Gold Championship 73 |Official Thread|Match Reports|News|

Barry MUFC

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Gold Championship 73 |Official Thread|Match Reports|News|

Darlington Update:

Well here we are now in Div 2 and it has been a fairly eventful start to the season:

LeagueWe got off to a very poor start as the step up in class seemed to be a bridge we were not capable of dealing with in the early stages of the season with a string of poor results. However we are currently on (this is the kiss of death :P) a 11 match unbeaten run with some notable scalps. This has seen us move up the table to a season high 3rd with 29 points from the opening 15 games. We sit five points behind Lincoln City whose monumental rise has coincided with our own and three points behind surprise package QPR who are punching well above their weight. Next up is a short trip (at least for me as i live 5mins from the ground :P) to Crystal Palace.

English Shield:

Darlington again enjoyed a decent run in a domestic cup competition as Doncaster and Bolton were brushed aside before a agonising penalty defeat to Premier League Watford in Round Four in a game Darlington dominated and should have won with erase.

The squad is looking very good a few bits of wheeling and dealing have seen lots of names move in/out although major activity has somewhat slowed as Pauley is fairly happy with the options he now has. The biggest arrival without doubt is Hungarian Winger Balazs Dzudzsak who arrives for a cool 24m from PSV Eindhoven. Other notable names added lately are Josep Ilicic, Ignasi Miquel and Moussa Sow who will be an important asset with a potential +2 rating change on the horizon for Ligue 1 top scorer.

Darlington have also completed the first loaness they have ever loaned out with Phil Jones joining peterbrough on a short-term basis...loaning out a player...must be getting half decent now LOL

Moskva Update:

I have now been in charge for 4 games since making my come back after a 48 game spell witch ended a few months back. I have sold Barcellos Taison and Frederic Namani for CMV due to both not being anywhere near my A squad.

Kevin De Bruyne 80 who I signed for 900k rose to 85 witch was a nice rise.

Bernd Leno 77 also got a rise to 79 witch is good for my 4th chose Keeper.

My club is listening to deals for my main players and as of now everyone has a price after a shocking loss in the semi finals of the cup!

• 3 weeks later...

Darlington Update:

League progressing nicely and a superstar signing

The League campaign has been very good since I last wrote with the Quakers taking a very impressive 19 points from the last possible 24. The defeat was a massive blow again crushed by major rivals Lincoln. I had the best of our tussles for the past three seasons but this year they have certainly turned the tables :o

However impressive victories and thumping ones at that over the likes of Stoke,Portsmouth and Leicester to name but a few have seen us go level with lincoln sitting behind them on Goal Difference with QPR still putting up a major fight to the top pair only a point behind.

Darlington have also progressed to the 2nd round of The FA Cup a competition they won in the past with a thumping defeat of Notts County courtesy of goals from Vossen, Lukaku and a brace from our new signing ?? :)

Transfer News:

The major talking point has been the arrival of England's premier young talent Jack Wilshere who joined in a deal which saw Gervinho and Sasha head to Benfica. Whilst sad to lose Gervinho a player Pauley hugely admires the chance to get one of the greatest English talents in recent years was to difficult to refuse.

Another major arrival was that of Moussa Sissoko from Internazionale for a fee of 14m. The deal was a bit of a shock but as soon as Inter decided to get rid and offered him out to potential buyers we did not waste time in concluding the deal. The books have been somewhat balanced by the sales of Torosidis,Vosen and Ljubicic for a total of 23m.

A major attempt to bring Victor Valdes to the club has somewhat stalled with Pauley labelling CSKA asking price to high. "The deal looks dead in the water, we offered a good deal but in my opinion they are getting to greedy at there end and therefore the deal looks all but over".

"We are all extremely delighted to have Jack with us, he is a rare talent and the fact he has gone down the leagues to join us here at Darlington just shows how much faith and belief he has in our project. We will continue to develop him the right way and will have all the opportunities he needs to excel. The Sissoko deal was a surprise to us but as soon as we were offered a player of his calibre the Chairman again showed faith in my judgement by putting up the funds, he is an extremely talented ball-winning enforcer and will be a vital screen in front of our defence and he also promises to be a vital part of Darlington's Future"

• 2 weeks later...

Darlington keep up the pressure on Lincoln

Darlington have comfotably won there last three league games in exciting style.

Birmingham 4-2

Coventry 4-0

QPR 3-1

This has still not been enough to go top as Lincoln march on relentlessly so position stays how it was with us trailing Lincoln on Goal Difference after 2/3 of the League campaign completed.

Progress to the 3rd round of the FA Cup was also secured courtesy of an absolute pummeling of Shrewsbury 11-1 at *** Meadow. A match lit up by the brilliance of Ivorian striker Moussa Sow who scored five as well as providing three assists in an astonishing display.

There has also been more major news on the transfer front as Darlington just keep getting bigger and better and confirming there status amongst footballers around the world as where they wanna be.

Darlington smashed there transfer record with the 34.2m signing of Chilean striker Alexis Sanchez, the youngster coverted by many across the globe is delighted to be at such a big club. This was followed by another young superstar making the journey to The Darlington Arena to sign terms as young Spaniard David De Gea joins from Atletico madrid in a deal which sees Julio Sergio and Lewis Holtby head to Spain. Young dutch midfielder Kevin Strootman also joined from Braga for 3.1m whilst Turkish International Necip Uysal left the club for 5.2m.

"Again we are delighted with the business we have done we now have one of the most talented young sides in world football, tthe signings of Sanchez and De Gea speak for themselves but I was delighted with the capture of Strootman a young playmaker already in the Holland NT set-up and with the right tuition here at Darlington i feel he can go a long way"

CSKA Moskva News:

My side are now 23 points clear with 10 games to go will be hard not to win the league title this season.

Still looking for deals!

Victor Valdes - PE

Luis Anderson - PE

Lopez Lisandro - PE

Lucas Barrios - PE

Willing to listen to offers were I can give 2-1 deals in willing to part with some top young stars.

• 3 weeks later...

Darlington Juggernaught marches on:

League:

Darlington have stretched there winning run in the League to a extrememly pleasing eleven games. Victories over Millwall,Southampton,Wolves, Ipswich and Bristol City seeing Darlington's unrelenting pressure finally pay off as Lincoln suffered a surprise home defeat leaving Darlington three points clear at the top with seven League games to go. Darlington have really upped there game coming into the final stretch of the season and Pauley is looking for the lads to continue this form right to the last game.

FA Cup:

Darlington progressed to the last 16 with a 6-0 thumping of Blackpool and will tonight come up against Arsenal at The Emirates, one of the biggest tests in football. Darlington will be up against it but will go and have a go and see what happens.

CSKA Moskva News:

Well after becoming the league champions we have change on our mind.

Transfer News:

Hooper who joined for 4M has left for 4.5M to join Celtic.

Happy to let him go due to the fact I dont need him ever with a rise again on the cards to 86-87.

Valdes - Lisandro and more looking for new teams for next season get in touch to deal have depth so can offer 2-3 for 1 deals.

• 2 weeks later...

Darlington secure promotion to the Premier League

League:

Darlington have continued in there free flowing attacking way completing thumping victories over Sheff Utd, Derby, Palace and Cardiff managing to score 16 goals in the process. These results have seen darlington secure promotion with ease and run clear of Lincoln in the chase for the title. Darlington are 8points clear with three games remaining so close to securing there fourth successive Title and the big time awaits.

FA Cup

The giant killers of Darlington were at it again this time destroying Premier League giants Arsenal at the Emirates. A full strength Arsenal proving no match for the 2nd string Quakers with goals from Welinton and Moussa Sow putting us through to the Quarters and an away tie at Middlesborough as Darlington continue there quest to win this cup for the second time in there illustrious history :)

I don't think that I have seen this thread, it's nice to see Ray giving updates on his Darlington :)

Barcelona won their first league title last night after finishing as the runners up for the past threee seasons :o The good thing about winning the title with a few games to spare is that I can afford to play my 2nd team in the league so that I can concentrate on the cups.

With three trophies secured already, I still have the Spanish Cup and the SMFA Cup to play for. On Monday we will face Almeria in the quarter finals of the domestic cup, and the following Monday we have got Sevilla in the first leg of the SMFA Cup Semi-Final.

Hopefully I will be able to secure the quintuple :)

• 2 weeks later...

Darlington are in the Premier League- As Champions yet again

Darlington rounded off the season in some style and sit 11points clear at the top with a game to go. This has been achieved by a quite astonishing run of 17 League wins on the bounce and 21 in total. This is the fourth successive Championship for the quakers and represents a fabulous rags to riches story for the boys from the North-East.

"I am immensely proud, this is a great moment in the history of this football club, four seasons ago the Premier league seemed a long way away but it is now reality and is an amazing feeling. The lads, the coaching staff, the fans everybody has played there part and we can now look forward to visiting grounds such as The Emirates, Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and my beloved Anfield on a regular basis, it truely is a wonderful tale and everybody here is absolutely over the moon"

The season is not over for Darlington though as come Friday night we have the small matter of a FA Cup Semi to prepere for. The opposition are Wolverhampton Wanderers and Pauley is said to be determined to make it a double for the season, "we have great memories of our last FA Cup triumph in season one, and we want to savour that taste again, we are two games away from making history yet again and I can assure our fans everybody is highly motivated to make this happen"

• 2 weeks later...

Darlington suffer final heartache :(

Darlington progressed to the FA Cup final with a spanking 6-0 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers where they were pitted against Englands 2nd most decorated club after Liverpool in Manchester United.

Having met twice before in this setup with a Darlington win in a Charity Shield and a unlucky 4th round exit in the FA Cup on penalties last season, Darlington fans were hopeful of another upset, however fate was n to prove kind as history repeated itself once more.

The game itself was pretty even with Moussa Sissoko firing the quakers into an early lead however United did what all good teams do and responded quickly. The rest of the match was a tense very even affair as Darlington more than matched there illustrious foes and despite the best efforts of both teams the match was to be decided on the dreaded penalty kicks.

It was here that the old stage Edwin Van Der Sar was to prove to be the hero as he saved more PK'S than his supposed replacement in real life David De Gea to leave United fans delirious and Darlington fans devestated at a very unfortunate defeat and no European football next season.

"The players are devestated but they have nothing to be ashamed of, we played fantastically well and didnt enjoy the Luck when we needed it. They gave everything and a manager can ask for no more, we must regroup and focus our attentions on the massive task that is the Premier League next season where hopefully we can aim for a European spot and take it from there, we will not be satisfied with mere survival"

• 2 weeks later...

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=2262

WATFORD LOOK FORWARD TO SEASON 5

With season 5 about to kick off, SMFA Shield holders go into the first league game on the back of a 1-2 SMFA Super Cup defeat to Manchester United in the week. Although obviously dissappointed, we proved a match for the reigning league and Champions Cup winners, boding well for the season ahead.

2536_1227007217.jpg46443_1289007996.jpg

The only pre-season deals to report are the £8.3m signing of Italian winger Marco Marchionni and the acquisition of Swiss prospect Granit Xhaka in a straight swap for Freddy Mveng.

Although we have a few too many veterans in the first XI, we should be capable of a top 7 finish and a good run in the SMFA Shield as we attempt to retain.

WATFORD.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Darlington Update:

Darlington make solid start to top-flight campaign

League:

Darlington have managed to amass a very satisfactory twelve points from their first six games in the top-flight. Wigan,Sunderland,Tottenham and Blackburn all beaten in good style with a very unlucky defeat to Lincoln and a good thumping by Liverpool making up the games so far.

Darlington sit 7th at this early stage and it does look nice to see Darlington sandwiched between the likes of Manchester City and Arsenal a nice sign of the progress made.

English Shield:

Darlington have progressed to the last sixteen stage with some comprehensive wins over Gillingham and Hartlepool. This was followed by a fantastic display to beat Premier League leaders Chelsea with a goal by Dutch International Kevin Strrotman. Peterborough United await.

It has been a busy time Transfer wise which have seen some major deals done. Two major deals were completed with Real Madrid which saw David De Gea and Romelu Lukaku leave with Steve Mandanda and Jan Mata arriving to join the Premier League's emerging force.

New signings were also made in the form of Defensive Midfielder Luiz Gustavo from Hoffenheim for 14.3M, young promising defender Stefan Savic joining from Partizan for 5.1M, whilst winger Manu Del Moro arrived from Getafe for a fee of 16.2M.

These signings inevitably led to a few departures with Christian Noboa and Welington leaving for pastures new in FC Twente for a combined fee of 60M, Patricio Rodrigues also left for Juventus for 6M.

Pauley is said to be quite happy with his dealings and believes the squad looks much stronger and more of a force to compete at the top level. Mata, Mandanda and Gustavo are all top quality players who will add much to the squad and hopefully we can continue to put in some good quality performances and cement our place at the top level.

HSV Name New Boss!

After joining CSK Moskova and signing top names like Pirlo Mattuie Beckett took the team to league titles but now a bigger job is in hand in Germany with HSV the new coach has been bissy and after 4 years away from the club LB Marcell Jansen has come home, the ex HSV star left in season 1 to Juventus but after a spell in Russia he has come back for 17M manager Beckett has said the 90 rated star will be a key here and we hope he dose well.

The sid who sit 4th right now play 10th tonight were Beckett will be hoping for a win the coach has also said Angel Di Maria will only leave for a top offer both Madrid and Barcelona have been tracking the star but are far from what we feel he is worth.

As per normal for Watford, league form is average and cup form is pretty good.

I'm currently sat in 11th position in the league .... a high for us this season thanks to back-to-back wins over QPR and West Ham.

Through to the second round of the SMFA Shield as we seek to defend our title.... Celtic disposed of in round 1.

Wins over lower league opposition (Northampton, Plymouth and tonight Bristol City) have put us into the quarter finals of the English Shield also.

Squad is looking like....

WATFORD-1.jpg

HSV Name New Boss!

After joining CSK Moskova and signing top names like Pirlo Mattuie Beckett took the team to league titles but now a bigger job is in hand in Germany with HSV the new coach has been bissy and after 4 years away from the club LB Marcell Jansen has come home' date=' the ex HSV star left in season 1 to Juventus but after a spell in Russia he has come back for 17M manager Beckett has said the 90 rated star will be a key here and we hope he dose well.

The sid who sit 4th right now play 10th tonight were Beckett will be hoping for a win the coach has also said Angel Di Maria will only leave for a top offer both Madrid and Barcelona have been tracking the star but are far from what we feel he is worth.[/quote']

Harry Redknapp has parted company with Hamburger SV after the manager decided that they have done all that they can for the club.
The Chairman of Hamburger SV has made you a job offer to take control of the club. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Watford immediately. This job offer will only be available for 5 days after it was first offered.

Did not see that coming.................:rolleyes:

Darlington Update:

Darlington take Premier league by storm but exit the cup:

League:

Darlington continue to confound all expectations as they rattled up another four victories since I last wrote over some of the country's top sides in Manchester United, Arsenal Newcastle and Hull. This makes it seven consecutive victories at the top level for Darlington and sees them sitting in a sky-high almost unbelievable 2nd place after ten league games, four points behind the juggernaut that is Aston Villa currently.

A lot of the current success is based around Chilean sensation Alexis Sanchez and the solidity provided at the back by French pairing Rami and Sakho, it is vital these players stay fit if darlington are to have any hope of continuing this rich vein of form.

English Shield:

Darlington exited the tournament at the last 16 stage with a 2-0 defeat to a decent Peterbrough. Darlington fielded many reserves but still should have been good enough especially at home to navigate there way past there lower league opposition. In a dissapointing performance darlington can have no real complaints and good luck to Peterbrough for the rest of the competition.

• 3 weeks later...

Darlington Update:

Darlington's great run of form continues

League Matchday 11- Chelsea 1 Darlington 2

Darlington enjoyed yet another fine result at one of the Premiership's big boys with a fine performance to come from behind to defeat the west end millionaires. Francisco fernando fired Chelsea into a lead at Half-time before a spirited 2nd half display was capped by goals from Jack Rodwell and Moussa Sow to take the points back north.

League Matchday 12- Darlington 2 Watford 2

Darlington dropped two points to a more than capable Watford side in a game that went from despair to elation to frustration. Seedorf fired Watford ahead and things looked very bleak when Slovenian midfielder Bacinovic was sent off for the home side who looked to be slipping to defeat. This didnt account for one man Del Moral the Spanish Winger almost single-handedly firing Darlington to three points before the frustaration of a last minute equalizer dampened the home fans spirit.

League Matchday 13- Middlesborough 0 Darlington 5

Darlington earned the bragging rights in this North-East local derby with a professional display to see off a dissapointing Boro. The result was never rreally in doubt and braces from Alexis Sanchez, Del Moral and a Dzsudzsak strike earning another three points.

League Matchday 14- Darlington 3 Everton 2

A fantastic fightback from Darlington saw off another Premier League heavyweight. Darlington were two-nil down after 20mins but the spirit and charachter that has epitomised there displays this season shone through once again. Wilshere and Juan Mata pulling Darlington level and despite seeing Chris Smalling sent off Darlington kept pushing and the fans were sent home deliriously happy when Alexis sanchez fired a late winner.

League Matchday 15- Man City 1 Darlington 2

Darlington beat the world's richest club and one of the finest squads in the gameworld with another display of beauty. The world's richest club no match for strikes from Gotze and Rodwell, darlington defended valiantly in the second half to earn yet another surprising three points.

Unbelievably Despite amassing a phenomenal total of 37points from a possible 45 Darlington still trail unbeaten League Leaders Aston Villa by four points. Liverpool sit in third whilst Chelsea have snuck into the last Champions League spot in 4th at the end of 15 league games.

• 3 weeks later...

Season 5 is developing well for Watford. After an initially slow start in the league, we now sit in 8th place within striking distance of the Champions League places on the back of a 10 game unbeaten run in the league incorporating wins over Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs. Reyes and Iaquinta have 10 goals a piece as the Hornets have opened up and become more free-scoring in recent weeks and months.

A first English Shield for the club was won on penalties versus Man City after a 1-1 draw in normal time, revenge for a defeat to the same opposition in the final last season. SMFA Shield football is once again secured for next season.

In the SMFA Shield this year, we have beaten Celtic and Valenciennes so far in our pursuit to retain the trophy, a 2-2 draw @ Napoli in the first leg of our 3rd round tie puts us in a decent position to progress to the Quarters - but the Italians are not to be underestimated.

There has been a little movement on the transfer front recently, with Marcel Schmelzer departing for Benfica in exchange for Oscar Cardozo and Marco Motta and Muniz Liedson leaving the club in a £17m deal to Schalke.

The £17m received for Liedson has been re-invested in Stuttgarts RL new signing William Kvist (5.1m) to provide competition as well as a clutch of players who should offer decent returns if they can push on with their real-life seasons by further establishing themselves from their current lowish ratings. Romulo (Fiorentina IRL), Abdennour (Toulouse), Costil (Rennes), Boerrigter (Ajax), Classie & Ramsteijn (both Feyenoord), Kaiser (Hoffenheim), Sukhotskiy (Dinamo Kiev) and Ortega (Leverkusen) all arrive for the Liedson cash.

So .... all is good in the hood.

The first team squad .....

WATFORD-2.jpg