Lukas Jutkiewicz- Nice riser and potential

Greener-09

Has been mentioned on one thread but its cleared up with the former poster.

;)

efc__1215787099_Jutkiewicz.jpg

Name: Lukas Jutkiewicz

Height:6ft 1

Weight: 12st 11pounds

Position: Centre Forward

Squad No: 27

D.O.B: 20-03-1989

Club: Motherwell (On loan from Everton)

Previous Clubs:Southampton (youths) and Swindon Town. Plymouth Argyle (Loan), Huddersfield Town (Loan)

Born:Southampton England

Nationality: English/Polish and Rep. Of Irish

*Though born in England, Jutkiewicz is also eligible to play for Poland, and the Republic of Ireland. In 2007, Jutkiewicz expressed interest in representing Poland, the country where his grandfather was born. However, he does not have Polish citizenship.* He has chosen to represent Poland (the birthplace of his Grandfather.)

“I have expressed an interest for playing for them (Poland) and I am eligible to play for them"

Progress through each club.

Southampton

Lucas began his career at his hometown club where he was snapped up as a 10 year old in 1999. he had a largely unsuccessful time there and was released as a 14 year old 4 years later.

Swindon Town

The Robins snapped him up and nurtured him through their academy till he was a mere 17 years old. before making his League 2 debut in April 2006 as a 17 year old. He then got his first start in the 2-1 away win against Shorpe. his first senior goal for the Robins came against then top of the table Walsall. He finished the season with 5 appearances 2 of which were starts and 1 goal. This was the beginning,as he signed a 3 year contract in the summer of 2006,

Next season the 2006-2007 season he fired in 5 goals in 13 starts and 20 sub appearances in League 1 and 1 start in the Johnstone paint trophy as a 17/18 year old and became a crowd favourite at the County Ground. Paul Sturrock (manager) was also very keen on keeping the boy at the County ground after his recent signature, but Vultures smelt nice blood and dug in. With the help of his 4 goals Swindon were back to League 1 Football. but money spoke and Swindon in need of money willingly accepted the 400k offer up front witht eh potential to rise to 1million..

Everton

With the hype around him and his very good form for Swindon big clubs were waiting with wads of cash to throw to the Robins for the signature of Lukas. Everton got his signature in the close season of 2007. although a deal had already been agreed in March that year to take him to Goodison Park. The Fee involved was believed to be in the region of £1Million. He joined up with his new teamates at Everton during the close season of 2007 where he was handed the number 27 jersey which was vacated by the outgoing Andy Van Der Meyde. Lukas didnt make the breakthrough at Everton during the first half of the 2007-2008 season and was mainly playing reserves which he was playing very well for impressing to an extent to been named on the bench for a few games during the season but no minuted were played on the pitch. This led to him having to go out on loan to get more minutes on the pitch.

Plymouth Argyle

His first loan spot was at the home of his former boss Paul Sturrock who was now managing Plymouth and was seen as a major factor in why Lukas went to Plymouth on loan.However Injuries and a lack of form combined and Lukas only played a mere 3 games (1 start and 2 sub appearances) from a possible 23 scoring 0 goals and he headed back to Everton after this very unproductive displays.

Return To Everton

Now back at Everton for the start of the 2008-2009 season. Lukas was playing very consistently for the reserves and his 2 goal salvo in the pre season friendly against Cambridge town, which led to him being included again in many squads for the First team throughout the season upto Christmas especially as the lack of forwards in the squad of Everton and the Injury prone Saha there and the season ending injury of Yakubu, leaving options upfront short but Tim Cahill and Fellaini were generally preferred to Lukas who remained on the bench a lot. Lukas was playing alongside Kirean Agard upfront and both formed a very good playing relationship which was shown in through light in the 4-1 drubbing of Burscough, With Lukas scoring 2 and assisting Agard's goal and Agard assisting Lukas' 2 goals.However Lukas did eventually make his long awaited Everton Debut after been consistenly overlooked and been left on the bench and riding the pine (even though them bench's look quite comfy to sit on so its probably not pine ;) ) in December 2008 against Sunderland in the 3-0 win coming on as a sub for the last 17 minutes which wasnt enough time to Impress Mr. Moyes. However this remained to be his only first team action at Everton well for the 08-09 season anyhow as he was loaned out again......

Huddersfield Town

This time he choose to go to League 1 outfit Huddersfield town where he enjoyed a more successful time than at Plymouth but a lack of form prevented him from shining as he fired blanks in all of his 7 appearances. His first start came in the 1-0 win against Leeds in February 2009,although Huddersfield finished a respectable 9th it was largely seen as a very unproductive loan signing. He was then back to Goodison at the end of the 09 season.

Return to Everton..... Again (Very Brief)

Lukas joined up with his Everton teamates again for pre season training and was involved in a few pre season friendlies but the general consensus was that Lukas needed more first team football which was not guaranteed by David Moyes at everton and he headed north to Scotland and found home a t Motherwell........

Motherwell

Lukas signed a 6 month loan deal at Fir Park and is now under the guidance of Irish Native Jim Gannon. Lukas received the No.9 shirt at Fir Park and he hasn't disappointed the Fir Park Faithful. he has been involved in every game for Motherwell. (every game he has been available for) Although Jim gannon percieved him as been pretty Unfit...

"I've been surprised by his poor level of fitness and his match practice because he hasn't been injured in pre-season, he has just been under-used and under-trained.

But none the less Jim hopes Lukas can build on his recent goalscoring exploits... and boy he did and will :D

He got his first start away to Aberdeen and played 68 mins.(No Goals)

He came on against Rangers next and played 11 mins (No goals)

He came on against Dundee and played 31 mins. (No Goals)

Started against Cali Thistle and played 115 mins in the CIS 3-2 win..(No Goal)

Played 57 mins against Hibernian in the 3-1 loss :/ (No Goal)

Started and scored his first goal in the 1-0 win over Falkirk. (1 Goal) (video below)

Started and played 81 mins against Celtic) (No goals)

Started and finished and scored 2 against St. Mirren in the 3-3 draw.(2 Goals)

^^^^^1st Goal V St.Mirren

Jutkiewicz kept the game alive by firing just inside the far corner two minutes later after Reynolds had set him up inside the box.

2nd goal V St Mirren

on-loan Everton striker chested down Humphrey's cross before holding off several defenders and lashing high into the net.

He has started 6 games for Motherwell and came on twice as a sub scoring 3 goals. and has been a revelation this season for Motherwell alongside much scouted and Huge riser on SM Ross Forbes who is 1 goal above Lukas in the race for the Motherwell Golden boot LOL!!!!!!!!

Lukas has played for 573 mins from a possible 750 mins.

Comparing to an 81 rated striker at the club in the form of Jim O Brien who has played 676 mins from a possible 930 mins.. and who hasn't scored...

His Near Future

Lukas has a very interesting future ahead of him, Does he extend his loan spell at Fir Park (Till the end of the season) where he is a cult fan favourite and already impressing manager Jim Gannon after the lack of match fitness he showed at the beginning though.... but his recent game time and goals will give him confidence for more!! In my opinion he will stay at Fir Park and continue to impress here..

His further Future

If he impresses enough at Motherwell being on the 6 month loan deal or the year... He can come back to Everton where he can begin to showcase his potential again. Moyes obviously has a shine for him after splashing the 1 million on him. I believe he can make the grade at Everton no problemo. I believe it could be at the end of this season of next season when he gets the game time at Everton to show me and you his potential as Everton is one of the famous clubs to allow young talent to come through, Rooney,Rodwell,Gosling etc. could i add Lukas to the list who knows :)...... Hopefully.......

My Opinion on His Strengths

*Seen him play only once :o but I seen quite a bit of him in this game.. V St Mirren....

-Very Strong

-Both Footed (mainly right)

-Good in the air

-Good awareness of space

-Willing Runner

-Goal Threat

-Set Piece Danger

-Good Technically

My Opinion on his weaknesses

-Poor Touches (Took to many sometimes) (Other times not enough)

-Poorish Vision (misplaced passes)

-Not the quickest (Acceleration and sprint speed)

Although been only 20 and getting regular game time he WILL improve most aspects of his game even further..

MY Overall Appraisal

Lukas will make it as a premiership level footballer (doesnt have to be Premiership but upto that level) maybe not as a top 4 club but playing for Everton or a mid Table club. His willingness to run and fight for his team will always mean he will be a fan favourite wherever he ends up. His Strength and size will make him a handful to deal with by any CB's standards. His Touch can really let him down at the moment as he was in promising positions a few times on saturday and his final touch let him down (Even though he scored 2).

His overall ability was there for me to see and I believe he can make it at the top!!

He Is rated 75 on SM and with the regular gametime he can make it to 79/80 in time for the Scottish changes and maybe higher if he continues in this rich vein of form.. as other starting strikers at the club are rated around 80/81/82.

stfc_2006_players_7_470x353_353x470.jpg

Lukas at Swindon^^^

6441e551-277a-4127-8201-e1948542bbd5.jpg

Lukas at Everton^^^

0,,10364~3576849,00.jpg

Lukas at Plymouth^^^

0,,10312~5319029,00.jpg

Lukas at Huddersfield^^

_46489218_jutkiewicz_goal.jpg

Lukas For Motherwell^^^4 Defenders 1 Lukas Still wins the header and scores... Watch 1st video... he was given the goal after all.... No.27

Couple of Videos of him. Not the best but....

Goal V St Mirren^^

His pace and strength are shown in an assist in a reserves game for Everton^^

^^Lukas scoring V bristol Rovers has a slice of luck well actually more than a slice... Look from ...0.46 and thats him winning the header at 1.21.. jeez actaully VERY Lucky hitting the ref for the second goal......

Thanks for reading......

Comments are welcome...

*Updates will follow when he plays *

My first scout in a couple of months... got bored today.. RAIN :/

DARREN GREENE

Re: Lukas Jutkiewicz- Nice riser and potential

A very detailed write up indeed! You quoted Jim Gannon mentioning his lack of fitness - that's not Everton's fault; he appears to have very poor natural fitness which is why his progress has really stalled his at Everton, hence why he keeps being passed around on loan. Hopefully as he can get over this problem with hard work and fulfil his potential.

A very detailed write up indeed! You quoted Jim Gannon mentioning his lack of fitness - that's not Everton's fault; he appears to have very poor natural fitness which is why his progress has really stalled his at Everton' date=' hence why he keeps being passed around on loan. Hopefully as he can get over this problem with hard work and fulfil his potential.[/quote']

yeah hopefully he can. it seems he has found a place to play regularly and enjoying his football :D

heyy just found out how to use the Search tool :P

I've seen Lukas play a lot!! as I am from Swindon and was a massive fan till i moved to the U.S (Uni) :(

Lukas from what I have seen is a very talented boy..

Oh and Greener great write up on him!! Musta took u quite a while.....

Havent heard of him in a year or two aint been home at all :/..

Cheers for the update on him.............

KEEP ME UPDATED on this... He still playing for Motherwell right?

heyy just found out how to use the Search tool :P

I've seen Lukas play a lot!! as I am from Swindon and was a massive fan till i moved to the U.S (Uni) :(

Lukas from what I have seen is a very talented boy..

Oh and Greener great write up on him!! Musta took u quite a while.....

Havent heard of him in a year or two aint been home at all :/..

Cheers for the update on him.............

KEEP ME UPDATED on this... He still playing for Motherwell right?

Alright thanks :D

Yeah still plays for Motherwell ;)

Playing Hearts at home tomorrow :D

Will keep use updated on how it goes ;)

Oh yeah nearly forgot he played 90 mins again in the loss to St mirren in the cup....

So........ Lukas at the minute has 748 mins from a possible 900 (900 and not 1080 due to late arrival from Everton...)

also..... If u want another few young cheap riser from Motherwell, try Tom Hateley ;) 12 starts from 12 Games...... RM/RB 20-74 74-81/82

also...Stephen Saunders 895 mins from a possible 1080 mins ...........RB-18-75 75-79/80

Also....Giles Coke lots of mins 10 starts from 12 games...... CM/LM-23-74 74-79

Jutkiewicz won the SPL player of the month award.

It was the young player of the month BTW ;)

Lukas Jutkiewicz has won the SPL Young Player of the Month of the month award for October.

The 20-year-old who joined Motherwell for six months on loan has made 10 league and cup appearances' date=' scoring three times.

"It`s a nice bonus, I suppose as a striker you`re judged on how many goals you score so to that end it`s been a pretty good month for me.'

• 2 weeks later...

Lukas Jutkiewicz admits he is uncertain whether he will remain with Motherwell past the turn of the year.

"I have been wondering what the future holds," he said.

"But it's probably still too early to decide on anything at the moment.

"I always wanted to come up here, play regularly and score some goals so I couldn't be happier on that front."

I think we've got a solid base and the players seem to know what's expected of them," he added.

"They know what their job is and obviously we've only been beaten once in the league this season.

"It's an important thing to keep in mind - the unbeaten mentality.

"For us, though, the ambition is to just win the next match."

Lukas is playing as we speak... playing against Dundee United and has scored a goal... Motherwell are leading 2-1 at the moment....

now 6 goals in 8 starts for him..... and he now has more goals then Ross Forbes :P

His performances this season in the SPL probably say more about the league than the player. Both Jutkiewicz and Cadematieri couldn't score in a brothel last season in League one, in a side that was creating loads of chances. We only scored goals when a 36 year old striker returned to fitness to play his final games before retiring(Andy Booth).

Both have gone to the SPL this season and are banging in the goals and getting rave reviews. Playing in the SPL(Rangers or Celtic excluded) must be like playing non-league football south of the border.

he could prob get 83 for Motherwell if he contniues playing and scoring....... Jim Gannon wants to keep Lukas there till the end of season....

Ill keep tab on him, ive had my first rise ever! well ive had 3 actualy. Forbes, Fleck, Paton and Fox all rising for me:p

His performances this season in the SPL probably say more about the league than the player. Both Jutkiewicz and Cadematieri couldn't score in a brothel last season in League one' date=' in a side that was creating loads of chances. We only scored goals when a 36 year old striker returned to fitness to play his final games before retiring(Andy Booth).

Both have gone to the SPL this season and are banging in the goals and getting rave reviews. Playing in the SPL(Rangers or Celtic excluded) must be like playing non-league football south of the border.[/quote']

So u think league 1 is a better standard than SPL :confused:

Lukas has stated that he is happy in the SPL......... He scored goals for Swindown when he was 17 in league 1 and 2 :rolleyes:

He says he is enjoying life in Scotland.... He only played 7 games for Use i think :o ..... He didnt score but sometimes loan moves just dont work out..... I'm not sating this is the reason but sometimes it dont..... And I think he has found a very good level of football to kick start his career again after the bad move to Everton IMO...

I really think, Looking back now think he shudda stayed at Swindon for another year but Swindons financial troubles had to kiss him goodbye.....

I aint saying he is gonna be a superstar but with Everton's injury problems etc. and lack of any sort of form he might get the call back in January and with an injury or something with Saha (Bound to happen to him LOL) he could get few games at EPL level maybe....

Opps :P Silly me;)

Greener can you think of any players rated in the 70's that will rise into the 80's? This is my team.. http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=1284389&clubid=4477012&sid=7186 ive got 407k' date=' who can i get that will rise to get me money?:P[/quote']

cant see ur squad :o

but If u have enough in 407K u should spend on one player :P

Michel ...... A RB for Almeria has played in every game for them and has scored a goal.... is rated 75 with the average X1 been 86/87 ;)

cant see ur squad :o

but If u have enough in 407K u should spend on one player :P

Michel ...... A RB for Almeria has played in every game for them and has scored a goal.... is rated 75 with the average X1 been 86/87 ;)

That a good money spinner! he could get me what? 6-7m :P shall i name most the risers ive got? ;)