Bruno Ecuele Manga

xpratx

PLEASE READ

i used the search tool but couldn't find a thread dedicated to him if there already exists please delete this .though he must have been mentioned in FRENCH LIGUE 1 and 2 thread. it is not my work just collected the info of the net

dbimage.aspx?type=1&id=mKKrVk08Mh2JLFoc3l3NDw||

Team:SCO Angersflags_france.gif

Shirt Number:4

Nationality:Gabonflags_gabon.gif

Position:Central defender/Right defender

Height:1.86 m / 6.1 ft.

Weight:76 kg / 167 lbs

Bruno Ecuele Manga is probably the biggest surprise in the French second division this season. Three years ago he was playing in his homeland for 105 Libreville before he was spotted by Bordeaux.

After playing just one game for the Ligue 1 giants last season, a 3-2 win over Panionis in the UEFA Cup, the central defender from Gabon was sent on loan to Rodez Aveyron until the end of the season. There he made 15 appearances and although he did not do enough to secure a permanent return to Bordeaux, he impressed former French international midfielder Alain Giresse who recommended him to SCO Angers who snapped him up on a free.

SCO Angers were only promoted to Ligue 2 at the end of the 2006/2007 season, they made further progress last season by finishing tenth and this season they have been exceptional and are challenging for a place in Ligue 1. On arriving at Angers, Bruno Ecuele Manga joined up with countryman Fabrice Do Marcolino who has also played a part in Angers’ success this season.

The 6.1ft defender, who is an intimidating presence in the centre of defence, immediately showed his qualities at his new club. Although he was at first signed as cover for central defenders Blaise Kouassi and Malik Couturier, he has replaced the former in the team thanks to a serious injury sustained by the 35-year-old Ivorian.

Ecuele Manga is vastly talented and his displays this season have suggested that he can play in Ligue 1 next season or in any other top league in Europe. He positions himself well; he is powerful in one-on-one situations and is good in the air. Regular viewers of SCO Angers games describe him as a “rock” in their defence.

Since he can be dominating in the air, Ecuele Manga is also a threat in attacking positions and his one goal this season, against Tours in October, which can be seen on the video above, illustrates that he is not afraid to join the attack at any opportunity.

Since he is just 20, Bruno Ecuele Manga still has a lot of room for improvement. Scouts in France claim that he is fairly shy and needs to speak more on the field whilst he can also lose self control on the pitch and can be too aggressive.

Nevertheless, he is a key reason why SCO Angers are currently fourth in Ligue 2, just a point off a promotion position. They boast one of the strongest defences in the league and the dominating presence of Bruno Ecuele Manga has been a key component of their fine season so far.

The performances of Bruno Ecuele Manga have not gone unnoticed by some of the biggest clubs in European football. Last month both Liverpool and Arsenal were linked with the Gabon international, who has made seven appearances and scored two goals for his national side.

On the transfer gossip the defender said: "It is fantastic to get noticed by huge clubs from the Premier League. It means I am doing well. What I need to do is to concentrate on improving my game and see what happens."

This week the latest club to have sent scouts to watch Bruno Ecuele Manga was Real Madrid who watched the central defender who can also play right back in the 2-2 draw with Lens.

With his contract expiring at the end of 2011/2012 Angers can expect to receive hefty compensation for one of the most promising defenders in Europe this summer whilst Bordeaux will simply be left to wonder at what might have been.

TRANSFER GOSSIPS

19th OCT 2009

Bruno Ecuele Manga, Angers' (Ligue 2) Gabon International is said to be followed very closely by Inter Milan.

Under contract until June 2012, the 21 year-old central defender appears to be in Jose Mourinho's plans, after watching the player last Friday night during Angers' confrontation against Istres.

Like several other European heavyweights, including Liverpool, and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), the Lombards seem under the charm of the Port-Gentil native and freshly called up Gabon International.

February 25, 2009

Gabonese starlet Bruno Ecuele Manga is reported to be attracting interest from England.

The 20-year-old defender is currently on the books of French second division side Angers, but has seen his reputation rise considerably in recent months.

A number of assured performances are believed to have caught the eye of Arsenal and Liverpool, while a host of other teams continue to track his progress.

The youngster may struggle to obtain a work permit in order to allow him to complete a move to the English Premier League, but for now Manga is just happy to be drawing admiring glances from some of Europe's most illustrious clubs.

"It is fantastic to get noticed by huge clubs from the Premier League. It means I am doing well," he told skysports.com.

"What I need to do is to concentrate on improving my game and see what happens.

"However, it would be a dream come true to play for a top team. Three years ago I was at FC105 of Libreville (in his homeland) and today I am linked with the best league in the world.

"It is unbelievable, but I am calm. Angers will have the last word anyway. They are the team that gave me my big chance, so they will play a big part in any decision."

container_i3.gif