Roma Player Analysis (Updated)

Guest Daragh

As some people will know, I have a huge soft spot for Roma so I have decided to make an analysis thread and I hope you enjoy. I have spent a while thinking on whether I should make this thread or not but after inspiration

:P from reading Ben's Valencia thread I have decided to do it. I haven’t really predicted much ratings before so go easy on me :PI don’t want this to just be based around rating predictions though. I would like to help anyone who has a question related to AS Roma :)

Doni 91 – 90/91

When he came back from his injury at the start of the season, he was ok, nothing more, nothing less. Made a few mistakes here and there but that was expected after being out for so long. After suffering an injury, Julio Sergio once again stepped in and put in some fine performances, making some outstanding saves. It looks like Julio Sergio as become the first choice now.

Julio Sergio 80 – 85/84

Before this season, Julio Sergio was 3rd choice keeper but after Artur got injured at the start of the season, Sergio stepped in. Despite Roma’s poor start defensively, Sergio has been a bright spark. He’s put in some solid performances but of course when things were going well for him, he went off injured after about 10 minutes into the Catania game. Doni soon returned from his injury and put in some average performances. Julio Sergio was given a chance and Ranieri has never looked back since after some amazing performances. He's been great and it looks like he's become first choice now ahead of Doni which he fully deserves.

Artur 83 – 83/82

I don’t rate him tbh and I know that a lot of Roma fans don’t either. Don’t have much else to say about him.

John Arne Riise 89 – 90/89

Riise has played almost every game so far this season and despite the left wing position being rotated between Menez, Guberti, Vucinic and even Perrotta at one point, he has still managed to form a good partnership with who ever is put in front of him. No need for me to explain how effective he is going forward as I’m sure everyone knows from his Liverpool days but one thing he has improved on is his link up play which has proved to be effective at times. He has been very consistent and deserves a 90.

Max Tonetto 89 – 87

He has only started once this season which came in the Europa League 3rd round. He won’t be getting much playing time, especially with Riise ahead of him. He’s also getting on a bit at the age of 34.

Vitorino Antunes 85 – 84

Hasn’t played this season.

Marco Motta 88 – 88/87

Motta really has been poor this season. He’s no where near the bar he set himself last season. Right back has been a problem for Roma this season. Motta’s positioning has been poor and has been caught out many times at the back which IMO is due to lack of concentration. He and Cassetti have both been in and out of the team this season. Burdisso has even filled in at right back due to Motta and Cassetti's poor form. However, he is beginning to pick up his form but e still hasn't been good enough. He should stay but don't rule out a possible drop.

Marco Cassetti 89 – 89

Although he has been poor so far, I expect him to keep his 89 due to the fact that at the start of the season, it looked like he was favoured over Motta and has played quite a bit. His positioning has been very poor. He is vulnerable at the back but does offer something going forward. Alexis Sanchez really give him problems with his intelligent runs and his pace. His awareness and readding of the game isn't great and players like Sanchez get a lot of success when playing against him.

Cicinho 89 – 88

After being out for so long, he looks a bit rusty and obviously his match fitness isn't up to scratch. He has made a few appearances here and there. He had a good game against CSKA Sofia in the Europa League a few weeks back though, wasn't afraid to take on players and give Roma that something extra going forward.

Philippe Mexes 92 – 92/91

My favourite player. Had a slow start to the season but is slowly coming back to form. Roma have been conceding needless goals from poor defending. He was dropped at the start of the season which is exactly what he needed, he needed a good kick up the back side and it looks to have benefited although still not playing at his best. He is the first choice center back and has played the majority of the games so far so I'm hoping he'll stay.

Nicolas Burdisso 90 – 90

Despite Roma’s poor denfensive performances, Burdisso has put in some fine performances and he is a player I really like. He is currently on a season long loan from Inter. He has formed a good partnership with Mexes IMO despite the defensive record. Can easily rise from his 90 in the future but should stay for now. I just hope Roma can tie up a deal for him at the end of the season.

Juan 93 - 93/92

I'm not a big fan of Juan. Hasn't played much at all for a few reasons, he was injured at the start of the season but when he did return, he asked not to be played against Inter as he wasn't 100% fit which Ranieri wasn't too impressed with. He was dropped from the squad as a punishment.

EDIT: Has played quite a bit recently due to Mexes injury and has put in some solid performances. Haas a good chance of staying but a drop is also possible.

Marco Andreolli 84 – 85/86

He has played quite a bit so far and has been solid. Although he is 4th choice center back, he has managed to impress, scoring a great goal against Fulham in the Europa League. However, he is by no means the finished product and has a lot of work to do.

Adrian Pit 80 – 80

Has only made one sub appearance so far and tbh didn’t really do anything.

Jeremy Menez 89 – 89

When Ranieri took over this season, he was quick to praise the talented winger and said he will need to be nurtured but after falling out when Menez refused to listen to Ranieri as he wanted to go to the gym instead of training, Menez was quickly dropped from the team but after a few games he finally won his place back in the team. He was critisized by Ranieri for being too lazy and it looked like he has listened as he has worked harder (still not enough though). He has put in some exciting and some frustrating performances so far, lets just hope he can gain some consistency. He has finally been given a chance on the right where IMO he's more effective. He's a great talent but like Ranieri said, he needs to be nurtured.

Rodrigo Taddei 91 – 90/91

He played regularly at the start of the season but his performances were very poor for his standard. He has now lost his place in the starting lline up to Menez. He doesn’t have that cutting edge this season, taking on players just doesn’t seem to be an option for him anymore :( He's lost all of his pace. He really has been poor and needs a good kick up the backside. He also got sent off against Udinese for a silly dive which was unneeded.

EDIT: Since my last update, Taddei's performances has started to pick up and his attitude has also improved. He has a very slight chance to stay but a drop is the more probable.

Stefano Guberti 85 – 86

He failed to make an impact at the start of the season under Spalletti but has now impressed Ranieri which has seen him get his chance. Ranieri stopped their training before the Milan game and told the other players they should look to the effort Guberti has been showing as inspiration. He is a lively little player but can sometimes be a little too greedy. His first touch is unbelievably good though and isn’t afraid to run at defenders. With Taddei playing poor and Menez falling out with Ranieri ealrier on this season, Guberti played regularly but first team oppurtunities have dried up and hasn't featured much lately.

EDIT: Now at Sampdoria on loan.

Alessio Cerci 83 – 83

Featured a bit at the start of the season but hasn’t played much after that. He is a hard working winger and should have more opportunities in the next few weeks after scoring in the Europa League.

Daniele De Rossi 94 – 94

He has been easily the best player so far this season for Roma. Mr Roma. Mr Consistent. Has also popped up with some vital goals too. I don’t know what Roma would do with out De Rossi.

David Pizarro 91 – 91

I’m a huge fan of his. If it was my decision, he would get a 92 but tbh I can’t see SM giving him that 92 he deserves. He has been great this season and the De Rossi – Pizarro partnership in the 4-2-3-1 formation has been vital to Roma. With out Pizarro, Roma lack creativity. With out Pizarro, Roma will struggle for goals. Also signed a contract extension which will keep him at Roma till 2013.

Matteo Brighi 90 – 90/89

Tbh he hasn’t done anything that would suggest he will keep his 90. Although he hasn’t played much this season (due to injury), he hasn’t been great, he was awful against Fulham and wasn't exactly great against Udinese. He has played a few matches but only because De Rossi was out injured. A regular on the bench but thats all.

Ricardo Faty 85 – 86

Has played the odd game coming off the bench and also has a start to his name but IMO he isn’t Roma material and with De Rossi , Pizarro and Brighi to compete with for places, chances are limited.

Simone Perrotta 92 – 92

I really hope he keeps his 92. He plays in behind the striker (the Steven Gerrard role in the 4-2-3-1). He works hard and shows so much passion which is why I like him so much. There are so many players at the moment that need a good kick up the backside for poor attitude and performances and yet Perrotta is one of the few that shows so much passion in every game. He too has signed a contract extension along with Pizarro.

Julio Baptista 91 – 90

Baptista has a knee (I think its his knee) problem. Your all probably wondering why that’s a problem, yeah? Well, the Roma staff want him to get an operation but Baptista refuses to do so as it is similar to Doni’s injury and will likely keep him out for as long as Doni was which means he will miss the World Cup. So for this reason, he hasn’t featured in the starting line up much and has only been coming off the bench in the last 10-15 minutes in the games. When he has played, he hasn't been impressive.

Mirko Vucinic 91 – 91

At the start of the season Vucinic found himself playing as the lone striker since Totti’s injury and didn't exactly set the world alight. He had a pretty poor start to the season but since Totti returned from injury, his form started to pick up. He was moved back out to the left and has made that position his own. Has also been among the goals again which is good to see and has regained his confidence. He's played well.

Mauro Esposito 86 – 85/84

Hasn’t played this season.

Francesco Totti 94 – 94/93

He had a great start to the season scoring 6 goals and tbh without Totti, Roma struggle for goals and that showed as they really struggled when he was injured. Since returning, he continued where he left off, scoring goals. Has been great this season and IMO deserves to keep his 94.

Stefano Okaka Chuka 84 – 85/86

He has taken his chance when given it but I’ve been disappointed with him at times. When he scores, you get the sense as if to say “I’ve got my goal, that’s me done for the night”. That’s just my opinion though. Theres no doubt he has talent and certainly knows where the goal is but he needs to become more influencial in games rather than to sit back and wait for a goal scoring oppurtunity to arise. He’s a good finisher, no doubt we’ll see more of him, probably will be in the Europa League where he has played regularly.

Players out on loan:

Simone Loria (86) - Torino

Marco D'Alessandro (74) - Grosseto

Riccardo Brosco (75) - Triestina

Ahmed Barusso (83) - Brescia

Alessandro Crescenzi (75) - Grosseto

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Roma Player Analysis (Updated)

Re: Roma Player Analysis (Updated) Julio Sergio 80 -> 85/6

Re: Roma Player Analysis

Roma 2 - 1 Bologna

Roma: Doni; Motta (Cicinho), Mexes, Juan (Andreolli), Riise; Perrotta, Pizarro, Brighi, Guberti; Vucinic, Menez (Baptista)

Subs: Julio Sergio, Faty, Cerci, Okaka.

Unavailable: Burdisso, Totti

Suspended: De Rossi, Cassetti, Taddei

Mexes was given the captaincy today. Roma dominated most of the first half but just lacked the final ball needed. Vucinic started the game lively with a nice bit of play and a powerful long range shot which was knocked over by Viviano. Pizarro was at fault for Bologna's goal when he give away the ball in midfield which set Adailton off to put Bologna in front.

Four minutes later, Riise put in a decent ball only to see Motta's shot blocked but Vucinic was there to equalise. Was a lucky goal but you need a bit of luck when things aren't going well and like I always say, a goal is a goal. Finally Vucinic is off the mark, hopefully that will give him a bit of confidence.

Roma missed several chances including a very good chance from Juan coming from Pizarro's corner but unfortunately he couldn't keep his header down. Gubi played well today, he didn't always look to take on defenders and often took the easier option which can usually be the more effective. Perrotta followed up Menez's shot to put in the rebound to put Roma ahead.

Nice to see Cicinho making another appearance. He replaced Motta who went off injured. Also being dropped for two games has been a positive thing for Mexes as it was a good kick up the backside he needed and now he seems to be back to his best. Disappointing to see fans are already starting to turn against Ranieri. They need to understand that he needs time.

good info and thread m8, :D

keep up the good work and keep your predictions up to date.

Mirko Vucinic 91 – 91/90 = I think he will definatley stay

Doni 91 – 91 = I think will drop 1 as he has been poor :(

there the only 2 i would slightly disagree with (I know very little about some of the players:p)

I would love to see Mr ROMA rise to 95 tho he has been consistantly good for club and country :D

again great thread and i look forward to more :D

good info and thread m8' date=' :D

keep up the good work and keep your predictions up to date.

Mirko Vucinic 91 – 91/90 = I think he will definatley stay

Doni 91 – 91 = I think will drop 1 as he has been poor :(

there the only 2 i would slightly disagree with (I know very little about some of the players:p)

I would love to see Mr ROMA rise to 95 tho he has been consistantly good for club and country :D

again great thread and i look forward to more :D[/quote']

Thanks mate and I'll definately be keeping it up to date :D

Like I said, I'm pretty new to predicting ratings so I expect people to disagree but IMO Doni will stay. He has had some shaky moments but after being out for so long, who wouldn't? Overall he has been solid though IMO :)

Thanks mate and I'll definately be keeping it up to date :D

Like I said' date=' I'm pretty new to predicting ratings so I expect people to disagree but IMO Doni will stay. He has had some shaky moments but after being out for so long, who wouldn't? Overall he has been solid though IMO :)[/quote']

seems a far enough assesment m8 ;)

good stuff m8

You've put Perrotta down for 92/91' date=' but realistically do you think he'll stay at 92? He has the 2nd most minutes out of the whole squad, only behind 94 rated De Rossi.[/quote']

IMO he should stay at 92. Like you said he has the 2nd most minutes and he has been a key figure in Roma's attack. Neither Taddei, Menez or Guberti have cemented a place in the starting line up yet (on the wings) and have been rotated around along with Cerci and Vucinic continuously and up front Totti as we all know suffered an injury and now Vucinic is now filling in for him. So Perrotta is the only attacker to have cemented a place in the team. He is a key figure in Roma's attack and should stay as he has also played quite well and also scored his first goal of the season at the weekend which was good to see.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who reads this thread (doubt there is anyone

:P) Sorry I haven't updated the last two matches/ I intened to but have been very busy lately.

AS Roma 3 - 1 Bari

Roma: Julio Sergio, Burdisso, Mexes, Andreolli, Riise, Perrotta, Pizarro, Brighi, Vucinic (Baptista), Menez (Taddei), Totti (Okaka).

Subs: Doni, Cassetti, Motta, Faty.

Ranieri stated before the game that he wouldn't play with the trident attack as he saw that as his solution to his defensive problems. Juan was also dropped due to asking not to be played aginst Inter two weeks ago due to not being 100% fit which clearly didn't please Ranieri.

Totti returned today and what a return it was. Roma started the match VERY brightly but were caught out at the back when Barreto broke free only to miss a one on one oppertunity. It didn't take long until we saw the break through though when Vucinic earned Roma a penalty which Totti converted. Roma went into full flow and dominated the game with their fast flowing football and a few minutes later, Totti put his side 2-0 up with a powerfull free kick, which Gillet had no chance. Antonelli was Bari's biggest threat in the first half though, with mazy runs down the right flank and some very good crosses. Around the half hour mark, Totti completed his hat trick with the best of the bunch. What a goal it was. Bari didn't give up though and Antonelli continued his hard work and it nearly payed off as he whipped in an inch perfect cross which landed to Langella. Burdisso was caught out of position as he took a more central role not knowing Langella's pressence behind him (which is understandable as he isn't a natural right back, he is a CB and obviously he will bring those habbits into another position). Luckily Langella missed the target but he really should have done better.

The second half started and credit to Bari, after being dominated in the first half, they came out and just went for it. Paulo Barreto was once again through on goal only to miss another one on one (thats not like him). Fantastic goal keeping by Julio Sergio. Bari then threw on the highly rated youngster Koman, who instantly made an impact with a long range shot which worked Julio Sergio. Less than a minute later Koman again was the man threatening, with another long range shot. Bari got their goal though which came from an Langella corner which saw Andreolli put it in his own net. Bari then sent on pacey winger Pedro Kamata who caused problems down the right.

Overall good performance. Ranieri should stick with this formation now IMO. Have to say, Doni wwill find it VERY hard to regain his place in the team, Julio Sergio played great today and has been very consistent when called upon this season.

My Man Of The Match: Now thats a tough decision. Usually if you scoore a hat trick, you would think Totti would get it but if it wasn't for Julio Sergio, Roma would have found it very tough today. He was amazing. But Totti just scrapes it for me, just.

My Man Of The Match: Totti

Vucinic should definetely drop

Tbh' date=' he had a VERY poor start to the season but is now picking himself up and is beginning to regain his form. He has played well in his last two matches and if he can continue this, he should be able to keep his 91.

thanks now l know who am going to sell

Thanks for the reply. Always nice to know that someone is reading :P and more importantly I've helped someone.

Atalanta 1 - 2 AS Roma

Roma: Julio Sergio, Motta (Burdisso), Juan, Mexes, Riise, Pizarro, Brighi, Menez (Taddei), Vucinic (Baptista), Totti

Subs: Doni, Faty, Guberti, Okaka

Unavilable: De Rossi, Cerci, Cassetti, Tonetto

After a good performance last week, Roma expected something similar today but that wasn't the case. Vucinic had a lively start and was straight through on goal only to waste a good oppurtunity. Motta was handed a starting place today but again was caught out at the back and was at fault for Atalanta's goal. Good play from Ceravolo, cutting in from the left hand side to neatly place it past Julio Sergio. Roma struggled after going behind and Garics only added the pressure as he continously doubled up with Padoin down the right very well. However, Roma did have a very good chance with a free header for Juan, 6 yards out only to see it fly over the bar, he really should have at least hit the target. Late in the first half, Roma began to push and earned a corner, one minute from time. A Pizarro cross landed on the head of Vucinic who rose well to win the header and equalise before half time, good finish.

The second half was pretty sloppy but again it was Atalanta who enjoyed the majority of the possesion. Padoin was once again causing trouble to Roma's defence as he scooped a great ball over the top to Tiribocchi who in the end looked for a penalty. It was the goalscorer Vucinic who put in a great ball for Perrotta who finished well to earn Roma the 3 points. Slack defending from Atalanta though and a soft goal to concede.

Good result and a very important 3 points. I was disappointed to see Burdisso dropped, I was hoping to see him partner Mexes in the center. I was also hoping we'd see Guberti today. Another average performance from Motta which is disappointing tbh. Menez was no where to be seen.....really. Glad to see Brighi getting a few matches under his belt though, he wasn't great but played ok. Another solid performance by Julio Sergio also.

My Man Of The Match: Mirko Vucinic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daragh, you seem to know what youre talking about so I hope you can help. Im thinking of buying of Vucinic, but I see he played the early part of the season up front. What do you think the chances are of him having a positional change?

I want him out on the wing as hes a churns out goals and assists like nobodys business in the set up I want him, but don't want to risk spanking half my money on someone who then loses his wing position! cheers.

Hi Daragh' date=' you seem to know what youre talking about so I hope you can help. Im thinking of buying of Vucinic, but I see he played the early part of the season up front. What do you think the chances are of him having a positional change?

I want him out on the wing as hes a churns out goals and assists like nobodys business in the set up I want him, but don't want to risk spanking half my money on someone who then loses his wing position! cheers.[/quote']

Hi mate

He shouldn't have a positional change. He's played out on the wing for the majority of the season. The only time he's played up front is when Totti was out but even then, he rarely played up front with Okaka stepping in for Totti.

Hi mate

He shouldn't have a positional change. He's played out on the wing for the majority of the season. The only time he's played up front is when Totti was out but even then' date=' he rarely played up front with Okaka stepping in for Totti.[/quote']

Thanks mate thats really useful. Ill go ahead and try to buy him then!

• 2 weeks later...

Away from ratings, I thought I'd give a little news update:

AS Roma officially announced that Totti has extended his contract until 2014 and will earn €8.6 million per year.

Thats very high considering the financial restrictions at Roma IMO.

L’A.S. Roma S.p.A. ed il Capitano FRANCESCO TOTTI comunicano di aver raggiunto l’accordo per il prolungamento del contratto economico per le prestazioni sportive, ad oggi in vigore e scadente al 30 giugno 2010, fino alla data del 30 giugno 2014. L’accordo prevede il riconoscimento al Calciatore di un emolumento lordo pari a € 8,9 milioni, per la stagione sportiva in corso, e di € 8,6 milioni, per ciascuna delle quattro successive stagioni sportive di durata del contratto. In tale ambito, è stato altresì definito tra A.S. Roma e Numberten – società licenziataria dei diritti di immagine del Calciatore - il prolungamento dell’attuale accordo di licenza in esclusiva per l’uso e lo sfruttamento dei diritti di immagine del Calciatore per specifici prodotti ufficiali amarchio A.S. Roma. Infine, l’A.S. Roma e il Calciatore hanno inteso legare la propria storia, i propri successi sportivi e i propri progetti futuri impegnandosi a garantire a Francesco Totti la permanenza nell’ambito dell’Area tecnico-sportiva al termine della propria attività agonistica, perché lo stesso, entrando a far parte del Comitato Tecnico di Direzione, possa contribuire con le sue conoscenze e la sua esperienza alla crescita ed alla valorizzazione dell’Area tecnica della Società.

The draw has been made for the Europa League and Roma will face Panathiaikos in the next round.

The winner of that match will then face the winner of Standard/Salzburg.

Transfer News:

Bayern Munich has said no one has stepped up and offered anything concrete for Luca Toni. They are prepared to give him either on loan or even a free transfer.

BAYERN MONACO: ´SIAMO PRONTI A REGALARE TONI´

pubblicata domenica 20 dicembre 2009

«Siamo disposti a regalare Luca Toni». Il Bayern Monaco vuole liberarsi di Luca Toni nel mercato di gennaio. Lo dice chiaro e tondo Uli Hoeness, presidente del club bavarese. Toni non rientra nel progetto dell'allenatore olandese Louis Van Gaal, con cui non ha mai legato. «Non abbiamo ricevuto nessuna offerta concreta, sebbene siamo disposti a cederlo in prestito o a lasciarlo partire a costo zero», dice Hoeness all'emittente DSF. «Abbiamo bisogno di tranquillità. L'argomento Toni continuerà a suscitare l'attenzione dei media fino a quando lui rimarrà qui», aggiunge Hoeness. Toni è vincolato al Bayern da un ricco contratto che scade nel 2011.

Inter are looking to get rid of Suazo and Roma could pick him up in a swap deal involving Baptista. Also the Gazzetta Dello Sport also links us with Dossena. Don't really see it happening though. Ranieri has stated that he'd like a subsitute left back for cover for Riise though.

SUAZO E DOSSENA ANCORA PIÙ VICINI

pubblicata domenica 20 dicembre 2009

La Gazzetta dello Sport - Ranieri lo ha detto chiaramente: a gennaio occorre un attaccante, e magari anche un esterno sinistro difensivo. Per la punta si attende che l’Inter «liberi» Suazo (gradito alla Roma), magari nell’ambito dell’affare Baptista, mentre per il vice-Riise il nome più caldo è quello di Dossena, sempre più ai margini nel Liverpool. Con la formula del prestito i giallorossi sono pronti all’operazione anche a gennaio, ma l’affare Dossena potrebbe andare in scena anche in estate, visto che Riise ha molte richieste pure dall’estero.

Personally, I'd like to see the Suazo - Baptista swap go through. Lets not forget, Baptista almost signed for Inter last season so it is possible. Baptista like I've said in my first post, is having problems with his knee and was advised to have surgery but refused. When he has played though, he's been poor and Suazo would freshen things up. If he performs anything like his Cagliari days then Roma could have a huge bargain on their hands if the deal does happen.

Picking up Toni on a free would be nice. Although past it, he still has a lot to offer. The only thing I'd be worried about is his wages. Obviously Roma can't afford the big wages and he may have to take a pay cut, although that might not be a problem as Toni desperatly wants out of Munich.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Roma Player Analysis (Updated)

Luca Toni has joined Roma on loan for the rest of the season.

Cicinho wants out of AS Roma. He wants to go to San Paolo, but they can't afford him. He's even considered trying to rescind his contract, hoping AS Roma would go along as no one would lose money but the club has so far refused to do so.

Cicinho will now be fined for the interview he gave in Brazil stating he wants to leave and rescind his contract. Meanwhile Sao Paolo will welcome him in open arms if he manages to get his contract rescinded.

Cicinho vuole lasciare la Roma. Stanco di non essere mai impiegato da Claudio Ranieri, l'ex laterale del Real Madrid ha manifestato a piu' riprese l'intenzione di andar via dalla Capitale per tornare al San Paolo.

"Ho gia' chiarito qual e' la mia volonta' e ho detto che volevo ritornare, ma il San Paolo non e' in condizione di comprarmi - afferma Cicinho a 'TV Globo' -. Ho pensato di rescindere il mio contratto, non pagherei nulla e non pagherebbero neppure loro, ma finora non e' andata". Cicinho spera che l'anno nuovo porti una sorpresa: "Siamo in attesa, vedremo cosa succedera' tra qualche giorno", conclude.

Also, Fulham have declared an interest to take Okaka on loan which could well happen after Roma offered him to Bari which clearly shows he is surplus to requirements atm especially considering Toni's arrival.

According to Il Corriere Dello Sport Dossena wants a move to Roma but Roma is looking to see how Max Tonetto recovers before making any moves. If the reports are true, then it wasn't a very smart move by Dossena making it public as Roma can't afford him.