Ignoring Transfer Bids - suggestion for improvement.

paddyp

Ignoring Transfer Bids - suggestion for improvement.  

1. 1.

• Yes they should be penalised via the rating system.
    • No they should not be penalised for this.

Re: Ignoring Transfer Bids - suggestion for improvement.

I voted for no because only cheaters should be penilised. People who don't reply to bids are not breaking any of SM rules so they should not be penilised....simple as that.

I can understand why it annoys people, but with the teams I have I always get bids for players and sometimes I don't reject right away because I can't be bothered rejecting the same bid over and over again.

But I usually do reject right away, doesn't even take 2 minutes out of my day and with the reject all button working again people really should reject bids instead of leaving them but I can see why they don't.

As I have said they are not breaking any SM rule by not rejecting the bid and managing their team the way that they want. So why should they be penilised for playing the game the way they want to?

Something I also do quite frequently is to wait until I am ready before accepting a bid.

I received a £25m bid for a 90 rated player in GC1 weeks ago, and did not react as I was chasing a replacement, who finally joined a few days ago. I then accepted the bid.

I figure the other could have withdraw the offer before i accepted if he needed someone promptly, or PM'd me about it, or cancelled it (as he did) when I finally accepted it.

I see no reason why I should have been punished for ignoring the bid, as I did nothing wrong.

I wouldn't want to get an email when receiving a bid, people who make a nuisance of themselves for your players would just be even more annoying.

People not accepting bids is highly frustrating. In one of my setups (WC506) I have had a bid for Drogba waiting for about 6 turns. It is a good offer (approx 25mil and 2 players i think) but if the manager does not want to sell just reject it, it only takes a second!! Does anyone know if there will be any changes by SM to prevent this from happening.

Also read the thread and agree with the player unavailable suggestion to prevent pathetic bids like £4 mil plus Cicinho bid I got for Correira Adriano recently!!

People not accepting bids is highly frustrating. In one of my setups (WC506) I have had a bid for Drogba waiting for about 6 turns. It is a good offer (approx 25mil and 2 players i think) but if the manager does not want to sell just reject it' date=' it only takes a second!! Does anyone know if there will be any changes by SM to prevent this from happening.[/quote']How many bids do you reckon that manager gets for Drogba in a week? Is he marked as available for transfer? He is probably fed up at receiving the bids. Drogba could sell for £60m easy in many setups.

It's a double edged sword really. So, I do agree that something needs doing, but it needs to be giving more power to the owner rather than the buyer.

People not accepting bids is highly frustrating. In one of my setups (WC506) I have had a bid for Drogba waiting for about 6 turns. It is a good offer (approx 25mil and 2 players i think) but if the manager does not want to sell just reject it' date=' it only takes a second!! Does anyone know if there will be any changes by SM to prevent this from happening.

Also read the thread and agree with the player unavailable suggestion to prevent pathetic bids like £4 mil plus Cicinho bid I got for Correira Adriano recently!![/quote']

if you read a few posts down #97 i think, it tells you SM's reply on this subject.

I dont think SM are keen or want to add the min release or player unavailable option, im sure sure why as 90% of people on here want it but i dont think they are going to go for it

I dont think SM are keen or want to add the min release or player unavailable option' date=' im sure sure why as 90% of people on here want it but i dont think they are going to go for it[/quote']

Agree Neller. Not sure why either . If the problem is with the minimum release amount, then just bring in the rule that unavailable means just that and any bids are automatically rejected.

Another possibility would be 'blackballing' bids from repeat offenders.

It seems to me that the issue stems from the fact that people do not respond because when they do, they get another bid straight away. Thus if there were three options: Accept, Reject and Blackball, then should the manager choose blackball, any more bids from that manager for that player would be auto-rejected. The Blackball option would only be available if the player is marked as Unavailable, thus when the time comes that the manager wants to sell the player, they can change his status to available, and remove all the blackballs.

This would then encourage managers to respond with more alacrity, because they know that there is always the option of ignoring the one idiot manager, whilst still dealing with others who are making sensible bids (i.e. reasonable amounts, and not pestering).

Iain

how about taking a leaf from other football games, where the bid stays at the top of the news list items until action is taken whether it be rejection or acceptance or even negotiation?

another thing...people that just leave them on purpose out of spite (theres definitly some out there!), in my opinion rating deductions wouldnt be severe enough, considerin that it doesnt really greatly affect your playing of the game. instead things such as temporary account freezing, public blacklisting, bans on signing or selling new players or even automatic acceptance of bids after a certain time span (suitable warnings would have to be given, in order to make sure they cant just deny ever seeing the bid). If any of these matters were introduced things would certainly change quickly.

It seems to me that the issue stems from the fact that people do not respond because when they do' date=' they get another bid straight away. Thus if there were three options: Accept, Reject and Blackball, then should the manager choose blackball, any more bids from that manager for that player would be auto-rejected. The Blackball option would only be available if the player is marked as Unavailable, thus when the time comes that the manager wants to sell the player, they can change his status to available, and remove all the blackballs.

This would then encourage managers to respond with more alacrity, because they know that there is always the option of ignoring the one idiot manager, whilst still dealing with others who are making sensible bids (i.e. reasonable amounts, and not pestering).

Iain[/quote']

Think thats an excellent idea and would definatly cure the problems of this thread, If i could do such a think i would have no problem answering every bid i get once the normal idiot offenders were out of the way

how about taking a leaf from other football games' date=' where the bid stays at the [b']top of the news list items[/b] until action is taken whether it be rejection or acceptance or even negotiation?

another thing...people that just leave them on purpose out of spite (theres definitly some out there!), in my opinion rating deductions wouldnt be severe enough, considerin that it doesnt really greatly affect your playing of the game. instead things such as temporary account freezing, public blacklisting, bans on signing or selling new players or even automatic acceptance of bids after a certain time span (suitable warnings would have to be given, in order to make sure they cant just deny ever seeing the bid). If any of these matters were introduced things would certainly change quickly.

I think its best to read most of the thread before posting, in your post you have not suggested a cure to any of the problems on this thread for both sides, just a punishment for ones that dont answer.

Well as stated loads of times in this thread there are 2 sides to this argument, and some very good points.

And you prove you are on the bidding side because you said the bid should get "auto accepted" well why should it the bid should get "auto rejected"

as i said its best to read most the thread to get a good idea what both peoples problems are

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

i disagree

i have a barcelona in world champs 13

i get several bids a day , so if i dont log in for a few days the bids add up

and im not going to sit there for half an hour and reject bids , while people offer 5 m plus a 87 player for gattuso

i think bids should be auto cancelled after 1 week

i disagree

i have a barcelona in world champs 13

i get several bids a day ' date=' so if i dont log in for a few days the bids add up

and im not going to sit there for half an hour and reject bids , while people offer 5 m plus a 87 player for gattuso

[b']i think bids should be auto cancelled after 1 week [/b]

Totaly agree Ryan, even if you wasted 10mins of your day rejecting them they would only put them back in again so whats the point

If SM start to punish managers for not answering bids (i dont think they will) without adding something into the game to give the selling clubs more power , after all they own the player. then i think SM would lose ALOT of players / customers inc me.

I should not be punished for transfer obsessed idiots who will not give in, I also dont have 30mins per day to waste dealing with these morons, But if i was given an option were i could control what bids i get like Iain's idea, or my min fee option im always raving on about or anything were i could stop unwated / spam bids. then if i dont answer bids punish me as much as you like as it would be all my fault.

It seems to me that the issue stems from the fact that people do not respond because when they do' date=' they get another bid straight away. Thus if there were three options: Accept, Reject and Blackball, then should the manager choose blackball, any more bids from that manager for that player would be auto-rejected. The Blackball option would only be available if the player is marked as Unavailable, thus when the time comes that the manager wants to sell the player, they can change his status to available, and remove all the blackballs.

Iain[/quote']I like this idea, but think the problem is that it will potentially stop legitimate and potentially tempting bids from coming through, and after a few seasons you could find you never get any bids as have at some point 'blackballed' half your setup. It is also not realistic...if Ferguson gets a laughable bid from Wenger he doesn't rig his phone not to ring when the Gunners boss dials his number.

I still think a minimum bid threshold is the cure to all problems....more realistic that people can set an expectation, and only be presented with offers that match this, like in real life where a manager states an asking price and is not troubled with insulting ones.

I will email SM the link to this thread in case they have missed it, the amount of people who have posted and length of time should surely catch their notice...

Just a quick question.... What should I do in this situation?? 1 of my pet hates is people that ignore transfer bids. I am running my own setup which is 4 turns old. In turn 1 I bid for Quaresma, in turn 2 Sevilla bid for Quaresma. These are the only 2 bids there has been for him!! Tonight after the game the Porto manager logs on and rejects the Sevilla bid but ignores mine. I have PM'd him asking him why he is ignoring the bid and he has ignored that too!! I want to run a fair and good setup to attract good managers to my setup but he is really, really annoying me now. Should I boot him out??

All opinions welcome.

Just a quick question.... What should I do in this situation?? 1 of my pet hates is people that ignore transfer bids. I am running my own setup which is 4 turns old. In turn 1 I bid for Quaresma' date=' in turn 2 Sevilla bid for Quaresma. These are the only 2 bids there has been for him!! Tonight after the game the Porto manager logs on and rejects the Sevilla bid but ignores mine. I have PM'd him asking him why he is ignoring the bid and he has ignored that too!! I want to run a fair and good setup to attract good managers to my setup but he is really, really annoying me now. Should I boot him out??

All opinions welcome.[/quote']

yes...i wud, it annoys me too!

Just a quick question.... What should I do in this situation?? 1 of my pet hates is people that ignore transfer bids. I am running my own setup which is 4 turns old. In turn 1 I bid for Quaresma' date=' in turn 2 Sevilla bid for Quaresma. These are the only 2 bids there has been for him!! Tonight after the game the Porto manager logs on and rejects the Sevilla bid but ignores mine. I have PM'd him asking him why he is ignoring the bid and he has ignored that too!! I want to run a fair and good setup to attract good managers to my setup but he is really, really annoying me now. Should I boot him out??

All opinions welcome.[/quote']

No....simple as that.

Have a read at this thread mate:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=10200

People (including myself) are trying to come up with ideas to stop people from being kicked out of custom set-ups needlessly. Which if you do kick him/her out then IMO you would be part of the group of people that has been mentioned in the thread that I provided the link for.

So he/she hasn't accepted or rejected your bid....what's the bid deal? Bid for a player of another team if you want to buy someone so badly. Have a read of this thread and you will see some reasons that people have given why people have ignored bids.

Yes I have read that thread Bryan and I understand and appreciate the reasons given in it. But this situation is different, the reasons given in the thread you gave the link for are that they do not have time or they are receiving loads of bids for the player and can't be bothered to keep rejecting them! In this case tho, he has just rejected a bid there tonight...does it take more time to press reject all??? Also as I said below these are the only 2 bids received for the player as the setup is so new. I am not fussed if the bid is rejected, it just frustrates the life out of me when bids are left sat there deliberately. I know it is his right to do so but a little bit of common decency goes along way. In other words what comes around goes around and when he has an injury crisis and is desperate for players I won't be selling! This is meant to be a friendly game between genuine football fans, Is it really that hard to reply to a transfer bid??

Yes I have read that thread Bryan and I understand and appreciate the reasons given in it. But this situation is different' date=' the reasons given in the thread you gave the link for are that they do not have time or they are receiving loads of bids for the player and can't be bothered to keep rejecting them! In this case tho, he has just rejected a bid there tonight...does it take more time to press reject all??? Also as I said below these are the only 2 bids received for the player as the setup is so new. I am not fussed if the bid is rejected, it just frustrates the life out of me when bids are left sat there deliberately. I know it is his right to do so but a little bit of common decency goes along way. In other words what comes around goes around and when he has an injury crisis and is desperate for players I won't be selling! This is meant to be a friendly game between genuine football fans, Is it really that hard to reply to a transfer bid??[/quote']

To be fair i am on the side for personal reasons of no punishment against managers not replying unless certain things that have been suggested are put in place,but to be honest i think owners of their own set up if they let people know in there setups its a golden rule that they have to answer and are told the consequencies i suppose then it is there fault if they dont,after all you are allowed to make the rules.

So in all fairness i would message your set up managers and give them forwarning ,telling them if they dont agree then by all means without any offence taken they can quit their clubs and join another set up because you will enforce your ruling.

Also this would be a double bluff on your half because i dont know how you would know there not replying to others ,you cant just take peoples say so on it,but at least they will have to reply to yours.:D

i just had a bid for david villa from liverpool

$9million + cisse & del piero

nobody will ever accept this offer...

i left the bid for a few weeks as it isn't worth me taking 5 seconds to rejected

happened to be quite free yesterday so rejected it.

today i came on and a new bid came in..

$9million + del piero & cisse

omg.. does the manager think that by placing del piero's name 1st, i'll change my mind and sell him villa?

its these type of stupid bids and dumb managers that make me discouraged from responding to bids, even though some are reasonable offers but i have no intention to sell the player

I have thought of another way to resolve the issue, don't know if it will work but I thought I would post it anyway:

If people don't respond to a bid(s) then where it says you have logged in for the day doesn't change. For example if you haven't logged in for 3 days but you log in and don't respond to your bids then your last log in date would stay at 3 days.

This will give managers 30 days to respond to bids or they will loose their clubs, might seem a bit harsh but if they know the rule then it would just be like what would happen if they didn't actually log in.

There is no punishment to anyone, no advantages to anyone, all this will do will make people respond to bids. :)

Any thoughts?

Not keen mate, sometimes I do not respond to bids for a long time because I am waiting for something else to happen (ie selling someone to raise cash, or trying to find a replacement for the person I have received a bid for) and I don't see why I should be punished. If the manager making the bid wants something done in a time-scale, the impetus should be on them to say so, or they should just withdraw the proposal.

I-at first was all for managers being punished for not responding...now after reading ALL reply's im not so sure.

Maybe these 'stupid/ridiculous'(as alot of you have said)offers, are from managers who are not so well informed on players as we all know that the REAL value of a player does not reflect what is listed(eg ronadinho-£12.3mil, as if. not that id bid like £15mil for him, but other players in the game that im not aware of-values are not realistic so you cant expect a newbie/some1 that isnt well up on the game to know a players REAL value)

As what 'ILOVEBEER' states on David villa..unless i checked the ratings on the other player AND asked my bf...id have no clue at all!!

..so if an inexperienced manager(like myself) makes a ridiculous bid..y not reply and explain?Im not well up on how much i should try and bid on specific players so why is that stupid?

Another side to it, is that its my set up..i have paid to for a set up, I should be allowed run it as i want...if i want bids answered in a reasonable amount of time theres nothing wrong of asking this of your managers as its MY set up.

Long winded i know-and no suggestions in there but you have to get the views of every1!!

Not keen mate' date=' sometimes I do not respond to bids for a long time because I am waiting for something else to happen (ie selling someone to raise cash, or trying to find a replacement for the person I have received a bid for) and I don't see why I should be punished. If the manager making the bid wants something done in a time-scale, the impetus should be on them to say so, or they should just withdraw the proposal.[/quote']

Yeah fair enough waiting to find a replacement or waiting for someone to raise funds but does that really take you longer than 30 days? If it does then don't expect me to bid on any of your players :D:P

You could always PM the other manager to cancel the bid and make it when you have found a replacement.

I don't see how managers would be punished, like I said, PM them and tell them you will get in touch with them when you are ready to sell and just reject any bids that come in the mean time.

There would be a time-limit of 30 days, which IMO, is enough for anyone to make up their mind about whether they are going to sell or not. IMO there is no advantage to either manager.