Primera División de Argentina

andyowls

Re: NEW Young Argentine Talent

Makes sense really - three guys were killed unintentionally = triple manslaughter. Still' date=' that's only just speculation for now, as there is no evidence to prove Buonanotte was speeding. The weather conditions were reportedly bad on the night in question, so it could all be a case of pure bad luck.[/quote']

apparently there was torrential rain and there were some deep puddles in the road which could have been a significant factor if he hit a deep puddle at some speed

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick word on Diego Buonanotte: from a legal-standing, investigations are continuing into whether Buonanotte was at fault for the crash or not. The case is currently labelled as triple negligent manslaughter, implying that there was no intent or malice in the incident. It could take the rest of the month at least for any further progress. Meanwhile, Diego himself is improving by the day and is said to be in "good spirits, talks and laughs..." He has been bouyed by an army of River fans wishing him well in the hospital and could very well leave soon.

In transfer news, the big news for me from a personal standing is the proposed transfer of James Rodriguez to Udinese. The Italian club are believed to have offered $2.5-3m for 50% of the young Colombian's services and Banfield are forced to accept. Final details are set to be wrapped up in the coming days and the deal shall see the 18-year-old remain in Argentina to help Banfield in their quest for Copa Libertadores action. Udinese shall likely see a great return for their invested money. Also at Banfield, Santiago Silva has been given his final contract offer from Banfield and it is now down to him to decide whether he wants to stay or move on. Silva is said to be wishing to play in the Copa Libertadores, but he is the perennial journeyman, with Banfield his 12th club of his career, and that at the age of just 29. Don't be surprised if he decides to up sticks and move on, with Rubin Kazan, Roma, America, Monterrey and even back at Velez, all possible destinations. River Plate are continuing there quest to get back on track by ghosting Argentine forward Claudio Bieler, amongst others. Bieler helped LDU Quito to become the first Ecuadorian team to lift the Copa Libertadores in 2008 in an unlikely triumph and is being tracked by River, Racing and Lanus. Don't ask him which one, however, as he is very indecisive himself, after revealing his appeal to play for all three, to three different sources in the space of one day! Recent reports suggest that Lanus may be closing in on sealing his signature. Racing and River are still battling with each other to sign Colombian hotshot, Jackson Martinez. Martinez has now been given a maximum of five days to choose who to play for, with Korean side Ulsan still well in the running. River are also being linked with Roberto Ayala of Zaragoza and Andres D'Alessandro of Internacional, but expect both to end up being pure hot air. River's big rivals, Boca Juniors are also looking to improve following a disastrous 2009. Roberto Abbondanzieri has been in for some tough criticism of late and could very well be coming to the end of his time at the club, with Rosario interested following Jorge Broun's long-term injury towards the end of the Apertura. Rosario and Boca are trying to negotiate some sort of swap deal surrounding Pato and Jesus Mendez. Rosario, meanwhile, are closing in on the signature of Luciano Figueroa of Genoa, who has 24 hours to decide whether he wants to make the return to South America with his first professional club. Back at Boca and as for Pato's replacement, Mariano Andujar has been touted for a return to South America from Catania, but Alfio Basile is said to favour Boca's youths if they decide to give up on Pato. Boca have completed the signing of Matias Gimenez from Tigre but are in danger of losing three of their defensive stalwarts, in Julio Caceres, Morel Rodriguez and Gabriel Paletta. Caceres appears eager to leave with Brazil a possible destination; Morel Rodriguez is out of contract in June and may be forced on, while Paletta is interesting Panathanaikos. Estudiantes' strikeforce is looking increasingly formidable following the signing of Jose Sosa on loan from Bayern Munich until the end of the season. Sosa will serve as a temporary replacement for Jose Luis Calderon, who's retired at the age of 39 after coach Alejandro Sabella refused to consider him for the World Club Cup competition in Abu Dhabi. Estu have also been boosted by the proposed transfer of Agustin Alayes to Colo Colo falling through at the last minute. Jose Sand could very well be on his way back to Argentina, just months after his transfer to Al Ain. He claims that if Lanus, Boca Juniors or San Lorenzo can afford to pay his wages, then he'd be very open for a return back home. Meanwhile, the Eduardo Salvio saga rolls on, with Lanus president, Nicolas Russo, claiming that Toto will remain with the club to play the Copa Libertadores and see out the rest of the season. Atletico Madrid appeared to have him in the bag and Salvio himself even proclaimed his desire to move to the Spanish capital, but the price remains a sticking point. The situation is looking remarkably similar to the one in the summer, so don't be surprised to see Salvio's move to Europe delayed once more. Colon have captured young River striker Andres Rios on a three and a half year deal, who may very well become the replacement for an ever-aging Esteban Fuertes. The Santa Fe club shall now turn their attention towards Paolo Goltz of Huracan and Franco Peppino of Arsenal to boost their backline, as well as Christian Chavez of Boca and Ivan Moreno y Fabianesi of Xanthi. Colon seem ambitious and are my early tips for the Clausura title. At Velez, Waldo Ponce is of serious interest to English side, Wigan Athletic.

Phew, I'm exhausted. There's enough rumours and transfer gossip for you for one day! :D However, one final thought...

..Diario Olé have given out a few awards for the year of 2009, some of which are quite noteworthy. My favourite is the award of best revelation of the year to Javier Pastore who was a virtual unknown to most at the start of the year. Receiving the best player award was Juan Sebastian Veron, who helped lead Estudiantes to a Copa Libertadores triumph, as well as a narrow defeat to Barcelona in the Club World Cup final last month. Estudiantes also won the team of the year, with a now-lowly Huracan getting the second-most votes. Despite Huracan's torrid Apertura, it just shows how much they touched the hearts of everyone in Argentina in their oh-so close display in the Clausura. Unfortunately, the fairytale ending could not be. Mario Bolatti, one of the keys for Huracan in 2009, came second in the vote for best player behind Veron, while Angel Cappa, the mastermind behind Huracan's rise to prominence during the Clausura, won the coach of the year award. Predictably, Cristian Gaston Fabbiani won the worst player award with a landslide of votes. El Ogre really has been made the scapegoat of River's current mess as of late, with the two superclasico's racking up the votes for bigest failure awards, with Boca just edging it. Lionel Messi won the award for best Argentine abroad.

Oh, and Happy New Year! :)

Great reading' date=' Andy.

Do you think Matias Gimenez will make the left side his own at Boca (if he transfers to Boca)?[/quote']

It's not wise to predict anything at Boca or River these days, but he has a good shout, yes. Boca's midfield is rather poor if you ask me, so I'd give most players a good chance of establishing themselves in the side. However, Gimenez doesn't strike me as the answer to their problems, although they have a fair few problems to deal with.

Andy mate, am I right in saying that the starting line-ups of each team in the early pages of your thread are still accurate? I am planning to buy some risers and I have gone about looking at buying the lower rated players in each team's XI as you have written. Just checking :) Good work once more, thanks.

Andy mate' date=' am I right in saying that the starting line-ups of each team in the early pages of your thread are still accurate? I am planning to buy some risers and I have gone about looking at buying the lower rated players in each team's XI as you have written. Just checking :) Good work once more, thanks.[/quote']

Hmm, they are accurate-ish. I did them about 2/3's of the way through the season, so there may be subtle differences to be made. Updating them and the 6 teams on the second page is high up on my to-do list.

Guest BrandonBurrows

In transfer news' date=' the big news for me from a personal standing is the proposed transfer of [b']James Rodriguez [/b]to Udinese. The Italian club are believed to have offered $2.5-3m for 50% of the young Colombian's services and Banfield are forced to accept. Final details are set to be wrapped up in the coming days and the deal shall see the 18-year-old remain in Argentina to help Banfield in their quest for Copa Libertadores action. Udinese shall likely see a great return for their invested money.

I'll probably sound like a newb for saying this but I don't quite get this. $2.5-3mil for 50% of his services?

I'll probably sound like a newb for saying this but I don't quite get this. $2.5-3mil for 50% of his services?

It means that Udinese would acquire 50% of Rodriguez' economic rights, with, I'm sure, the option to purchase the rest at a later date. I presume that Banfield currently own him 100%, but you never know these days, what with 3rd party ownerships pretty common. The offer is reported to be $3m, but the deal is not yet concluded.

hello mate what do you reckon on these ( sorry if some you mentioned already)

Lucas MOYA (72) ---> 79/80

TRECARICHI' date=' Lucas [b'](75) ---> 78/89[/b]

BERTOGLIO, Facundo (75) ---> 81/82

VILLALBA, Daniel (72) ---> 78/79

MACHUCA, Alexis ( 70) ---> 81/82

Predictions in bold. Make sure you hang on to Bertoglio and Villalba in particular - they're super-talented. Trecarichi and Machuca are worth holding on to as well, but Moya's pretty average.

I have now finished adding all the notable risers for each individual team. To find them, go to the relevent club post and you will get the best there is to offer from each club. If there is anyone that you think I have missed, then run him by me and I can consider your case, and if needed, add him to the list. There is also a list of the best risers on the opening post, which can also be found here, below. Enjoy!

+10 Risers

Adrian Gabbarinni

Alexis Machuca

7-9 Risers

James Rodriguez

Facundo Bertoglio

Damian Albil

Luciano Aued

Leonel Galeano

Jorge De Olivera

Daniel Villalba

Lucas Moya

Jonathan David Gomez

Gonzalo Castillejos

Maximiliano Oliva

4-6 Risers

Franco Jara

Claudio Mosca

Ivan Marcone

Alejandro Frezotti

Diego Morales

Ismael Quilez

Marcos Rojo

Lucas Nahuel Castro

Milton Casco

Denis Stracqualursi

Jesus Vera

Matias Jara

Ezequiel Filippetto

Lucas Trecarichi

Luciano Nieto

Patricio Rodriguez

Augustin Marchesin

Hernan Grana

Cristian Menedez

Joaquin Boghossian

Brian Lluy

Sebastian Grazzini

Nahuel Valentini

Gonzalo Bazan

Fabian Bordagaray

Carlos Fondacaro

Lucas Oviedo

Check this out - it's pretty amusing. The senior citizens at Boca have been having their wicked way with the new, young recruits by giving them dodgy haircuts before training. Abbondanzieri, Palermo and Krupoviesa are the culprits who have taken advantage of these poor lads. Funny stuff guys...almost as funny as your form in 2009.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2010/01/07/futbollocal/02115038.html

Guest BrandonBurrows

7-9 Risers

James Rodriguez

Facundo Bertoglio

Damian Albil

Luciano Aued

Leonel Galeano

Jorge De Olivera

Daniel Villalba

Lucas Moya

Jonathan David Gomez

Gonzalo Castillejos

Maximiliano Oliva

This thread has got even better since I last saw it.

I have heard of all the 7-9 risers from you or Conal apart from Jonathan David Gomez. I'll be buying him too, making it 10 players I have bought from Argentina in for good rises.

LOVIN IT MATE :D

Maybe if you put there positions it will make it that much easier to read;)

Repped:)

Hmm' date=' I'm already spoon-feeding you all quite a bit... I'll think about it.

This thread has got even better since I last saw it.

I have heard of all the 7-9 risers from you or Conal apart from Jonathan David Gomez. I'll be buying him too, making it 10 players I have bought from Argentina in for good rises.

Thanks, glad you like it pal. :)

Great job' date=' Andy!

I can't remember if we have covered this topic, but here goes.

James Rodriguez - will he get a position change? Wing/AM or LM/Wing, something like that?

Cheers[/quote']

Cheers mate. No, you're right - this hasn't yet come up. He certainly get some sort of positional change, but I'm not sure what to be honest. I'm torn between LM/AM or AM/LM. Perhaps the former, because I wouldn't really class him as a winger.

Cheers mate. No' date=' you're right - this hasn't yet come up. He certainly get some sort of positional change, but I'm not sure what to be honest. I'm torn between LM/AM or AM/LM. Perhaps the former, because I wouldn't really class him as a winger.[/quote']

Nice to know, Andy. I would be glad with either position change.

I'm checking out a couple of Rosario players - Moya and Castillejos. You have them both down as risers. What are your thoughts on them? Worth anything or just decent players in for a rise?

I'm checking out a couple of Rosario players - Moya and Castillejos. You have them both down as risers. What are your thoughts on them? Worth anything or just decent players in for a rise?

They'll get a decent rise this time, but they're not worth getting excited about. I can't see them ever amounting to much at all to be honest.

Re: Primera División de Argentina

Just a quick note: I have decided to rename this thread, as you should be able to see, as it has become more diverse than it's previous title had suggested. It no longer just highlights just the best young talent coming out of Argentina, but also tells you about the football being played, the way the season is progressing and the transfer dealings that go on. At least, I hope it does anyway, and that is my aim for this thread in the future. With this in mind, I have also decided to move the thread to the World/Non European Football section where it will feel more at home. I hope this doesn't confuse people too much, although I have left a permanent redirect in the Player Talent Scout section.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Expect a big transfer update in the coming days, but one of the biggest stories in Argentina right now are the rumours surrounding a return to Boca Juniors for Real Madrid's Fernando Gago. Gago has been rather out of favour in Real's new ploy for worldwide domination and is growing increasingly worried by his chances for World Cup participation. In fact, Diego Maradone himself has made it abundantly clear to Gago that he will not be in the squad if he is not playing games. Therefore, Gago himself is rather eager to force his way into the reckoning one way or another, and that could mean a move back to his boyhood club, on loan until the end of the season. The move would be a good one for Boca, especially following Sebastian Battaglia's untimely knee injury, which will put him out of action for much, if not all, of the Clausura. Despite Boca's ineptitude over the past 12 months (by their standards), Battaglia is still a big player for them and he will be sorely missed. Boca have already inserted bids for Mario Bolatti and Juan Mercier of Argentinos Juniors, but snaring Gago on loan for the upcoming Clausura would be quite an accomplishment.

Can you tell me a little bit about Juan Forlin, is he still a talent? I see he is playing games in Spain, but I heard how he was once touted as being a huge talent, but the move to Espanyol was not quite the big step up from Boca Juniors that I thought he would have made. Maybe it's great that he is playing in Europe at a mid level team, but is he a possibility for a bigger move somewhere in Europe somewhere down the line, and also, is he still a shout to become an Argentinian international, semi-regularly, in the future? Thanks, and this is another mighty by you Andyowls.

I'm sorry that this may not be the correct thread to ask, but I thought you were the best person to ask, and this info might be useful to others, hence why it's not a PM. Thanks for your time.

Also, with Hauche, do you think he is worth holding onto after his rise, in regards with a possible move to Europe? Again, many thanks.

Can you tell me a little bit about Juan Forlin' date=' is he still a talent? I see he is playing games in Spain, but I heard how he was once touted as being a huge talent, but the move to Espanyol was not quite the big step up from Boca Juniors that I thought he would have made. Maybe it's great that he is playing in Europe at a mid level team, but is he a possibility for a bigger move somewhere in Europe somewhere down the line, and also, is he still a shout to become an Argentinian international, semi-regularly, in the future? Thanks, and this is another mighty by you Andyowls.

I'm sorry that this may not be the correct thread to ask, but I thought you were the best person to ask, and this info might be useful to others, hence why it's not a PM. Thanks for your time.[/quote']

No, no, don't worry - I think it's perfectly acceptable for this question to be answered here. He is an Argie after all, so he'll always have a home right here. ;)

To your intial question - yes, Juan Forlin is still a talent. The move to Espanyol this summer was a very good one for him on a personal level, as I think it will give him the chance to establish himself at a reasonably good European side, allowing him to get the time to adjust to the way the game is played here in Europe. Since he has moved, he has indeed been a regular, but Espanyol have struggled on the whole. Whether or not Forlin's slow adaptation to the Spanish game has anything to do with this, I couldn't tell you as I haven't seen many La Liga games this season. However, what I can tell you is that this boy has a very bright future indeed. He always stood out at Boca for being excellent for his age - he was far more mature than his years may suggest. The move to Espanyol might not set the world alight but there is a place where he can become a rock in the defence and, hopefully, be a stepping stone on towards something bigger and better. I honestly believe that, given time, he can be a force at Espanyol and be a great buy for any of the top European teams, in a few years time.

As for the national team, he hasn't had much involvement as of late. You are probably aware that the Argentina defence is one of great concern to the fans down in South America, and it is the young stars like Forlin and Nicolas Otamendi who offer a beacon of light to the Argentine public. I can really see those two striking a formidable partnership over the course of this decade, but it will take time before we get to that stage. As Forlin gradually continues to impress in Spain (which I'm sure he will do), the clamour for his presence on the international scene will be great - the Argentinian public will see to that.

In terms of Soccer Manager, he will rise in the upcoming Spanish review to 87. Whilst he remains at Espanyol, he can easily hit 88/89, depending on how impressively the club perform in La Liga, and how quickly he can force his way on to the international scene. After that, I remain confident in his ability to secure a big-money move to a top European club, and that's when he will break 90 and, perhaps, beyond. This will take time, so patience really is a virtue.

EDIT:

Re: Hauche - yes, I think he is well worth hanging on to - he has the potential to be a consistently good performer in Argentina. However, as of today, his potential suitors remain in Argentina, with Estudiantes and Racing both signalling their interest (although, I doubt he will join either, particularly Racing). In terms of a move to Europe, it is certainly possible, but I'd be wary of how big a club would come in for him. I could easily envisage a big club in one of the smaller leagues (i.e. Greece, Ukraine etc.) being interesting, if not a smaller club in one of the bigger leagues. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say he's nailed on for a rise this time around. His stats are good, but I feel he has to have a similar looking Clausura before SM entrust him with a rating of 88, but we shall see. Either way, he makes for a solid striker in your SM teams. It's down to you whether you need him or not.

Sorry for the noob question' date=' new to the game and don't know much about Argentina soccer, but when will these Argentina players get their player ratings changed?[/quote']

Section League(s)

1. Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia, Costa Rica & Uruguay.

2. Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia & Macedonia.

3. Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland & Romania.

4. Austria, Denmark, Czech Rep, Germany, Netherlands & Slovakia.

5. Belgium, France & Switzerland.

6. England, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales.

7. Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Israel, Malta & Turkey

8. Portugal, Italy & Spain.

Summer Rating Changes Schedule

Section League(s)

1. Armenia, Belarus, Russia & Ukraine.

2. Australia, Eastern Asia & Southeast Asia

3. Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden.

4. Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay & USA.

5. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania & Rep Ireland.

6. Africa & the Middle East.

There you go.

Archived