat as unmanaged Bournemouth caused a shock, Darlington did not perform well on the day and were soundly beaten as Bournemouth raced into a 2goal lead before Villa pulled one back but it was to prove to be in vain.

League Matchday 35- Darlington 0 Notts County 1

An understrength darlingon with one eye on the cup Q/F at Portsmouth were beaten by a very good Notts County side. Nothing much seperated the sides throughout the game but a late goal for County could not spoil the Party atmosphere as Due to other results Darlington were confirmed as promoted to Div 4.

"I am absolutely delighted to get promotion, we have worked hard and now we are reaping the rewards, 6points clear at the top with 3games left we know one victory should secure us the title and that is what we want we have put in many great performances this season and we just need one more to get us the title i felt we deserved and we shall be going all out at Oxford next time in the eague to scure it"

English Cup Q/F- Portsmouth 0 Darlington 1

darlington stunned the whole of the country by claiming yet another Premiership scalp this time in Portsmouth. the men from the south coast were not able to cope with the desire and determination of the Quakers and the quakers yet again kept a clean sheet in this cup run which has been built upon a solid defense and counter-attacking football. Yung Spanish modefielder Sielva getting the decisive goal on 62mins and darlington held on with relative comfort to send the fans into dreamland and one game away from Wembley.

In the semi-finals Darlington will face Southampton who also stunned the footballing world by knocking out the money men at Stamford bridge in Chelsea via penalties, whilst the other semi will be contested by Aston Villa and Wigan.

"I can barely believe it, the boys have just been superb and credit to the club, the dream continues and we are now little Darlington from Div 5 1game from Wembley. It is a dream but a dream that can become reality it is like a fantasy novel but we will continue to give it everything and if we can reward the fans with another victory and a place at Wembley i think it will rank alongside the top achievements ever made in football. Southampton will be a tough game and there is no room for Complacency but if we put in the level of performance i know we are capable of then who knows maybe the dream will become reality" :)

fr-stade-rennes.png

MARQUEE SIGNINGS AT RENNES

Rennes manager, Monsieur Sorensen, is living up to the expectations of the board by pulling off some real top-notch signings. First Monaco's left-sided midfielder Anderson Nene (89) arrived at the club and he is followed in by Auxerre's box-to-box midfielder Benoit Pedretti (89).

610x.jpg

New signing Benoit Pedretti (right) will be marshaling the Rennes midfield next season.

The two aforementioned players could be followed by another midfielder and a forward if the rumors are correct.

Monsieur Sorensen has already brought in players like Sebastian Corchia, Humerto Rever, Mendes Elias, Anthony Le Tallec, Loic Remy and many more. Added to a pool of players like Jimmy Briand, Sylvain Marveaux, Yann M'Vila, Rod Fanni, Fabien Lemoine and Rennes are looking like one of the most interesting sides in France.

Rennes have been one of the most stable sides in France over the last 10 years and this season has been no different. The Breton club won the French Shield, reached the quarterfinals of the French Cup and are placed in 6th in Ligue 1.

Monsieur Sorensen:

I'm a bit disappointed that we couldn't beat Lyon and go into the semifinals of the French Cup, but all in all I'm satisfied with our season. We have a great team and I truly believe that we will be grabbing the title in the near future. I'm missing a few pieces for the puzzle to be complete, but we have around 30 million in hand plus the money we raise from player sales, so it should be possible to get the players I need.

l_635.gif

109_1255868477.jpg168_front_small.png 3-1 125_1189947521.gif35_front_small.png

San Siro

Att: 85,700

Internazionale managed by: Barry MUFC

Sampdoria managed by: Nik Muzka

Ref: Keith Hill flags_of_England.gif

parma_inter_players_celebrate.jpg

Inter's players celebrate after Juve's result comes into the San Siro.

INTER ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Internazionale have won the Serie A tonight with two league games to spare. This result comes after Juventus got thrashed away to Cagliari 4-0 and Inter won 3-1 at home to Sampdoria, without David Villa and Cristiano Ronaldo. Inter are on 76 points in first whereas Juventus are on 69 points with two games left to play. The top four is currently in the position it was predicted at the start with Juve second Milan third and Fiorentina fourth. Internazionale play Fiorentina away on Saturday.

With the importance of this match, and the possibility of being confirmed champions Sampdoria began confident to spoil the celebrations. Daniele Mannini raced clear down the left and his powerful shot went across Julio Cesar and into the net, less than thirty seconds in. Inter responded soon after Esteban Cambiasso placed the ball into the net from twenty yards with brilliant placement. 1-1 three minutes in. Guti then popped up on the left wing and his shot went inches wide of the target. Inter won a corner then soon after and Lucio met it with a powerful header which sailed into the roof of the net to spark celebrations in the San Siro. Padalino could have equalised for Sampdoria soon after but he shot miserably wide while in a good position. David Suazo shot inches wide for Inter and Castellazzi shot inches over for Sampdoria as the half drew to a close. Half Time: Inter 1-1 Sampdoria.

Andrea Poli found some space at the edge of the area, and he shot miles over the bar and the Inter fans took full advantage to humiliate Poli. Cambiasso’s long range effort nearly made it 3-1 but Castellazzi threw himself in front of the ball and it remained 2-1. Massimo Ambrosini hit a thunderous long range shot which clipped the bar as it went over for Sampdoria. Javier Zanetti received a controversial red card for a tackle which he won the ball in, in the 85th minute. Inter sealed the win and the title in the 88th minute, with David Suazo hitting a stunning twenty yard shot which sailed in off the post. Full Time: Internazionale 3-1 Sampdoria. Inter are the Champions.