Idea  

1. 1.

• Yes it's Excellent it should come in the Game
    • Yes it is but it could do with some Improving
    • No it shouldnt come in the Game ime happy with normal Rating
    • Deffenatly Shoudnt

This Idea as been suggested but ime bringing it up again...

Player Attributes

A player should have some Attributes on a Tab on there Profile for E.G

Wayne Rooney

Shooting-92

Volleys-86

Heading-83

Shot Power-96

Steven Gerrard

Shooting-90

Volleys-88

Heading-83

Shot Power-97

Sliding Tackle-84

Standing Tackle-86

Theese are the Attributes...

Crossing

Finishing Accuracy

Heading Accuracy

Volleys

Shot Power

Short Passing

Dribbling

Free Kick Accuracy

Ball Control

Curve

Long Passing

Jumping

Stamina

Long Shots

Sprint Speed

Acceleration

Agility

Reactions

Balance

Agression

Tactical Awareness

Positioning

Vision

Penaltie Accuracy

Constistency

GK Diving

GK Handling

GK Kicking

GK 1-on-1

GK positioning

GK Reflexes

GK Thinking(How fast he thinks to do something and how brainy he is)

Marking

Standing Tackle

Slide Tackle

Trait's

Special Feautures

Long Range Free Kick Scorer

Corner Specilist

Power Header

Long Range Accurate Shot Scorer

Crowd Favourite

Long Throw

Giant Throw

Skilled Dribbling

Playmaker

Goal Scorer

Clean Sheet Keeper

Crowd Favourite

Acrobatic Clearance

Acrobatic Shot

Other

Note-If come on Game theese will be marked with Stars Maxinum Stars 5 wich is he can totaly do that and Mininum stars 0 wich means he cant do that and 1,2,3,4 u should no what they mean)

Weak Foot

Skill Moves(how good he is at Skill E.G Master of 360 or Step Overs)

Re: Idea

Personally, I am not a huge fan of adding attributes etc as it seems like a never-ending and colossal task. I am also not sure if the match engine is intelligent enough to accept it.

If someone has bothered to write something in detail, whether the idea is good or bad, is it not just courteous to at least say why you dislike the idea rather than post something that just completely knocks them down?

Guest Park Ji Sung

Personally' date=' I am not a huge fan of adding attributes etc as it seems like a never-ending and colossal task. I am also not sure if the match engine is intelligent enough to accept it.

If someone has bothered to write something in detail, whether the idea is good or bad, is it not just courteous to at least say why you dislike the idea rather than post something that just completely knocks them down?[/quote']

cos it takes long enough to update stats without this rubbish as well.

What the hell? Some people are just losers, i think there is an easier way to say you don't like the idea that totally dissing it and saying it's a waste of time, just because you don't like it does not mean you have any right to add a rude comment towards someone's idea.

My own view. Personally i feel adding this to the game would bring a whole ''Football manager'' feel to SM, and also it would confuse some people, maybe like the ones who posted rude replies to this thread might not be smart enough to understand this idea:o

But i know where your coming from, it would enable everyone to see how a player is but it would just get too complicated.

Nice idea though.

Ok, it would appear that a Super has had to tidy this thread already, and still people continue to post off topic spam on the thread. Get in line now guys and discuss this suggestion sensibly please before infractions are issued. I would also encourage you to familiarise yourselves with the forum rules, and bear in mind that if any of you are deemed to be here on the forum with the express interest of causing trouble, you can be removed from the forums.

The Rules

Guest Football8

And how exactly are SM going to manage all this ? The match engines already corrupted and this will demolish the whole game. Also how will they do this all for every single player on the database ? Especially ones which are just added. This is basically PES/FIFA player stats and obviously SM is nowhere near good or technical as them.

I think one of the things that make SM good is its simplicity and that it's unique. If you added all these attributes it makes the game rather complicated, because you have to be much more careful as to who you sign.It will also mean much more work for SM because it is highly likely people will want ratings for these attributes which will ultimately mean a far less accurate system then the one currently in place.

What difference would this make ?

Yeah, that's definitely the key point for me. Unless the match engine directly uses these attribute numbers...levels...whatever to determine performance it seems like a time consuming yet pointless exercise.

Then again, SM must have some sort of player attribute system in place already but it's hidden. So I guess the change would be simply making the attributes the match engine uses public for members to see.

Really not sure whether I like the idea or not. :confused:

I think the match engine might be slightly less complicated than some people think it is - hence why the forthcoming "2D Pitch" function is taking so long to be introduced (introducing it would mean for the first time there is actually a match to see where before there wasn't, just a random match report)

Bear in mind that the SM server probably calculates close to a million results on a matchday evening, the reason it sometimes takes about 2 or 3 hours to do them all is that it has to do the result calculation so many times, including unmanaged teams playing each other, the actual working out of any result probably only takes a couple of seconds!

Interesting' date=' why do you think that?[/quote']

I'm guessing there must be something the match engine uses to base individual player performance on?

I have no idea what the exact system is but there's definitely certain players who'll score at will, rack up the assists, defend well etc across all GWs regardless of that players personal rating. Would be surprised it that was random coincidence but again, I have no idea really.

We've all seen those odd little co-incidences though, the game where your 89 average rated team features one 72 rated youth midfielder and he scores the goal in a 1-0 win, the game where you play "Very Defensive" all game and win 3-0 with your CB scoring a hat-trick...

I'll use my Roma as an example, they have an average rating of 92 (on a very good day) but their star player is their 4th choice (out of 5) striker Santiago Tanque Silva who possesses these stats :

Played 12

Goals Scored 19

Assists 8

Man Of The Match 10

As you can see, every time he plays he seems to do very well (he's top scorer in the Champions Cup) and he gets Man Of The Match regularly too, in a team that also has Toulalan, De Rossi and Ribery all playing. As he's 28 and only rated 87 I can't imagine he's got some hidden stats that make him particularly amazing, and I doubt there's a bidding war for him across many setups!

You can understand players like Messi or Ronaldo doing well in most setups because they are among the highest rated at what they do and will be better than the average rating of any team they play for, and the star player in most teams - but is there really anything that separates one 87 rated player from another (there must be hundreds of 87 rated players on the database)

Most buying decisions are governed by age / potential short-term or long-term rise, but I'd be very surprised if the match engine as is favours an 18 year old 87 rated player over a 33 year old one in the course of a game (apart from maybe fitness after the game has ended)

An interesting point indeed!

We've all seen those odd little co-incidences though' date=' the game where your 89 average rated team features one 72 rated youth midfielder and he scores the goal in a 1-0 win, the game where you play "Very Defensive" all game and win 3-0 with your CB scoring a hat-trick...

I'll use my Roma as an example, they have an average rating of 92 (on a very good day) but their star player is their 4th choice (out of 5) striker Santiago Tanque Silva who possesses these stats :

Played 12

Goals Scored 19

Assists 8

Man Of The Match 10

As you can see, every time he plays he seems to do very well (he's top scorer in the Champions Cup) and he gets Man Of The Match regularly too, in a team that also has Toulalan, De Rossi and Ribery all playing. As he's 28 and only rated 87 I can't imagine he's got some hidden stats that make him particularly amazing, and I doubt there's a bidding war for him across many setups!

You can understand players like Messi or Ronaldo doing well in most setups because they are among the highest rated at what they do and will be better than the average rating of any team they play for, and the star player in most teams - but is there really anything that separates one 87 rated player from another (there must be hundreds of 87 rated players on the database)

Most buying decisions are governed by age / potential short-term or long-term rise, but I'd be very surprised if the match engine as is favours an 18 year old 87 rated player over a 33 year old one in the course of a game (apart from maybe fitness after the game has ended)

An interesting point indeed![/quote']

That's a good point. I had a lot of injuries with my Club Brugge so I changed from a 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1 one game last season and stuck Wayne Brown in AM. That was his first game and he was a 78, lower than any of my other players. We actually drew 2-2 and he scored one goal and set up the other in that match.

In all honesty though adding player attributes will mean the game leans closer to a PES style rating system. It's OK to have it on PES because the ratings are affected by the person playing but here this isn't the case so you have to be so careful with who you buy.

• 3 weeks later...

Tweak on this idea

I quite like the simpleness of the current rating system. It makes it a little easier and enjoyable for people who dont have as much time to play the game or take the game as seriously as others. Also it would cause a lot more arguments in this forum over player ratings. I suppose you could give each player a rating for the two different position they may play.

for example

higuain fwd/wing

would be imo

fwd 92

wing 88

as he isnt as good as one of the worlds bets when played on the wing but will do a decent job.

This could be a decent improvment imo.

Would be cool, but adding it in english teams would take 100 yrs, imagine the rest of the world :P and think about it, its not that easy to know how good some kasakhstani guy is on volleys :P

Then again' date=' SM must have some sort of player attribute system in place already but it's hidden. [/quote']

No, its player form. In a game world, kevin phillips was real madrids biggest star, scored a goal for every game. And that real team had players like aguero messi etc to choose from.

This usually wears off: For eksample, my Steven fletcher in my newcastle club had 9-10-10-9-10-9 then suddenly he got 6's, 7's and at best 8's