Primera División de Argentina

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you wish to know anything remotely related to Argentinian football, then this is the place to come. Here, you will find player talent scouts, team-by-team analysis, league updates and the latest tr

Re: Primera División de Argentina The Clausura Round-up Argentinos Juniors, campeón del Clausura 2010 Yes, after 25 barren years, Argentinos Juniors have picked up their first title since

Re: NEW Young Argentine Talent I have now finished adding all the notable risers for each individual team. To find them, go to the relevent club post and you will get the best there is to offer from

Re: Primera División de Argentina

Depends how good your team is. If you're a small team' date=' you'd be worth keeping him and taking advantage when he hits 85ish after the next changes. If you're a big team, I'd just cash in on him and take the £1-2m profit, and use it on other money-makers. He's Argentinian remember, so he'll never be a great 'keeper. ;)

[/quote']

Ok, thanks.

I was looking at Jonathan David Gomez on the Rosario most common line up you posted, do you think he'll change to an RM or RM/AM?

Round Five Goals/Round-up

Friday, 19th February 2010

Chacarita Juniors 1-2 Colon de Santa Fe

Velez Sarsfield 3-0 Independiente

Colon continued their good start to the Clausura (ignoring their premature Copa Libertadores exit...) with a late, late winner at Chacarita. Los Sabaleros took the lead after fifteen minutes when German Riverola's shot from the edge of the area took an almighty deflection and looped over the unfortunate Cristian Cejas. Chacarita equalised a quarter of an hour after half-time through Facundo Parra, who headed home Diego Morales' cross from close range. However, the hosts were denied a point when the ever-youthful Esteban Fuertes burst forward, evaded a half-hearted challenge and slid a perfect, low cross into the path of substitute Federico Nieto, who made no mistake from two yards out, three minutes into injury-time. My pre-Clausura tips for the title are looking good. ;) In preparation for their Copa Libertadores match against Deportivo Italia on Tuesday evening, Velez game their reserves a run out against a full-strength Independiente. They were made to pay for much of the first period as the visitors peppered El Fortin's goal, yet, somehow the hosts took a one goal lead into the half-time interval thanks to some fast footwork by Juan Manuel Martinez which beat Eduardo Tuzzio's weak challenge, as well as Adrian Gabbarini's despairing dive. After the break, El Rojo lost their first-half impetus and the hosts gradually closed the game out. Having a handy substitute going by the name of Maxi Moralez certainly helped, who won himself a penalty when he was brought down by Gabbarini soon after his arrival, before despatching it as well. And fellow, handy substitute, Santiago Silva, rounded off the win late on after a moment of madness by Gabbarini, which saw the rookie goalkeeper spill the ball right at El Tanque's feet. Luciano German Vella compouned Inde's misery when he was dismissed for a second yellow card in injury time.

8MnwSEUpq1A&feature=player_embedded

Friday's goals.

Saturday, 20th February 2010

Tigre 1-1 Gimnasia La Plata

Newell's Old Boys 1-1 Lanus

Racing Club 1-0 San Lorenzo

Tigre and Gimnasia La Plata shared the spoils in the first of Saturday's games, with both goals coming in the first quarter of the match. That man Denis Stracqualursi gave Gimnasia an early lead when he latched on to Luciano Aued's through ball and lashed it past Daniel Islas in the Tigre net. However, El Matador hit back soon after when Pablo Fontanello headed home Ribair Rodriguez' corner, and that's the way it stayed. Lanus coach Luis Zubeldia was granted a stay of execution when his side managed to eek out a draw in Rosario against Newell's Old Boys. After a goalless first period, Jorge Achucarro gave the hosts the lead when he headed Christian Sanchez Prette's corner into Agustin Marchesin's bottom right-hand corner of the net. Lanus seemed to be in for an uphill struggle when Agustin Pelletieri was dismissed for a straight red card after fouling Sanchez Prette. However, Santiago Salcedo managed to snatch a late draw for El Granate by beating the offside trap and slotting his shot through Sebastian Peratta's legs and into the net. Saturday's final match saw Miguel Angel Russo's reign as Racing boss began in an unconvincing fashion, yet La Academia managed to yield three points from their fixture against San Lorenzo, who failed to score for the fourth successive game. The match, the first clasico between any of Argentina's big five in this premature Clausura, remained scoreless even after Jonathan Bottinelli's dismissal shortly after half-time for the visitors. That was until Gabriel Hauche granted the hosts a much sought-after victory when Pablo Migliore could not prevent Pablo Luguercio's header from falling at the feet of the ex-Argentinos man, just two yards out. El Ciclon shall ask questions about Hauche being a yard offside when Luguercio made contact with the ball, although Diego Simeone should look more seriously at where his goals are going to come from this campaign following yet another blank day at the office.

BgSE1hmfoOM&feature=player_embedded

Saturday's goals.

Sunday, 21st February 2010

Banfield 0-0 Rosario Central

River Plate 1-1 Arsenal de Serandi

Atletico Tucuman 1-1 Argentinos Juniors

Godoy Cruz 1-1 Boca Juniors

Sunday's four games brought about just six goals and, remarkably, no winners as the eight teams all went home with a point apiece. Banfield and Central kicked the day off with a bore draw which did nothing to indicate that relegation-threatened Central are in for easy ride this term. Los Canallas could only muster the single shot against a Banfield outfit who were fielding their reserves after the first XI's exertions in the Copa Libertadores last week. Diego Braghieri also saw red for the visitors late on after picking up his second yellow card of the game. River fans watched their side struggle again at El Monumental, having to come from behind to draw with Arsenal. Sergio Sena gave El Viaducto the lead just before half-time when he ran from inside his own half to shoot from long-range into the bottom left-hand corner of the net. Leandro Astrada got a reaction out of his players soon after the interval when Marcelo Gallardo scored a free-kick from 25-yards out. However, Los Millonarios lost their impetus when Matias Almeyda was dismissed for a second bookable offence almost immediately after the goal, on the eighteenth anniversary of his debut for the same club. The result ended tied and granted the visitors their first ever point at River's famous home. Tucuman took a very early lead in their match against Argentinos when Juan Pereyra's superb cross was headed home by Claudio Sarria. Argentinos hit back on the half-hour mark when a deep free-kick was headed past his own 'keeper by Javier Paez. And in Sunday's late game, Godoy's impressive defence was finally broken in their game against Boca, but they still went home with their unbeaten record intact. Federico Higuain gave the home side the lead midway through the first half when he neatly finished off a good move by El Expreso. But who else other than Martin Palermo to draw Boca level, thanks to a superb header that gave Nelson Ibanez absolutely no chance.

rUkY6aFNpvM&feature=player_embedded

Sunday's goals.

Monday, 22nd February 2010

Estudiantes La Plata 2-0 Huracan

Monday's game saw Estudiantes comfortably brush aside the challenge of Huracan. Mauro Boselli (again) scored Estu's opener when he met Juan Veron's corner with a header at the back post. Boselli missed the chance to double the hosts lead in the second half when he smacked a penalty against the bar, but Juan Veron made the points safe soon after when he poked a shot towards goal, going in via a chunky deflection. Each side ended the match with ten men as Michael Hoyos for the hosts and Gaston Esmerado for the visitors were both dismissed late on.

wTSwur_b8Xo&feature=player_embedded

Monday's goals.

Latest Table

1. Velez Sarsfield................5 - 11 (+7)

2. Colon de Santa Fe...........5 - 11 (+3)

3. Estudiantes La Plata........5 - 9 (+4)

4. Godoy Cruz de Mendoza....5 - 9 (+2)

5. Tigre.............................5 - 8 (+1)

6. Independiente.................5 - 8 (0)

7. Banfield..........................4 - 7 (+2)

8. Chacarita Juniors..............5 - 7 (+1)

9. Gimnasia La Plata.............5 - 7 (+1)

10. Boca Juniors..................5 - 6 (0)

11. Racing Club...................5 - 6 (0)

12. Argentinos Juniors..........3 - 5 (+3)

13. Newell's Old Boys...........4 - 5 (+1)

14. River Plate....................5 - 5 (-1)

15. Huracan.......................5 - 5 (-2)

16. San Lorenzo..................5 - 4 (-3)

17. Lanus...........................5 - 4 (-6)

18. Arsenal de Sarandi..........5 - 4 (-6)

19. Atletico Tucuman...........5 - 3 (-3)

20. Rosario Central...............5 - 3 (-4)

This is a great post Andy..keep up the good work!!!

I was just wondering if there has been any more news about Diego Buonanotte? I'm been managing River for some time and he is only one of a selected few that I have kept in my squad. I was really hoping to keep a hold of him because I was hearing really good things about before his accident.

However, I'm not sure that he will come back the same player (thats if he even come back at all!) after this awful accident....there may be too many things playing on his mind.

I genuinely hope the guy does get better and comes back as strong as ever but if things arent looking good, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to sell him.

Appreciate any light you can shed on the situation.

Thanks

This is a great post Andy..keep up the good work!!!

I was just wondering if there has been any more news about Diego Buonanotte? I'm been managing River for some time and he is only one of a selected few that I have kept in my squad. I was really hoping to keep a hold of him because I was hearing really good things about before his accident.

However' date=' I'm not sure that he will come back the same player (thats if he even come back at all!) after this awful accident....there may be too many things playing on his mind.

I genuinely hope the guy does get better and comes back as strong as ever but if things arent looking good, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to sell him.

Appreciate any light you can shed on the situation.

Thanks[/quote']

He's doing well in his recovery and is already back at the River facilities to work on his rehabilitation. It's most unlikely that he'll be back before the end of the Clausura, but he should be back in time for next season. Before the crash, he was in for a rise to 89 due to his superb form in the Apertura, but he'll likely keep his rating when Argentina is reviewed in the coming weeks. With that in mind, he'll have plenty of time to show us what he's got left in him before his rating is reviewed again, so there's no way I'd be selling him just yet. Nobody knows whether he'll be the same player again, yet nobody knows whether he'll be affected at all. Right now, we've just got to wait for his return and we can re-evaluate the situation then.

Keep him for now, and then ask me how he's looking again in September.

He's doing well in his recovery and is already back at the River facilities to work on his rehabilitation. It's most unlikely that he'll be back before the end of the Clausura' date=' but he should be back in time for next season. Before the crash, he was in for a rise to 89 due to his superb form in the Apertura, but he'll likely keep his rating when Argentina is reviewed in the coming weeks. With that in mind, he'll have plenty of time to show us what he's got left in him before his rating is reviewed again, so there's no way I'd be selling him just yet. Nobody knows whether he'll be the same player again, yet nobody knows whether he'll be affected at all. Right now, we've just got to wait for his return and we can re-evaluate the situation then.

Keep him for now, and then ask me how he's looking again in September.[/quote']

Andy

Thanks very much for the advice, very helpful as usual!

I will hold on to him for now and will see how his recovery goes.

We all wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he's back to his best soon!

Thanks again,

Jonny

I hope everyone is enjoying these Argie changes as much as I am. Only had the time to give the recent changes a quick scan, but most predictions seem to be in the right area. Need to look into them all a bit closer, but I was delighted to see Rodriguez get his 85 like I always thought. I will answer all questions tomorrow, once I have gotten rid of this stonking hangover.

I hope everyone is enjoying these Argie changes as much as I am. Only had the time to give the recent changes a quick scan' date=' but most predictions seem to be in the right area. Need to look into them all a bit closer, but I was delighted to see Rodriguez get his 85 like I always thought. I will answer all questions tomorrow, once I have gotten rid of this stonking hangover.[/quote']

Think they've been pretty poor to be fair. You mention Rodriguez, how is he 3 points higher that Bertoglio? Might be a big rant on the way from yours truly after tomorrow.

Think they've been pretty poor to be fair. You mention Rodriguez' date=' how is he 3 points higher that Bertoglio? Might be a big rant on the way from yours truly after tomorrow.[/quote']

Like I said, I need to look into them a bit closer first. I agree with you completely on the Rodriguez/Bertoglio point, but right now, I'm too tired to be making a valid argument for or against the matter. I look forward to your rant.

What do you think about Gary Medel? See any rise?

Thanks.

Pretty certain he won't rise. Should stay.

Andy - is Coronel at River Plate still good for the +2 you predicted?

And Grabinski at Chacarita' date=' would you say he's on for a +2 or maybe higher?[/quote']

Yes, Coronel should still see a small rise. Same goes fro Grabinski, and he may go a bit higher; I'll say a +3.

Don't know if you know or not Andy; Rogelio Funes Mori has been added to the DB with a rating of 75. Do you think he'll rise this time around?

Was in Italy when he was added so I missed out on him in pretty much every setup I'm in - typical. :rolleyes: and why exactly would he rise? He was added for his appearances thus far in his career. He has since made one substitute appearance' date=' which is no grounds for a rise just days after his addition to the database.

Should I keep Gabbarini?

Yeh, I think I'd keep him. Undisputed number one at Inde for now, and should see another rise next time around, probably to 85/86.

Based on what I've read from the forums I'm definitely keeping Galeano & Patricio Rodriguez.

How likely do you see the next changes looking like this:

Bertoglio 82 -> 85 or higher

Machuca 83 -> 86 or higher

James Rodriguez 85 -> 87

Any help much appreciated;)

Bertoglio's progressed into a surefire starter if fit and will get a lot of gametime this Clausura (he didn't play the last game but I think he might have been suspended). 85 seems good to me' date=' although it might be more if Colon were to do very well in the league. Machuca will stay unless one of Schiavi, Alayes or Insuarralde gets a long injury to give Machuca some gametime - he's not first-choice this Clausura. Rodriguez is a tricky one because he'll be moving in the summer, for that I am certain. Depends where he ends up and how the rating changes fall, but Udinese is a much-talked about destination.

BORDAGARAY - should be a regular feature in the SL line-up. Rise to 85ish in the next changes.

CASTILLEJOS - will likely be in and out of the Lanus line-up. Rise to 84/85 in the next changes.

MARCHESIN - still not convinced by this guy. Will get a lot of games until the next changes and another rise, but it wouldn't surprise me if Lanus moved for another GK in the summer.

GABBARINI - number one for Inde, will rise again next time to 85/86.

DOLCI - will be in and out of the side for the rest of the season. Might get a small rise to 84/83 next time.

GRANA - first choice RB for Lanus. Will rise again next time, to 86.

FERNANDEZ, Federico - will see some games this Clausura while Estu juggle the league and the Copa Libertadores. Might get a small rise next time, but nothing special. Worth hanging on to.

GONZALEZ, Sebastián Emanuel - might get the odd chance this Clausura, but he's not going to be an undisputed starter just yet. Still young though, and might hit 80ish next time.

Claudio MOSCA - hasn't played a single game yet this Clausura - not sure why to be honest, will have to investigate. Haven't seen much of him, but I haven't been greatly impressed.

what do you think of these players, worth keeping after rises? cheers

There you go; my writing in bold.

Got a bit of catching up to here, so I'll start off by bringing you the goals from the Banfield - Argentinos game, which was restarted after being suspended due to heavy rain after just 9 minutes in round two. The reigning Apertura champions ran out comfortable winners in the "re-match", making the score safe shortly after half-time. Sebastian Fernandez got the ball rolling for the home side by capitilising on Juan Alberto Sabia's non-clearance to sweep the ball past Nicolas Peric. Soon after, just before the half-hour mark, Marcelo Quinteros doubled the advantage with a great strike from distance. And after the interval, a great ball over the top released Julio Barraza, who put the ball on a plate for Ruben Ramirez to head home. Sabia's night was made worse when he was dismissed for a second yellow card soon after the third goal, and Banfield eased down through the gears from thereafter. You can see all the goals in the video below:

5ivglK0Gehk&feature=player_embedded

Banfield 3-0 Argentinos Juniors