Sign in to follow this  
CraigSAFC

Official Sunderland Thread

Re: Official Sunderland Thread

Wonders if Bendtner will make a difference or not.. Guess we can find out for free. Glad we didn't end up with Crouch.

I reckon Bendtner will get goals for Sunderland, Steve Bruce definitely rates him highly after having him on loan at Birmingham.

It really doesn't matter who scores at this point

As long as we do score! I expect Bendtner to grab the same amount as Gyan.

According to Denta or whoever, a close mate to Gyan on twitter, that Gyan has done his hamstring.

With Sky moving the Arsenal away game, me and friends are now a canny bit of money out of pocket, pathetic how they change games after the original list was brought out.

Gyan leaving is complete madness. Why not get rid of him in the transfer window instead of now when we can't replace him?

Possible explanations for his departure:

1. Gyan and/or Gyan's agent forced the deal through because he wants to fill his boots, rather than pursue his career in the best league in the world. I can't imagine we were underpaying him. He was happy to sign on the dotted line a year ago and has done nothing to deserve a wage rise since. Seriously, say I was Eto'o. I'm getting £100k a week from Inter to play in the Serie A, in my prime, then Anzhi come in offering me £300k a week to play in a very mediocre Ruski league. I would much rather stay at Inter and win things that mean something to me on £100k a week rather than getting triple that amount to play in Russia and win f all(even if you win the Russian league, it's not exactly something to be too proud of). Like £100k a week isn't enough to set you up for life. Football careers only last about 15 years, you want to be playing at as high a level as possible for as long as possible. Players should want success, not money. But sadly that's not always the case.

Anyway.

2. We're getting a nice pay packet from Ali Al-Habsi for the deal(this can coincide with reason 1). Judging by Brucie's comments yesterday about having a chat with Gyan to settle him, I'm starting to think that it wasn't Bruce's decision to get rid of him. It was either Gyan himself or dare I say Quinn/Short, who deemed the money was too good to turn down.

3. Perhaps the problem is Bruce himself. Jones, Bent and now Gyan all gone. Perhaps he's not cut out to man manage players who think they can do better than SAFC? Regardless of this, we should only sign players who genuinely have the club in their best interests before signing. In my opinion, Bruce has been given his chance and I have a feeling he could be gone by January unless we start picking up points(and goals). Regardless of whether Gyan leaving was his decision or not.

Apparently he's getting 250k dollars a week there so thats like 150k over here?

Its madness, but also apparently we have got 6 million for the season aswell. Why leave the best league in the world to join a team thats last attendence was 350?

Apparently he's getting 250k dollars a week there so thats like 150k over here?

Its madness' date=' but also apparently we have got 6 million for the season aswell. Why leave the best league in the world to join a team [b']thats last attendence was 350?

[/b]

Hahahaha, they'll need to charge them £400+ a ticket to cover Gyan's weeky wages then.

I'm guessing he'll score a lot of goals though :P

[/b]

Hahahaha' date=' they'll need to charge them £400+ a ticket to cover Gyan's weeky wages then.

I'm guessing he'll score a lot of goals though :P[/quote']

I'm more laughing at the people who got Gyan 3 on the back of their shirts

I'm more laughing at the people who got Gyan 3 on the back of their shirts

From my opinions on you, mainly from Swansea-Sunderland, Gyan did nothing in the game bar two moments where he went one-on-one which Vorm has no trouble saving. But he can be a frustrating player to have in your team, and i don't think he was as influencial in your side as say Sessegnon or Seb Larsson who gave him the chances. With Bendtner, Wickham and Ji Dong-Won your not lacking in quality, but probably in depth (not a major concern if you do stick with a 4-4-1-1).

That was preseason' date=' when I was expecting him to up his game. Now I take all that back, useless.[/quote']

a new change of mangerment might turn him around.

never been a big fan of bruce...i think he's got one foot out of the door anyway.

Massive game for us tomorrow. Can't see us beating a very strong Stoke side, but again I hope we can get the result we need. Our side is not one to be 19th, we are a top 10 side, but lack the motivation.

Going for Sunderland 0-0 Stoke.

The club seem to be much more harmonious since Gyan left. I always felt that Bendtner was not being properly used at arsenal, he is a target man and seems to relish in that role.

On another note, i'm still chuckling at Larsson wiff, almost cost us a goal.

Titual Bramble arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and possession of a class A drug...

The guy is as much of a muppet as his brother. When Tesfaye was at Southend and Titus at Ipswich they were regularly out and about in Cambridge, Ipswich etc and were BOTH drugged up to the eyeballs then.

Tesfaye is already a convicted rapist and the quicker these two absolute jokes of professional footballers are out of the public eye the better.

Titual Bramble arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and possession of a class A drug...

It's a shame because he is a good Player. His own fault that he prefers Drugs or what not, even if it is true. If it is, he shouldn't be allowed to put a Sunderland Shirt on, and in that matter another Football Clubs Shirt on.