Macheda or N'GOG

Messi-Torres

Re: Macheda or N'GOG

Will Macheda Rise as He only has scored 2 goals and as for N'gog he has scored 4

who do you think is better and is a future rise ?#

my opinion: if macheda rises then N'GOG Has to Following His Performances!

And that finish against man utd

That Was beutifull

For now N'Gog is the best bet but in the future Macheda will be the better player.

n'gog will get more games since liverpool lack any depth if torres and kuyt are unavailable or need to be subbed. short term will rise.

macheda has much much more potential but will get less games since united have more depth. you would need rooney and berbatov to be out and play owen to probably see macheda on the bench.

both teams like to play their youths in the carling cup though and perhaps less but in the fa cup.

n'gog will get more games since liverpool lack any depth if torres and kuyt are unavailable or need to be subbed. short term will rise.

macheda has much much more potential but will get less games since united have more depth. you would need rooney and berbatov to be out and play owen to probably see macheda on the bench.

both teams like to play their youths in the carling cup though and perhaps less but in the fa cup.

Welbeck is man uniteds 4th striker so they will need alot of injuries for macheda to see any game time

I'm not saying this just cause I'm a United fan, but I think over the long-term Macheda will emerge as the better man. N'gog will be needed more at Anfield as the extra man in case their main forwards are out. Macheda has the chance of being loaned out (probably to Royal Antwerp) to get first-team football.

I'm not saying this just cause I'm a United fan' date=' but I think over the long-term Macheda will emerge as the better man. N'gog will be needed more at Anfield as the extra man in case their main forwards are out. Macheda has the chance of being loaned out (probably to Royal Antwerp) to get first-team football.[/quote']

you are and everybody knows!

I'm not saying this just cause I'm a United fan' date=' but I think over the long-term Macheda will emerge as the better man. N'gog will be needed more at Anfield as the extra man in case their main forwards are out. Macheda has the chance of being loaned out (probably to Royal Antwerp) to get first-team football.[/quote']

I think from what iv seen, which is very little in Macheda case as he doesnt get to much game time, Macheda long term will be a much much better player.

I think he will develop at a excellent rate whilst at Utd, or a club they are linked with on loan. He looks like he has more raw talent than N'gog who looks pretty useless to me.

BTW: i also think Macheda is over rated by many, in temrs of his current ability and potential, but i think he has the edge over N'gog. And im a villa fan before anyone pipes up about me being some london based manc supporting nutter ;)

I'm sure Macheda was used as a midfielder and N'Gog is an out and out striker. I can't really comment on Macheda but N'gog is part of a great French U21 team and schooled the English CB's in their famous friendly match and screwed with the Arsenal backline when PSG played them in the first Emirates Cup. I don't think Liverpool are the right team for him, though.

Macheda looks confident and solid but I haven't seen him do anything but score two goals.

UPDT: Hmm, apparently he's always been a striker.

I'm sure Macheda was used as a midfielder and N'Gog is an out and out striker. I can't really comment on Macheda but N'gog is part of a great French U21 team and schooled the English CB's in their famous friendly match and screwed with the Arsenal backline when PSG played them in the first Emirates Cup. I don't think Liverpool are the right team for him' date=' though.

Macheda looks confident and solid but I haven't seen him do anything but score two great goals.[/quote']

you obviously have never seen macheda play

you obviously have never seen macheda play

I know. That's what I said. I don't watch too many Man Utd reserve games and there isn't a lot of room to kick a ball about on the sidelines. Not sure why the cameramen would show that, either.

I stated how much I knew of Macheda but gave an account of N'Gog in the hope it would be helpful to the OP. Apparently Alex Ferguson thought so highly of him that he didn't overbuy in the off-season because Macheda would be so good. I kept a statistical watch on him whilst scouting Rafael before he played against Aston Villa but got him mixed up with David Petrucci. He played well for reserves. As for the small amount I have seen of him, I don't think his physical similarities to Ronaldo helps him because - other than score that beautiful goal - he doesn't look all that skillful or quick. BUT - he's only young and looks great for his age. Seems like he has the head of a more mature player.

N'gog gets a lot of stick from Liverpool fans and other supporters, but the kids a goalscorer. He's had 46 minutes in the Premier League this season and scored 2 goals. 1 game in the league cup, 1 goal. 3 games in the reserves league and 2 goals (one of those goals against Man Utd reserves, the other Man City). If you also include him CL game that's 9 games and 5 goals. Who can argue with that? Yet he still seems to get a lot of criticism for the odd poor touch, or miss hit pass. Maybe it's because people are unfairly expecting him to be Torres? N'gog is also a very important part of the french under 21 national team where he scores goals regularly.

Macheda, on the other hand, is extremely overrated. He scored 2 goals in 4 matches last season and all of a sudden he's god to Man Utd fans. His stats this season show otherwise. He's only managed 1 goal for the reserves in 3 games. He also hasn't managed to score any goals in his league cup appearence or any of his 3 under 21 games. So that's a total of 1 goals and no assists in 7 games. He has got potential and Lazio should be given credit for this, but as for his ability now, he's overrated.

Anyway, I'll let you make your own mind up. 5 goals in 9 games? or 1 goal in 7 games?

N'gog who looks pretty useless to me.

N'gog has scored as many goals this season in all competitions as Heskey has scored in his last 45 games Premier League games' date=' [b']fact[/b].

He's scored more in the Premier League (from 4 sub appearances - 46 minutes) than John Carew has got from playing 17 games this season (1279 minutes), fact.

For every goal Agbonlahor scores in the premier League, N'gog will score 7! (based on goals per minute this season), fact.

Maybe he's not "useless" after all!

N'gog has scored as many goals this season in all competitions as Heskey has scored in his last 45 games Premier League games' date=' [b']fact[/b].

He's scored more in the Premier League (from 4 sub appearances - 46 minutes) than John Carew has got from playing 17 games this season (1279 minutes), fact.

For every goal Agbonlahor scores in the premier League, N'gog will score 7! (based on goals per minute this season), fact.

Heskey = Donkey

No point in trying to better me on a point and use Heskey who i think is the biggest waste of space ever, but seen as you have, ( and although this goes against everything in me ) ill point out a few things.

If your trying to say Ngog is a better player than Heskey ( i think both suck ) why is it that Heskey starts for one of the top 10 nations in the world ? keeping out such players as Gabby, Defoe, Bent, Crouch, Owen etc ?

If you say its because of the tactical issues, well then ill say you cant compare heskey and Ngog as they are completely different players which they are.

Also im pretty sure 85% of the forum would prefer Carew in there team than Ngog, Carew is by no means playing at his best this season, and i think its unfair to compare as they are different players.

Not to mention Carew and Heskey arent good enough for a CL team such as Liverpool, and nor is Ngog i just dont see the point in comparing . . . AT ALL.

And that Gabby fact is ridiculous, because a) he wont start that many games B) if it was that simple he would be one of the bets strikers in the prem,

stats are the easiest thing in the world to manipulate. My opinion on Ngog hasnt changed because you pointed out the fact Villa strikers have weaknesses :rolleyes:

Reserve football is laughable btw . . .

• 2 weeks later...

N'Gog was brilliant today against Birmingham. Even though he did dive:rolleyes:

He looked very good on the ball and he also scored a great goal.

He looks a lot more able to handle big games than Macheda does, ever since Macheda's game against Sunderland last year he has been fairly ineffectual.

I'd go with N'Gog

N'gog gets a lot of stick from Liverpool fans and other supporters' date=' but the kids a goalscorer. He's had 46 minutes in the Premier League this season and scored 2 goals. 1 game in the league cup, 1 goal. 3 games in the reserves league and 2 goals (one of those goals against Man Utd reserves, the other Man City). If you also include him CL game that's [b']9 games and 5 goals[/b]. Who can argue with that? Yet he still seems to get a lot of criticism for the odd poor touch, or miss hit pass. Maybe it's because people are unfairly expecting him to be Torres? N'gog is also a very important part of the french under 21 national team where he scores goals regularly.

Macheda, on the other hand, is extremely overrated. He scored 2 goals in 4 matches last season and all of a sudden he's god to Man Utd fans. His stats this season show otherwise. He's only managed 1 goal for the reserves in 3 games. He also hasn't managed to score any goals in his league cup appearence or any of his 3 under 21 games. So that's a total of 1 goals and no assists in 7 games. He has got potential and Lazio should be given credit for this, but as for his ability now, he's overrated.

Anyway, I'll let you make your own mind up. 5 goals in 9 games? or 1 goal in 7 games?

N'gog has scored as many goals this season in all competitions as Heskey has scored in his last 45 games Premier League games, fact.

Not too sure where you got your stats but at the time you wrote this Macheda had scored 3 in 4 games for the reserves. It is also hard to compare the 2 as Macheda is almost 2 and a half years younger than Ngog and Ngog is getting more games due to Liverpools striking options being a lot weaker than Uniteds