A bit of fun - who are the best managers?

Just for a little bit of fun and to get some members competitive juices going :D. Now we have the trophy cabinet and our complete account records (and also the shame of our club hopping exploits :o), we have the ability to compare how good a manager we really are. Admittedly I would add, this is not a direct measure of greatness as all kinds of other factors are involved such as number of trophies, competitiveness of gameworlds you're involved in etc. this is more just for fun and to show off your exploits which you might not be able to do otherwise.

I want people to share there exploits in terms of average points. In particular 4 things:

Account : average points

Best GC team : average points

Best standard team: average points

Best custom: average points

I would suggest in the case of teams, you should have been managing the side for at least 20 games

As I've said it's just for fun and more because of curiousity to see who perhaps are good big team managers, who do better with small teams etc.

I'll start of on the next post so people see what I mean in case I've lost everyone :)

Re: A bit of fun - who are the best managers?

Ok, so this is what I mean:

Account: Mr. Smartdoc : 2.24

Best GC ave: Liverpool (GC7) : 2.26

Best Standard ave: Rochdale (EC2887) : 2.92

Best Custom ave: Barcelona (The A-Z Almanac): 2.52

Number indicates average points gained by that team/account

I have another account which has slightly better stats I think which I'll post later if this idea kicks off :P

EDIT: PS don't be shy, as I've said it's just for fun and I'm happy to admit I'm mediocre at best :)

Nice idea :)

I shamefully have a lot of clubs but most of them are from my earlier club hopping days. Seen as I'm only in GC's I'll give my best 3 gc averages, and only for clubs I'm still with.

Account: Sir Jack Harvey: 2.16

Best GC's

Zenit - GC 26 - Played 61 - Average 2.85

Inter Milan - GC 52 - Played 46 - Average 2.59

Grimsby Town - GC 4 - Played 68, Average 2.24

Sign of a good manager is consistency :) That being said i do hate how SM take into consideration on total points, and average points per game overall all the teams you managed for 5 or less game, cus iv taken over , not be fussed with them then decided to quit back in the day and it reduces my overall awesomeness :D I dont think honours dictate whether a manager is succesful either, i think if you really wanna discuss how good someone is at managing a team on this game you have to take into consideration, average points, the team they started with, the transfers they have done, depending on the team they started with how succesful they have been (eg yeovil town to the EPL is better than a honour IMO, infact id take that iver 5 winning honours) and Honours won, cus obviously its important :), and finally the amount of gold teams per honours won! thats the only accurate way of considering who a good manager is.

(GM accounts only)

BTW These are my teams that have the highest av points, just happen to have alot of games with them to, and coinsidentally happen to be , GC team wise my top scoring points teams

Anyways.

Best standard

Account 1 : Arsenal EC 122 Played 361, points 882, 2.44

Account 2 : Queens Park Rangers EC 840, played 74, points, 194 2.62

Gold Championship:

Account 1:Bayern München Gold Championship 8, played 293, points 760, 2.59

Account 2: Feyenoord Gold Championship 4 , played 341 , points, 897, 2.63

Dont really do customs so not gonna bother putting them down. Overall with the teams iv stuck with over 20 games my stats are pretty strong :)

You are missing something. I do believe that my exploits with Notts are very rare, which is 2 (probably 3) successive promotions from the beginning of a GC, and getting an 87 average for a division 5 team without any loanees.

Any way we can measure that? Sure, it's easy to win trophies with Man U's, Porto's and Barcelonas...

You are missing something. I do believe that my exploits with Notts are very rare' date=' which is 2 (probably 3) successive promotions from the beginning of a GC, and getting an 87 average for a division 5 team without any loanees.

Any way we can measure that? Sure, it's easy to win trophies with Man U's, Porto's and Barcelonas...[/quote']

Agree with both you and Adam, Mark :). Many more factors in deciphering who are the real top managers. As I said, it's just for a bit of fun here.

PS: By the way nice going with your Notts C. I've been following your side a little bit on and off (when I've had the time) and it's quite remarkable what you've managed to do :eek:. I've got a similar project going with Hereford in GC24 where I've secured 3 successive promotions (last game of the season officially confirms it). But my side is nowhere near as impressive as yours :o. I really think you should be thinking about submitting your story with that Notts County as a success story, to give all small club manager's renewed heart that small clubs can still thrive despite the new financial constraints :)

Agree with both you and Adam' date=' Mark :). Many more factors in deciphering who are the real top managers. As I said, it's just for a bit of fun here.

PS: By the way nice going with your Notts C. I've been following your side a little bit on and off (when I've had the time) and it's quite remarkable what you've managed to do :eek:. I've got a similar project going with Hereford in GC24 where I've secured 3 successive promotions (last game of the season officially confirms it). But my side is nowhere near as impressive as yours :o. I really think you should be thinking about submitting your story with that Notts County as a success story, to give all small club manager's renewed heart that small clubs can still thrive despite the new financial constraints :)[/quote']

Thanks, that's really nice to hear.

How would I go about submitting it as a success story? I'll probably wait for my 3rd promotion before doing it (Currently second, so it's looking good)

Thanks' date=' that's really nice to hear.

How would I go about submitting it as a success story? I'll probably wait for my 3rd promotion before doing it (Currently second, so it's looking good)[/quote']

Support ticket - It will then come up on the SM blog if approved. As I said, it would be good to have one from someone like you to encourage others that with a little application, so much is still possible :)

Total Games 2594

Total Points 5787

Average Points 2.23

Total Jobs 52 (current teams 30)

Best GC clubs...

Racing Club GC 34 : 104 games : 2.93 points

Chicago Fire GC 44 : 118 games : 2.77 points

IFK Goteborg GC 7 : 121 games : 2.65 points

FC Kobenhavn GC 4 : 90 games : 2.63 points

Roma GC 46 : 103 games : 2.51 points

Best (only) standard...

Barcelona SC 258 : 116 games : 2.44 points

Best Custom...

Brisbane Roar (Hagel's Oceania Challenge) : 39 games : 2.31 points

Had my club-hopping days when I first started, so my overall average is a paltry 2.03 - although it was a lot worse before I got a bit of consistency with teams etc.

Account: Craig Johnson

Best GC Ave (Overall/current) - GC19 - Ajax (72 games, 2.99)

Not really stuck at any standards/customs so nothing of note tbh, although I did just join EC106 so maybe down the line I'll post my progress :)

Account: 2.45

Best Standard ave: Bradford (EC2016) : 2.45

Game World Best Manager: Ozan Akkaya

Game World Manager Ranking 1

Total Manager Points 313

Number Games 128

Average Manager Points 2.45

Played Won Drawn Lost Win(%)

League 107 69 23 15 64.49

Cup 21 14 3 4 66.67

Overall 128 83 26 19 64.84

My average rating was 2.19 when the new profiles first came into beta testing, but has gone down to 2.15 due to neglect more than anything.

Best GC Ave - AEK Athens (GC11) : 2.64

176 games played - 460 pts

Was 2.94 when the profiles first started testing

Best Standard Ave - Rochdale (EC2775) : 2.86

85 games played - 243 pts

Account : Philipp Göppel - 2.31 (at only 35 clubs, and I currently manage 28 I think, so certainly no club hopper)

Best GC team : Racing Genk (GC 1) - 2.40 (AEK has 2.5 but I only manage them for 12 games so far)

Best standard team: Independiente (World 2667) - 2.69 (quit them about half a year ago when I was offered Real Madrid, my currently 2nd best Standard team)

Best custom: Borussia Dortmund (timphi vs. Grattler) - 3.37 (basically just a game world with me and my mate, and the rest is filled up with <70 rated teams)

Account Average Points

Non-GM: 1.91 (Boca Juniors)

GM: 2.03 (Club Brugge)

Best GC Team

Club Brugge, GC 7 (2.03)

League: Played 63

Won: 30

Drawn: 21

Lost: 12

Win percentage: 47.62%

Cup: Played 5

Won: 1

Drawn: 2

Lost: 2

Win percentage: 20%

Overall: Played 68

Won: 31

Drawn: 23

Lost: 14

Win percentage: 45.59%

Best Custom Team

Boca Juniors, International Super Cup (1.91)

League: Played 224

Won: 86

Drawn: 48

Lost: 90

Win percentage: 38.39 %

Cup: Played 32

Won: 14

Drawn: 8

Lost: 10

Win percentage: 43.75%

Overall: Played 256

Won: 100

Drawn: 56

Lost: 100

Win percentage: 39.06%

256 matches is more than any other manager in the league.

You are missing something. I do believe that my exploits with Notts are very rare' date=' which is 2 (probably 3) successive promotions from the beginning of a GC, and getting an 87 average for a division 5 team without any loanees.

Any way we can measure that? Sure, it's easy to win trophies with Man U's, Porto's and Barcelonas...[/quote']

I did two succesive with Bournemouth, but finished mid table last season in division 2 ! your notts are something else though B)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Nice thread Smartdoc :P,

My account David belkevitz 2.02 overall

I have to say that I mainly take middle to lower clubs.

HEARTS GC12 2.56 plyd 193....494 points

I have built them up to compete with Rangers/Celtic, who were dominant in this league, which I won last season.

FEYENOORD WC5 2.29. plyd 201....461 points

I took them over in season 6 when they were in 4th division, came 5th in my first season then got straight promotion to the 1st Division in successive seasons. Currently lying in 3rd place four points behind the leaders.

AJAX Custom Se Up 2.03 plyd 79....160 points

Ajax won the league in the first season but since then have slipped badly, to the point that they are the first club I have ever been relegated with after a full season with them. Hope to get them back on course soon.