Ignoring Transfer Bids - suggestion for improvement.

Ignoring Transfer Bids - suggestion for improvement.  

1. 1.

• Yes they should be penalised via the rating system.
    • No they should not be penalised for this.

Re: Ignoring Transfer Bids - suggestion for improvement.

what if the person has put someone on the transfer list

eg. i put salgado on the TL for 8milin my chelsea.

and i also made an offer of 35 million and salgado for lahm.

lyon makes a bid of 8 mil for salgado' date='

but i am waiting for a response from the bayern manager.

does this mean thati could get penalised?[/quote']

noone is going to get penalised.

the idea that might be in motion is to set a minimum amount that a manager has to bid before it gets through to the manger. meaning rubbish bids wont get through :) thats what i believe anyways

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ignoring Transfer Bids - suggestion for improvement. As I posted earlier, why should I be punished for the following???

Guest joe black

meaning rubbish bids wont get through thats what i believe anyways

thats what we are hoping for ,but as Adam says its still to be confirmed weather SM can/will run with it or not ;)

I think it is quite simple...

The changes we would like done are:-

1) Unavailable should mean just that. Any bids, regardless of amount, for a player marked unavailable are immediately rejected by the system.

2) Each player should have a minimum transfer value, set by the manager. Any bids below this figure are rejected like "Unavailable" above.

3) If a cash plus player(s) bid is made the value of the player(s) included with the bid will be added to the cash amount before calculating whether it is above or below the minimum transfer value.

No one gets penalised for not responding to bids (yet.......!!). Hopefully the improvements suggested above will stop any stupid bids clogging up message boxes, and will make it less likely that managers will ignore bids.... Well I can hope

Yah i understand where your coming from and i know you where not having a pop at me' date=' i was just having a laugh :) On reflection i can see how being bombarded by nutters can eat into your social time, and sometimes i forget people have to go to work and there time on SM is curtailed somewhat.Maybe ignoring the nutters is the only option open to you guys at the minute but hopefully that will change soon when SM implement the minium transfer bid for players then managers message boxes wont be over-flowing and there will be no excuse not to answer bids/loans quickly and we will all be one big happy family :)

I have transfer and loan offers that where made almost 3 weks ago unanswered, i have never dealt with these managers before, i have PM'ed them for an answer,no reply.They are not indisposed cos there tatics and formations change from game to game,are they control freaks or on a power trip? these ignorant people are the managers i am pointing the finger at,why will they not reply? I dont make stupid offers for players and i dont ask for Deco or Henry on loan.Fair enough if people want to ignore the nutters then ok,but dont paint everybody with the same brush

You regs on the forum have come up with some great ideas lately and i hope SM will take them on board, once we get this sorted i would like the next thing on the agenda to be the game engine AI, dont start me about that one[/quote']

Totaly agree with all that, I dont ignore all bids even if someone was to bid for my main players i reject it at 1st and send a PM most times letting him know hes either not for sale no matter what bid, or give him a price im looking for.

I just think the minimum amount thing I have been banging on about for months and have created a few threads asking for it would totaly sort out both ends and in no way affects the people who dont like it as they could just not use it.

As for the AI.. that is definatly in line for an upgrade, Stegore said its something SM are currently working on and it will be miles better soon

Guest joe black

Hopefully the improvements suggested above will stop any stupid bids clogging up message boxes, and will make it less likely that managers will ignore bids.... Well I can hope

works for me :)

Only time will tell mate ;)

Hopefully the improvements suggested above will stop any stupid bids clogging up message boxes' date=' and will make it less likely that managers will ignore bids.... Well I can hope[/b']

works for me :)

Only time will tell mate ;)

If we get the minimum threshold and managers still ignore bids then i wiil back whatever people decide should be punishment for these managers that still ignore,because if you dont want to put your players on your own set minimum then you should answer messages,stupid ones or not.

Because there will be no arguments you have the option in your own hands to stop them. :)

If we get the minimum threshold and managers still ignore bids then i wiil back whatever people decide should be punishment for these managers that still ignore' date='because if you dont want to put your players on your own set minimum then you should answer messages,stupid ones or not.

Because there will be no arguments you have the option in your own hands to stop them. :)[/quote']

Totally agree I'm surprised there isnt already in place the ablity to put in a minimum mount someone would accept for a transfer, think I first asked about this back in August last year and i'm sure other people asked before then.

If we get the minimum threshold and managers still ignore bids then i wiil back whatever people decide should be punishment for these managers that still ignore' date='because if you dont want to put your players on your own set minimum then you should answer messages,stupid ones or not.

Because there will be no arguments you have the option in your own hands to stop them. :)[/quote']Sorry, I disagree. :P:D

I think that whatever system is put in place managers should never be punished for not responding to messages.

I think it is their prerogative how often they answer messages and when they do this, for instance if somebody made a bid on one of my players but I wanted to wait until I bought some cover I would wait until I was ready before accepting the bid. Or, if I was on holiday and not checking messages, I don't see anything wrong with that.

With either, punishing managers who have not responded within a certain amount of time would be needlessly harsh and annoying. Just because a bid received (with the minimum bid threshold idea in place) was over the required amount and ignored does not automatically mean a manager is ignoring the bid with the intention of being a pain in the backside.

I think the minimum bid threshold would solve the problems this thread has mentioned to a large extent, but I think going a step further and punishing anyone would be a dangerous area for SM to get into as what constitutes a good reason for not responding is too debatable. :)

I also would never like to have unavailable meaning NO bids came through whatsoever. All players have their price I think.

I also would never like to have unavailable meaning NO bids came through whatsoever. All players have their price I think.

Maybe in real life but if every player had a price on SM then surely the manager would not use this option, if he did then odviously that player to him doesnt have a price :)

Dont mind that tho all i really want is the min amount one

I think that whatever system is put in place managers should never be punished for not responding to messages.

Although I sympathise with managers whose bids are ignored ( I've been a victim of at least 5 myself..)' date=' I agree with you. I would like to see bids expire after say 5 days, i.e. they are automatically rejected. If you then want to resurrect the deal, then PM the manager...

Simple really then - Don't put any of your players as unavailable!! Just set the minimum to "their price"...

Simple really then - Don't put any of your players as unavailable!! Just set the minimum to "their price"...
Yeah fair point' date=' if the minimum threshold were in place then I agree you are right and it wouldn't be an issue to make unavailable mean just that.
allthough i agree that there should be some sort of system to punish people who ignore bids there should be somthing to protect people who go on holliday for 2/3 weeks
That would be nice, but the problem is proving the situation. If I was punished for instance, I would just claim to be on holiday or something. Too tricky to implement IMO.

hope all this suggestions get looked into soon

i've had enough of offers like

$10mill for ribery

$15mil for c.ronaldo

$11mill for gattuso etc..

and all these type of offers come from managers that are 80+

so called SM professionals or SM experts but they dun seem to know anything abt the game at all

dun see the pt of wasting my time to reply to absurd offers

previously i'll just ignore all of them and then click 'reject all' to clear off all the bids

but the 'reject all' tab hasn't seem to be working since ages all

already posted a thread regarding this but nothing seems to have been done but that's actually another matter

though i can see some link for me between this 2 problems

• 1 month later...

Managers Not Replying To bids!

I know there have been a few threads about this previously but it still really p*sses me off wen managers do not reply to bids. I think something should be done about it to prevent the enjoyment of the game being spoiled by a few people that lack common courtesy. I suggest that if a bid for a player has been in place for 10 days with still no reply, the same action should be taken as when you buy a player from a club that is unavailable to manage. To purchase a player from one of these clubs you have to bid atleast 1.75 x their fee. So if a manager hasnt replied to a bid after 10 days, aslong as the fee matches this it should be accepted, however if the transfer is below this then it should be rejected, as this is what happens when you buy from an unavailable club.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions on how this problem could be dealt with?

what if you are away for 10 days' date=' or are fed up with constant bids for that player, hence why you ignored it?

have a read of the thread i have merged this with mate, and see what you think of the suggestions there.[/quote']

ive had a read, agree with a few and dissagree with a few. I dont think you can punish the casual players of the game because not every1 is like you and i. I dont know about you but im guessing you spend atleast an hour a day on here as i do. However i still think its common courtesy to reject a bid even if u think its an absurd bid because surely that makes the manager recieving the bid as guilty as the manager making the absurd bid. I dont even bother bidding for players from certain teams in the set up i play in because i know who will reply and who wont and having played the game for 4 seasons i no what can be considered as an acceptable bid, therefore i dont make stupid ones, so do i not deserve the right to get an answer? even if it is a rejection.

ive had a read' date=' agree with a few and dissagree with a few. I dont think you can punish the casual players of the game because not every1 is like you and i. I dont know about you but im guessing you spend atleast an hour a day on here as i do. However i still think its common courtesy to reject a bid even if u think its an absurd bid because surely that makes the manager recieving the bid as guilty as the manager making the absurd bid. I dont even bother bidding for players from certain teams in the set up i play in because i know who will reply and who wont and having played the game for 4 seasons i no what can be considered as an acceptable bid, therefore i dont make stupid ones, so do i not deserve the right to get an answer? even if it is a rejection.[/quote']

ok i will just use 1 of my setups as an example but the same thing happends in most of them.

Liverpool (Frasers setup) - I swapped Gerrard for Eto'o and 30million, 20 turns later i recieve a bid from inter milan £20mil and one of there old strikers (worth about 2 mil) cant remember his name, for Eto'o .. i reject the bid

Message the manager and tell him Eto'o is not for sale at any price.

he sends a reply "not even for £30millions?,, i say no not for any price at all not even £99million.

Next day there is another bid of £30mil + the old striker, once again i reject it. next day the bid is there again. so i Pmed him again and left the bid unanswered. Why should i have to keep dealing with idiots like this?

The offers are fair but i dont want them at all. I want to be able to auto rejct bids i dont want or be able to make my player unavailable or to be able to put idiots like this one on ignore.

Now im sure you are not like this idiot, but say you get a few of these idiots in the same setup (happens very often) and they are all sticking bids in for my player i dont wanna sell, then you bid but its odviusly in with the idiots bids so i dont see it and just think its those morons bidding again.

Because of Family and Work i dont have the time to mess around like this, those 5 mins it takes messing around with these morons adds up when u have a few teams.

Today is actually the 1st time in weeks i have been able to have the time to come on the forum and post a few replies.

The unavailable , min bid features are very easy to implement so i dont think its something SM want to add as i reckon it would already be here

ok i will just use 1 of my setups as an example but the same thing happends in most of them.

Liverpool (Frasers setup) - I swapped Gerrard for Eto'o and 30million' date=' 20 turns later i recieve a bid from inter milan £20mil and one of there old strikers (worth about 2 mil) cant remember his name, for Eto'o .. i reject the bid

Message the manager and tell him Eto'o is not for sale at any price.

he sends a reply "not even for £30millions?,, i say no not for any price at all not even £99million.

Next day there is another bid of £30mil + the old striker, once again i reject it. next day the bid is there again. so i Pmed him again and left the bid unanswered. Why should i have to keep dealing with idiots like this?

The offers are fair but i dont want them at all. I want to be able to auto rejct bids i dont want or be able to make my player unavailable or to be able to put idiots like this one on ignore.

Now im sure you are not like this idiot, but say you get a few of these idiots in the same setup (happens very often) and they are all sticking bids in for my player i dont wanna sell, then you bid but its odviusly in with the idiots bids so i dont see it and just think its those morons bidding again.

Because of Family and Work i dont have the time to mess around like this, those 5 mins it takes messing around with these morons adds up when u have a few teams.

Today is actually the 1st time in weeks i have been able to have the time to come on the forum and post a few replies.

The unavailable , min bid features are very easy to implement so i dont think its something SM want to add as i reckon it would already be here[/quote']

i can definately see the point, but i know managers in my set up who only have 1 or 2 teams and hav 1 bid for a player sitting in their message box for weeks on end. Of course there are a few idiots who make ridiculous audacious loan bids for star players etc, but there are also good experienced managers who make genuinely decent bids for players, no harrassment, no repeated bids, 1 bid, that is left unanswered for weeks? fair? no.

i can definately see the point' date=' but i know managers in my set up who only have 1 or 2 teams and hav 1 bid for a player sitting in their message box for weeks on end. Of course there are a few idiots who make ridiculous audacious loan bids for star players etc, but there are also good experienced managers who make genuinely decent bids for players, no harrassment, no repeated bids, 1 bid, that is left unanswered for weeks? fair? no.[/quote']

Yeah i know what you mean and i never ignore those bids (when online anyway) but it would be totaly impossible to detect for what reasons people are ignoring the bids.

So it would be impossible to punish the correct people because they wouldnt know who was ignoring the bids due to idiots, or some who just dont answer them because they cant be bothered.

But also remember some guys aint on here for the transfers they may wish to just come on do tactics and formations, bid for the odd player and sell and answer bids when there ready to.. although i dont agree with playing that way its up to them really, we cant tell people how to play.

The easiest way to sort it would be after 10 days or so the bid was auto rejected (not accepted) as some people are asking, thats just an easy way of getting players.

but if i bid for a player and X amount of days later they hadnt replied i would just take it hes not going to answer and move on.

Yeah i know what you mean and i never ignore those bids (when online anyway) but it would be totaly impossible to detect for what reasons people are ignoring the bids.

So it would be impossible to punish the correct people because they wouldnt know who was ignoring the bids due to idiots' date=' or some who just dont answer them because they cant be bothered.

But also remember some guys aint on here for the transfers they may wish to just come on do tactics and formations, bid for the odd player and sell and answer bids when there ready to.. although i dont agree with playing that way its up to them really, we cant tell people how to play.

The easiest way to sort it would be after 10 days or so the bid was auto rejected (not accepted) as some people are asking, thats just an easy way of getting players.

but if i bid for a player and X amount of days later they hadnt replied i would just take it hes not going to answer and move on.[/quote']

yeah i agree. I do that, after a few days i lose patience and withdraw the offer and go after another player. e.g i made a bid for ryan taylor of wigan last week, 3 million...an acceptable bid, wasnt answered after 5 days so i withdrew the bid and went after nyron nosworthy instead. To be honest i dont recieve many bids for players of mine, which surprises me becuase i have some real good players (aaron lennon, adebayor, barton, sidwell, sol campbell, bridge etc..) and a few emerging stars in my youth squad, many of which have been talked about on the forum. The last bid i recieved for a player was when leicester made a 7 million bid for joey barton which i rejected as soon as i got the message, i felt that was a pathetic bid and even though it was from leicester (who i cannot stand...i am a coventry city fan after all) i still took the time to reject it.

S/M have said they are looking at Auto rejection after a certain time,it would not be commonsense or fair to do it the other way ( bids accepted ) after all if this was put in place a cheat would only need to control two clubs and not answer bids from his self to get the players cheap.Yep that would really give them a boost.

No im afraid this is all S/M fault itself,if they put in a minimum threshold like most are asking we would never have this problem. :)

As for the poll its nothing to go by ,90% for Punishment can be the ones putting silly bids in first place and just want us to wet there appetite which i wont do.

Said before because of time commitments ,Work ,Family etc then its also their fault if sad enough to sit there for ages without moving on.

In all honesty though i set the players i want to keep to unavailable,but is it my fault you can still bid on them no,why have it if you cant stop the bids,But at the same time people must have realised someone must have set them to that,i wonder how many managers moaning about not being replied bid for these players and can never still understand the silence. :rolleyes: